Europe server opinion (to help improve not flame)

Comments

• Dimiter - Lost City
    Dimiter - Lost City Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    denadoro wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Denadoro here (EU Community Manager).

We're aware of the current situation and we'll work on a communication strategy to ease it for every user, also non-native french/german speakers.

We'll find a solution for this and come back to you as soon as possible.

Please be patient in the meanwhile.

Kind regards

The best solution would be to release an English EU PvP server.

Thanks in advance. :)
  • Michel - Momaganon
    Michel - Momaganon Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    denadoro wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Denadoro here (EU Community Manager).

We're aware of the current situation and we'll work on a communication strategy to ease it for every user, also non-native french/german speakers.

We'll find a solution for this and come back to you as soon as possible.

Please be patient in the meanwhile.

Kind regards

uggghhhhhh if you really are a EU Community Manager then why don't you have like special status on the forum and only 1 post? Sounds to me like some stupid attempt to get us to **** ... lol ...
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    uggghhhhhh if you really are a EU Community Manager then why don't you have like special status on the forum and only 1 post? Sounds to me like some stupid attempt to get us to **** ... lol ...

^This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    hey guys dont knock denadoro!

he turned up in archosaur (german) and got everyone to gather round and chatted to us for ages about the language issue and other stuff (since most people there speak english). He listened and seemed truly interested in making everyone happy.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Because German/French forums have nothing to do with US forums, thus he has no such privileges as a special avatar on these forums... hard to actually think, huh?b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bryssa - Harshlands
    Bryssa - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I think the best option would be to add a pvp server English. For me it has been a failure to divide the servers in countries (both pve). It would have been better to have everyone happy. Add clients (German and French, perfect), but the pve server outside English official language for all Europeans. Same with a pvp server. It seems very stupid what they say, that is because most are German and French and has been done because some do not understand English. Excuse me? I am a Spanish girl and neither speak English. But an official language is better overall is no sacrifice!

They have a client with their language and I find that very good. But the official language in English, for all to understand well.
    Plus, after forming clans from various countries and that is also fun. (Remember the more people the rivalry between heroes and nemesis. (The beginning, and also the end) was great fun!)

If someone does not know English is not an obstacle. And he says a girl who does not know English.

b:thanks
  • JSXJoe - Sanctuary
    JSXJoe - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I guess some of you guys just dont get it...Germany and France are central countrys in Europe so I guess thats the main reason why they have choosen to put the servers there...furthermore its true that the greatest playerbases from europe come from germany at first hand and then from France...but never the less...just use the original american client and play on an EU server where all Event times should be ok for the majority of player and plz stop QQing and complaining about a "non-English-Server" cuz there is just not an inch of neccesity for this..be thankful with what PWE gives you or just quit. Simple huh =? b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am really honered, ty b:victory

My Chars:
    101 Demon Blademaster. 101 Demon Barbarian,
    100 Sage Seeker, 100 Sage Cleric, 100 Demon Assassin,
    101 Demon Cleric, 93 Demon Archer, 101 Sage Venomancer,
    89 Demon Psychic, 100 Sage Mystic, 100 Demon Wizard
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    Pannelo - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well done PWI for managing to **** up the simplest of things. I joined the German EU server to see what it would be like. Great to see good pings (with the servers being in Netherland) but why oh why did you create French and German EU servers. Everything is in German (obviously) but when the majority of the EU speak and understand English then why do this? Thats not an EU server, that 2x Country servers. Thats like creating 2 new servers US servers that are in Spanish for the Mexicans.

Surely the best thing to have done would be to have an English EU and None English EU servers. After speaking to a GM on there as to whether World Announcements could be changed he basically said no way.

So basically the fact still remains. There is no English Speaking EU server. Even the launch doesn't have x2 exp/drops.

So basically they want me to leave behind all my characters, all the time I spent, all the money I spent, my faction and my friends to join what might as well be PW Malaysian???? The German server will be dominated by 1 guild and will be dead.

Sorry PWI but you will have 2 white elephants on your hands when all the English Players leave and stay on the US servers and I don't understand why you can't see this.

I know more people will just go QQ, you're never happy etc etc etc but it is such a shame as I really wanted to get behind the launch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Lag? What lag?
  • Kraxen - Harshlands
    Kraxen - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well done PWI for managing to **** up the simplest of things. I joined the German EU server to see what it would be like. Great to see good pings (with the servers being in Netherland) but why oh why did you create French and German EU servers. Everything is in German (obviously) but when the majority of the EU speak and understand English then why do this? Thats not an EU server, that 2x Country servers. Thats like creating 2 new servers US servers that are in Spanish for the Mexicans.

Surely the best thing to have done would be to have an English EU and None English EU servers. After speaking to a GM on there as to whether World Announcements could be changed he basically said no way.

So basically the fact still remains. There is no English Speaking EU server. Even the launch doesn't have x2 exp/drops.

So basically they want me to leave behind all my characters, all the time I spent, all the money I spent, my faction and my friends to join what might as well be PW Malaysian???? The German server will be dominated by 1 guild and will be dead.

