Why is so hard to find a cleric this days? [Dreamweaver]

Comments

• Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Why is so hard to find a cleric this days?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1119321

lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I do that all the time when i play cleric lol, i always assume the BM will stun to late or HF to early. I tell people to DD if they're slow and i tell people to buff def/hp/attack/BP if something is missing. I tell people to Ribstrike, bite, ST, Amp, Purge, Devour, Subsea to i'm probably annoying sometimes.

But if you're being nice and actually logging a cleric whatever run you're doing better be fast and effective and if not you should boss/order people around. Clerics usually have to do way more work than everyone else. Thats also why i find it kinda weird that so many clerics stay silent even tho their lives might depends on it. As a cleric you're the one that should be shouting at people!

@Topic: There is a lot of clerics around but no one wants to play them because its to much work and no profit. People rather log their Assassin or BM and complain about lack of clerics than play their own 9X-100+ cleric and help out.

I've had times where I ported in and before I can even run up to the group, I get "Okay buff now!" -_-; I'll say something if someone is making a mistake, but people feel the need to assume I don't know what i'm doing beforehand. Then again, running around with my alt I've seen some of the new clerics. b:shocked I haven't run into one that spammed only chb yet but I have ran into one that only used blessings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Chalk it up to the barbs/bms/sins that don't understand heal aggro, and when the cleric TRIES to save their sorry *** when they pull big groups of mobs, the tank will BLAME the cleric for it. Why anyone would stand the harrassment clerics put up is beyond me. xD
    Too many stupid people out there, and more and more clerics only run with guilds/friends nowadays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Chalk it up to the barbs/bms/sins that don't understand heal aggro, and when the cleric TRIES to save their sorry *** when they pull big groups of mobs, the tank will BLAME the cleric for it. Why anyone would stand the harrassment clerics put up is beyond me. xD
    Too many stupid people out there, and more and more clerics only run with guilds/friends nowadays.

I just rerolled a BM and later a sin, getting each to the point where I don't need a Cleric for most instances. I thought it was a pretty good solution :o
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If it is as some of you claim, then this game is doomed and headed for life support. I know from my personal experience (anecdotal evidence warning) that it is starting to take more time to field a viable team for BH/FBs than it does to run them. This sucks plain and simple. A big part of fielding a viable team is landing a Barb and a Cleric.

I think levels 60-80 seems to be the cut off point of where Barbs and Clerics give up and quit or re-roll a class with less pressure.

I don't have much sympathy for them. It is the nature of the roles, they are key positions and there is considerable pressure there to perform. If they **** up it is not just their hides but usually includes the rest of the team. When other classes ****-up, it usually just means a trip to town for them only. So yes, its a tough position, but it comes with the territory. They are Prima Donna positions. You have to like being the center of attention and feel competent in your skills.

I keep hearing about the expenses for these guys, but hey, we all have repair bills. I have never heard a convincing factual basis for the claim that they are high cost maintenance professions. We all have to buy pots and gear and skills.

The only sympathy I have towards them is in the area of being taken for granted and getting virtually no positive feedback. While they do get fawned over a bit at the start of a run, by the end, they must get tired of being taken for granted big time.

You never hear call outs of thanks to the Barb or the Cleric at the end of random BH/FB runs. You only hear general 'thanks everyone'. This is ironic as the runs simply cannot happen without at least one of those classes present. Yes I have completed runs without both, and it was amazing, but those were rare instances, the exception to the rule. Usually runs that start without both fizzle out badly.

This all spells doom in the long run, as a lack of Barbs and Clerics at low levels makes the game for all intents and purposes dead on arrival for new players. Unable to complete their FBs and cultivation quests, they leave. The only ones to level up are the spoon fed friends and alts of end-gamers.

It is a fairly rapid death spiral and if not checked, PW will end up being a shrinking pool of cash-shoppers re-running various alts and an occasional friend thru the power-level paces through a mostly vacant world, alot like failed MMO Anarchy Online, but with better graphics.

