PW International Championship is coming!

Options

Comments

• Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    explain this "The team with the fastest boss-killing time out of the sevent winners will advance to the PWIC Tournament!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Update: We have modified the rules slightly. Instead of one free-for-all match, there will actually be two. Half the teams will fight in the first, and the other half will fight in the second. The winner of each stage will then face off in 6v6 combat to determine the server winner!

We're making this change to give the teams more room to maneuver, as well as to add a true 6v6 element to the tournament.

Here's how it looks in the News Post:

o The match is a free-for-all between teams. There will be two free-for-all stages. Half of the teams will fight in the first free for all, and the other half will fight in the second free for all.

o Upon death or log out, characters will not be able to get back into the PVP area.

o Last man standing wins for his team.

o The winner of the first free-for-all stage will then face the winner of the second free-for-all stage in 6v6 combat.

o The winner of the 6v6 battle will then face a powerful PWI Boss. This fight will be timed.

o The team with the fastest boss-killing time out of the sevent winners will advance to the PWIC Tournament!

You literally have responded to 0 players questions since page 2, or so. You made this thread for Q&A. You sir, have failed you're mission.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You literally have responded to 0 players questions since page 2, or so. You made this thread for Q&A. You sir, have failed you're mission.

Responded to Aubree's question on page 12 and I'm answering as I can :)
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Please, take out the pve element or else you are going to put potential competitors in a very unpleasant situation about what classes to pick for their teams. You are signing a death warrant for PWI's competitors.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Responded to Aubree's question on page 12 and I'm answering as I can :)

If you take the time to review this thread, you'll find well over 20-30+ questions. All have been unanswered. Whether they are small, or whatever... The event is next week Frankie. Remember, that there is a limited time to get this kind of information out, before the players actually begin to partake in this event. If they are misinformed or completely clueless, the event will be surely a disaster.
  • frankieraye
    edited July 2011
    Options
    On assassins stealthing for the whole match:

Though they may be invisible to other classes, the assassins involved should still be able to see each other in most cases. Due to the relatively small size of the arena and the likelihood that they may be targeted or hit early on, whether by AoE or another assassin, this may not actually be an issue.

So far, the only modification we'd make to the rules is to add some sort of time limit to the free-for-all battle - possibly something like "if there has been no pvp combat for 60 seconds, all stealthed characters must reveal themselves."

On why there is a timed boss battle:

We are not able to copy characters to another server, which is what we would need to do to let the different server champions duke it out. Incidentally, this is also why we don't have server transfers.

However, it does bring an interesting balance element into the competition - load up on heals to survive the longest and your boss kill time will suffer, not to mention your ability to win the 6v6 should you get that far.

On not answering questions:

Up til now I've been adding all responses to the original post in this thread. From now on I'll reply normally as well as add the response to the first post. Thanks for bringing that up.
    edited July 2011
    Options

Though they may be invisible to other classes, the assassins involved should still be able to see each other in most cases. Due to the relatively small size of the arena and the likelihood that they may be targeted or hit early on, whether by AoE or another assassin, this may not actually be an issue.

So far, the only modification we'd make to the rules is to add some sort of time limit to the free-for-all battle - possibly something like "if there has been no pvp combat for 60 seconds, all stealthed characters must reveal themselves."

We are not able to copy characters to another server, which is what we would need to do to let the different server champions duke it out. Incidentally, this is also why we don't have server transfers.

However, it does bring an interesting balance element into the competition - load up on heals to survive the longest and your boss kill time will suffer, not to mention your ability to win the 6v6 should you get that far.

Up til now I've been adding all responses to the original post in this thread. From now on I'll reply normally as well as add the response to the first post. Thanks for bringing that up.

It's nice to see at least some of the questions answered. Please keep this up Frankie.
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

On sins stealth: There are tons of 105 sins now , if those hit 11 lvl shadow escape, NO ONE can see them - incase you were not familiar with the game's mechanics...

How about you just set a mob similar to the one in cube 14/34 that does minimum heals, brings out of stealth & does not interupt the aoes of other classes or smth.
  • Balix - Harshlands
    Balix - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i heard that the lvl cap in china pw is 150 and that there is alot of people 120+ so whats the use if any sin there can c any sin from our pw ?

i didnt check all the posts here since i was kinda lazy but plz answer me about this b:chuckleb:pleased
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the pve element is still a very weak way to choose people for a pvp tourney. Pve in this game has that one dominant strategy, remember?
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Can we just send 1party to represent each server to China? or we create character on a server and have some preset gears to battle out instead of the fastest team to kill a boss to win. Maybe a team with caster, low aps but an other server champion has more aps, so the team with more 5.0 more likely to win the opportunity to go to the international tournament. From the pvp point of view, that doesn't mean the team with more caster, less aps characters will lose to a team with more aps 5.0. That changed to a pve contest imo.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm assuming this will take place inside the arena of blood. Will the sin buffs (focused mind / tidal protection) you currently get in there be on during the event?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • frankieraye
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm assuming this will take place inside the arena of blood. Will the sin buffs (focused mind / tidal protection) you currently get in there be on during the event?

Though it's the same instance design as the Theater of Blood, there are no Hearts, Horns, or NPCs for you to talk to.

Oh and here's what the arena looks like for those who don't know. There are invisible boundaries within the top platform - they are approximately two tiles outside of that little decorative square border., so it is impossible to jump off it or go down the stairs.

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/en/pwi/content/arena.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Frankie that pic no worky it says bad request
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Meh I don't get it PWI ._.

The russian serv has been fighting it out for a while. All the schedules of teams long up, some thought already. Y is our version behind this?

