Rank 9 BladeMaster/Sin Fail

124»

Comments

• Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Must admit, R9 is unbalanced. Gives too much advantage to ranged DDs.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Must admit, R9 is unbalanced. Gives too much advantage to ranged DDs.

I don't know if i agree not in 1 v 1 but yeah maybe in tw.

Does this mean melee classes will become unusable in tw?

melee weapons have advanced zerk that seems a good trade off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Archers before rank 9 have always been underpowered? Gtfo. Look what classes has been on the top of the PvP rankings for the past 3 years, and still are. In terms of K/D as well as kills.

Archers purging as fast as a BM zerks on a .83 APS weapon is pretty ****ing broken. My G15 Axes with GOF Zerk Crit Rank 9 Archers for 5K, they can crit me back for 10K and purge (unsparked). Triple sparked I've been hit for 18K through True Emptiness.

The fact that there's like 4-5 different phys def buffs compared to 1 magic def buff make even zerk crits from Rank 9 axes look like ****.

These days all the Rank 9 archers having advanced purge, G16 gears, and 90 attack level vs BMs stuck in G12 interval gear since Rank 9 offers none, sounds pretty balanced. Yeah, right. I spit on you sir.

Archers before Jone's Bless cannot match up to BMs in 1v1 fights at all. You cannot disagree with me on this. After Jone's Bless and before R9, maybe.

The PvP ranking reflect kills from TW as well as from suck geared lowbies.

and sorry, but getting crit for 10k by an R9 archer requires that you somehow only have 50% reduction. I don't think that's possible unless you were debuffed since R9 +12 is typically around 20k base attack.

I estimate that +12 2nd cast Nirv axes should give you about 11k-13k avg base, with Jone's Bless, zerk critting someone for 5k with that axe would mean that target has about 70% reduction. This is expected out of fully buffed endgame archers, but you getting hit for 10k by R9 bow is not, or maybe you were only self buffed.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Archers before Jone's Bless cannot match up to BMs in 1v1 fights at all. You cannot disagree with me on this. After Jone's Bless and before R9, maybe.

The PvP ranking reflect kills from TW as well as from suck geared lowbies.

and sorry, but getting crit for 10k by an R9 archer requires that you somehow only have 50% reduction. I don't think that's possible unless you were debuffed since R9 +12 is typically around 20k base attack.

I estimate that +12 2nd cast Nirv axes should give you about 11k-13k avg base, with Jone's Bless, zerk critting someone for 5k with that axe would mean that target has about 70% reduction. This is expected out of fully buffed endgame archers, but you getting hit for 10k by R9 bow is not, or maybe you were only self buffed.

I will agree with you for the most part; however, Archers and Mages still had the upper edge pre-anni packs, pre-genies, and before all the APS craze. Bows and casters just epically owned Axe BMs, just by being able to permanently kite them. After genies, Post anni packs and pre-jones blessing I'd say it was pretty balanced, if not more favorable for BMs. Then after jones blessing, it was still manageable and fairly balanced, but after Rank 9 sales it's way unbalanced again.

I 1v1ed against kirby 5 times, he won 4 times, I won once. He's rank 9 and like +11 or +12. His purge bow proc'd like every 15-20 shots, ofc I'm only self buffed at this point. Then his metal debuff skill and magic attacks crit me for 10-15K. Can easily one shot me even though I'm half +10ed and other half is +8ed, pretty well geared myself.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And here I felt that it was too easy pvping as a wiz after the jones bless,mostly in mass pvp so I went back to bm lol.

The bm still had the edge in 1v1 but wiziez & archers always had the edge in TW. Then again there also aren't enough casters that I see using fortify or badge when fighting a bm which takes the fight vs a caster to a whole new level.

But r9 is just too much,it's no way close to balanced.
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    BM Rank gear is lame.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • pflegefall69
    pflegefall69 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    TheDan is right.
    Bm is prolly the weakest class in pvp since the r8 and r9 sale.
    And i really cannot understand how people calling aps bms noob all time and axe sooo pro.
    What is pro in spamming skills and hope for zerkcrit?
    Although i think archers need nerf anyways 30 sec CD antistun and 79 thats more then 50% of time on antistun, not to mention the purge effect on bow, wich really makes this game more luck based again.
    Its not right to say r9 sins are up they glich PD 2 spark in stealth and can have 3.33 aps with geenie (That rolls any barb in less than 5 seconds ive seen it...).Peoples charm doesnt even tick because of to much DPS while the Hits not high enuff to bypass the charm.
    Now look at the Bms chances in high end game:
    Well played R9 venos will outmove the bm.
    R9 Archer can spam antistun wait for purge and 2 shot bm.
    R9 Cleric will use its totally overpowered lvl 100 seal skill when bm will use antistun. After antistun run out the cleric will sleep the bms marrow will run out= GG
    R9 Psych will seal the bm all time so he needs to use AD or resist pot to ATTACK it.Not to mention the reflect skill with r9 attack lvl hurts really bad.
    R9 Wizzy ive not seen so far vs a highend bm but i guess it can be a balanced fight.
    R9 sin kill bm extremely fast on aps 3.33. Even if the bm manages to stun the sin will prolly resist with his Tidal Prot or survive because of Rib strike.
    Barbs will still loose to aps bms. DPH R9 Bm vs R9 Barb = endless fight.
  • Necrateeti - Dreamweaver
    Necrateeti - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    you all complain about PVP .. what about PVE ? where sins and BMs rule
    u can`t complain u have lame gears when u can get so easy 5.0 aps on sin or uber dmg + defences on BM

imo archers should be able to use freaking daggers and then u can say the game is ballancedb:victory then u can start complaining about your pvp weapon !
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Who cares about PvE.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Anyone else openly laugh at the idea of balanced rank 9 sets?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Anyone else openly laugh at the idea of balanced rank 9 sets?

*laugh out loud*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Why dev. should balance BM R9 set when they don't balanced PVE for magic classes? At least now you can see how we feel in all game, which is pretty much unbalanced for casters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Anyone else realise that if high aps wasnt as common and overpowered as it is now, the rank 9 sets are balenced? Rank 9 for BMs and Sins isnt fail, its just traditional. (K, maybe not Psychics, but thats a different matter).
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This is why I am keeping my R8 on my sin and just doing full refines on the important pieces of equips, working on maxing her sockets, and the best shards possible. Already have her set up for 5aps, she justs needs level & working on her Nirvana pieces now.

And I have to agree I was really shocked the R9 Sin did not have aps on the daggar. I thought it was a bit... different?

The person you quoted had probably not been ***** by a full r9 sin prior to his/her posting. The lack of -int. on sin's r9 set means nothing, considering they can practically 1 shot most decently equipped players.

Not to mention the sheer amount of DPH one can do in PvE is just as effective if not more so than a 4-5 APS sin.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die