O'Malley's Blessing Now Available through Facebook Connect!

Options
frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Update 7/25/11:

For those of you who are having issues getting your Jones Blessing, please in the thread below, answering all the questions that you can.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1147981

Thanks!

-FrankieRaye

Hey all, there's a new item option that can be obtained through Facebook Connect - the O'Malley's Blessing!

This blessing will give you +15 Atk Lvl / +15 Def Lvl, so if you need to do anything other than deal damage, you'll find it to be quite useful.

Another cool thing about it is that you can swap out the Jones'/O'Malley's Blessing for the O'Malley's Blessing at any time, meaning that you'll pretty much be ready for anything.

Facebook Connect can be accessed through this link:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/facebook

Also, if you're still having trouble getting the item through Facebook Connect, please post here - a tweak was made to the system recently, so it should be working for more people than before.
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Very happy about this.

Found out about it 5 hours ago, but still happy :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Aracnius - Dreamweaver
    Aracnius - Dreamweaver Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    not working for me, sends me back to the main PWI site page
    this also happens whenever i try to connect to DQ rewards, rankings etc.
    btw i use Google Chrome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:surrender
    -Waiting for the day they replace these stupid bear smilies with monkey ones
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nope, still can't get it. I still get the like notification.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    well i got the blessing but Ivy is still having the issue of getting the blessing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Kirstiein - Sanctuary
    Kirstiein - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I am still having problems with it with my main facebook account. When it wasnt working before I created an alt facebook account and it worked with that one. It still works with the alt facebook but not with my main one. I will just keep using my alt one. But just thought you guys should know.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Kinda annoying I need to swap between 2 blessings now but its a good idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Not only am I still having trouble with it, but I now can't access it from any facebook account whereas before I could access it from a new one I made specifically for PW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wow this seems like a precognition of my soon expiring ANNI-BLESS.

I had just like 30more hours on it, and now you put this out. VERY GOOD !!!

Now just release a +30def levels and we're all happy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nice - my veno's anni bless had just expired and those JJ are a pain for pulling aggro off pet! Now, whether I'll actually be able to get hold of one is another matter... very hit and miss for me until now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Mitzuki_T - Heavens Tear
    Mitzuki_T - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Very nice, Thank you guys for the add on to the Blessings we get. I am very greatful ^_^ (And using the new one now :D)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Still can't get it through the first FB account I made for the bless.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nice blessing shame the system is still bollox'd

Poor do when have to make a fake FB account and go through IE just to get one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Though this by no means mitigates how the Jones' Blessing helped make the PVP system broken, it is a step in the right direction. Thank you. Now, if we can just get a +30 Def Level blessing, we'll REALLY be in business. :P

Oddly enough, my Archosaur character has had an O'Malley's blessing in his mailbox for weeks. I did not take it out, thinking I shouldn't waste it without knowing what it is. o.O I did not request it. Of course, now I can take it out and swap it out with Jones, as described. Any idea what happened, frankie?

Also, when I tried accessing the new FB Connect page in IE, it reloaded the page and told me that my (dummy) FB account's post limit had been exceeded for the day. I had to make a(nother) dummy account using another old email address to get a Jones today. >_> FYI frankie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • truekossy
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Oddly enough, my Archosaur character has had an O'Malley's blessing in his mailbox for weeks. I did not take it out, thinking I shouldn't waste it without knowing what it is. o.O I did not request it. Of course, now I can take it out and swap it out with Jones, as described. Any idea what happened, frankie?

It's our old 2010 anniversary blessing. Those of us who had multiples or simply didn't use it for whatever reason noticed the change a couple of months back.
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    im getting "Post limit exceeded for this Facebook account. Please wait one day." when i havent gotten a blessing in over 3 days b:angry just remove the limit b:surrender causes nothing but problems
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    im getting "Post limit exceeded for this Facebook account. Please wait one day." when i havent gotten a blessing in over 3 days b:angry just remove the limit b:surrender causes nothing but problems
    The limit is presumably in place to stop people from hoarding Jones Blessings. >_> Though it doesn't seem to work anyway, not that people need to hoard them anymore as they'll never go away at this rate...
    truekossy wrote: »
    It's our old 2010 anniversary blessing. Those of us who had multiples or simply didn't use it for whatever reason noticed the change a couple of months back.
    Ah, that makes sense. I don't specifically remember choosing not to use his Anni Blessing, but it sounds like something I would've done. XD Seeing as I wasn't playing him as a serious char until recently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The limit is presumably in place to stop people from hoarding Jones Blessings. >_> Though it doesn't seem to work anyway, not that people need to hoard them anymore as they'll never go away at this rate...

Ah, that makes sense. I don't specifically remember choosing not to use his Anni Blessing, but it sounds like something I would've done. XD Seeing as I wasn't playing him as a serious char until recently.

yea i remember why they said they added the limit b:lipcurl but they should still remove the limit then i could atleast get a blessing when the site is glitching b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You guys do know there's always been a limit, right?

Before it was seven per day. Then they broke it for a while and when it came back, the limit was changed to 1 per day. Those who stocked up during the 7 per period probably have 2-3 years' worth of blessings by now.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    You guys do know there's always been a limit, right?

Before it was seven per day. Then they broke it for a while and when it came back, the limit was changed to 1 per day. Those who stocked up during the 7 per period probably have 2-3 years' worth of blessings by now.

yea i know there was always a limit but compared to 1 a day (if your lucky) it seemed like there wasnt lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It doesn't work for me sadly b:cry I miss my blessing b:cry
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • mrsarcher
    mrsarcher Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    "Post limit exceeded for this Facebook account. Please wait one day." I didn't get a blessing though. please fix this
  • Toshiho - Sanctuary
    Toshiho - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    still no blessings -_- still not working b:shocked
  • Faynalia - Sanctuary
    Faynalia - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok...I have been able to get a few now.

Here is what I had to do though...

Log out of FB
    Log out of Forums
    Create new FB Account
    Log out of new FB
    Then click like
    Poof Blessing...

ONLY way I have been able to get them and yes it is a pain in the rear b:surrender

Oh and this blessing lasts 7 days like the +30 attack one...FYI :P
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Question: Will users be able to recieve one of these along with a Jones every 24 hours, or will we have to choose?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Question: Will users be able to recieve one of these along with a Jones every 24 hours, or will we have to choose?
    only 1 not both per 24 hours D: if you can get it to work that is lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    As many have stated, it's a step in the right direction. Kinda said that, after nearly a year they decide to take this "direction", instead of doing it sooner (though, this is the Anni Blessing in disguise). Either way you look at it, I believe we should have a +30 defense level blessing as well. Many people have asked for this, literally the day the Jone's Blessing came into existence.

It worked for me, however it surely is having many issue's for other people. Nothing ever works 100%, or for 100% of the population around here.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    As many have stated, it's a step in the right direction. Kinda said that, after nearly a year they decide to take this "direction", instead of doing it sooner (though, this is the Anni Blessing in disguise). Either way you look at it, I believe we should have a +30 defense level blessing as well. Many people have asked for this, literally the day the Jone's Blessing came into existence.

It worked for me, however it surely is having many issue's for other people. Nothing ever works 100%, or for 100% of the population around here.

They've had it ready for many years already...

...it just took a year to decide on a good name to call itb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Aikidou - Sanctuary
    Aikidou - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Just tried this ; did not work with Firefox, but worked with IE7. b:victory

Just got mine no problem. Hope it works for everyone else
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This is most excellent.

PWI just did the players a solid. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Kinda annoying I need to swap between 2 blessings now but its a good idea.

werent u 103 just a few weeks ago -______-
This discussion has been closed.