Europe server opinion (to help improve not flame)

Options

Comments

• neksta
    neksta Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I havent read all the comments, 7 pages was too much, I read around the first four to five. The fact that the servers are specified German and French doesn't bother me (I'm Irish) I still joined the French server for the better timed events and tws for me personally. However after running around a bit I started to get pms. These pms were in French and seemed friendly enough, I answered i was english and suddenly i was getting chewed out getting told in (poor English) to "get out to us this is for France" etc etc. I also learnt french swear words that were...creative really.
    I'm not whining about this too much but i feel alienated slightly by this attitude and I would appreciate a European server that is based as an English speaking server...I mean I like the endgame things to do, stuff like territory wars but getting up at 2am for them would be ridiculous. I don't think asking for a English European server is too much and I do hope the staff will take this into question

Regards,

Punamera
  • BigDin - Harshlands
    BigDin - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's not random at all. I'm sure the largest percentage of European players log into PWI from IP addresses originating in Germany and France. If you think they would randomly pick two countries to starts servers for, you're delusional. It's all about money and maximizing profit potentials.

Dude. Over two thirds of Germans speak english. Most likely they are the same ones (majority) on the Internet (and like your point - ALREADY playing English speaking servers in the west).

Similar story France.

Of course it is a business / money decision. I don't think that is a bad thing either by the way.

The big point was NEVER language (you can d/l the server in English). The big sell point was introducing a new TIMEZONE for Europe.

The confusion is why make 2 in basically the same timezone...

And why make them both PVE.

There is still no pvp option for Europeans. Shame.

The point is. We didnt need 2x PVE in basically the same timezone.
  • XMichelx - Heavens Tear
    XMichelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    There is quite a easy solution actually ... Open 2 servers: A English EU - PvP server and a English EU - PvE server = Easy. Now get on with it and do it, ok?
  • Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear
    Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    There is quite a easy solution actually ... Open 2 servers: A English EU - PvP server and a English EU - PvE server = Easy. Now get on with it and do it, ok?

Exactly! This is what should've been done from the start. WHY PWI, WHY?! b:angry
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Stop being stuck up brats geez you finnaly get a server for your dam continent. Even tho the morons should have put it in english tht aside if they wnted to put another pvp server they would have. As you can see and have seen if you have played the game long enough more pve servers have popped up then pvp servers; hmm now i wonder why tht is o ik mabey because more people prefer pve then pvp. You should just be dam lucky you whiny little ******* even got your own server; now gtfo and go play on your own servers so i dont have to hear or see you ****in little ******* any more. b:bye
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »
    Stop being stuck up brats geez you finnaly get a server for your dam continent. Even tho the morons should have put it in english tht aside if they wnted to put another pvp server they would have. As you can see and have seen if you have played the game long enough more pve servers have popped up then pvp servers; hmm now i wonder why tht is o ik mabey because more people prefer pve then pvp. You should just be dam lucky you whiny little ******* even got your own server; now gtfo and go play on your own servers so i dont have to hear or see you ****in little ******* any more. b:bye

you mad bro?
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear
    Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    you mad bro?

+1

10char
  • XMichelx - Heavens Tear
    XMichelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Uhm not having a PvP server is a 2nt for me >.> I meen that can always be created later ... But the 2 new servers not being English ... well that just ridiculous and it needs to be fixed fast >.>
  • anwynd
    edited July 2011
    Options
    you mad bro?

Yes i am mad im sick of seeing these ****in people ***** and moan when it was there own choice to play on a american game tht would have times tht will benifit you guessed it americans. I dont have any problem with a erupean playing or have any problem with them themselves. I just think tht instead of ******** and moaning on how it was unfair tht they were playing to on AN AMERICAN GAME (with times set up for AMERICANS)tht they thought they should have the royal treatment and have stuff made easier for them: when they should have just asked a few times and **** instead of the endless ranting and QQing in general discussion and the suggestion discussion months upon months. Before anyone says anything yes now this version is not only an american game now. Now all you whiney little erupeans gtfo and go to your own server the none whiny may stayb:bye
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yes i am mad im sick of seeing these ****in people ***** and moan when it was there own choice to play on a american game tht would have times tht will benifit you guessed it americans. I dont have any problem with a erupean playing or have any problem with them themselves. I just think tht instead of ******** and moaning on how it was unfair tht they were playing to on AN AMERICAN GAME (with times set up for AMERICANS)tht they thought they should have the royal treatment and have stuff made easier for them: when they should have just asked a few times and **** instead of the endless ranting and QQing in general discussion and the suggestion discussion months upon months. Before anyone says anything yes now this version is not only an american game now. Now all you whiney little erupeans gtfo and go to your own server the none whiny may stayb:bye

o.o its not an american game, its a chinese game. i think the way you "nerdrage" -points at your siggy- i would say you need to get layed...you whine to much, kiddo
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It is not about language. It is about time zones. I play german server even I don't reallu speak german but time zone is so big thing. Waiting for english server with european time zone..

o_O wait, european servers don't have a european time zone?
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    o_O wait, european servers don't have a european time zone?

