O'Malley's Blessing Now Available through Facebook Connect!

Comments

• LateForTea - Archosaur
    LateForTea - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Nope , it still ain't working b:surrender
    inactive
  • Kali - Raging Tide
    Kali - Raging Tide Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You really are too dumb to fix this right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Matso - Dreamweaver
    Matso - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    puresax wrote: »
    As I've posted in the other thread, my problem now is that clicking the Facebook login button does nothing. No popup occurs, no redirect occurs, nothing. It's like the button wasn't coded to do anything :/

Exactly what happens on mine too.
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    still getting "Post limit exceeded for this Facebook account. Please wait one day." and its been 24 horus since i last tried >.> and before that i didnt try to get a new blessing for 3 days b:angry so i know im not over the limit

ffs just remove the limit since its glitched and saying that im over the limit when i havent gotten a blessing in almost 5 days now >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LilKinky - Lost City
    LilKinky - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    never had a problem accessing the blessing through fb other than when page was down-its nice to see a variant on the blessing but how about a longer timespan like before, other than that it looks good so far
  • DaSquirrel - Sanctuary
    DaSquirrel - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Not working here either, kinda sucks
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    As I've posted in the other thread, my problem now is that clicking the Facebook login button does nothing. No popup occurs, no redirect occurs, nothing. It's like the button wasn't coded to do anything :/

Exactly what happens on mine too.

I don't think the issue is pwi.

I have the exact same thing on a good computer, but it works totally fine on a c rappy one with older programs. Maybe incompatability with some new system softs.

No idea how to fix though.
  • boyn0ypi
    boyn0ypi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    mine doesnt work
  • phantom578
    phantom578 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    still not working for me this time it says: You must like the PWI fan page to get your reward.
    instead of asking me to chose a server and character D:
    ThePhantomX b:sinb:cool
  • macsea
    macsea Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Having the same problem as the previous guy, it says i need to like the PWI fan page.
    I check face book and my "like" shows up and says I just got the blessing. It never gave me a chance to pick the server or character, so if i got the blessing where did it go ?
    It's no in the mailbox of any character I have checked ?
  • KainAlon - Harshlands
    KainAlon - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Same issue as above for me aswell. FAce says I got the blessing but I never get in ingame nor get to select my server/character.
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    works great. thanks for a buff that is really usefull for a veno.. now time for me to change gear to compensate the +15% attack. The def buff will come in handy if i mess up and hit a mob 1 too many times. he he
    maybe the reason i don't have a problem gettin this item is that i only have 1 toon in game. hard to believe but true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • VaniaAnjani - Dreamweaver
    VaniaAnjani - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I still can't get the blessing from facebook connect.
    Same problem with other ppl, the like button keep coming back even I already liked the page
    Hope it'll be fixed soon
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    liked my sig did you Nuku_Nuku? b:chuckle

and i still cant get a blessing says im past my limit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AmuletSpade - Raging Tide
    AmuletSpade - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    b:surrender Sorry it still not working for me b:cryb:surrenderb:cry
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Same here as the others said, it says to like the fan page bt it keeps looping and no blessing for meb:surrender
  • HardnHeavy - Raging Tide
    HardnHeavy - Raging Tide Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This is the thing that most annoys me with PWE. They bring new stuff instead of fixing ''old'' problems.
  • tifah
    tifah Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm encountering the Facebook blessing glitch as well.

It tells me I need to "Like" PWI, even though I already have it liked. And then, if I try again, it says I've exceeded post count. The PWI post goes up on my wall, but I never get the menu page where you choose which character to send the blessing to and my character never receives mail with the blessing.

Please fix this. And if possible, mail me the blessings for the wall posts that were made previously, too.
  • JBourne - Dreamweaver
    JBourne - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    tifah wrote: »
    I'm encountering the Facebook blessing glitch as well.

It tells me I need to "Like" PWI, even though I already have it liked. And then, if I try again, it says I've exceeded post count. The PWI post goes up on my wall, but I never get the menu page where you choose which character to send the blessing to and my character never receives mail with the blessing.

Please fix this. And if possible, mail me the blessings for the wall posts that were made previously, too.

exact same thing to me. I have tried both IE and Mozilla Firefox
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I THINK I've figured away around this issue as I finally was able to get a blessing last night.

Start by making sure you are logged out of PWI site, then go to facebook and find any previous posts by PWI and revoke their publishing rights on your facebook.

Then LOG OUT of facebook.

Then go to blessings page and log in to PWI site. When it asks you to log in to facebook, make sure the box for "keep me logged in" is UNCHECKED.

Click like.

You should then get the option to choose your blessing, server, and character. Viola! Blessing in the mailbox.

Well, it worked for me, anyway. Everyone else try and let me know if it works for you, too :)

Edit: Note, I did this using Firefox. Also, if you've already tried today, forget it, it won't work. Wait until tomorrow and start fresh using the directions above - and please, post back and let me know your experiences with my little experiment.
  • Kali - Raging Tide
    Kali - Raging Tide Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Tried that right now but it doesnt work for me. Still no blessing. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I can't get it, i click the i like button, it shows on my facebook profile but then nothing else happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Sorry guys, I'd tried everything before, haven't had a blessing for several weeks now and finally got it to work - had really hoped it would help others b:cry
  • Icelighting - Dreamweaver
    Icelighting - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I THINK I've figured away around this issue as I finally was able to get a blessing last night.

