Europe server opinion (to help improve not flame)

Comments

• valy91
    valy91 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    the two European servers are for all European playersb:thanks
  • Marchei - Lost City
    Marchei - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm happy that european servers appeared but I was a little confused seeing French and German no offence but like someone already said Europe is not only these countries. Still I made a new char on French server simply because I've got less ping and better time for events. What irritated me a bit is when I answered I'm Polish I already heard a couple times ingame if I know it's a French server (like 'what are you doing here girl?'. Of course I know, but still it's European server too, meh.

I'm happy with PvE server, although I started on Lost City, but I also understand people dissapointed with two PvE and no PvP EU server, it's strange.
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    2 servers... riiight. I think there are not enough players for 2 servers. I don't know how populated they are but I don't think there will be too many people on them in 2-3 months. They should have started ONE EU server (for all European languages), but whatever.
  • Killercows - Sanctuary
    Killercows - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i think about 70-80% of players prefer PVE so it might not be smart to open up PVP servers in german and french before they know the player base is big enough to support it.
  • BigDin - Harshlands
    BigDin - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i think about 70-80% of players prefer PVE so it might not be smart to open up PVP servers in german and french before they know the player base is big enough to support it.

Repeats the point Europe is an ENGLISH speaking majority continent.

Location simply doesnt matter. Could call them server 1 amd server 2 for all i care... Just give them different language packs for NPCs and Quests... The important thing is TIMEZONE (ping too but lesser priority for me personally).

The point about 1 PVE and 1 PVP is because As of right now... There is no European timezone option for players who play PVP exclusively. Your choice is TW at 1am on harshlands or 4am on Lost City. Trust me I've done both over a few years now and it is life draining lol.

Side note (and im open minded - just shocked) but is that 70-80% prefer PVE right??? I only play for PVP. I don't understand the appeal of PVE in the slightest lol. Meh xxx
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Din you still going to make a guild on Europe server?

If so wich server, and whow i apply?
  • BigDin - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Din you still going to make a guild on Europe server?

If so wich server, and whow i apply?

Dude I simply can't.

PvP or gtfo :(

PvE = PvP minus my favourite part of the game (battling other players for fun / testing skills all day lol)

PvE is like a diet coke, a vegetarian sausage, your simple brother or a teenager pushing an empty pram... Somethings missing.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    PWI for the people who are able to communicate on at least a lower lvl of english
    i r very low :O
    PW France + Germany for those who failed classes?

Germany and France are the most populated countries in Europe, also its where the money is (so no pw greece or spain soon probably)
    ofc pwe opens there first
    also the majority of europeans speaks both, english and either french or german + random

i think its somewhat of a piloting project, checking out the area before opening up more servers,

maybe they assume british people rather play on PWI since its international, and english speaking
    more focusing on the language barrier than the real issue >EVENT TIMES<

personally i dont want a fking german client and new names to all the stuff i know
    rather play a completely new game >_<

(also i cant leave those poor canadians alone on PWI with US ppl D= )
    i like potato
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    PvE = PvP minus my favourite part of the game (battling other players for fun / testing skills all day lol)

Not everyone likes PVP. I personally don't want to get killed by 50 lvls higher people while I'm trying to lvl and/or lose my items. How frustrating is that?
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    From my experience playing this game for a few years on both MY-En, PWI and several shietty p-servers; there is MORE Ger/French/Dutch people interested in Perfect World than from other European countries sadly. People from Great Britain or Scandinavia for example tends to prefer WoW over anything else b:chuckle

I know several Fr/Ger who quit playing PWI (not because the cash shop sucks/no endgame content like the rest of us) but because they cant or dont want to speak English. Have anyone heard German or French people trying to communicate in vent during lets say PvP or TW? Most of the times they dont speak at all because they're embarrassed or they will flee to their own 100% German Team Speak channel lol. I'm totally generalizing right now of course, millions of Ger/Fr speak perfect English but compared to other parts of Europe they often lack a bit.

I strongly dislike French and German community's in online games and not only because i cant speak the languages very well b:avoid But i can understand why PWE chooses to open these 2 servers first, i'm guessing they wanna gain new players (who wants to play PWI but cant because of the language barrier) as well as having old ones emigrate. I would prefer an English server to since i cant do events or TW 4-5 AM and hopefully it will come eventually.
  • AckIes - Sanctuary
    AckIes - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    jiq wrote: »
    Not everyone likes PVP. I personally don't want to get killed by 50 lvls higher people while I'm trying to lvl and/or lose my items. How frustrating is that?

Seems to me the pvp players are always trying to convince themselves....I can turn PVP on too....not missing anything really.

Besides PVP in PW is a joke.
  • GodHero - Lost City
    GodHero - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I would never step on a PvE server. You can call PvP in this game a joke, unbalanced, w.e, it is fun. Specially because in a PvP server you have the obstacle or hardship of any high level appearing and pawning you, ofc if you are smart you won't loose anything. I'm a fan of playing games the hard way, I don't like easy peezy 5.0 APS or PvE servers where I can turn off PvP.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    From my experience, Germans speak the best English out of Europe.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sunshine Packs and Reset Notes are on sale for the first day on the new servers.

I Lol'd.... then wept a tear for the new server's fate.

