PW International Championship is coming!

Options

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If the free for all ends with more than one person remaining from the same team, do they have to fight each other?

I am sorry but this question is kind of...If it is a TEAM win then why the heck would you have to fight a person on your team for your team to win b:chuckleb:sweat

In terms of everything else...There are a lot of unanswered questions in regards to this. At least PWI is consistant in being vague b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ah hello Dan - someone who knows how to make money b:cute

I'm pretty sure there would be a permanent NPC like there is in the PK tourney (like the healer mob) to stop stealth from being abused? Though..it would have to be a mob that heals 1 HP or something silly like that. Stealth could easily be way..way over abused if it's allowed. Barely any of these questions are being answered b:surrender

I assume you're a fellow merchant as well. b:pleased

I fear the PvE boss/mob timer stage. Even if a superior team wins in PvP which is heavily DPH based, they may lose in the PvE because they may not have as much DPS which is PvE based.
    No, you see, the alternate's job is to sit on the sidelines and watch. Why else would they have him there?

Oh right, the cheerleader.
    I am sorry but this question is kind of...If it is a TEAM win then why the heck would you have to fight a person on your team for your team to win

In terms of everything else...There are a lot of unanswered questions in regards to this. At least PWI is consistant in being vague b:surrender

Lol, well you'll have to forgive me for asking, because it does say "last man standing." Heh.

It still proves worrisome to judge PvP ability for a PvP team to have to do a PvE contest, instead of duking it out against the other servers... especially when PvP favors DPH over DPS.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Merching is epic money b:dirty
    Too bad I spent my 1.4b on r9 last sale so I'm epic poor now b:surrender

Aren't there some CN videos on how this tournament works? Though..I don't know how much those will help considering all the text is in Chinese?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Merching is epic money b:dirty
    Too bad I spent my 1.4b on r9 last sale so I'm epic poor now b:surrender

Aren't there some CN videos on how this tournament works? Though..I don't know how much those will help considering all the text is in Chinese?

The CN videos I've seen were all 6v6... PWI describes ours as a big free for all, battle royale.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I didn't look at them much. If it is a battle royale though..that would be really interesting. I would hate for it to come down to only a single fight though =/

I've never been a fan of *you have one chance* like sports playoffs, PK tournament on here..etc etc. Who goes on to represent PWI in this event can come down to a cleric with 5% crit killing someone with a crit. It's silly to me and hopefully it doesn't come down to just one fight.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

A combination of logistics, time constraints, and developer support.

Outfitting ~360 characters in identical equipment would be very hard to do in the span of two months, considering that much of our time was spent simply making sure that the tools and content given to us were working correctly.

The best way to do it would have probably have been to have a separate server designated specifically for this, create ~360 accounts, mail login info to each of the competitors, keep track of IPs to make sure the entrants aren't letting other people log in for them, then outfit people manually one by one, since the NPC that will be used the PWIC is not available to us. This brings us to the issue of dev support - they're currently busy building out the tools that will be necessary for the actual tournament, so they aren't able to do a whole lot of stuff for the PWI version (us) right now.

Out of curiosity, Why not have a PWI dev (if we have one) just create an npc in an area that can only be accessed with an item sent to those ~360 specific players (like a restricted cube room or something) and have that npc sell tourney gear for 1 coin each?
    Like open the arena (that can only be accessed with a special non-trade/sell/accstash) for the duration of the Preliminary and make a npc to sell tourney only items. I've done this easily on private servers, so my question is why cant this be done here?
    I <3 A lot of people
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why so many posts here? All you need is r9 +12.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah, and again I don't understand why it is about me? Take any non-cs'er against someone who has dropped 2k rl cash in the game. They are toast.

Also, no... You wouldn't have +12 gear if you didn't CS. Unless, I merch'd, which I don't. I'm a farmer. I farm instances to make my coin. I don't setup a catshop 24/7. Got a problem? Suck some wee wee, cause in all honesty I make plenty of profit every single day I play PW, and whether I have or don't have R9 +12 is neither here nor there. It has no merit on the original post I made. -spin-

this made me lol irl.

Sorry but i've watched r9 +12 people get their ***** handed to them by underly geared people, so again all I'm watching you do is QQ on the forums.

Plus i'm willing to bet in game you haven't even bothered to upgrade from your old HH gear into NV gear. And what I meant in my post is that in a thread long ago you said "I spent all the coin I CS'd on my guild, along with the majority of the profit I got when I farmed NV/HH on the guild also. split between events, TW, etc."
    So I meant, if you had spent all that cash on yourself instead of other stuff I know for a fact you could be rank 9 +10/12.

Oh and if you keep saying people can't be r9 +12 w/o cash shopping, go find Calvin on LC....dude farmed ~2k worth of real life cash for his current rank 9 pieces and their refinement. So please, stop whining.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I guess some people have no idea how much other people spend on their gear and to what extent they are willing to go to have an edge. What will be funny is when these cash shoppers have to fight with the sealed box gear in China. Oops.

