PW International Championship is coming!

Options

Comments

• Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My question got ignored (i guess it just got looked over?). It's still a valid question i think... It'd be nice to have an answer before all squads should be sent in.

Nah, it was ignored. Frankie answers one or two questions at a time, then goes back to sipping is $30 coffee. My question has yet to be answered, as well. Which was like 10 pages ago. Same with about 20 other questions, lol.
  • PushDaButton - Harshlands
    PushDaButton - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hello Frankie got a Question.
    What about new players joining guild, can they attend too the Tournament ?
    Or is there some time limit ( like TWs 100 hours ).
    Ty for your answer in advance.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Some things I see missing:
    -We have to decide on a squad set up that would work best to counter most other squad set ups (face it, 80% physical class + a support magic doesn't set right with me)
    -You can easily practice in NPC gear...
    Better yet, here's how JD handle's the tourny (different game/mechanics yes, but the idea of process is a good idea I think.):
    http://jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=462931

Yes there's flaming and whatever, but these people are serious whereas I don't see many in depth questions here besides basic understanding questions. Just my thoughts but do as you guys see fit to prepare for this tournament. It's not every day you'll have a shot at an actual International PvP Tournament like this. No squandering :<

Edit: Also note, although YES people could "train" with their current gear, that doesn't really help them now will it? You get as much as you put out. Meaning if you train hard with op gear vs squads with lesser gear (the chances of being even is near 0), then you gain little to no experience. Put 2 squads vs each other with NPC gear for training, that's where the skill comes in. This tourny will most likely have pre-made toons with pre-made gear all set = to each other so the gear becomes moot. IMO, CSers can't just BUY their way and win this tournament.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Some things I see missing:
    -We have to decide on a squad set up that would work best to counter most other squad set ups (face it, 80% physical class + a support magic doesn't set right with me)
    -You can easily practice in NPC gear...
    Better yet, here's how JD handle's the tourny (different game/mechanics yes, but the idea of process is a good idea I think.):
    http://jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=462931

Yes there's flaming and whatever, but these people are serious whereas I don't see many in depth questions here besides basic understanding questions. Just my thoughts but do as you guys see fit to prepare for this tournament. It's not every day you'll have a shot at an actual International PvP Tournament like this. No squandering :<

Edit: Also note, although YES people could "train" with their current gear, that doesn't really help them now will it? You get as much as you put out. Meaning if you train hard with op gear vs squads with lesser gear (the chances of being even is near 0), then you gain little to no experience. Put 2 squads vs each other with NPC gear for training, that's where the skill comes in. This tourny will most likely have pre-made toons with pre-made gear all set = to each other so the gear becomes moot. IMO, CSers can't just BUY their way and win this tournament.
    Sorry to say this L$sty, but they can buy their way.

As far as we've been notified in the PWI tourney you use your own gear. In the Chinese you are given some.

So unless the GMs change the rules for gear at the last minute, having good gear is a pretty big advantage.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options

As far as we've been notified in the PWI tourney you use your own gear. In the Chinese you are given some.

So unless the GMs change the rules for gear at the last minute, having good gear is a pretty big advantage.

-.- Sometimes...I jsut have to wonder about pwi lol all of this bullsht about sending our most skilled players yet no preset gear for an INTERNATIONAL competition? You're (meaning PWI) saying that we dumped so much cash, we can roll any squad with next to no skills? (can't ignore the fact some rank 9s do have skills) But that's just damn c0cky. Either that , or pwi just doesn't give a damn...oh wait >_> Pure stupidity to have everyone use their own gear >_> Just call it PW International Credit Card Championship while you're at it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    -.- Sometimes...I jsut have to wonder about pwi lol all of this bullsht about sending our most skilled players yet no preset gear for an INTERNATIONAL competition? You're (meaning PWI) saying that we dumped so much cash, we can roll any squad with next to no skills? (can't ignore the fact some rank 9s do have skills) But that's just damn c0cky. Either that , or pwi just doesn't give a damn...oh wait >_> Pure stupidity to have everyone use their own gear >_> Just call it PW International Credit Card Championship while you're at it.