Sorry PWI but you will have 2 white elephants on your hands when all the English Players leave and stay on the US servers and I don't understand why you can't see this.

I know more people will just go QQ, you're never happy etc etc etc but it is such a shame as I really wanted to get behind the launch.

So true. And like I said before, PWE ALWAYS fails. If It's not this, It's that. If It's not that, It's this. I swear that If PWE makes something awesome like adding a new PvP ENGLISH Server, I'll spam forums thanking them or even give them my credit card info cause thats what they really love!
  • Delegna - Harshlands
    Delegna - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    We want English pvp server. Please ... and come soon. b:dirty
  • sezzebaby
    sezzebaby Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It would be easy to solve this by saying that both languages are accepted (DE+EN and FR+EN). In the announcement on this site you do not mention that these are exclusively German/French servers. You say that there are these new clients, GMs and customer supports! The other thing: if you open new EU servers, these will be deserted. Well, you have the statistics, but as we players see, about half of the population is international.

So you could just say, that these are bilingual servers, there are 2 main languages on both. The extras are the DE/FR clients, GMs, customer supports. Only this and we would be happy there.
  • Shaidy - Sanctuary
    Shaidy - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    These new servers are fail!

Europe and its surrounding countries need European servers - not French, not German!

I'm trying out the German server - my fac leader spoke on WC today and got 4 or 5 PM's telling her to speak German or s**u. Wow how friendly! b:angry

I will not spend any money on that server as it is not suitable for Europeans imo, and I doubt I will continue playing on there.

What PWI needs to do is either fix the language barrier, or implement 2 new servers - English speaking PvE, and English speaking PvP (not everyone wants to be on a PvP server).
  • Delegna - Harshlands
    Delegna - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Europe and its surrounding countries need European servers - not French, not German!

I'm trying out the German server - my fac leader spoke on WC today and got 4 or 5 PM's telling her to speak German or s**u. Wow how friendly! b:angry

I will not spend any money on that server as it is not suitable for Europeans imo, and I doubt I will continue playing on there.

What PWI needs to do is either fix the language barrier, or implement 2 new servers - English speaking PvE, and English speaking PvP (not everyone wants to be on a PvP server).

It seems to me better than they will have a pvp and a pve server. But you have to take into account that there are already two PvE servers, so other pve is abusive (3 pve ...), for my opinion. But as I said, while opening a pvp server by opening a third pve, I'll be happy.
  • Michel - Momaganon
    edited July 2011
    It seems to me better than they will have a pvp and a pve server. But you have to take into account that there are already two PvE servers, so other pve is abusive (3 pve ...), for my opinion. But as I said, while opening a pvp server by opening a third pve, I'll be happy.

Then delete the French and German server? Cause honestly I don't care aslong as they open 2 new server and don't **** it up AGAIN
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    seriously somebody got answer when will be pvp server?
    in this year or maybe after few year?
  • Neyda - Raging Tide
    Neyda - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I think the main reason for a german and a french Server was because
    german is the most frequently spoken native language in the EU, followed by french.

1. 19% German
    2. 13% French
    3. 12% English

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_Europe
  • ObiWanNairb - Sanctuary
    ObiWanNairb - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Neyda your percentages are based off population as opposed to what people actually speak

the list below shows the top European languages ordered by total number of speakers in the EU:[13]
    49% English
    35% German
    26% French

using the same source site
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i am not sure that valid if we see only younger generation too (i think about bigger ger territory during ww etc but now i see in school english got higher priority and only 2nd the ger/fr in neutral countries) :P
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    Pannelo - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Incidently, it was Den that I was speaking to regarding the translation issues on the German server and was told in no uncertain terms that broadcasts would not be in English and would not be changed because it is a German EU server and it is all setup Serverside rather than Clientside. Sorry PWI but this should really have been thought out much sooner than now, before launch. English speaking players will be leaving in their droves and to be honest I hope they do.

I tried and have left it now. Whats the point playing on a server that you don't userstand and like I mentioned earlier if I did I would rather it be PWI MY. I certainly won't be returning. You have created a German server that is for German players. Your German server will be dominated by a German guild (I predict Diamond$) and I doubt that an English guild will even get a look in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Lag? What lag?
  • Neyda - Raging Tide
    Neyda - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Neyda your percentages are based off population as opposed to what people actually speak

the list below shows the top European languages ordered by total number of speakers in the EU:[13]
    49% English
    35% German
    26% French

using the same source site
    when you count in the foreign languages, my native is native language only.
    there are more Country in Europe where german or french are native languages
    but beside France and Germany most of the country are shared between the 2 languages.
    -Switzerland (french/german/italian)
    -Liechtenstein (german)
    -Luxembourg (french/german)
    -Austria (grman)
    -Belgium (french/dutch/german)
  • Shaidy - Sanctuary
    Shaidy - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    In addition PWI should have taken into account those countries not actually part of Europe but where people would be likely to want to play on a server with a European time zone ...
  • Michel - Momaganon
    edited July 2011
    In addition PWI should have taken into account those countries not actually part of Europe but where people would be likely to want to play on a server with a European time zone ...

