O'Malley's Blessing Now Available through Facebook Connect!

Options

Comments

• Asiorek - Dreamweaver
    Asiorek - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The blessing page still doesn't work for me. I keep getting a message prompting to like PWI Facebook page even tho i already did that. Funny thing - it does post on my board that i got the blessing when i don't even get a chance to select server/character.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Can I prove it directly ?

Well obviously, no.

But is it a safe bet that that browser/facebook issues are most (as in 90%) likely the source of the problems some people are having ?

Well... you just showed us how you fixed the problem and far as I know, you had no help from PWI. Myself... I am able to go straight to the facebook connect page, click "login", choose my blessing and voila... its sent straight to my mailbox.

I'm not saying that PW may not be able to make some adjustments to eliminate the issues people have with getting their blessings. But I also strongly suspect there would be only so much they could do from their end and at the end of the day there would still be complaints from an unlucky few who are not getting through to facebook and /or their blessings not being sent to their mailbox etc.
    I did not so much "fix" my problem as I "managed to get it to work today." XD Obviously the problem is not 100% provable unless you have your hands on the code - was just wondering if you had any insight, along the lines of "do you know something we dont?" I've only been saying for years that the internet, and network tech in general, is riddled with far too many bugs and glitches to be the wonderous thing we make it out to be. :P

That said, from what I can tell, the problem may have something to do with the page refreshing a little too hastily. It seems like most browsers refresh an extra time, especially if the person is already logged into FB. And once that refresh is done, "post limit exceeded" comes up. Why is this?

Well, Asiorek's post is rather telling:
    The blessing page still doesn't work for me. I keep getting a message prompting to like PWI Facebook page even tho i already did that. Funny thing - it does post on my board that i got the blessing when i don't even get a chance to select server/character.
    So what this means is, PWE tells FB to post the spam message before even showing you the character dialog (the fact that they changed the spam text from "Jones Blessing" just to "Blessing" also confirms this, since they don't even know what blessing you chose yet - they're just spamming your wall anwyay).

THEN the page refreshes, re-checks your submission status, and finds that you've "already submitted" today.

If you'll forgive a bit of clumsily-written pseudocode:
    facebook connect pseudocode
    {
       allow user to login to facebook
       check if this facebook account has posted today; set that result to variable 
    "hasPostedToday"
       if hasPostedToday = True
          display message "post limit exceeded etc. etc."
       if hasPostedToday = False
          send spam post to facebook, update hasPostedToday to True
          [B][COLOR="Red"]refresh page??[/COLOR][/B]
          display award dialog, allow user to send blessing to character
    }

The "hasPostedToday" variable could be one of several things:
    1. It could be stored locally (on PWE's servers)
    2. It could be stored remotely (on FB's servers) in a database of accounts linked to PWI's app code
    3. It could just be checking the timestamp on the last spam post it sent you (but this is extremely unlikely, as this would mean you can circumvent the post limit entirely just by removing the spam posts)

But where the variable is stored isn't really the point. Why is the page refreshing after the spam post is made? Maybe it's part of the spam post routine in some browsers? But that just brings me to the bigger point: Why are we getting spammed (and potentially spamming our friends' walls) before we even get a chance to send the blessing? Why is the more important piece of code (the reward) being placed after the less important piece (the spammage)?

I can see only two possibilities, really. One is that we just have a very negligent web designer who didn't thoroughly test things. The other possibility is that, once again, PWE has their priorities in completely the wrong order... in that spamming us comes before giving us the item that we are grudgingly allowing them to spam us for.

Correct me if I'm wrong?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Still not getting it. I am either stuck at "Like" or "Post limit exceeded," like others above.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Not sure how every1 is having so much problems. I get them always and usually have sevearl in my mail that I forget to open :)

I use google chrome btw.
  • Silent_rebel - Harshlands
    Silent_rebel - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mostly computer illiterate here...

Could it be something like... clear your cookies/history/whatever before trying any of this? When I used my own little "trick" it was from a "clean" session in my browser, I think - I use Ccleaner regularly to clear my stuff before I shut my computer down for the day.

