Why is so hard to find a cleric this days? [Dreamweaver]

Nirita - Dreamweaver
Nirita - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
For example, all the FC squads take a looot of time finding a cleric (arround 20 mins or more), what is this for? Why ppl dont like clerics as avatar? Or they (clerics) prefer to do another runs like TT? or ... TT lol
Post edited by Nirita - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Ppl weren't exactly nice to clerics so clerics oneday just said "**** you guys, I'm rerolling"... Well at least I did about 1,5 years ago... Being a cleric is a realy underapreciated job and with stuff happening like "when something goes wrong blame the cleric" they just didn't feel like being one annymore... We used to have plenty of 'm (at least on HT) but these days we sometimes even have to bribe them... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I think my issue is not finding a squad to take me to what I need. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The good clerics no longer squad with randoms (for the most part).

The rest have quit/rerolled/are so horrible you'd rather run without a cleric than bring them along.
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I think my issue is not finding a squad to take me to what I need. b:surrender

Pretty much this. And I don't squad randoms much anymore anyway, but eh, PM me if we're both on sometime, I've been bored and looking for something to do lately. That is, if an level 80 nub would be of any intrest :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, I no longer squad with randoms. I've had too many bad experiences. I only squad with randoms if my husband comes along because he's more tolerable of fail than I am. Even if we world chat for randoms, nobody seems to want to bring both of us and only want his 5.0/Demon HF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I think the "don't squad randoms" for clerics goes across all servers. I stop playing my own cleric, but when I did, it was never in pick-up squads.
    re
  • Aranarwa - Heavens Tear
    Aranarwa - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Like the others have said already:

I do not squad with randoms anymore...way, too many bad experiences.
    In fact: an overlaod of bad experiences, made me to squad with guildies only.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder b:chuckle
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    sometimes randoms are more squishy than ib:cute but i only squad with faction now :3 cause they know what theyre doing and we laugh if we fail which rarely happens b:kiss
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Don't squad with random people. Only squad with friends/faction mates/people you know who are actually good.

Also, some of them made a sin and find them to be so fun they quit their clerics altogether XD.
  • Thrashbarg - Dreamweaver
    Thrashbarg - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Don't squad with random people. Only squad with friends/faction mates/people you know who are actually good.

Also, some of them made a sin and find them to be so profitable they quit their clerics altogether XD.

fixed it for ya b:chuckle

P.S. Think it's hard finding a cleric for FC? Wait till you need a good barb for Delta.......
    All the world's a game,
    And all the men and women merely gamers:
    They have their wipes and their rezzes;
    And one man in his time plays many alts.
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Ppl weren't exactly nice to clerics so clerics oneday just said "**** you guys, I'm rerolling"... Well at least I did about 1,5 years ago... Being a cleric is a realy underapreciated job and with stuff happening like "when something goes wrong blame the cleric" they just didn't feel like being one annymore... We used to have plenty of 'm (at least on HT) but these days we sometimes even have to bribe them... b:surrender

Yup, that's basically it. Two years ago I was full time helping cleric. Did everything for everyone. Now, I keep to myself on my cleric, help the faction sometimes, and don't ever do random squads.

Why?

Because with the dawn of the Rising Tide Expansion, and the introduction of hordes of immature children that don't have a freaking clue about how to play their class, much less how to work in a squad, it's not worth the headache. Player A is supposed to be tanking, Player B decides to show off how OP he is by taking aggro. Players C, and D like to blame the cleric or the tank for **** up when the squad gets wiped. Never mind that if it weren't for B, nothing would have gone wrong.

Other classes are able to support the squad as well, but all anyone thinks about is how much they can DD. And it's not just the new classes either. New classes aren't the issue, the influx of idiocy is.

EDIT: Also no one seems to realize how much it costs to maintain a barb or a cleric, so I don't play mine nearly as much because of that as well.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • phenixmoon
    phenixmoon Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Why you need a cleric for FC?...

And a barb for delta? o.o
  • OdessaWolf - Dreamweaver
    OdessaWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    phenixmoon wrote: »

Some people prefer them? I know i do. IJS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thrashbarg - Dreamweaver
    Thrashbarg - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2011

You don't, FC is easy.

About 2% of players have spent enough money on gear to complete Delta without a barb, and even those 2% are gonna want one there to buff.

Wait, why am I breaking my rule about answering stupid posts by no-face trolls? Geez, I need coffee....
    All the world's a game,
    And all the men and women merely gamers:
    They have their wipes and their rezzes;
    And one man in his time plays many alts.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Lol @ finding a barb for delta. I think you have better luck winning the lottery.

And, the DW clerics all quit and are trolling the forums... Not that I did that... um...

b:avoid
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Lanova - Dreamweaver
    Lanova - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Too many extremely rude and/or immature people. I don't mind building up a bunch of bh's if that means I have to wait for my faction to do them with. I would like to point out that none of the rudeness or people failing at their class started not even once until I started running fc in the 80's range.
  • Bolloseriul - Lost City
    Bolloseriul - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Same reason it's hard to find a good Barbarian. Nobody understands how costly and difficult they are to play compared to the other classes. Plus there's that tiny little detail about how 90% of randoms are idiots.b:bye
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I get tired of stupidity in random squads, basically. I usually haven't run with squads that are as fail as some people claim in FC, cuz it's an easy instance. And I go in expecting that there won't be a "main tank," and I've switched who I consider main tanks several times based off who is consistently maintain aggro. These days it's the sin/bm and not the barb. But I still get people who feel the need to boss me around, "you bubble here!" "Heal! Buff! and occasionally rez! the second they go down." It's annoying. You don't see me shouting "HF! Stun! DD! Tank! Shoot an arrow!" And to assume that I'm gonna suck and you need to tell me just cuz you've run with other bad random clerics? Also annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • phenixmoon
    phenixmoon Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Wait, why am I breaking my rule about answering stupid posts by no-face trolls? Geez, I need coffee....