I would be surprised if anyone can name a guild on Dreamweaver that regularly has 10 or more people online 24/7, is not infected with the rush to endgame virus, and is still willing to help with Culti Bosses, FBs, and BHs, and is looking for new members. PM me with the name of the guild, please.
    Just some guy
    edited July 2011
    If it is as some of you claim, then this game is doomed and headed for life support. I know from my personal experience (anecdotal evidence warning) that it is starting to take more time to field a viable team for BH/FBs than it does to run them. This sucks plain and simple. A big part of fielding a viable team is landing a Barb and a Cleric.

I think levels 60-80 seems to be the cut off point of where Barbs and Clerics give up and quit or re-roll a class with less pressure.

I don't have much sympathy for them. It is the nature of the roles, they are key positions and there is considerable pressure there to perform. If they **** up it is not just their hides but usually includes the rest of the team. When other classes ****-up, it usually just means a trip to town for them only. So yes, its a tough position, but it comes with the territory. They are Prima Donna positions. You have to like being the center of attention and feel competent in your skills.

I keep hearing about the expenses for these guys, but hey, we all have repair bills. I have never heard a convincing factual basis for the claim that they are high cost maintenance professions. We all have to buy pots and gear and skills.

The only sympathy I have towards them is in the area of being taken for granted and getting virtually no positive feedback. While they do get fawned over a bit at the start of a run, by the end, they must get tired of being taken for granted big time.

You never hear call outs of thanks to the Barb or the Cleric at the end of random BH/FB runs. You only hear general 'thanks everyone'. This is ironic as the runs simply cannot happen without at least one of those classes present. Yes I have completed runs without both, and it was amazing, but those were rare instances, the exception to the rule. Usually runs that start without both fizzle out badly.

This all spells doom in the long run, as a lack of Barbs and Clerics at low levels makes the game for all intents and purposes dead on arrival for new players. Unable to complete their FBs and cultivation quests, they leave. The only ones to level up are the spoon fed friends and alts of end-gamers.

It is a fairly rapid death spiral and if not checked, PW will end up being a shrinking pool of cash-shoppers re-running various alts and an occasional friend thru the power-level paces through a mostly vacant world, alot like failed MMO Anarchy Online, but with better graphics.

I would be surprised if anyone can name a guild on Dreamweaver that regularly has 10 or more people online 24/7, is not infected with the rush to endgame virus, and is still willing to help with Culti Bosses, FBs, and BHs, and is looking for new members. PM me with the name of the guild, please.

RedDragon is looking for members, isn't infected with the rush to power level, there is almost always 10 people onlie and are willing to help with culti bosses/fbs. With BHs, higher levels encourage lower levels to do it themselves but if you've been looking for a long time they usually won't leave you hanging and will help you. I remember one time a guildie had been waiting for like 30 minutes for a 51 squad and couldn't get one. So me and a bunch of other 80-90s and even a 100 barb did it for her, that was right around when the extra boss came out so we did that too for the lols. It was fun. I think facs are still the best part of this game, tbh.

And no, you don't have to be a prima donna to roll a cleric. And you know what? And yes, there is pressure to perform well. But think of it this way, if the cleric fails do you know what happens? They lose all of all of their exp, whereas you get a reduction on the exp you lose (should be a 90% reduction somewhere around the 60s-70s forget exact level) or don't lose any exp at all depending on the rez. SO if you stop looking at it as "well if I mess up only the cleric loses out," and weren't selfish you'd realize that it actually costs the squad a lot less (in terms of time and total exp loss from the squads **** ups) if the cleric lives even if you don't. IJS

As for being taken for granted, I don't care if the squad thanks me. As far as I'm concerned we're all equal members if you're doing your jobs correctly. I can't do my job if everyone else isnt' doing there job. I just want people to stop thinking they own the cleric and just let us do our jobs like most clerics let you do yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ill be honnest, before i started only running with faction. I became a cleric, because they have leverage.
    Step 1: you want buffs? i wanna hear manners when you ask me for some.
    Step 2: I will heal you if you've aggro'd everything.
    Step 3: When you die and blame me, its obviously your fault as you didn't do step 2.
    Step 4: Ask nicely for a res and i might consider it.
    Step 5: you got your res, but now you do things my way :3
    Step 6: Repeat step 1-5 till you got it rightb:cute

To survive being a cleric, you need to be cold-hearted, you need to be proud, you are basically the God of the game, you control life and death. You decide who lives and who dies. If you are blamed for death, dont provide a res, only to the ones that deserve it, thats how i use to roll before running with faction.
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    For example, all the FC squads take a looot of time finding a cleric (arround 20 mins or more), what is this for? Why ppl dont like clerics as avatar? Or they (clerics) prefer to do another runs like TT? or ... TT lol
    Because i have the goal of hitting lvl 85 only trough gamma.
    Only after that i will fc.

Those two sentences doomed my cleric to be lvl 80 forever.. XD
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
    edited July 2011
    To survive being a cleric, you need to be cold-hearted, you need to be proud, you are basically the God of the game, you control life and death. You decide who lives and who dies. If you are blamed for death, dont provide a res, only to the ones that deserve it, thats how i use to roll before running with faction.

b:shocked LOL what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Mitachi is right, agree with us or go to town.. :P
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
    edited July 2011
    Mitachi is right, agree with us or go to town.. :P

Rez buffs self. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver
    Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    For example, all the FC squads take a looot of time finding a cleric (arround 20 mins or more), what is this for? Why ppl dont like clerics as avatar? Or they (clerics) prefer to do another runs like TT? or ... TT lol

I remember my good friend who is a Cleric (DeadyElves) Going on an FC run with me, my boyfriend, his dad, and this total D-Bag who used to be a so called friend of mine, named (DarckTemplar!!) Well, poor (DeadyElves) was ripped a new one by (DarckTemplar) and treated like **** by him. So, he ended up leaving early! I see so many clerics being told they are "Fails" and treated poorly!

Because of this, I would never choose the responsability of being a Cleric.

Speaking of (DarckTemplar!) Do not trust this guy, he is a scammer, a user, and a total jerk to squad with. Do not cleric for this guy, clerics on Dreamweaver!! He is a real Piece of Work!! Be warned!! b:kiss
  • JeffProbst - Heavens Tear
    JeffProbst - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I remember my good friend who is a Cleric (DeadyElves) Going on an FC run with me, my boyfriend, his dad, and this total D-Bag who used to be a so called friend of mine, named (DarckTemplar!!) Well, poor (DeadyElves) was ripped a new one by (DarckTemplar) and treated like **** by him. So, he ended up leaving early! I see so many clerics being told they are "Fails" and treated poorly!

Because of this, I would never choose the responsability of being a Cleric.

Speaking of (DarckTemplar!) Do not trust this guy, he is a scammer, a user, and a total jerk to squad with. Do not cleric for this guy, clerics on Dreamweaver!! He is a real Piece of Work!! Be warned!! b:kiss

You should probably take out the names as that goes against the ToS or whatever and is considered naming and shaming and it would be a disappointment to see this thread closed because of that.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Eh... I wouldn't call Clerics the gods of the game, that title belongs to sins I'm afraid. Clerics do have a lot of leverage in most cases, especially before end game, but they're far from being gods. They can't solo most instances and are very squad dependent, most let their Cleric status go to their heads. Truth be told Clerics need the squad just as much as the squad needs them, a lot of them get arrogant though and believe they can do no wrong. It's rather annoying... Instead of people giving out **** reasons for why and when they'll perform their job everyone should just do their job the best they can.

When I played my Cleric I ran with all kinds of squads, and I performed my job as needed healing those that needed heals and buffing when buffs were needed. How the people in my squad acted determined how I acted, if they were being jerks I let their charms tick or just let them die and refused to revive them. There's all kinds of jerks out there, but eh.. I prefer the "work together until the person is a jerk then show them just how big of a mistake it was to cross you" approach. :P
  • NyaSama - Dreamweaver
    NyaSama - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You are basically the God of the game, you control life and death. You decide who lives and who dies. If you are blamed for death, dont provide a res, only to the ones that deserve it.

That's a true. (Cleric Power) b:cool
    edited July 2011
    Eh... I wouldn't call Clerics the gods of the game, that title belongs to sins I'm afraid. Clerics do have a lot of leverage in most cases, especially before end game, but they're far from being gods. They can't solo most instances and are very squad dependent, most let their Cleric status go to their heads. Truth be told Clerics need the squad just as much as the squad needs them, a lot of them get arrogant though and believe they can do no wrong. It's rather annoying... Instead of people giving out **** reasons for why and when they'll perform their job everyone should just do their job the best they can.

When I played my Cleric I ran with all kinds of squads, and I performed my job as needed healing those that needed heals and buffing when buffs were needed. How the people in my squad acted determined how I acted, if they were being jerks I let their charms tick or just let them die and refused to revive them. There's all kinds of jerks out there, but eh.. I prefer the "work together until the person is a jerk then show them just how big of a mistake it was to cross you" approach. :P

This. Also, the main tank is whoever maintains aggro. If that means a sin or bm, than so be it. Especially now that i'm sage and can spam my phys def buff on them to help them out a bit. As long as the person can stay alive enough for the boss to die and not cause a wipe, I really don't care. I just want people to do their jobs and let me do mine. Squad is much less stressful that way imho. And the reason people want one hour buffs? They hope to use those buffs for a bit after the squad run is over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Siumiki - Dreamweaver
    Siumiki - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i quiited cleric before becouse people were asking me to fly across the map to res them way to often. now i simply don't res people at all and finally enjoying playing this class.
    i need 30 mins to fly there, res and then fly back, they need 30 mins to fly around and farm enough mats to get 90k for guardian scroll. but ofcourse people prefer to bother clerics instead of themselves.

and to brazenbusboy:
    Seiryu is active guild what have players from lvl 1 to 101 who always helps guildies. at double drops it gets busier, but still can find help with everything they need. maybe don't have 10+ ppl online 24/7, but we do have high levels covering both time zones to help out guildies who needs help
  • Commissioner - Archosaur
    Commissioner - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't get much action as a cleric, that's why I rolled Archer.
  • QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear
    QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Speaking as a cleric who just got drained out of energy from a crazy FF and BH69, I can honestly say that it's because people show very little appreciation for clerics, which makes clerics not squad with randoms.

Overzealous people wanting to bulldoze through everything and I have to keep everyone healed fast enough. Wellspring - IH - wellspring - SoR, and if someone gets close to dying, they go:

F U FAIL CLERIC.

Naturally, I stopped squadding with randoms, especially random sins who refines only their weapon and wears armor from 30 levels ago.

I got to admit, not all randoms are bad. Some are pretty awesome and I do thank them for a good run, but most of the time, I get into a horrible run and I start avoiding random squads for days after that, before I try again.

I can't imagine rerolling. I'm good at being a cleric, I love being a cleric, so I'll stick to it and get it to 100, hopefully.... I'm doubting that I can get it to 100 but that's a separate thread.
    "Beware of the Queen, she'll nuke our heads off if we don't listen to her. b:surrender" - Devereaux

QueenOfNukes was created on 16th June 2011.
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129711

This thread suggests there are a lot of clerics.

I think the reason is because of their mistreatment when in squads, getting yelled at for things that aren't their fault.

Suffering when they get killed because of bad squads and having to carry gs and scrolls if they die and getting nothing while others get free lvl11 res.

tbh its a miracle anyone plays a cleric at all.

They are the most important class and they are usually treated like the least important. Especially with barbs who act like they are "pw's gift to players, a squad is fail without them, and clerics are their slave ****.".
    edited July 2011
    Speaking as a cleric who just got drained out of energy from a crazy FF and BH69, I can honestly say that it's because people show very little appreciation for clerics, which makes clerics not squad with randoms.

Overzealous people wanting to bulldoze through everything and I have to keep everyone healed fast enough. Wellspring - IH - wellspring - SoR, and if someone gets close to dying, they go:

F U FAIL CLERIC.

Naturally, I stopped squadding with randoms, especially random sins who refines only their weapon and wears armor from 30 levels ago.

I got to admit, not all randoms are bad. Some are pretty awesome and I do thank them for a good run, but most of the time, I get into a horrible run and I start avoiding random squads for days after that, before I try again.

I can't imagine rerolling. I'm good at being a cleric, I love being a cleric, so I'll stick to it and get it to 100, hopefully.... I'm doubting that I can get it to 100 but that's a separate thread.

Try to keep an IH stack on em so you don't have cast wellspring as much. Also in 69, you can bb at pyro and relax a bit, i find that it helps a bit with stressful runs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    That's a true. (Cleric Power) b:cool

No, it is not true.

Like fake life in Perfect World.

Now my Wizard, for example, has 74% of exp.

He can lose all 74% if he will die 74 times.

I never asked any Cleric to res my character of any class.

And if Cleric in squad could not heal my character because he decided so - that is his right, like mine is to left Cleric to die.
    In most cases Clerics have **** gear, as I know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissEva - Dreamweaver
    MissEva - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    A. Magic Charm ticks at 75% I hated that sooooo much. I was spending all my in game coin to buy charms and I dont spend much on this game anymore cause its become play to win and I dont have that kind of cash.

B. I rerolled a Veno and was instantly in love with having my own tank. It was just like the same class only I had a barb with me! OMG!

C. Again, being poor sucked. Venos FTW...until Sins came out of course.

I MIGHT end up playing my cleric again at somepoint but probably not until my veno hits 105 and has all her gears.

Mostly I hated playing the class. I just couldnt seem to afford much. I guess it might be better with FC but counting Hypers at 85-100k per and needing BB so often plus repairs, its a rich mans class even now.
  • csquaredzero
    csquaredzero Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I have my own clerics? Two of em, sage and demon... why would I ever look for a different cleric? ;o
  • arcainium
    arcainium Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Can't a mystic do a solid gruop healing job?
  • arcainium
    arcainium Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129711

This thread suggests there are a lot of clerics.

I think the reason is because of their mistreatment when in squads, getting yelled at for things that aren't their fault.

Suffering when they get killed because of bad squads and having to carry gs and scrolls if they die and getting nothing while others get free lvl11 res.

tbh its a miracle anyone plays a cleric at all.

They are the most important class and they are usually treated like the least important. Especially with barbs who act like they are "pw's gift to players, a squad is fail without them, and clerics are their slave ****.".

There is an old saying in all the games I played a healer in... Tank dies, Healers fault... Healer dies, tanks fault... Dps dies, there OWN damm fault.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    arcainium wrote: »
    Can't a mystic do a solid gruop healing job?

Mystic can heal, and I had been in squad with mystic(s).

Cleric has buffs that has not mystic.

This is only difference.

Even with one mystic is possible to tank Zimo, for example at my level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    No cleric? because everyone blames cleric when things goes wrong. Yesterday my fc was cancenled why? because a sin keep yelling at cleric. Yes i know she didnt purfity but we are human, we all mistakes, we didn t die, and she was lagging. I dont blame her leaving i would too.

That is one of the reasons i wont make a cleric for instances, because the pressure and all that.

Funny its always the bms or sins and yeah and barbs that have a go at cleric. Usually its the other dds that are nice and hardly crisit them. But i have seen a mystic do it, so i guess that is inrelivate.

So i am not suprised there are less clerics, in fact those reasons are stopping me ever thinking of being one. If its for my guild i would do for them or friends because they wil encourage me. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Mystic can heal, and I had been in squad with mystic(s).

Cleric have buffs that has not mystic.

This is only difference.

Even with one mystic is possible to tank Zimo, for example at my level.

It's possible to do a full FC with only a mystic healing too
    But yea only difference is Clerics have buffs
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The rate this is going people will either have to stop critising clerics and either reroll or let the mystics do the healing or give respect. Sadly not going to happen, but i suppose to you buy to level 100 and aps i guess you are fine i guess.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]