Vs High Level Seekers

Comments

• _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    StuffQUOTE]

So you've gone from the standard tinny e-peen arguement of "PVP SERVER!" to "Omg's kill count!"

Oh no, my post count is high! Almost all of my kills are on rank9 or g 15/+11-12 rank 8 toons, because sanctuary is the server of CS. My bm had +5 average refines for most of the 2 months i bothered going into pk on it.

w/o stealth theres a 30 second window in a sins tidal, and when you consider geni antistuns (AD/Fortify should be the absolute minimum) i dont see why you would kite unless they immune, you dont have OI so may as well just 51% hp PD glitch Subsea BR. In any extended fight your pretty well screwed w/o the stealth cooldown time.

As for why i dont consider seekers to be legitimate threats at low refines? They dont hit hard enough, and they're entirely reliant on gear for survivability. This means all geni spots on a good seeker would be taken by antistuns/reductions skills/heals/movement buffs. So spark is almost required to kill 1v1 on an equaly refined target. Combine this with long control skill colldowns and you have a class that 100% needs CS gear to pvp, and by pvp i mean faceroll.

Race ethic/religious group/sexual preferance throw w/e one offends you most in there.

The reason I kite is BECAUSE THEY IMMUNE. I can't believe you just recommended crit glitch > subsea > bramble rage... while also mentioning that sins are screwed in drawn out 1v1s because they're unable to spam stealth. Beforehand I thought maybe you were just an ******* cash shopper that had an idea how to pvp , but now I can tell you're just mentally ****.

Finally, I never said seekers were good with bad gear / low refines. ALL endgame classes suck unless they're stacked in event gear. Of course you wouldn't consider a +3 seeker to be a threat, I wouldn't consider ANY +3 char to be a threat to you in pvp.

I can't tell if you're trolling me, or if you've just charged so much zen that you don't understand the mechanics of the game anymore because most of your arguments are either nonsensical or just outright wrong...

Done with this thread b:bye
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2011

The reason I kite is BECAUSE THEY IMMUNE. I can't believe you just recommended crit glitch > subsea > bramble rage...On a sin without OI? duh while also mentioning that sins are screwed in drawn out 1v1s because they're unable to spam stealth. If they're like you and chose not to yes, ffs we're working off your own semi tarded tactic here Beforehand I thought maybe you were just an ******* cash shopper that had an idea how to pvp , but now I can tell you're just mentally ****. You really havent been in these forums long have you

Finally, I never said seekers were good with bad gear / low refines. +5 is bad gear, you said you had a hard time killign +5 seekers with rank 8 thats low end ALL endgame classes suck unless they're stacked in event gear. Bm's, archers, nix venos, sins, wizzies, clerics. All of these classes can defensivly skill to comp for gear and can kill eaaily, barbs, psys, and seekers are heavily refine and gear dependant. Mystics i cant vouch for. Of course you wouldn't consider a +3 seeker to be a threat, I wouldn't consider ANY +3 char to be a threat to you in pvp. +3 rank 8 sin spamming stealth and apocs (shudder) can pick off just about every arcane w/o heavily refined orns in a pk spot 1 by 1 w/o much trouble.

I can't tell if you're trolling me, or if you've just charged so much zen that you don't understand the mechanics of the game anymore because most of your arguments are either nonsensical or just outright wrong...

My arguements are based off your situation of +3 sin with a dex BR geni vs a +5 rank 8 seeker without considering stealth. Argueing based on viable tactics in that specific situation.

Done with this thread b:bye

Your about 12 kinds of special aint ya?

Replys in red nubbles
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    lol this thread makes me lul. It's kind of pointless to say this skill> that skill>the other skill = dead. There's countless possibilities either class could do to make me think there's a magic combo of skills that ends in victory every time. my seekers only 96 and his gear is kinda crappy. but from what ive learned from messin around on Pk fields Id say BMs and one of the easiest classes to kill. Clerics can be hard if you can 1 shot em, sins ONLY have a chance if they have the DPS to back it up and even then theres deffinatly ways to counter em. I'd have to say the hardest class to take down as a seeker is a wiz, they have good def on both sides of the fence and hit your HA hard.
  • madrith
    madrith Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    <-- is posting to say how much fun i had reading this forum pages 1-10 and the giant argument between perses and yan was hilarious! BTW gf perses XD.

PLEASE CONTINUE THESE KINDS OF FORUMS I <3 READING THEM!!!

it helps me notice more weaknesses of some classes I didn't know before. Thanks PW Forum and all who inhabit it :) Peace, Love, Madrith
  • _xFORSAKENx_ - Sanctuary
    _xFORSAKENx_ - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    madrith wrote: »
    <-- is posting to say how much fun i had reading this forum pages 1-10 and the giant argument between perses and yan was hilarious! BTW gf perses XD.

PLEASE CONTINUE THESE KINDS OF FORUMS I <3 READING THEM!!!

it helps me notice more weaknesses of some classes I didn't know before. Thanks PW Forum and all who inhabit it :) Peace, Love, Madrith

Lol, same b:chuckle
    id rather read through threads like these before i start PKing (havent been playing for very long) so that ill actually have an idea of what im doing instead of making a fool of myself by using random attacks, thanks guys b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Dorset for the sig b:victory
  • AncientK - Raging Tide
    AncientK - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    it really is about player skillz cus i killed over 10 seekers lvl 90+ n atm i had gold 70 axe, n crappy 77 mold gears. just kept'em in 12 sec stun locks, they didn't get a hit on me. but just the other day i saw a seeker with TT90 gears kill r8 with barrier thorn 5 aps sins in pk, then he put on vortex, dropped couple of magee n arch. they didn't have a chance. so i fought him.. killed me in 2 hitsb:cry, n dat time i had TT90 gold axe, still the same armor tho.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    it really is about player skillz cus i killed over 10 seekers lvl 90+ n atm i had gold 70 axe, n crappy 77 mold gears. just kept'em in 12 sec stun locks, they didn't get a hit on me. but just the other day i saw a seeker with TT90 gears kill r8 with barrier thorn 5 aps sins in pk, then he put on vortex, dropped couple of magee n arch. they didn't have a chance. so i fought him.. killed me in 2 hitsb:cry, n dat time i had TT90 gold axe, still the same armor tho.

not everything is about skills, its about numbers as well. if u have good gear you dont need skills.
  • Mordvin - Harshlands
    Mordvin - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I must say, I was rooting for Perses, but when I saw how he/she got served...I lol'd

Also I agree with Madrith and Forsaken...good read for some info hehe (haven't been playing too long either)
  • digitalpulse
    digitalpulse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    yeah theyre kinda hard to kill. QQ
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    How are they hard to kill? You never killed a Marrowless BM before Jone's blessing?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    How are they hard to kill? You never killed a Marrowless BM before Jone's blessing?

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • digitalpulse
    digitalpulse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Jone's blessing? What's that? b:surrenderb:surrender
  • yan00
    yan00 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I must say, I was rooting for Perses, but when I saw how he/she got served...I lol'd

Also I agree with Madrith and Forsaken...good read for some info hehe (haven't been playing too long either)

just wanted to revive this a bit since _Perses_ decided to give me another fight and failed gank, now she has nirvanna + 10 or wotever claws. 200 damage a hit ....max.

bm's like _Perses_ think they are so good and look down upon others deserved to get rolled over again and again. until they roll into a new character, maybe sin :P
  • goldjunkie
    goldjunkie Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    only a couple things, genie can totaly **** up and suprise a sin, absolute domain/expel/faith. itl **** them off esepcialy, u can easily use heartseeker, then blur, gemini slash, so if they shadow escape, they will not b able to move and blur has 100% chance to catch them. then the gemini slash will 1shot them alone even if blur wasnt in affect. i find w8ing till they stun me then using faith and crab meat is affective, so as they take my hp i gain much more. then heartseeker and go from there (sins are only op if ur totaly blind to how useful genies are)
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    yan00 wrote: »
    just wanted to revive this a bit since _Perses_ decided to give me another fight and failed gank, now she has nirvanna + 10 or wotever claws. 200 damage a hit ....max.

bm's like _Perses_ think they are so good and look down upon others deserved to get rolled over again and again. until they roll into a new character, maybe sin :P

Hum....you know I never even bothered to look at this topic after our fight, not because of shame or anything but because of the harassment....but meh.

time to correct you.

Damage Log:

YanX takes 534 damage
    YanX takes 723 damage
    etc.
    etc.

And gank you dude....wtf? Are you so f-in stupid now that you try to blame everything on my bm? Dear god.

Weapon Used: Nirvana - Windpour +7

You ganked me every single time I came outta safe zone (went after you a total of 3 times). Each time it was with some r8/r9/NV 1st/2nd cast sin. So please dude, if your gonna try and trash talk me at least get your ****ing facts straight.

Peace~
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yan00
    edited August 2011
    Hum....you know I never even bothered to look at this topic after our fight, not because of shame or anything but because of the harassment....but meh.

time to correct you.

Damage Log:

YanX takes 534 damage
    YanX takes 723 damage
    etc.
    etc.

And gank you dude....wtf? Are you so f-in stupid now that you try to blame everything on my bm? Dear god.

Weapon Used: Nirvana - Windpour +7

You ganked me every single time I came outta safe zone (went after you a total of 3 times). Each time it was with some r8/r9/NV 1st/2nd cast sin. So please dude, if your gonna try and trash talk me at least get your ****ing facts straight.

Peace~

video please or pictures of this gank o.o. put more pictures like i did to make this colourful. and believable o.o
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    FFS, why can't there be a "good" Seeker on HL? The last R8 Seeker I came across was hitting me for 400-600 dmg. I was lmao.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    FFS, why can't there be a "good" Seeker on HL? The last R8 Seeker I came across was hitting me for 400-600 dmg. I was lmao.

Ew, go away fish you aren't welcome.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited August 2011
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    yan00 wrote: »
    video please or pictures of this gank o.o. put more pictures like i did to make this colourful. and believable o.o

Sure let me rewind time in my time machine and go back and press the Print Screen button for those sins.....

But meh, if you wanna re-duel like you said in TW thread.....North Gate. Just PM me when you are on....Though lately idk if i'll even be on. ~_~....Been kinda quitting the game...so tired of the bull**** this game is shoving down my throat it's...yeah <_<
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I just dropped 2 R8 Seekers at once, one +10, other +7. WTB better Seekers =(.
  • yan00
    edited August 2011

whats ur gear like? the r8 seeker must have a 0 refined weapon and doin normal auto hits to u
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Where everyone dream of 1 hit seeker b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • yan00
    edited August 2011
    I just dropped 2 R8 Seekers at once, one +10, other +7. WTB better Seekers =(.

make a character in lost city then u will see some ;)
  • Maiyr - Lost City
    Maiyr - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    How abt you guys just duel each other in vendor eq? That will be a more accurate representation of player skill i bet.
  • Sesshomaru - Lothranis
    Sesshomaru - Lothranis Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    No doubt sins can take out seeker, but seeker can easily do the same with help of genie. Voidstep -> blade affinity -> ion spike, gemini. oh still alive for some reason? reset voidstep with lv100 skill and then voidstep -> the 2 aoes. Oh still alive ?! occult ice and continue with battousai, aimer etc. With equal gear i dont see how u will not die to this combo.

And btw aps is good, but even a good wiz with charm and AD can escape. Sins are OP, but so squishy, a few blows will finish them, which explains why in group pvp, tw, they do not do well.

(of course we are talking equal geared, so do not compare 5aps sins with only r8, if u look at cost, obviously the other classes have to be sharded better and refined better seeing all the cost that goes into 5aps)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    And btw aps is good, but even a good wiz with charm and AD can escape. Sins are OP, but so squishy, a few blows will finish them, which explains why in group pvp, tw, they do not do well. )

I was trying to take your post seriously and then you went and said this.... *sigh*
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    No doubt sins can take out seeker, but seeker can easily do the same with help of genie. Voidstep -> blade affinity -> ion spike, gemini. oh still alive for some reason? reset voidstep with lv100 skill and then voidstep -> the 2 aoes. Oh still alive ?! occult ice and continue with battousai, aimer etc. With equal gear i dont see how u will not die to this combo.

And btw aps is good, but even a good wiz with charm and AD can escape. Sins are OP, but so squishy, a few blows will finish them, which explains why in group pvp, tw, they do not do well.

(of course we are talking equal geared, so do not compare 5aps sins with only r8, if u look at cost, obviously the other classes have to be sharded better and refined better seeing all the cost that goes into 5aps)

You seems to be forgetting your Voidstep will miss the stun half of the time and you don't get to start a fight with it against Sin.

It's more like

Stunned from stealth by Sin > trying to get free to even start the combo>...

You don't see how Sin not die by that combo? Maybe because they are not AFK and will AD>foce stealth>stun?
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Okeano, the reason why you can't find any Seekers on HL who are a challenge for your BM is because there are nearly no Seekers on our server that are "well-geared." And by this I mean near full Nirvana. For some reason all of the Seekers on our server seem to be obsessed with R8, even though it's terrible in terms of damage output compared to Nirv dual blades (although Nirv is a lot more costly), unless you're going for APS, which is a bit laughable anyway. But I guarantee you that if there were a Seeker who knew what he was doing and had gear equivalent to your BM's, the fight would not be nearly as easy as you it seems you think it would be. Put on a TT90 set and some Deicides with mediocre refines and fight me. Or find me a TT90 BM around my level that you think would suffice, if you'd rather.
    Regardless, Seeker vs BM is not a "fair" fight by any circumstances. BMs try to stun lock and APS to death, Seekers kite and spam heartseeker to immobilize and attempt to keep up edged blur when their genie is in cooldown to discourage close range. Edged blur hits through stuns and silences, so it doesn't make a difference; at that point you either keep your distance and allow me to spam more ranged attacks or you take a lot of metal damage anyway. And don't tell me that edged blur doesn't do enough damage; I'm not a full strength Seeker but I can kill an uncharmed 16k HP Barb in less than the twelve seconds it takes for edged to finish if they don't run from my triple sparked edged blur.
    And looking back at prior posts from this topic, a lot of you overestimate a Sin's damage. Sure, an R9 Sin may be able to get through 20k HP relatively quickly, but the average R8 Sin can't. I can kill R8 Sins who have +3-4 refines on armor and +6 or less on their R8/Nirvana second cast dagger. This is with only my buffs. When I'm fully buffed (cleric, BM, Barb) I usually don't get killed by Sins unless they're +10 with crazy APS or someone attacks me while near everything is in cooldown.
    And for those Sins who are +10 R8/Nirv, they're normally hitting me for 1k or near it, and I only have 7.3k physical defense and fifty defense levels with O'Malley's. If you want to see a glimpse of what your damage will be like when people start putting a lot of money into/being smarter with their Seeker's gear, go and test your demon spark APS damage on Subterranean (for those of you on HL). Although he only has the R8 sword, the rest of his gear is pretty good.
    Also, the reason YanX talked so highly of our 25 meter 8 second immobilize skill, it's because it's one of a Seeker's most important skills in PvP when it comes to kiting APS classes, or even just being steady at keeping your distance when you need to. And for Sins it's a lifesaver. Lol, it's always funny to heartseeker and immobilize a Sin, Arme Nier for quite a bit of physical damage, then watch them stealth before you run to the spot where they were immobilized and used edged blur. Now they're forced out of stealth and probably have very little HP left, and if they try to APS you to death they'll die from edged, whereas if they try to run you can just lock gemini on them and hope it doesn't miss/hit for 1, in which case the whole process starts over again as they stealth and prepare to attack you again.
    Edit: I don't fight BMs THAT much, but literally nearly fight Sins all day, and if you're smart with your skills as a Seeker and/or know how to play your class, they aren't difficult. I can only imagine how easy R8 Sins will be once I have my Nirv set. :<
    Second Edit: @Divine/Okeano, If you want to buy better Seekers, please donate to me. 8D I'd love some help getting money for Nirvana; it's not easy to CS/farm a lot when you're fifteen and can't get a job yet.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Well my BM isn't amazingly geared by any means. I have 10k hp with TW gears and like 8.5k with interval gears. I found one Seeker that was at least entertaining to fight and wasn't just a pushover, and it happened to be Subterranean. He was able to kill me a couple of times, one with an Ion Spike crit for 5k and other was just auto attacked through my magic marrow after my bell was off when I was too focused on getting 2 sparks back to do DBB (damn CC nerf). He had Barb buffs so I couldn't get through his charm with plain auto attack so I had to resort to work DBB into stunlock. I saw his weapon was R8+7 or something but didn't really see what refine he had on armor. I haven't seen him around lately and would like to fight him more.