And What the hell does wiping a Boss have anything at all related to PVP? That is just plain reality TV quality dumb.
    Just some guy
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    this made me lol irl.

Sorry but i've watched r9 +12 people get their ***** handed to them by underly geared people, so again all I'm watching you do is QQ on the forums.

Plus i'm willing to bet in game you haven't even bothered to upgrade from your old HH gear into NV gear. And what I meant in my post is that in a thread long ago you said "I spent all the coin I CS'd on my guild, along with the majority of the profit I got when I farmed NV/HH on the guild also. split between events, TW, etc."
    So I meant, if you had spent all that cash on yourself instead of other stuff I know for a fact you could be rank 9 +10/12.

Oh and if you keep saying people can't be r9 +12 w/o cash shopping, go find Calvin on LC....dude farmed ~2k worth of real life cash for his current rank 9 pieces and their refinement. So please, stop whining.

Lol?

I did put coin into my faction before, but enough to get +12 R9, like you stated? Lol, no. Complaining? Hell yeah, I am complaining. Got a prob? The only time I ever CS'd, I spent the coin on marriage packs. Want some proof? I've been married in-game when Marriage packs weren't on sale and purchased both packs for the weddings like, what? 3-4 times now. Of course, 1+ years ago. I didn't farm the coin for the marriages. As for my gear, I have Nirvana axes, full TT99 set, all demon skills, cube necky, warsong belt, decides, another set of TT99 HA, lunar ring/cape, demon skills on bm (hf, rotp, bell, etc). I farm 4 Nirvana runs per day, everyday + BH1 + Cube + squad mode TT 3-2/3-3 solo'ing for gold mats. Average income per day not on 2x is about 5m Average income per day on 2x is 25-35m. I can beat a R9 player, and I've done it plenty of times. I'm saying that the "skilled" R9 players that CS'd their gear and have been playing for a few months, have the ability to kick my ***. That's not counting the players that farmed their gear via merching. I never stated this.

...But for the 5th time now.... Why is it about me? Seriously, lol. Get over Tremblewith, and look @ the big picture. Who wins in PK? Who wins in the PK tournaments each week? Who gets top places in tiger event? The list goes on... Who? It's generalized, but the players that have obtained end-game gear via CSing are the winners. NOTE: You can obtain end-game gear from merchanting, however how many people have done this VS the ones that haven't? It's like (estimated numbers, ffs) 100:1 ratio. Just because one person merchanted 700000000000000000000000000000000000 coins, isn't saying much. I'm saying that 99.9999999% of all players w/ R9 +12 and/or 5aps +12 have CS'd it. Whether or not they did, is really besides the point. The point is, wanna know who will win this tournament event? R9 players and/or 5aps. Hands down.

Pick through my post all you want, however I'm not the only player on these forums that thinks the winners of the tournament will be R9 +12 and/or 5aps +12.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The point is, wanna know who will win this PWI tournament event? R9 players and/or 5aps. Hands down.

Pick through my post all you want, however I'm not the only player on these forums that thinks the winners of the PWI tournament will be R9 +12 and/or 5aps +12.
    Fixed,
    The PW tourney (hosted in China) has set gear (aka no 5aps b:dirty)
    I <3 A lot of people
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Fixed,
    The PW tourney (hosted in China) has set gear (aka no 5aps b:dirty)

The players that make it to China, are the ones that will have the main characters here on PWI, packed on R9/5aps. 2nd time I've had to state this but:

Before the China tournament, there is a PWI tournament to determine who will be intelligible to enter the China one. To win the PWI tournament, you'll have to be working w/ +12 R9 and/or +12 5aps.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This brings us to the issue of dev support - they're currently busy building out the tools that will be necessary for the actual tournament, so they aren't able to do a whole lot of stuff for the PWI version (us) right now.

I lol'd....b:sweat

So...360 characters > PW Population? Ijs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I lol'd....b:sweat

So...360 characters > PW Population? Ijs...

A good handful of those players probably CS'd enough money to support the costs of this event though!

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    A good handful of those players probably CS'd enough money to support the costs of this event though!

b:avoid

b:laughb:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Cytte - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The players that make it to China, are the ones that will have the main characters here on PWI, packed on R9/5aps. 2nd time I've had to state this but:

Before the China tournament, there is a PWI tournament to determine who will be intelligible to enter the China one. To win the PWI tournament, you'll have to be working w/ +12 R9 and/or +12 5aps.
    That's what i was saying too.
    PWI Tourney is with what people have here
    PW tourney is the set gear in china
    I <3 A lot of people
  • ForeverFaith - Heavens Tear
    ForeverFaith - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    does the factions that are eligible have to still be holding land at the time of the competition? at the time they turn in their squad list on sunday?

it is very possible that some, at least on our server, lose their land before the squad list is sent in. would that make them ineligible?
  • Gralkon - Archosaur
    Gralkon - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    1. From what I understood from reading the post this will be a 6v6v6v6v6 (< Example) match all at the same time not just a 6v6 with elimination as some people seem to believe. Clarification on this please.