Charmed Seeker with random average gear 95+ cheap with BP.. you don't need a barb.
  • lyonitus
    lyonitus Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Everybody wants Barbs and Clerics to drag them thru the low levels and keep them alive. Then when the high levels come along and those guys finally grow up they forget about the classes that got them there.

Non-APS barb looking for a nirvana squad? HAHAHAHAHA forget that. Same with Clerics, why does a squad of 5APS sins want to help out a cleric looking to score some coin or and Armor/Weapon upgrade.

Can't imagine why Barbs and Clerics don't want to help anyone else, can you?
  • Erakko - Raging Tide
    Erakko - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    As many said before we don't usually squad with randoms. Friendlist can give busy day anyway so why on earth cleric would do something with randoms.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You don't see me shouting "HF! Stun! DD! Tank! Shoot an arrow!"

That's a ****ing awesome idea. Ima steal it.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Charmed Seeker with random average gear 95+ cheap with BP.. you don't need a barb.

yeah... lets waste a spot in squad just so seeker can get bp. b:bye a barb is a much better choice for delta no matter how you put it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    As others have said, you couldn't pay me to join a random squad anymore. On the few occasions I dust off Ted and actually play him it's only to support myself or if friends are desperate for a cleric.

Rolled a BM who I enjoy playing and find much easier to use to earn coin anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • vlntbty00
    vlntbty00 Posts: 15
    edited July 2011
    I stopped playing mine because people are either: a.) rude, b.) suicidal, c.) RUDE.
    There's nothing more frustrating to me than playing my cleric with 5 people on squad ALL thinking they are tanks and run 100 miles an hour to a mob and then complain because I don't run at same said speed to catch up to them. So I said F this and stopped playing her.
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It is possible on your server that Clerics stopped playing or are taking a break although I am willing to sqd with randoms.Don't forget it is summer time so that may be a factor.
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't like to squad with people I don't know, on any of my characters. My two main reasons are:

1) People are rude. They seem to think because all they can see are characters; they forget that it's a real person playing that character and that they too have feelings. So they don't mind calling them names, blaming them for things that may or may not be their fault, giving them orders and acting like they are stupid. I have never 'met' so many rude people in my entire life as I have in playing this game for the past year. I would hope that they don't act like that in real life, but I have a feeling that they might.

And don't even get me started on the PKers. I made my characters on a non PvP server for a reason. And I don't know how it is on other servers; but some nights you can't even get through the Cube because of all the random people who just want to sit in there and PK people for no reason at all. I realize that you HAVE to kill people to get through certain rooms and I'm ok with that. And I realize there are some rooms where it's just enabled and you don't HAVE to kill anyone to get through them. And for people to sit in those rooms and randomly kill people who are minding their own business; just trying to get XP on their characters to me, is just rude, and wrong. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. So just rudeness in general has turned me off to playing with strangers.

And

2) Even if you DO help someone do something they need/want to do; they don't EVER seem to want to repay the favor and help you out. I guess that would of kind tie back into the rudeness factor. I also think it's selfishness; people only care about getting done what they 'need' done, who cares about anyone else?? As long as you're there to help them with what they need.

And that is why my Cleric (and all my other characters) quit doing random squads for the most part:)

LOL /Endofrantaboutrudepeople :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Jhuv - Sanctuary
    __Jhuv - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I stopped playing my cleric months ago. Now I only use it to help fac or do TT runs.. cause it's the only way i can make money these days.

I do squad with random people, kinda everytime. Im a patient person so i can stand fail squads without complaining too much. But the main reason i stopped playing my cleric is that i feel im not enough good. If a squad fails it's because of me too, i am the cleric and i'm supposed to support everyone.. even if they are jerks.. I really dont care about people's rudeness cause i know how good/bad i am and i dont need anyone to tell me anything.. Besides some helpfull tips. Anyway i think there are better clerics than me out there so i quite mine.

BUT! Nowadays.. i think im one of the best clerics BHAUHUAHUAUHAUHAHU so beg me to be with you.. U_U! ahah jk :)
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/jhuvsign.png[/SIGPIC]
    __Jhuv - Mystic
    __Hysper - Cleric
    __Hysen - Venomancer
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    But I still get people who feel the need to boss me around, "you bubble here!" "Heal! Buff! and occasionally rez! the second they go down." It's annoying. You don't see me shouting "HF! Stun! DD! Tank! Shoot an arrow!"

I do that all the time when i play cleric lol, i always assume the BM will stun to late or HF to early. I tell people to DD if they're slow and i tell people to buff def/hp/attack/BP if something is missing. I tell people to Ribstrike, bite, ST, Amp, Purge, Devour, Subsea to i'm probably annoying sometimes.

But if you're being nice and actually logging a cleric whatever run you're doing better be fast and effective and if not you should boss/order people around. Clerics usually have to do way more work than everyone else. Thats also why i find it kinda weird that so many clerics stay silent even tho their lives might depends on it. As a cleric you're the one that should be shouting at people!

@Topic: There is a lot of clerics around but no one wants to play them because its to much work and no profit. People rather log their Assassin or BM and complain about lack of clerics than play their own 9X-100+ cleric and help out.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I feel that majority of the clerics out there either just help out friends or guildies now. It's hard to find one in random squads because I'm pretty sure some clerics are just tired of having to deal with pick up squads that do not listen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute