Best of each.

Comments

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    or those who aren't part of any clicks

wtf is a click?? That thing you do with a mouse? Me no understand!!! b:cry

1. A brief, sharp sound: the click of a door latch.
    2. A mechanical device, such as a pawl, that snaps into position.
    3. Computer Science An instance of pressing down and releasing a button on a pointing device, such as a mouse.
    4. Linguistics Any of various implosive stops, such as that of English tsk, produced by raising the back of the tongue to make contact with the palate and simultaneously closing the lips or touching the teeth or alveolar ridge with the tip and sides of the tongue, and found as phonemic consonants especially in the Khoisan and some Bantu languages. Also called suction stop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    clique
    b:bye
  • Scarlet - Harshlands
    Scarlet - Harshlands Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Meant to type click with quotations, but it was only a reference to...
    ...from the bigger guilds or the same clicks --

:)
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I am now bumping this topic because I can, for no apparent reason.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Pretty much what Scarlet said is true threads like this generally define not just what people consider good players but also simply well known players, people who's names actually are recognisable to the majority of the server, frequently regardless of the amount of time played.

People like Rome who was always one of the top tier bms with average gear, even when we were 9x I still had better armor just worse axes. If you asked a sample of around 100 harshlands players picked randomly you would find a very large portion would know of him. This is what causes people to be named in threads like this, simply put if no one knows who you are how could you possibly be the best of your class?

Its why people on lists like this are from bigger guilds as they are more active in all aspects of the game (or equally have been more active in all aspects of the game previously and earned the recognition they have been shown)
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    Yui_ - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I am now bumping this topic because I can, for no apparent reason.

Completely unrelated question for you!

Would you recommend the Nirvana daggers at 100 for a sin or could I get away with just the r8?
    Is it a huge difference without the Nirvana -Int?

I just started a sin the other day and was wondering.

Thx Woneo!
    YuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYui
  • jamesford
    jamesford Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Me I am the best. lol jk
  • Scarlet - Harshlands
    Scarlet - Harshlands Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    No I think they feel good enough. I think alot of them simply choose to stay in smaller guilds. Omerta used to be a smaller guild and they grew and grew, but the people there are not 'famous' - but do help out alot.

It's pretty established that in this server, no good deed goes unpunished. Saying so, I guess there won't be a need for us to think of some of them maybe.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Completely unrelated question for you!

Would you recommend the Nirvana daggers at 100 for a sin or could I get away with just the r8?
    Is it a huge difference without the Nirvana -Int?

I just started a sin the other day and was wondering.

Thx Woneo!

r8 daggers have much much more dph then nirvana, so I guess you could use the r8 daggers. Your skills will hit much harder, and with the locks that sins are capeable of is enough to kill someone
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011

People like Rome who was always one of the top tier bms with average gear, even when we were 9x I still had better armor just worse axes. If you asked a sample of around 100 harshlands players picked randomly you would find a very large portion would know of him. This is what causes people to be named in threads like this, simply put if no one knows who you are how could you possibly be the best of your class?

I absolutely love PKing back-to-back with Rome's BM. He knows exactly what needs to be done without a word needing to be spoken. The moment I'm in trouble, he recognizes it, runs to my opponent and stuns, and I hope I do the same for him. It's as if he's playing both my character and his own; it's incredibly rare to find a teammate that's THAT aware of the status of their teammates. And all of that with "meh" quality gear.
    While I'm at it, Nurfed is also pretty damn fun to fight alongside. During the last week of Zulu there was a day where we had three people online and sent one person to each war at the start. Later, as more people showed, Nurfed came to the one I was defending and he and I back-to-back supported each other as we pulled two catas down the lane at the speed of a snail. Again, every time I had trouble, he used his silence spell. Every time he had trouble, I stunned. I think I even expel-purified him some so we could both give all the sins the finger, lulz. But this is a guy in r9 gear, and that gear obviously played a role in his endurance, but the tell-tale sign that this dude knows what he's doing is how well he was able to play the game of teamwork.

If you're gonna question the frequency of someone's name being mentioned, FFS start calling out the names of sins. To be honest, recently I fought ONE sin that knows what he's doing, and the trick he used was so obvious and yet SO rarely used that when I saw it I was like "oh right, sins can be good." After seeing him, it pretty much puts every other sin on the server to shame. No exaggeration. Or hey, call out someone that no one's ever seen in anything but the best-quality gear. Yknow, those guys that "quit" and then buy r9 +12 the moment they rejoin?

Ok, maybe it's frustrating that the same names get mentioned over and over, and yes, there are idiots who'll bandwagon and mention Nurfed and Rome without actually knowing WHY Nurfed and Rome get recognition, but there IS a reason they get mentioned in the first place. If someone doesn't like it, they should go out and make a name for themselves. All it takes is some active PKing...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    r8 daggers have much much more dph then nirvana, so I guess you could use the r8 daggers. Your skills will hit much harder, and with the locks that sins are capeable of is enough to kill someone

Woneo you're such a horribad sin.

The correct answer to that post was "OCCULT ICE + 5 APS HURRRRDURRRRRRRRRRRR"
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Sorry bro.
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Eragon buy me rank8 please?
  • Curses - Harshlands
    Curses - Harshlands Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    While I'm at it, Nurfed is also pretty damn fun to fight alongside. During the last week of Zulu there was a day where we had three people online and sent one person to each war at the start. Later, as more people showed, Nurfed came to the one I was defending and he and I back-to-back supported each other as we pulled two catas down the lane at the speed of a snail. Again, every time I had trouble, he used his silence spell. Every time he had trouble, I stunned. I think I even expel-purified him some so we could both give all the sins the finger, lulz. But this is a guy in r9 gear, and that gear obviously played a role in his endurance, but the tell-tale sign that this dude knows what he's doing is how well he was able to play the game of teamwork.

Is this how u imagine getting laid feels like?
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Is this how u imagine getting laid feels like?

Being laid is like a bucket of KFC, cept with more thighs and **** in the bucket and less drumsticks and wings.

And if she's latino, then it's the extra spicy flavor.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Being laid is like a bucket of KFC, cept with more thighs and **** in the bucket and less drumsticks and wings.

And if she's latino, then it's the extra spicy flavor.

Less drumstick? The fu.ck is wrong with you?
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Less drumstick? The fu.ck is wrong with you?

I agree. That's the downside.

Hence why I'd rather just go buy KFC.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Curso - Harshlands
    Curso - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2011

i was hoping i wouldnt have to hear this ever again after u left catalyst, afterall u only talk about this like 20 times per week.

unfortunate i was wrong and ive seen u talk about it at least a dozen time in kylin GC to, and maybe a hand full of times in the forums.

u really need to go out more, maybe for a change u can tell that other story u spam about what the GM told u after he gave your stuff back, have only heard that story like 30 times.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    i was hoping i wouldnt have to hear this ever again after u left catalyst, afterall u only talk about this like 20 times per week.

unfortunate i was wrong and ive seen u talk about it at least a dozen time in kylin GC to, and maybe a hand full of times in the forums.

u really need to go out more, maybe for a change u can tell that other story u spam about what the GM told u after he gave your stuff back, have only heard that story like 30 times.

You're right Curso. I should shutup with my stories and let you tell some instead, because we all know how thrilled everyone gets when you start talking on vent.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • baffler
    baffler Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    *sloth voice, activate*

Heeey yooouuu guuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyys!
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    K so think off this as not coming out of my mouth but from my experiences of over 2 years on HL server.

Wizard- Nurfed/Xulin. Why? Nurfed because in QQme he could kill multiple targets w/o much effort even tho most where lower level you get 2 zerk axes on you back in the day your in some trouble. XuLin god xu would kite you till you get bored and say "k im done kill me now" he was rocking some 8x npc gear till 9x and was still a hard kill.

Archers- Stayne/Ligeia/Skreamz/Blizey/hellsarcher/Zinova/IcyAnt- k so where do i begin with this. Stayne- great pker knows what he was doing/ Ligeia- god in QQme such a **** but hey guy knows what hes doing even current days xD/ Skreamz- old pker which most likely only old players would know. Great archer knows what he was doing. Blizey- nothing bad to say bout bliz knows his class and can survive did pvp vs him when he came back for some time still knows what hes doing/hellsarcher-done pvp vs almost everyone could tank multiple targets and kill, still playing just out dated gear/ Zinova- great archer knows his class from head to toe and just a fun guy/ IcyAnt- old school pvp with him at bflies was great used to start pk wars lol.

BM- MDT/ROME- MDT first bm to actually fully function fists before aps wasn't that easy to get. Great pvp bm/Rome- Great pvp bm/tw bm/ nice guy and could tank multiple people and get some kills in.

Cleric-Ultimate/TryAgain/Healplox- Ult overall great pker and could expect him to help out when needed in pvp and survive/ TryAgain- im gonna get some from ky for this lol. But try knows how to survive better than most eps ive faced before and is also a great tw ep and great at pve as well/ Healplox- Used to attack him all the time for fun untill i got to know the guy :P. Great pker could rely on him to get things done and a overall helpful person.

Venomancer- AngeRR/Ecuadan/Cristall- AngeRR- one of the best venos in the old days. Could rely on him to change the course of pvp. When he came back for some time I got a chance to 1 on 1 him. Still knows what hes doing but gear was outdated./ Ecuadan great pker/pver had good gear then and good gear now/Cristall- not really well known back in QQme, but got to know her from later factions, great overall veno with good overall knowledge of skills of her class and builds. Could expect her to give you a hard time in pvp and in game chat xD.

Barbs-Thorin/Wolifo- Thorin was a hard guy to kill "mag barb" overall nice guy good at pvp/tw/pve. Wolifo-nice guy, hard as hell to kill knows his class better than most barbs i know.

to tired to write the rest lol will finish it later but so far thats what I think.
    Also to those saying ppl like Curso/Cucu/Wytche/Banz think about it when they became hard to kill and when they started pking.

Thanks for your time guys b:victoryb:thanks
  • Closat - Heavens Tear
    Closat - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Curso has been pking since he had +3 TT90 weapon lol, dont know what u talking about, banz been pking for a long time to but hes always had OP gears. Curso had a 1,6 k/d when he got on the rankings. now hes almost 4 k/d.
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Curso has been pking since he had +3 TT90 weapon lol, dont know what u talking about, banz been pking for a long time to but hes always had OP gears. Curso had a 1,6 k/d when he got on the rankings. now hes almost 4 k/d.

Is it just me or does memorizing someones k/d ratio make you look like a creepy stalker?

Do you have a picture of Curso as a wallpaper on your desktop? I bet you do.
  • Minelava - Harshlands
    Minelava - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Is it just me or does memorizing someones k/d ratio make you look like a creepy stalker?

Do you have a picture of Curso as a wallpaper on your desktop? I bet you do.

I know where you sleep at night. b:dirty
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Banz only started pking after r8 at level 100 back when r8 was hard to get. 4 k/d also shouldn't be hard if your overall kill count is low and you get a 1 hit weapon to increase k/d.
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    EDIT: WTB 1v1 between Ligeia and Curses b:dirty
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Well Banz has been pk'ing before he get R8 gears, it's only that there's so many good archers on the server that you need to be exceptional to get any recognition.

If you look at most of the best pvp'ers, through most of the time they had better gear or lvl's than anyone else, combine that with good knowledge/skill at the game and you get a nasty/scary PK'er. It's just that back then, TT90 was considered uber l33t gear instead of Nirvana/R9 today.

For example, AngeRR was always higher lvl than anyone else back when lvl's and demon/sage cult mattered a lot, same for Ultimate, and they both had TT90 when most of the server was still trying to farm their TT70's.

Banz was pk'ing when he had just a TT80, but at that time +10 lunar/Nirvana was the standard, so he was basically a nobody until he got his R8 and people actually started noticing. So you need both Good skill and better than average gears to actually be noticed as a good pk'er.

If I were to name 2 people on the server who would be good no matter what gears/lvls they had, I'd probably say Rome and Ascii. They've never had particularly better gear/ lvls than anyone else, yet still managed to make a name for themselves (even though yes Ascii had some OP lunars at one point).

Besides those two, I guess I could give honorable mentions to people like Ligeia, Aeneas, XHeart, Nurfed, Blizey, AngeRR, etc...basically the people who aren't just good at west arch static pvp but also world pvp/hunting in general (back when world pvp was still possible), which requires skill/awareness/knowledge and a certain kind of personality in order to be successful at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Banz only started pking after r8 at level 100 back when r8 was hard to get. 4 k/d also shouldn't be hard if your overall kill count is low and you get a 1 hit weapon to increase k/d.

Says the kid with .5 kdr
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    To be honest, the only time you can tell who are the "best" pkers are when they hit endgame. In order to be the best you must excel when you have a stastical NORM. Throughout the journey from 1-the 10x there are to many aspects that differ from person to person. Especially in our quick leveling time now

From levels obtained in certain skills, to number of skill books obtained, gear deficities for certain levels (when I see 9x walking around with 51 helm... Goodness) and so many countless aspects that should be dealt with and after you hit around 10x these begin to fade.

What makes a difference between a good and exceptional pker is being able to stand on his own through the innormalities and being able to hold it's own despite server norms.

A good pker would wreck everyone after he has virtually hit server pk norms

A great pker would begin to kill people at say 89 while using sage/demon sparks (not saying it's wrong, just an example)

Buy an exceptional pker will go into a tw or out solo, be able to use the advantages of his class, and even being to lowest level out there will draw the attention of the "highest geared" because of them being a threat to the point of "kill them or we/I am screwed".

An exceptional pker uses things like pots, sparks, genies, and everything "unfair" about their class to an extreme.

Example: a good sin will stun-spark- kill before stun is up on a r9 wiz
    A great sin will be able to kill a wiz and a BM
    An exceptional sin will take out a squad of A wiz, barb, veno, and BM while barely getting a scratch.
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2011

High KPD isn't enough to mean being pro ****. It also depends HOW the person got it. For instance, I don't know if this is true because personally I didn't witness this myself, but a lot of Kylin's were saying that in the Kylin-Valhalla war, Banzzok was acting more like he was just looking out for his KPD ratio rather than helping his team win. Great KPD ok, horribad teammate (if that's even true), definitely.
    Also forgive me if I'm wrong, but when Curso was in +3 TT90 gear, wasn't he FAMOUS for double sparking, Frenzy'ing, running just outside of safe zone and Tempesting at Silver Pool the -moment- people were wrapped up in a fight to go kill him? Then he'd scurry back to SZ? I specifically remember a cleric that did this, and it became routine for fights at silver pool to suddenly pause themselves, just because both sides would stop just long enough to run over and kick his ***.
    Well Banz has been pk'ing before he get R8 gears, it's only that there's so many good archers on the server that you need to be exceptional to get any recognition.

I dunno about Banz either. Tough to say. No way in hell I can beat him, but I do notice a distinct difference in how close I can get to killing Banz/how long I can last compared to how close I get/how long I last with Wytche or ShootnBlanks.
    Part of the reason I brought up Nurfed before was to show that there are players with good gear who would still be good without their gear, and I gave an example of what, in my opinion, shows that a good-geared person is also skilled. Of course it's tough to tell if you don't have somewhat equal gear to them yourself, but there definitely are r9s on this server who just seem to do consistently worse than others.
    I <3 AGOREY
This discussion has been closed.