Europe server opinion (to help improve not flame)

Options
BigDin - Harshlands
BigDin - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
Disappointing for the majority of European players to make a german and French PVE server.

It's very random. It's as if someone just picked a map of euro and pointed at the first 2 countries they saw and thought "europe... Done"

German and French are not the "universal" language of Europe. English is...

Also both pve...

Is there any development of a EUROPEAN - ENGLISH - PVP server?

It seems the demand is there...

Bisous tout le monde x
Post edited by BigDin - Harshlands on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ehh. The germans and french have a much harder time playing on the current servers than the English.

PWI is attempting to make the game available to a wider range of audiences. I bet the next EU server will be english though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • DaKaan - Harshlands
    DaKaan - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yes i'm really disappointed that there wont be an english client, cause most people speak english in europe too, besides their native language..
    Just french on german wont even reach half of the playerbase that PWE can have in europe
    Ghanima 101 wiz, DaKaaN 101 BM, Ra\/en 96 Seeker
    Quit this game for another one called real life b:shocked
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yes i'm really disappointed that there wont be an english client, cause most people speak english in europe too, besides their native language..
    Just french on german wont even reach half of the playerbase that PWE can have in europe

You can use the regular PWI client for them...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • XXagonyXx - Heavens Tear
    XXagonyXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    as they said in the german/french forums. its very possible to play euro servers with the english client.
  • DaKaan - Harshlands
    DaKaan - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You can use the regular PWI client for them...

Its about the Event/TW times also.. cause now i cant afford to go to any of them due to my job b:sad
    Ghanima 101 wiz, DaKaaN 101 BM, Ra\/en 96 Seeker
    Quit this game for another one called real life b:shocked
  • Phii - Harshlands
    Phii - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The idea behind the servers is that pwi doesnt want to help their current european playerbase, but more or less wants to get new players from germany and france.
    They are already talking about a 2nd german and french pvp server, but no word about english one :P
  • GodHero - Lost City
    GodHero - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    They should change the events/tw time, not make tons of new servers unless they specifically want to attract players from those places. The more servers there are, the less people per server, which is going to give it a ghosty feeling. This is PW INTERNATIONAL, there should be a neutral time for events/tw and not separate population by servers.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    They should change the events/tw time, not make tons of new servers unless they specifically want to attract players from those places. The more servers there are, the less people per server, which is going to give it a ghosty feeling. This is PW INTERNATIONAL, there should be a neutral time for events/tw and not separate population by servers.

Ok, given that we can no longer say that the game itself is just American, I'll have to settle for this. THE CURRENT SERVERS SAY US-WEST AND US-EAST. GUESS WHAT?! THAT MEANS US-TIMES.

b:cute Im done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • GodHero - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok, given that we can no longer say that the game itself is just American, I'll have to settle for this. THE CURRENT SERVERS SAY US-WEST AND US-EAST. GUESS WHAT?! THAT MEANS US-TIMES.

b:cute Im done.

We all know that, but this is supposed to be international. There are neutral times between US and EU where both can normally attend TW and events. But guess what? more servers, less peeps per server. I don't see how that can be at all beneficial.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The problem with the "international" arguement towards event times is that honestly there is no single time that is good for the entire world as a whole.

People from many countries (not just EU and US) play PWI, and even then considering the game is targetted towards working players (trust me CSing is very very encouraged), its more likely for events to be targetted at night in their chosen area (which was east and west coast US), This is why the EU servers were made to give a choice for those who couldnt attend events.

I logged into the german server and trust me not 1 person even the GM (archer) who I was speaking german everyone was speaking english. So even if you cant speak german or french you should have no problems finding squads there.

I might play a bit over there for low level pvp when they make pvp servers but honestly pve servers just dont interest me, however they do interest some people and they do encourage new clients as its a much less competition driven enviroment to level in intially.
  • GodHero - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yea you are right. However, much of the ppl I saw were either ppl checking the server out, or just random ppl with names such as "asdasd" or "bbxcbbb" that log in for who knows what reason. But yea it was funny, in both servers everyone or most ppl were speaking english. Oh well, I'll stick to one server, and ofc, PvP b:victory
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    We all know that, but this is supposed to be international. There are neutral times between US and EU where both can normally attend TW and events. But guess what? more servers, less peeps per server. I don't see how that can be at all beneficial.

I am hungarian user, so 100% sure i dont play on eu fr/ger server, also i dont want play here too coz of 140ping instead 40 also coz all event time is bad to me, this is why a EU english server could be nice.

GM.com tryed in europe and failed but coz of 100% no support from china and no response (dont was any event without bug, also no gm event, or if it was 1x in year then also buggy , without any fix, with lv cap limits, bans by mistake, bot invasion).

exclude this few problem i think we (who played there) could agree the event times/pings/community was No1 and worth to open a english server there with correct support.
  • Itzala - Harshlands
    Itzala - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    First of all, welcome to PWI Shadowvzs, but I remember you one little think. You was working in a fake PW who never pays to Perfect World Entertainment, then PW MS wasn't a official server, and you know It.

The problem here isn't we can play german server or french server in english. The problem here is Europe isn't 2 countryes. And speaking in all Europe english, the normal think is to do 2 servers, PvP and PvE, no German or French, EUROPEAN, with the servers in London or in another city with London time. And no, I'm from Spain. The reason? It's an english-language region.

EUROPEAN PVP SERVER NOW!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ecatomb - Harshlands
    Ecatomb - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And speaking in all Europe english, the normal think is to do 2 servers, PvP and PvE, no German or French, EUROPEAN
    It's so true, they should have done that.
    French and german could have play together on english server with their own client without problem.
    ecatomb.net/pwi/

Skill Database - Item Database - Character Simulator
    Baby Pet - Rare Pet - lvl100 Pet - Quest
    Screenshot of: Fashion - Mount - Armor - Weapon
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Is it really such a big deal for English-speaking Europeans to have their own special English server? There are plenty of those, ijs, and it's not like there's much of a language barrier between Euro-English and American-English except a few 'u's tossed into words here and there. I guess I could understand if it's a time issue, since I know that there can be time conflicts for TW for Europeans (even those that don't speak English), but seriously...stop QQing over pointless things.
  • Erakko - Raging Tide
    Erakko - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Is it really such a big deal for English-speaking Europeans to have their own special English server? There are plenty of those, ijs, and it's not like there's much of a language barrier between Euro-English and American-English except a few 'u's tossed into words here and there. I guess I could understand if it's a time issue, since I know that there can be time conflicts for TW for Europeans (even those that don't speak English), but seriously...stop QQing over pointless things.

It is not about language. It is about time zones. I play german server even I don't reallu speak german but time zone is so big thing. Waiting for english server with european time zone..
  • TROLLOLOLOL - Dreamweaver
    TROLLOLOLOL - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I am hungarian user, so 100% sure i dont play on eu fr/ger server, also i dont want play here too coz of 140ping instead 40 also coz all event time is bad to me, this is why a EU english server could be nice.

GM.com tryed in europe and failed but coz of 100% no support from china and no response (dont was any event without bug, also no gm event, or if it was 1x in year then also buggy , without any fix, with lv cap limits, bans by mistake, bot invasion).

exclude this few problem i think we (who played there) could agree the event times/pings/community was No1 and worth to open a english server there with correct support.

←HUNGARIAN TOO b:cute
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

It's always been international. Before you guys keep emphasizing this you really need to learn the definition of the word. International means between two or more countries. Since Canada, the US, and Mexico (the North American playerbase who the times all cater too) are all different countries with different cultures, it's already international just with those. Furthermore, these time zones are close to the South American time zones. South America is a different continent full of many different countires that differs greatly from North America. In addition, this is the parent company's international branch in that the main company is CHINA. So not only is China on a different continent, China is catering to players on the other side of the world. Literally. If you dug a hole to the other side of the world from China, you would end up in Brazil. Get over yourselves. International doesn't automatically mean Europe. It's already international with just the original servers.