I know a few teams at the moment and I can tell you quite a bit of the "OP" gear in those teams was farmed and not cs'd b:surrender

Also, I have no doubt that whoever ends up in China will get lolpwnd by the International teams. They have had too much time to practice and get to know how their teams work. Although once in China, they will not be able to use their gear, everyone will have equal Tournament gear so skill will play a roll once there.

Oh and in terms of practice and "training" in current gear, some of us have been doing that in 3 v 5's just to get an idea and FML. Good practice and fun. A GREAT way to pick up on little things you might not otherwise while in a 6v6 or even setup. I know last night I got rolled with 5 versus 3 of us....BUT, I learned a few things too b:victoryb:cute

In all reality though I really think that the objective for many at this point is to just win the Server Tourney. Why I think some squads are set up how they are, more for the PvP and not so much for the PvE part.

Getting a Pk squad together that can pew-pew a boss (that is timed) in PvE with the restrictions is difficult. This entire way of choosing has so many variables that will play into it. I can tell you...A full R9 squad is not what everyone is doing :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I know a few teams at the moment and I can tell you quite a bit of the "OP" gear in those teams was farmed and not cs'd b:surrender

Also, I have no doubt that whoever ends up in China will get lolpwnd by the International teams. They have had too much time to practice and get to know how their teams work. Although once in China, they will not be able to use their gear, everyone will have equal Tournament gear so skill will play a roll once there.

Oh and in terms of practice and "training" in current gear, some of us have been doing that in 3 v 5's just to get an idea and FML. Good practice and fun. A GREAT way to pick up on little things you might not otherwise while in a 6v6 or even setup. I know last night I got rolled with 5 versus 3 of us....BUT, I learned a few things too b:victoryb:cute

In all reality though I really think that the objective for many at this point is to just win the Server Tourney. Why I think some squads are set up how they are, more for the PvP and not so much for the PvE part.

Getting a Pk squad together that can pew-pew a boss (that is timed) in PvE with the restrictions is difficult. This entire way of choosing has so many variables that will play into it. I can tell you...A full R9 squad is not what everyone is doing :p

Thankfully there's some sort of thought/strategy/insight from someone lol It sorta makes me upset with the number of people seemingly not taking this serious. With the exception of maybe 4-5 squads, I don't see us going too far in all honesty. Perhaps this was just to let us know that Tournaments are on PWI's mind perhaps. But at least when JD did it, they had the intention of going for 1st instead of just settling for server vs server. They actually scored 3rd place in the world tourny which I would say is impressive for first timers. Hopefully some people have their eyes set on 1st place.

Maybe I should have stayed to try this tourny out myself as well xD

Side note: There had BETTER be someone recording at least one of these server vs server matches D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

^ This.
    Everyone on PWI Is goiong to get laughed at now, because, most likely, the winner will have had a far higher % of their 'skill' down to gear. Main weapon for PWI? Mastercard.

When they get to china, they will be screwed :') (particually if it's a psy with awesomesauce soul force b:shocked)
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • doczzzzz
    doczzzzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    *smh* GG pwi GG...
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think PWI is just constantly trolling its player base at this point. I mean really how did PWR get their entire thing set up w/ equal gear and done before the general population even heard about it?b:surrender

canttelliftrolling.jpeg
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Does bramble work in the instance?
    Time to get chi/buffs in instance?
    Time to rebuff before boss kill?

Bit more info might be nice frankey
  • Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver
    Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    hey frankie i got some questions b:bye :

1)when exactly will the timed boss fight be?

2)will the players remain in the pvp arena until the boss fight? or will they be able to go out?(maybe restocking apoc,hp food or whatever they need)

3) flying mounts will be used?

hope i get some answers b:angry
  • LittlePony - Dreamweaver
    LittlePony - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Found video from our developers about International Championship :D
    The trouble with real life is that there is no danger music.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    hey frankie i got some questions b:bye :

1)when exactly will the timed boss fight be?

2)will the players remain in the pvp arena until the boss fight? or will they be able to go out?(maybe restocking apoc,hp food or whatever they need)

3) flying mounts will be used?

hope i get some answers b:angry

1: The timed boss fight will happen right after the 6v6 fight. We'll teleport all members of the winning team back to the arena, then spawn the boss in the opposite corner. Team members will be given a minute or two to prepare.

