PW International Championship is coming!

Options

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How exactly does sending every nub who just started playing make it work?

Pplz gear shows how much effort or cash they put into their toon. What's wrong in that being payed of.
    *points to my post on the last page*

Payoff is all well and good, but tournaments are contests of skill. Skill is entirely independent of cash input, and only tangentially related to effort - enough so that, if a person took the time to put effort into their gears, they should hopefully have some skill to go with them. This is not about newbies - obviously they wouldn't be of a skill level required for this, yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How exactly does sending every nub who just started playing make it work?

Pplz gear shows how much effort or cash they put into their toon. What's wrong in that being payed of.

PvP should ALWAYS be about how well you play, not how much you spend. Giving everyone equal, npc gear will force them to fight with skill. Only players that actually know HOW to play will be any good. If PWI hopes to even dream of being any kind of competition in this, they have to have a team that actually knows what the heck they are doing.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • HardnHeavy - Raging Tide
    HardnHeavy - Raging Tide Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Also, keep your eyes open for an exciting announcement in the next couple hours...

Where?

This is the so called exciting announcement for how many players? 1/1000? I bet it won't be any fun to watch global cs fight.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    PvP should ALWAYS be about how well you play, not how much you spend. Giving everyone equal, npc gear will force them to fight with skill. Only players that actually know HOW to play will be any good. If PWI hopes to even dream of being any kind of competition in this, they have to have a team that actually knows what the heck they are doing.

skill comes from knowing YOUR character... we all have different playing styles and i have built my cleric and it's gear to mine... take me out of my gear (as good or bad as it may be compared to others) and put me in npc gear... i will know my class... but my skill is lost.

edit: this game isnt hard- and knowing a certain class shouldnt be rocket science, but what makes each person unique is how they build and play their character up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

It's a competition between a bunch of best geared on servs, but do you not realise this is what the final members in the competition are going to consist of.

The gear is going to be approximately the same, so some sort of skill, team play, luck & connection speed are going to determine the winners.
    PvP should ALWAYS be about how well you play,
    Ideally maybe; however, not in this game or the majority of other free MMos out there.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Options
    skill comes from knowing YOUR character... we all have different playing styles and i have built my cleric and it's gear to mine... take me out of my gear (as good or bad as it may be compared to others) and put me in npc gear... i will know my class... but my skill is lost.

Skill is not, and never has been about the kind of gear you have. It's about how well you are able to play your class. Knowing when to use what skill and how to effectively combo your skills with others for best results in a team setting (which this is).

It is not skill based when people can 1 shot each other.
    Main characters
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Skill is not, and never has been about the kind of gear you have. It's about how well you are able to play your class. Knowing when to use what skill and how to effectively combo your skills with others for best results in a team setting (which this is).

if you think a high level wizard with npc gear cant 1 shot a bm in npc gear... i encourage you to go test that out....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

What game are you playing? Barbs without hp is just a crappy bm. Seekers, Assassins and Psychics would dominate everyone even more since they get free attack/defense levels. Venos would annihilate every player in npc gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Though the Chinese don't have R9/Pack sales every other week like us so I don't think they will have as nearly as many (if any) R9/5aps like us so I think they are the ones that are going to get owned due to use getting easy access to R9 gears unlike them.. ijs

Hate to disagree as far as rank/fail aps making better players. Just means we have more with the skill to charge zhen. They on the other hand will have the actually pk skills to take out the 5aps face roll on keyboard rank users. Of course there are players with actual skill that can drop rank/5aps here. Only problem is they are out numbered by all the rank noobs.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What game are you playing? Barbs without hp is just a crappy bm. Seekers, Assassins and Psychics would dominate everyone even more since they get free attack/defense levels. Venos would annihilate every player in npc gear.

It's called teamwork. You are not alone in this so stop trying to solo everything. If for venos you are speaking of the pet bleed issue, its called genies. Use them.
    Main characters
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's called teamwork. You are not alone in this so stop trying to solo everything. If for venos you are speaking of the pet bleed issue, its called genies. Use them.

Or ban venos pets in the competition. Since should be fair npc gear according to you... & you obviously didn't start the game with that 100 nix.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hate to disagree as far as rank/fail aps making better players. Just means we have more with the skill to charge zhen. They on the other hand will have the actually pk skills to take out the 5aps face roll on keyboard rank users. Of course there are players with actual skill that can drop rank/5aps here. Only problem is they are out numbered by all the rank noobs.

True.... If there was a way to balance out the gear most of the people here might not stand a chance since they lack "pro" PvP skills.