2. Will bramble be enabled like it is in the weekly pk tourney or not like it is when pking outside.

3. Will genies be allowed in this and in the one taking place in China.

4. Will this event take place in an instance or out in the open. Wondering about flying and jumping with this question mainly.

Any other details about the instance and any differences in rules would be much appreciated.
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This event sucks.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Whats the email for emailing our roster? ALso how exactly will the sub work? Is it only if one member cannot show or are we allowed to have 1 squad formation for aoe fest and then sub one member for the end boss?
  • Dynamyte - Lost City
    Dynamyte - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I heard somewhere that only players from China, Taiwan, USA, Vietnam, Korea, Russia, Malaysia, Japan, Brazil, Indonesia, Philippines and Singapore can compete in the (final) tournament. Is this true? Can European players for example compete or not?
  • Vasilisk - Harshlands
    Vasilisk - Harshlands Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Outfitting ~360 characters in identical equipment would be very hard to do in the span of two months, considering that much of our time was spent simply making sure that the tools and content given to us were working correctly.

The best way to do it would have probably have been to have a separate server designated specifically for this, create ~360 accounts, mail login info to each of the competitors, keep track of IPs to make sure the entrants aren't letting other people log in for them, then outfit people manually one by one, since the NPC that will be used the PWIC is not available to us. This brings us to the issue of dev support - they're currently busy building out the tools that will be necessary for the actual tournament, so they aren't able to do a whole lot of stuff for the PWI version (us) right now.
    Simple question: why other CAN but PWI CAN'T? Why other can do it for almost 90 commands (90*7 = 630 accounts) and can orginize command vs commands tournament, and PWI can't? Why PWI stuff so scarce? May be time to change something? Nothing personal, frankieraye, i know, you can't maanage it, but may be time to forward this question to someone who can?... b:cry
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    Reaperarm - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    To all those that are whining. Do you really think for one second that PWE was gonna do something that DID NOT cater to cash-shoppers.

Csers you may now flaunt your epeens internationally. = D

Oh ya. Go team visa!
    If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Regardless of epeen, CS, R9, +12 etc etc etc... Fuzzy is going to keep bugging PWI until they agree to record and give us a highlight reel. b:cute
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    May the best fish win!
    edited July 2011
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Regardless of epeen, CS, R9, +12 etc etc etc... Fuzzy is going to keep bugging PWI until they agree to record and give us a highlight reel. b:cute

Ain't gonna happen. People have been asking for something similar for TWs, since this game existed.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ain't gonna happen. People have been asking for something similar for TWs, since this game existed.

There are too many TW's every week for PWI as a whole to try and do such.

This is the 1st time they have offered/tried such a tournament since the inception of the game, and while it may not happen, Fuzzy is trying his barb best to twist the arm of the GM's to make it happen. b:cute
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
    edited July 2011
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    There are too many TW's every week for PWI as a whole to try and do such.

This is the 1st time they have offered/tried such a tournament since the inception of the game, and while it may not happen, Fuzzy is trying his barb best to twist the arm of the GM's to make it happen. b:cute

I think it's a great idea and all. Don't get me wrong, of course. I'd love to have such a way to view it, while actually not partaking in said event. I just believe it won't happen. If it does happen, then it happens. If it doesn't (which it most likely won't), at least I won't have my hopes up.
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    To all those that are whining. Do you really think for one second that PWE was gonna do something that DID NOT cater to cash-shoppers.

Csers you may now flaunt your epeens internationally. = D

Oh ya. Go team visa!

Don't forget Diners Club. This is the club where you belong! for people who enjoy life !!! and stuff

lol
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Update: We have modified the rules slightly. Instead of one free-for-all match, there will actually be two. Half the teams will fight in the first, and the other half will fight in the second. The winner of each stage will then face off in 6v6 combat to determine the server winner!

We're making this change to give the teams more room to maneuver, as well as to add a true 6v6 element to the tournament.

Here's how it looks in the News Post:

o The match is a free-for-all between teams. There will be two free-for-all stages. Half of the teams will fight in the first free for all, and the other half will fight in the second free for all.

o Upon death or log out, characters will not be able to get back into the PVP area.

o Last man standing wins for his team.

o The winner of the first free-for-all stage will then face the winner of the second free-for-all stage in 6v6 combat.

o The winner of the 6v6 battle will then face a powerful PWI Boss. This fight will be timed.

o The team with the fastest boss-killing time out of the sevent winners will advance to the PWIC Tournament!