-->Poor Fellows<--

BTW, Look at my post count! D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I would never step on a PvE server. You can call PvP in this game a joke, unbalanced, w.e, it is fun. Specially because in a PvP server you have the obstacle or hardship of any high level appearing and pawning you, ofc if you are smart you won't loose anything. I'm a fan of playing games the hard way, I don't like easy peezy 5.0 APS or PvE servers where I can turn off PvP.
    Sunshine Packs and Reset Notes are on sale for the first day on the new servers.

I Lol'd.... then wept a tear for the new server's fate.

-->Poor Fellows<--

BTW, Look at my post count! D:

Listen up what If I told you the answer but you will not like it I know it.
    I can tell you it and you WILL hate me for it but I WILL have to if you want it done.b:surrender
    Take this thread to MY current thread I am trying to "get" done freely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    SinouNao - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Congratz 1st person i know that met all countrys in europe
  • Femswordtank - Lost City
    Femswordtank - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Wutchu talkni b00T we spaek prefect Engrish b:victory

Such terrible grammar makes me feel ill :S
  • Ozuru - Lost City
    Ozuru - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    where are the new servers at i dont see them on my servers list?
    b:angry
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    MORE Ger/French/Dutch people interested in Perfect World than

i disagree with this after i played in pw ms, yes true fr/ger got a really huge player base but i dont underestimate the player population from spain/poland too also from little countries like hun/ro u could make few guild (ok this was 2 year ago but i think still have a great number atm too from other countries).
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    Dimiter - Lost City Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm a European player and I'm really happy that PWE finally released servers that are in a decent timezone for me to play. In fact, I hadn't played PWI for a while until I saw that piece of news so I immediately started updating my client and half an hour later (still updating lol) I kinda regret that since from what I've been reading both new servers are PvE.

Seriously, PWE, what the hell? There hasn't been a new PvP server in ages, you've released a ton of PvE servers, now you're dropping 2 new EU servers and they're both carebear havens? I really appreciate your effort to bring PWI to French and German speaking audiences, but in case you didn't know - more than half of EU's population does speak English pretty well. And I'm also very doubtful that people from Dubai, Israel, etc. will need a German/French client to play the game - what they need and what we all need is a decent timezone to be able to take part in all the events that happen during the middle of the night for most of us.

Now that you've given us that timezone, come on, give us a decent PvP server so we'll actually be able to have some fun here! Besides, you know that's good for you, because people on PvP servers are much better paying customers...
  • NuDe - Heavens Tear
    NuDe - Heavens Tear Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Cool, je vais enfin avoir le droit de parler en francais sur le forum...non?
  • Fantomuhaivu - Harshlands
    Fantomuhaivu - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    this is not eu servers, ping is 200+ (no bussy serv so ping only 200+, if will be bussy = pwi's normal ping = 700+) for eu ofc,
    time isnt eu, american only,
    its big pwi fail, gz gl hf !

i w8 for aeria server, maybe server will esp, but aeria not lie
    welcome http://es.perfectworld.aeriagames.com/
  • BigDin - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Cool, je vais enfin avoir le droit de parler en francais sur le forum...non?

Non. Vous devez parler anglais a tout jamais!!!

Mange tout ... Mange tout!!!
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Monge tout ... Monge tout!!!

....what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • BigDin - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    So...

6 pages later lol

Is there going to be a euro PVP server in 2011??
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ....I can turn PVP on too...

b:beatupb:beatupb:beatup
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Siumiki - Dreamweaver
    Siumiki - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    well there are few russian guilds in dreamweaver server and they already speak in russian in worldchat, even making squads for dungeons in russian language. so i bet pretty soon people will start talking in german, french languages and diff european languages on european servers. they got better time zones for me, but i dont understand those languages. all i know is latvian, russian and english. and only euro english server is gonna be pvp in which im not interested either :s
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    And I'm also very doubtful that people from Dubai, Israel, etc. will need a German/French client to play the game - what they need and what we all need is a decent timezone to be able to take part in all the events that happen during the middle of the night for most of us.

I know I don't speak for all Israelis, but I prefer to play on a West server despite the time difference. I don't have lag, nor does my ping spike often, and I don't even have the best internet connection I could get. I probably won't change my server even if a better time zone one was introduced for me, since I already have so much in my current one.

That's just my personal experience.
  • BigDin - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    I know I don't speak for all Israelis, but I prefer to play on a West server despite the time difference. I don't have lag, nor does my ping spike often, and I don't even have the best internet connection I could get. I probably won't change my server even if a better time zone one was introduced for me, since I already have so much in my current one.

That's just my personal experience.

How can you prefer when there hasn't been an alternate timezone option to compare it to?

:confusedbear:

completely get the point about leaving my old stuff behind. Will be hard as I almost finished SuperHands and Soupz on Lost City. I just hit a brick wall with 4am events. :(

Is no news bad news on euro timezone for PvP???
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Disappointing for the majority of European players to make a german and French PVE server.

It's very random. It's as if someone just picked a map of euro and pointed at the first 2 countries they saw and thought "europe... Done"

It's not random at all. I'm sure the largest percentage of European players log into PWI from IP addresses originating in Germany and France. If you think they would randomly pick two countries to starts servers for, you're delusional. It's all about money and maximizing profit potentials.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
This discussion has been closed.