But like you said they will be out numbered by all the rank9 players so the Chinese players are fighting a unfair fight...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Elvindor - Heavens Tear
    Elvindor - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    We did a NPC gear event on our server awhile back....and gear does = skill to a certian extent. As an archer I was one shotting all classes besides barb/BMs and BMs would go down with 2-3 metal attacks(combo) where as the barb...noone could kill, unless he got ganked.

So, gear is required for some skill. If you have the gear you know the limits of your playing style and your character...then your skilled. If you have crappy gear, and know how to play your class...odds are, your still going to be one shot, skill wont save you if you in NPC gear and an archer uses Take Aim on you...your going to die 9/10 times.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Right, like you'll have enough time to use a genie skill before that first bleed takes all of your hp. Nevermind the second veno using bleed again if you somehow survived.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Options
    We did a NPC gear event on our server awhile back....and gear does = skill to a certian extent. As an archer I was one shotting all classes besides barb/BMs and BMs would go down with 2-3 metal attacks(combo) where as the barb...noone could kill, unless he got ganked.

So, gear is required for some skill. If you have the gear you know the limits of your playing style and your character...then your skilled. If you have crappy gear, and know how to play your class...odds are, your still going to be one shot, skill wont save you if you in NPC gear and an archer uses Take Aim on you...your going to die 9/10 times.

See a archer about to hit ya with take aim? Hit em with a skill that cancels/interrupts, stun em nuke em etc.. , an drop them. If ur good u can fight naked b:dirty
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Frankie, SERIOUS question:

Will landholding alt factions be allowed to compete? If so, that would give a clear advantage to the 2 factions who are main and alt, being that they'd essentially have 12 people participating in the battle royale rather than 6.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Vasilisk - Harshlands
    Vasilisk - Harshlands Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Will landholding alt factions be allowed to compete? If so, that would give a clear advantage to the 2 factions who are main and alt, being that they'd essentially have 12 people participating in the battle royale rather than 6.

Lol, Can you fight using 2 chars same time? Pro! b:laugh
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    See a archer about to hit ya with take aim? Hit em with a skill that cancels/interrupts, stun em nuke em etc.. , an drop them. If ur good u can fight naked b:dirty

you sort of just proved the opposite with your statement... thinking purely offensive means that everyone can 1 shot each other and it is all about who can get the first hit off first... hense the ability to survive doesnt count as skill- not sure how to explain what i mean... but turn your statement now to you being that archer in the same situation

gear matters to some extent...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

you mean radiance and war?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Having everyone in unrefined NPC gear would be a 1 shot orgy as well. It would not be more skill based than having everyone using R9. Level 11 skills hits pretty hard even if you use NPC weapons btw while anyone in NPC gear +0 is a guaranteed 1 shot. Everyone in the entire arena, besides vit build barbs, would be dead in a few seconds.

It really doesn't matter that much if people will be using NPC, TT90, NV or R9 tho as long as everyone has about the same grade of gear, shards and refines which i'm sure they will have.
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Only request from me is pick the guilds with any terrirtory lands on July 17, which means after this week's TW. For Lost City, there are so many horrible pvp guilds with land right now. Give us 1more TW after you announce this tournament would make it more fair.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So frankie, my question is, what gears will people be using? Their own or will equal gears be provided?
  • lyonitus
    lyonitus Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Huge soozefest unless youre one of the very select few involved. Spend the airfare on paying more devs to create more content for the very boring endgame.
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm curious... Are 105 lvl sins allowed to just sit in the corner till everyone else is dead?
    edited July 2011
    Options
    you sort of just proved the opposite with your statement... thinking purely offensive means that everyone can 1 shot each other and it is all about who can get the first hit off first... hense the ability to survive doesnt count as skill- not sure how to explain what i mean... but turn your statement now to you being that archer in the same situation

gear matters to some extent...

Not really cause a good archer the second take aim was canceled can turn it back around on the attacker. My point is skill matters more then gear in tha example situation they gave.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Question:

Will all of the torunament events be inside an instance or will some of it be conducted on an open map type of area.

Will the alternate be available to the 6 person squad to be available to buff?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Because it's not going to be GD + Rad + War + Drakon v Enrage to start with in the first place. Stop being ridiculous.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Sorry if I missed it. Are apothecaries allowed?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So that's it for now, but I'll be here to answer your questions in the morning today, as in, after the sun comes up :)
    What time zone do you work in? I thought you were in the US? It's 2:22 PM to 5:22 PM atm for US time.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    we get up at 12 and start to work at 1, take an hour for lunch and then at 2 we're done b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]