He is saying he is waiting for the English EU server, since we have German and French EU servers only right now. Rumor has it (and we all know how reliable rumors can be...) that there will be an English EU PvP server released in the future.
  • Nyxyo - Harshlands
    Nyxyo - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i am playing in so called "German server" but beside red messages in German announcing events times i have not see anyone talking but in english... also i am in a guild with 80+ players all over europe that "amazing" are able to talk english

also being pve server sounds a bit a problem but pvp guys was killed when they put sins in game really...with little to no exceptions is no pvp outside tw... but european times seem so so so coolb:victoryb:victory
  • Kemonomimi - Momaganon
    Kemonomimi - Momaganon Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    neksta wrote: »
    I havent read all the comments, 7 pages was too much, I read around the first four to five. The fact that the servers are specified German and French doesn't bother me (I'm Irish) I still joined the French server for the better timed events and tws for me personally. However after running around a bit I started to get pms. These pms were in French and seemed friendly enough, I answered i was english and suddenly i was getting chewed out getting told in (poor English) to "get out to us this is for France" etc etc. I also learnt french swear words that were...creative really.
    I'm not whining about this too much but i feel alienated slightly by this attitude and I would appreciate a European server that is based as an English speaking server...I mean I like the endgame things to do, stuff like territory wars but getting up at 2am for them would be ridiculous. I don't think asking for a English European server is too much and I do hope the staff will take this into question

Regards,

Punamera

Join the German server. 95% english talkin. English talking faction called Warflame with almost 200 members now.
  • anwynd
    edited July 2011
    Options
    o.o its not an american game, its a chinese game. i think the way you "nerdrage" -points at your siggy- i would say you need to get layed...you whine to much, kiddo

Is the game in chinese no its in english ,is this game version located in china o look no its in america you dumb *****. You think i whine to much when ive only made 3 posts now, well you stupid ****in people have made hundreds of threads whining and QQing gtfo dumb ****. Listening to you ****in people again and again and again just made me blow my top when i saw how ungrateful these ****in whining people are AGAIN ,and you can shuv tht kiddo right up your *** i havent been a kid in years.b:bye
  • Ray - Momaganon
    Ray - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You guys need to do the things with sense...

Openning two european servers based on two languages is a fail. Server has been running for 3 days and is extremelly empty...
    You need to open ONE unique server for europeans, put it PvE (as it seems is the kind of server that gets more population) and let all the germans, french and english speakers play TOGETHER, not split up.

I think in the german server there aren't more than 500 players on it at the moment... Everything is empty, archo has like 10 catshops max lol. In the openning of a new server is the time where most people are active on it, imagine when a month pass it

MERGE ALL those plans for european servers in one. Let the germans and french have their own client, make their own factions together to fight in TW and then it will be fun. But for now, you're pushing away the people that are not german nor french cause they think the server will not be in their language, when is just the other way around.

With this population, not even TW will be fun lol
    Always man up. -> /watch?v=pvaN27TgJUc
  • anwynd
    edited July 2011
    Options

Openning two european servers based on two languages is a fail. Server has been running for 3 days and is extremelly empty...
    You need to open ONE unique server for europeans, put it PvE (as it seems is the kind of server that gets more population) and let all the germans, french and english speakers play TOGETHER, not split up.

I think in the german server there aren't more than 500 players on it at the moment... Everything is empty, archo has like 10 catshops max lol. In the openning of a new server is the time where most people are active on it, imagine when a month pass it

MERGE ALL those plans for european servers in one. Let the germans and french have their own client, make their own factions together to fight in TW and then it will be fun. But for now, you're pushing away the people that are not german nor french cause they think the server will not be in their language, when is just the other way around.

this sounds like a very nice idea b:victory
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    and you can shuv tht kiddo right up your *** i havent been a kid in years.b:bye

Pity, because you are certainly typing and behaving like one. At any rate, it's not so much as ungrateful as trying to demonstrate a need and demand for English European servers. At any rate, the reason that PWI chose French/German servers first is because the French and German players already have their own forums/main web page. For those players it wasn't just the times that were inconvenient, as with the English version, it was that they were unable to play as well because everything was done in English. They weren't even permitted to post in these far more active forums for help in their native tongue. Those forums are dead because to get many of the detailed aspects of the game, you need to speak English (well at least previously this was true.) Those who could speak English posted here. Thus they missed out on all the resources even the forums provided. Their ability to play was severely hampered in every aspect by the language barrier and many of the squads they joined were not in fact German/French speaking. We have all been in squads with these players that can't communicate and so ignore everything being said to them and fail at timing things because they can't understand the advice being given to them. To me that is a more severe impediment to their gaming than a small minority of players being unable to stay up late to TW.