To Ast:
    http://ru.justin.tv/pw_ru/b/289877231

Here's a vid of the russian preliminaries & how their arenas looked. I'd guess it'd be similar for US/China
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Frankie I re-ask my question about outfitting everyone with equal gear
    Out of curiosity, Why not have a PWI dev (if we have one) just create an npc in an area that can only be accessed with an item sent to those ~360 specific players (like a restricted cube room or something) and have that npc sell tourney gear for 1 coin each?
    Like open the arena (that can only be accessed with a special non-trade/sell/accstash) for the duration of the Preliminary and make a npc to sell tourney only items. I've done this easily on private servers, so my question is why cant this be done here?
    And I have another.

Why was this told to the PWI population so late? I believe the Chinese side of PW announced this some months ago, and we in the forums didn't get confirmation till earlier this month or late last month that we would even be participating. And those who don't browse the forums didn't hear till this week. So, well why weren't we informed of such a grand occurrence till a month or two from the "finals" so to speak?
    I <3 A lot of people
  • frankieraye
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • frankieraye
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Frankie I re-ask my question about outfitting everyone with equal gear
    And I have another.

Why was this told to the PWI population so late? I believe the Chinese side of PW announced this some months ago, and we in the forums didn't get confirmation till earlier this month or late last month that we would even be participating. And those who don't browse the forums didn't hear till this week. So, well why weren't we informed of such a grand occurrence till a month or two from the "finals" so to speak?

We did not feel comfortable announcing anything here until we had full confirmation on the logistics of the PWIC (dates, travel requirements, accommodations, etc..), how the tournament was going to function in China, and what kind of tools would be available to us for our own tournament. For a while there, it looked like we'd have to hold our tournament in one of the Bored rooms in the Cube lol.

We also needed time to test the tools that were given to us, then to create a gameplan that would take all of that into account.

Long story short, we didn't want to announce anything until we were sure that it was happening and that it was going to function.

Regarding your question about equal gear, I believe it's answered in the first post.
  • frankieraye
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i heard that the lvl cap in china pw is 150 and that there is alot of people 120+ so whats the use if any sin there can c any sin from our pw ?

i didnt check all the posts here since i was kinda lazy but plz answer me about this b:chuckleb:pleased

PW-China's level cap is 105 just like us :)
  • Balix - Harshlands
    Balix - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    PW-China's level cap is 105 just like us :)

k coolb:laugh
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    We did not feel comfortable announcing anything here until we had full confirmation on the logistics of the PWIC (dates, travel requirements, accommodations, etc..), how the tournament was going to function in China, and what kind of tools would be available to us for our own tournament. For a while there, it looked like we'd have to hold our tournament in one of the Bored rooms in the Cube lol.

We also needed time to test the tools that were given to us, then to create a gameplan that would take all of that into account.

Long story short, we didn't want to announce anything until we were sure that it was happening and that it was going to function.

Regarding your question about equal gear, I believe it's answered in the first post.

Thank you.

I got another

Will you or anyone be recording/live-streaming the group fights? Or at least a highlight real?
    I <3 A lot of people
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The only way this would be fun would be to give everyone the same gear. Otherwise, no thanks. R9 fish gonna dominate.
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The only way this would be fun would be to give everyone the same gear. Otherwise, no thanks. R9 fish gonna dominate.

The China & Russian versions are giving all contestants +12 r9 during fights & almost any apo in game you want.

PWI ... well...
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Congrats 105 sins on winning the tourneyb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Gelfant - Sanctuary
    Gelfant - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    dunno if it has been asked but .. if a faction obtians a land this weekend then will they be able to submit a team ? i imagine the answer is no .
  • frankieraye
    edited July 2011
    Options
    dunno if it has been asked but .. if a faction obtians a land this weekend then will they be able to submit a team ? i imagine the answer is no .

You're correct - only factions who were holding land on July 11th are eligible to compete in the tournament.
  • PinkPantiez - Archosaur
    PinkPantiez - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Update: We have modified the rules slightly. Instead of one free-for-all match, there will actually be two. Half the teams will fight in the first, and the other half will fight in the second. The winner of each stage will then face off in 6v6 combat to determine the server winner!

We're making this change to give the teams more room to maneuver, as well as to add a true 6v6 element to the tournament.

Here's how it looks in the News Post:

o The match is a free-for-all between teams. There will be two free-for-all stages. Half of the teams will fight in the first free for all, and the other half will fight in the second free for all.

o Upon death or log out, characters will not be able to get back into the PVP area.

o Last man standing wins for his team.

o The winner of the first free-for-all stage will then face the winner of the second free-for-all stage in 6v6 combat.

o The winner of the 6v6 battle will then face a powerful PWI Boss. This fight will be timed.

o The team with the fastest boss-killing time out of the sevent winners will advance to the PWIC Tournament!

So how are you all picking which half goes with which half? Will it be random, seed-like or what?
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Earthguards users cant use R9; shouldn't we get anything cool so it can be balanced?
    like a super sword for Seekers and a great wand for Mystics or somthing like that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't know if this has been asked/answered already, and I can't be bothered going through 14 pages of QQ/rage, so I'll ask here.

Two people from the squad are sent to China to represent us, leaving the other five squad members to participate from their home computers, so my question is: will there be localisation for the members that are to participate outside of China, or will they be left to endure the debilitating ping?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Dynamyte - Lost City
    Dynamyte - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My question got ignored (i guess it just got looked over?). It's still a valid question i think... It'd be nice to have an answer before all squads should be sent in.
    I heard that only players from China, Taiwan, USA, Vietnam, Korea, Russia, Malaysia, Japan, Brazil, Indonesia, Philippines and Singapore can compete in the (final) tournament. Is this true? Can European players for example compete or not?