2. Members of the team that will be fighting the boss won't really have a chance to go anywhere outside the area. They will be summoned back to the platform soon after the 6v6 battle is over.

3. Flying is disabled in the arena.
  • Bloyse - Heavens Tear
    Bloyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

I'd like to know all of these.

Will bramble work like TW, or not like open PK?
    Will all your chi reset to 0 upon entering?
    ALSO KNOWN AS Bloysius Fliiiickingsly, Esquire

~Almost original Tao member & Former Tao Director ~
    ~ Former Enrage Executor ~

Bloyse - 101 Wizard - Wizard of Fliiick

>Official Mr. Grammar of HT< according to DarkFury
  • frankieraye
    edited July 2011
    Options

1: Yep, Bramble works

2: There will be at around one minute to get chi/buffs before each free for all battle. Please remember that attacking or casting anything on the competing squads will result in the disqualification of the character who does it.

3: There will be time to rebuff before the boss kill. At least one minute.
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Will buffs be lost upon entering the arena?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    By "arena", do you mean the one that's currently being used for the Theater of Blood event with a few tweaks (no flying, etc.) or something else like the final room for the Thursday Tournament event?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    frankie its pretty obvious with the current rate of sales and things that the gear is going to be R9 or get out ;x the fact that the 2 new classes where mentioned without complete implementation of their gears is saddening to those who play it, since these pple will basically be against the top 6 of each fac ;o sure u just have to have a bit more skill to pull some things off, but thats gonna be a whopping load of skill and luck to stay alive in a pit of R9s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • frankieraye
    edited July 2011
    Options
    By "arena", do you mean the one that's currently being used for the Theater of Blood event with a few tweaks (no flying, etc.) or something else like the final room for the Thursday Tournament event?

The arena is basically just the raised platform from the Theater of Blood. Once on the platform, you won't be able to run down the stairs or anything.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The arena is basically just the raised platform from the Theater of Blood. Once on the platform, you won't be able to run down the stairs or anything.

Putting up some invincible 1shot all mobs on the stairs than? b:chuckle
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    are you guys going to put out a list of the contestants or tell us where we have to meet up?
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think PWI is just constantly trolling its player base at this point. I mean really how did PWR get their entire thing set up w/ equal gear and done before the general population even heard about it?b:surrender

canttelliftrolling.jpeg

No kidding, I have seen FAR better organized tournaments hosted by players. With far better rules/guidelines, and equalizing conditions >.>

The people in charge here who made these stupid "your own gear/fish required/pve boss kill" factors clearly do not play their own game.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    are you guys going to put out a list of the contestants or tell us where we have to meet up?

I was curious about this too. I mean just be ready in your squads at 3pm (for Sanc) and the teams will be auto-ported in or what? b:surrender

@ blood --> I know of at least one team that does not have a fish in squad ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I was curious about this too. I mean just be ready in your squads at 3pm (for Sanc) and the teams will be auto-ported in or what? b:surrender

@ blood --> I know of at least one team that does not have a fish in squad ;)

Aren't you required to have both an assassin and a psychic?

NVM reread details XD, coulda sworn it said something like that when first announced, maybe my reading sux :x

Anyway I'm glad to see people going without fish O.O
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Anyway I'm glad to see people going without fish O.O

I think you would be surprised at at least one team and what they don't have and what they do have b:victoryb:shutupb:avoid

We are going to have fun b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2011
    Options
    im curious how many % are R9 at the initial stage

i woulda skipped work if seeker had R9 to participate ; ;
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    We are sending the team with the best gears, who are so use to just faceroll and 1 or 2 shotting people that they either never had to learn skills or have gone rusty. PWI is so screwed for this thing.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    We are sending the team with the best gears, who are so use to just faceroll and 1 or 2 shotting people that they either never had to learn skills or have gone rusty. PWI is so screwed for this thing.

If PWI's tournament is basically just full of the best r9s from each faction, wouldn't it almost be the same as if they were all given equal gear? Coming out on top in our tournament is still going to require some skill because those competing aren't likely to be facing people they can 1 or 2 shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
    edited July 2011
    Options
    blah that means the ones that go to china better be good without R9 or they gonna be an embarrassment there :S