I hope they release an English server soon for the English speaking Europeans, but I agree with their decision to release something for those whose game was more severely impacted first and worry about the other people later. Those who say that they should cater to majority of players fail to realize that they already do. The majority of players are North American. Next they go to the minority group who has the most severely impacted game play, which were the French/German players. Hopefully they will address your gameplay issues next.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

i am not sure in this coz prev. company made eu pvp/pve server and there was more player in pvp server during whole server lifetime
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Is the game in chinese no its in english ,is this game version located in china o look no its in america you dumb *****. You think i whine to much when ive only made 3 posts now, well you stupid ****in people have made hundreds of threads whining and QQing gtfo dumb ****. Listening to you ****in people again and again and again just made me blow my top when i saw how ungrateful these ****in whining people are AGAIN ,and you can shuv tht kiddo right up your *** i havent been a kid in years.b:bye

b:laughb:laughb:chuckleb:pleasedb
    Pro person right here, I propose you run for head of the U.N. , clearly your thought process is as deep as it could ever be on a human being and you're able to grasp the quintessential problems of humanity best !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michel - Momaganon
    Michel - Momaganon Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    They should've done it different from the start seriously >.> Instead of a German and a French server they should've made 2 English servers: A PvE English server and a PvP English server.
  • Whyskas - Lothranis
    Whyskas - Lothranis Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I really dont know whats the thing about the language... Im in french server and everybody speak english... so far i got no problem at all with language...

But yeah no PVP server kinda sucksb:angry
  • Samwen - Lost City
    Samwen - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I second the notion for a pvp server! And I think they're should've just been named EU-pve & EU-pvp rather than french and german. But I have seen quite a few people speaking english on them. Doesn't the Duke speak french/german though?
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options

O.o...just cause the game version is located in amerca, it doesnt make it an american game. "MADE IN CHINA" makes it a chinese product, not an american.

You sure sound totally grown up, duh. Did you learn this words just recently, that you have to use them in every second sentence? Watch out. Soon you gonna get some hair on your small balls :) its only natural progress to the puberty.

Your post made me LOL. I m gonna call you from now on Nerdrage
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well i surveyed both new servers. 3 hours after launch there were 10 people in city of the lost on my T screen, less in etherblade, 5 hours after launch there were 3 people in west arch, 1 day after launch there was only 2 people at oracle I spot.

This was the German server. I've seen both RT, and ARCH servers at launch date, and the new servers were much less population than Arch + Raging Tide at launch.

Couple low population with having the exact same cat shop our servers have... means gold will start out being an insane price and stay there. Means cash shoppers will have more advantages than they've ever had. BUt you say man there were also packs near the start of RT. That is true, but they were 1 dollar each, instead of 1/3 dollar. But maybe miracles can happen and these can be good servers. But as that other poster said, with population like this tw would be a joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niob - Harshlands
    Niob - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's nice to finally have some servers in Europe. The ping is two times lower.
    But I'm really worried about the loneliness factor... when I'm playing on either of the US servers there's hardly anyone else within half of the map, and if there are going to be even less players, my chances of meeting another player that can speak English (outside of Archosaur) are about as high as of encoutering one of these rare mobs. b:cry
  • OliOli - Momaganon
    OliOli - Momaganon Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's nice to finally have some servers in Europe. The ping is two times lower.
    But I'm really worried about the loneliness factor... when I'm playing on either of the US servers there's hardly anyone else within half of the map, and if there are going to be even less players, my chances of meeting another player that can speak English (outside of Archosaur) are about as high as of encoutering one of these rare mobs. b:cry
    I've played 2 days and saw only ONE person speaking only German (but found 3 speaking only russian, i'm not sure it's german server, more). And i met a lot of pplz. I joined a fraction and there are pplz from all over the europe and speak english.

I don't see any problems except duke and some server-side quests are in german.

Anyway i'll play on so-called "DE-server" because of ping, to US servers 500-800 to EU 50-200, feel the difference :)
    Events time zone is also great.
  • Kraxen - Harshlands
    Kraxen - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok here's some stats.

Population:
    Europe 851million
    - Germany 81m
    - France 63m

It is not even a dent on the Europe population.

Top European languages by number of speakers:
    1. English 50%
    2. german 31%
    3. french 24%

Maybe this explains it. Pwi thought german and French are the next 2. However over two thirds of germans speak English!!

The only plausible is to help timezones.

So why not make 2 servers:
    1. PVE (that French / german / English can all access)
    2. PVP (that French / german / english can access)

Making 2 pve servers in neighbouring countries that vast majority speak English makes no sense?

Is demand for pvp so low? It's only thing I'd play. Really don't understand the attraction of pve. Maybe I am alone here?

No Din. You are NOT alone.

I feel the same way you do, been waiting forever for a new pvp server . . and everytime they come up with new servers, It's always PvE. I wonder when PWE is gonna make actually something good . . everytime they try they fail. If it's not this, its that. If its not that, its this. >.<
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    somebody said the server isnt in europe, and show with ip seeker site, i dont was in home so only now tested it, in game and i am happy with ping

(But i dont play in eu server till no PVP server, even i am not a rpker just frustring the pve server)

pingdj.jpg
  • denadoro
    denadoro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Denadoro here (EU Community Manager).

We're aware of the current situation and we'll work on a communication strategy to ease it for every user, also non-native french/german speakers.

We'll find a solution for this and come back to you as soon as possible.

Please be patient in the meanwhile.

Kind regards
This discussion has been closed.