In addition, they heard your guys complaints and have new EU servers. I was just on the German one. It was a lot of fun and I met many English speakers on there. I sincerely hope that they make an English European server, especially one that is PVP. I'm sure there are many that would appreciate it and it can bring them more money. But they don't have to do this just to be considered international. They already are an international game and they were before the German/French servers came out. International doesn't have to include Europe, or any country for that matter. All it needs to be international is two or more countries. You got us on the world series though. That's just a silly name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • MeaMoeYao - Lost City
    MeaMoeYao - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    European playerbase endlessly suggesting better event times and QQing about continental latency was an opportunity for PWI to create a new community, that would have been populated with new players and old players/migrating CSers alike, but no, the 2 new servers are touted towards 2 individual countries ignoring all suggestions again, if language wasn't the issue why do France and Germany both have a PVE server?
    A PVE and PVP server aimed towards the whole of europe would have made a lot of people happy, quietened the endless QQing and probably made PWI a few more football fields of cash.
    There are plenty of those, ijs, and it's not like there's much of a language barrier between Euro-English and American-English except a few 'u's tossed into words here and there.

few u's tossed out of words here and there* Fixed b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

//\\Futa\\// 101 BM - Chinatown
  • BigDin - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok here's some stats.

Population:
    Europe 851million
    - Germany 81m
    - France 63m

It is not even a dent on the Europe population.

Top European languages by number of speakers:
    1. English 50%
    2. german 31%
    3. french 24%

Maybe this explains it. Pwi thought german and French are the next 2. However over two thirds of germans speak English!!

The only plausible is to help timezones.

So why not make 2 servers:
    1. PVE (that French / german / English can all access)
    2. PVP (that French / german / english can access)

Making 2 pve servers in neighbouring countries that vast majority speak English makes no sense?

Is demand for pvp so low? It's only thing I'd play. Really don't understand the attraction of pve. Maybe I am alone here?
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The sad thing was that it actually was not a private server, however crappily it might have been run. http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/news_c_080729.html

games-masters.com also ran cabalonline IIRC

(just to set the facts straight)

Let's see if PWI is more succesful with keeping the clients in different languages up to date. Even getting them out properly at all would be better than PW MS ever was. Other than that I agree that an English European server would have been a bit smarter....
    First of all, welcome to PWI Shadowvzs, but I remember you one little think. You was working in a fake PW who never pays to Perfect World Entertainment, then PW MS wasn't a official server, and you know It.

The problem here isn't we can play german server or french server in english. The problem here is Europe isn't 2 countryes. And speaking in all Europe english, the normal think is to do 2 servers, PvP and PvE, no German or French, EUROPEAN, with the servers in London or in another city with London time. And no, I'm from Spain. The reason? It's an english-language region.

EUROPEAN PVP SERVER NOW!!!!!!!!!!
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    so what about the language?

is the npc/quest text still in english, even if you have an german client downloaded?
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

is the npc/quest text still in english, even if you have an german client downloaded?

I'm gonna guess no based on this screenie from AmericaFTW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm gonna guess no based on this screenie from AmericaFTW

yea the thing is Duke Blacke is talking in German there b:shocked, thats why im asking
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • BigDin - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options

Missed the point.

2x PVE servers in basically the same geographical position makes sense how??

PVP ... European timezone ... Any news on this.

Making 2 pve's that are both English speaking really in same timezone just halved each ones activity. Should have made one IMO.

Sure their reasons were wise and all knowing and we are all wrong tho
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

You don't need a different client. You can login just like you would any other server. And so quests are in english.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Glis - Lost City
    Glis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the most awesome thing about it currently is, that there's no world cham spam at all

about the locations, i guess the most european players come from germany/french if they choose to host the servers there
  • BigDin - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So i guess the positive is that it doesn't matter if they call it French / German it is still inclusive to allow English speaking (and sounds like it English has become the main language in World Chat etc already but really that is by-the-by)

The negative (in imo) is that they made 2 when they should have made 1.

The question... (!!!)

ARE THERE PLANS FOR A EUROPEAN PVP SERVER (if so is it in 2011)??? please advise
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok here's some stats.

Is demand for pvp so low? It's only thing I'd play. Really don't understand the attraction of pve. Maybe I am alone here?

you're not alone. developers probably never played mmo. they think it's all about finishing quests, friendship, ingame love and weddings, everyone is happy and nobody would want to kill another player. what a bunch of idiots...
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    French, German, spanish who cares now BOTH pve cmon rlyb:angry
This discussion has been closed.