Start by making sure you are logged out of PWI site, then go to facebook and find any previous posts by PWI and revoke their publishing rights on your facebook.

Then LOG OUT of facebook.

Then go to blessings page and log in to PWI site. When it asks you to log in to facebook, make sure the box for "keep me logged in" is UNCHECKED.

Click like.

You should then get the option to choose your blessing, server, and character. Viola! Blessing in the mailbox.

Well, it worked for me, anyway. Everyone else try and let me know if it works for you, too :)

Edit: Note, I did this using Firefox. Also, if you've already tried today, forget it, it won't work. Wait until tomorrow and start fresh using the directions above - and please, post back and let me know your experiences with my little experiment.

You, my fellow human, r a hero
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I truly feel sorry for those who can't get their blessings because it's obvious now that the problem really isn't on PW's end (and thus likely won't get fixed anytime soon) but is probably due to a combination of browser/facebook issues. b:sad

I haven't had any problems getting my blessings for a while now albeit I am stilling using Firefox 3.6 b:surrender

Oh and a big thanks to PW for finally giving it's player base something nice for a change that doesn't involve spending gold in the boutique. As a demon BM, having O'Malley's 15 defense levels added to the 5 I get from the R9 ring is (almost) equivalent to having the damage reduction Sage spark would have given me while still being able to hit 5.0. b:victory
  • StormCaller - Momaganon
    StormCaller - Momaganon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Also, if you're still having trouble getting the item through Facebook Connect, please post here - a tweak was made to the system recently, so it should be working for more people than before.

As per the above message, I am letting you know that it still isn't working for me either. I keep getting the message that my post limit has exceeded and that I am to try again in one day.

Having just come back to PWI after a few months break, I haven't logged in for a blessing in weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I truly feel sorry for those who can't get their blessings because it's obvious now that the problem really isn't on PW's end (and thus likely won't get fixed anytime soon) but is probably due to a combination of browser/facebook issues. b:sad

I haven't had any problems getting my blessings for a while now albeit I am stilling using Firefox 3.6 b:surrender

Oh and a big thanks to PW for finally giving it's player base something nice for a change that doesn't involve spending gold in the boutique. As a demon BM, having O'Malley's 15 defense levels added to the 5 I get from the R9 ring is (almost) equivalent to having the damage reduction Sage spark would have given me while still being able to hit 5.0. b:victory
    Can you prove to us how this is an error with browsers/FB?

I mean, I'm not calling you a liar. I'm seriously wondering if we can prove this so we can all find a way to make it work. >_>

I tried this process using Firefox 3.12 (installed on my work computer) and taking great care to log out of both my dummy FB accounts before attempting it. I also removed every post PWI ever made on both accounts' walls. Then I logged into one of them via the PWI Facebook Connect page (NOT FB itself), sent a Jones Blessing to my sin, went back to FB to log out of that dummy account, and then repeated the process with my other dummy account to send that same character an O'Malley's Blessing. Both attempts were successful... this time.

Can anyone else confirm/deny that Firefox 3.x works for this purpose?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • grungy66691
    grungy66691 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I have not gotten the blessing for some time now and I have tried ALL of the suggestions that have been posted on here since.

My wife is able to get her Blessings with her acounts.

The only thing I saw that somone put was there might be a problem in the database because it seems some are getting it and others are not.

Sorry for any mistyping I usually do not use Internet Exploiter. >.<
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Can you prove to us how this is an error with browsers/FB?

I mean, I'm not calling you a liar. I'm seriously wondering if we can prove this so we can all find a way to make it work. >_>

I tried this process using Firefox 3.12 (installed on my work computer) and taking great care to log out of both my dummy FB accounts before attempting it. I also removed every post PWI ever made on both accounts' walls. Then I logged into one of them via the PWI Facebook Connect page (NOT FB itself), sent a Jones Blessing to my sin, went back to FB to log out of that dummy account, and then repeated the process with my other dummy account to send that same character an O'Malley's Blessing. Both attempts were successful... this time.

Can anyone else confirm/deny that Firefox 3.x works for this purpose?

Can I prove it directly ?

Well obviously, no.

But is it a safe bet that that browser/facebook issues are most (as in 90%) likely the source of the problems some people are having ?

Well... you just showed us how you fixed the problem and far as I know, you had no help from PWI. Myself... I am able to go straight to the facebook connect page, click "login", choose my blessing and voila... its sent straight to my mailbox.

I'm not saying that PW may not be able to make some adjustments to eliminate the issues people have with getting their blessings. But I also strongly suspect there would be only so much they could do from their end and at the end of the day there would still be complaints from an unlucky few who are not getting through to facebook and /or their blessings not being sent to their mailbox etc.
    edited July 2011
    Mostly computer illiterate here...

Could it be something like... clear your cookies/history/whatever before trying any of this? When I used my own little "trick" it was from a "clean" session in my browser, I think - I use Ccleaner regularly to clear my stuff before I shut my computer down for the day.
This discussion has been closed.