I just cleaned my cookies/history/ so on with Ccleaner and I still cannot get either blessings.
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    At first i was able to get the blessing, but now once again I'm not able to get it b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I still can't get it. It's pretty frustrating. Oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • Stealthfox - Raging Tide
    Stealthfox - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Oh lookie, we're at what, week number three at least with the broken blessings? Yay...
    -insert generic complaint about having to like the page to get the blessing when you've already liked the page-
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The Jones Blessing still isn't working for me or my fiance:( Whenever we try to get them; we still get sent to 'like here' etc etc, and the button is still grayed out; so we can't like anything, but it IS asking us to like PWI now, instead of FW or whatever game it was. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tyhilvee - Harshlands
    Tyhilvee - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Still doesn't work for me. I try it in Chrome and IE, and on two accounts. Each time it tells me to like the FB page when I already have >.<
  • Shyndrana - Heavens Tear
    Shyndrana - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    yeah... it's still telling me i need to like Pwi's fan page..
  • Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear
    Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ya its pretty freakin annoying knowing its there and fb gettin spammed with the **** messages we all just delete anyways. i cant get any of the blessings...meh guess ill settle for the 40 some jones i got in mail boxes already
  • dark459
    dark459 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i still cant get jones blessing or the new one b:sad
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nothing happens when I click the facebook button in the link.
  • __Jhuv - Sanctuary
    __Jhuv - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It keeps telling me to like PWI page and nothing apart that happens..
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/jhuvsign.png[/SIGPIC]
    __Jhuv - Mystic
    __Hysper - Cleric
    __Hysen - Venomancer
  • GrYnnAn - Sanctuary
    GrYnnAn - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Don't hold your breath.
    Support told me "We are looking in to it" That usually means, we don't give a f*ck.
    And we will never bother fixing it.
  • Yohaulticetl - Lost City
    Yohaulticetl - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I cannot even get the item, as it says that I must like the PWI page on facebook...... I have .... but it does not intend to give me any options to even select and item.
  • _Hardin_ - Heavens Tear
    _Hardin_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You know whats fail about all of this? They fix up forum website, add new blessing, and the thing still doesnt work -.-

GJ Pwi!!...
  • vangoda
    vangoda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I still cant get it, gives me the like button but when I press it it just brings the same button out
  • dafta
    dafta Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    nothing work for me either, i tryied opera, mozila, chrome, ie9 nothing work. i disliked from facebook nothing, changed windows nothing. i willl keep trying or figure another idea maybe make a vodoo ritual (kidding). It's seems so is only a lil problem with choising or displaying item reward, cause i can like and facebook show me on my wall i like'it. let's hope wll work soon.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I can't acquire neither Jones' Blessing nor O'Mailley's Blessing anymore. Says I have to like Forsaken World's page or PWI fan page or whatever. To be honest I'm sick of trying to get around it and use so-called tricks to get the blessing.

I just want it to work again. Get your ****ing act together.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • DelDiablo - Dreamweaver
    DelDiablo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    cant get the blessing even tho i already have liked it in facebook long ago.
    please fix it so i can get mine too. b:victory

your help is much appreciated.
    Thank you
  • Neyda - Raging Tide
    Neyda - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Its works just fine for me
  • Wolvesfury - Lost City
    Wolvesfury - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No Blessing of either kind , just the same like option or you've exceeded daily limit page.
    Still hopeful that soon i can get back to a more efficient grind thanks to the increase damage.
    I'll keep checking the forums and try my daily effort for one, please resolve sooner rather then later or let me know what i have too try to do.
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Tried this one, just because and I can't get it, either. It does the same thing as the Jones Blessing - takes me to where I log into my Facebook Acct; tells me to like PWI (which I can't, because the button is grayed out) and tada; nothing happens:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxKarleyxx - Lost City
    XxKarleyxx - Lost City Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yep, doesn't work for me either
  • Frayed - Harshlands
    Frayed - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Still not working on Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer for me.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Try clearing the cookies of each browser before attempting to send the blessing of your choice.

Oh, and hi Stretch! b:bye
  • enoughalready
    enoughalready Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ive tried every browser, every technique suggested here and nothing... Its really starting to suck that the people who can get these blessings have a decided advantage in game play, PvE & PvP, over those who cant. And its apparently completely random who has and who has not. And its completely f'n ridiculous that in the second decade of the 21st century these people have somehow lost the ability to allow a web user to click through a few times and reach the desired page. Youve gotta be kidding me man...
  • hunter7624
    hunter7624 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    why still i cant get get those blessing in my facebook account post that i got one but there is nothing on my mailbox
This discussion has been closed.