Yeah africa ... parts of asia
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    I was watching my father play in the new German PvE server last night and I got jealous - the server's pretty much a clean and friendly place to be, there aren't too many high levels about, it seems fun to play. I want to play on a new server too, cause the feeling of it is much better than on the older ones where everyone has several 9x or 10x alts.

I started playing on Lost City immediately after it was released but I have stopped playing multiple times. Even so, the first 6-10 months were probably the best time to be on LC - it had all the features I'd expect from a PvP server. There were a few big guilds, those guilds were competing for grinding and zhenning spots, TWs were fun. There was a lot of PK-ing going on (and PK back then wasn't at all limited to West Gate, in fact it barely existed there) and the server felt alive. The drama was actually good back then, with RageQuit and other similar guilds playing a vital role in the server.

After watching my father play on a brand new server I got jealous because we, PvP-ers, don't get the same treatment. Instead, we've to put up with LC and HL, of which both are pretty lame nowadays. We need some fresh blood in this game, we need some real motivation to play and spend money here.

The current situation makes it so that EU PvP-ers are discriminated because all EU servers are PvE.

Come on, PWE, Lost City will be 3 years old in less than two months! Hasn't it occurred to you that we, PvP-ers, may sometimes also like to start anew? Especially when it's on a decent enough timezone?
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    SinouNao - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I was watching my father play in the new German PvE server last night and I got jealous - the server's pretty much a clean and friendly place to be, there aren't too many high levels about, it seems fun to play. I want to play on a new server too, cause the feeling of it is much better than on the older ones where everyone has several 9x or 10x alts.

I started playing on Lost City immediately after it was released but I have stopped playing multiple times. Even so, the first 6-10 months were probably the best time to be on LC - it had all the features I'd expect from a PvP server. There were a few big guilds, those guilds were competing for grinding and zhenning spots, TWs were fun. There was a lot of PK-ing going on (and PK back then wasn't at all limited to West Gate, in fact it barely existed there) and the server felt alive. The drama was actually good back then, with RageQuit and other similar guilds playing a vital role in the server.

After watching my father play on a brand new server I got jealous because we, PvP-ers, don't get the same treatment. Instead, we've to put up with LC and HL, of which both are pretty lame nowadays. We need some fresh blood in this game, we need some real motivation to play and spend money here.

The current situation makes it so that EU PvP-ers are discriminated because all EU servers are PvE.

Come on, PWE, Lost City will be 3 years old in less than two months! Hasn't it occurred to you that we, PvP-ers, may sometimes also like to start anew? Especially when it's on a decent enough timezone?

+1 totally agree
  • Freaksy - Heavens Tear
    Freaksy - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    When i saw the European servers announced, i got REALLY excited. One of the major problems with my gaming experience was the absolutely horrifying hours i had to TW and/or wait for my friends - usually at ~04.00 am or ~06.00 am. Now that the time zone is somewhat ok for me, i see that there are only 2 languages supported, and none of them is english. Well - an english server, based in GER/FRA would've been great, but a GER/FRA servers, based in GER/FRA does not make a lot of sense. I am fluent in 3 different languages and even this does not solve my case, because none of them is French or Dutch. I am too old to learn a 4th language, but oh, well - another reminder of why i stopped caring about PWI back in 2009.
    The PWI staff should probably be more interested in what the community has to say, before actually launching a parade, celebrating a not fully functional "major" move.
    An example of great server selection - both for location and language selection would be the "Runes of Magic" server list - http://www.theromwiki.com/Server_List.
    What we have here is a job, not really thought through and i wonder, how much the character transfers will cost, when they are announced? And i know they will be, because of huge amount of high level toons, coming from Europe. PWI never leaves an opportunity to scrape off a few cents.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011

I congratulated someone to his wedding in german in world chat yesterday and got told in world chat and PM's to move to German server or s**u. So your american community isnt better and friendlier even b:victory
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    What we have here is a job, not really thought through and i wonder, how much the character transfers will cost, when they are announced? And i know they will be, because of huge amount of high level toons, coming from Europe. PWI never leaves an opportunity to scrape off a few cents.

Honestly, I think they won't be offering transfers because it's much more profitable to make people start over from level 1 after they've already spent a crapload of money on the other PWI servers. But if they do offer transfers, they'll charge a lot of cash for it.

I agree with you that it seems PWE haven't thought through this job and so far they haven't given us any signs to hint at how these problems will be solved.
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    lol you know how good the German economy is right? Doesn't it make sense to put a pay to win server in a country with disposable income, and a predisposition to conflict?
    Anyone see a German Nationalist Party on the TW map?? b:victory Instead of getting chronobikes, they will get Panzers
  • charmanta
    charmanta Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi,
    I am new here on Europe server (Morai) and I might be out for thread but can someone tell me when is the day for server reset? Is the same time with US reset server time? Thank you very much
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    charmanta wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am new here on Europe server (Morai) and I might be out for thread but can someone tell me when is the day for server reset? Is the same time with US reset server time? Thank you very much

NECRO ! Yes the server reset time or maintenance time of US & EU servers are same, Every Tuesday night starts from 11pm PDT to 1am PDT.

Someone please CLOSE it now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
This discussion has been closed.