Rank 9 BladeMaster/Sin Fail

Options
DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Anyone notice how every piece of rank 9 equip gives crit, attack level, and -interval or -channeling. OH WAIT, besides the BladeMasters and Sins, there isn't one piece of Rank 9 equipment with -interval for either of the MELEE DPS classes. Even BARBS get -interval on gloves and leggings, WTF is that?! Could we remove whoever's head from whoever's *** that put the stats on this gear?
Put some -interval on Rank 9 armor (where's the R9 Fists? Are we not BladeMasters, do we not wield EVERY weapon? Are there BM's besides Axe that want a rank 9 weapon?! We have to buy skills and mastery for EVERY path, it's like paying for 4 classes in one. There's R8 weapons for each path, wtf!?) and Daggers at least. Have the devs not played the game? There are only two fist/claw weapons a bm can use with -interval besides Nirvana. A BM without -interval and fists/claws at lvl 100 is pretty much ignored these days. Which brings up another point, who uses poles or swords? Oh ya, they've made these two paths craptaculous compared to axes and fists. Surprise!
It's seriously moronic to make a class like BladeMaster's who have the choice to purchase skills for 4 paths and 4 different mastery's while only offering them one choice of weapon through Rank 9.
Post edited by DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Word^ b:surrender
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The devs are slowly working to reduce the effectivenes of APS to bring back balance to the game (ya know, give the casters a chance to do something in instances).

Not giving BM and sin APS in theyr end game gear is 1 of those ways, and a pritty effective way.

It's the same reason there is no interval buf in guild base, or interval runes.

(sins can do perfectly fine without aps btw, slap on chill of the deep and spam skills)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's nice.Can they give us more defense levels on r9 instead of attack as well? Because you know,a melee tankish class would make much more use of those in pvp,especially mass.

And btw archers & barbs still got their int with r9,you were saying about aps fixing?
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If people wouldn't QQ about 5 APS, they would QQ about mages who can cast instantly. . .

. . . Oh wait! They fixed THAT of course! b:surrender
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's nice.Can they give us more defense levels on r9 instead of attack as well? Because you know,a melee tankish class would make much more use of those in pvp,especially mass.

And btw archers & barbs still got their int with r9,you were saying about aps fixing?

A bow archer was always meant to use interval with bow, and a barb's rank9 weapon is still an axe.

And rank9 is purely offencive, so you can gues where you can put those extra defence lvls
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ok, that's nice and all, but really makes no damn sense. If they wanted to do that, why the heck would they give archers a total of .25 - interval with only 3 pieces of gear. Or! put -10 channeling and 2% crit on the wizards weapon, hell, even the barbs get -.15 interval with 2 pieces. Seems BM's and Sins just got the **** end of the stick here (barbs too).
    Let me lay out a little math for ya. This is the stat differences for the rank 9 sets, included only real differences not static amounts on gear.

Vit 40 str 40 hp 720 crit 6% - BMs
    Mag 40 vit 30 hp 720 crit 7% channel -10% - Wizards
    Vit 40 str 40 hp 720 interval -.15 - Barbs
    Mag 40 vit 30 hp 925 crit 4% channel 9% phys 313 (on wep) - Veno's
    Mag 40 vit 30 hp 925 crit 4% channel 9% - clerics
    Dex 40 vit 30 hp 925 def lvl +3 interval -.25 - archers
    Mag 40 vit 30 hp 925 crit 5% channel -10% - psychics
    Dex 40 vit 30 hp 925 crit 5% def lvl +3 - sins

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Rank_and_Reputation - check here to look at rank equipment.

BladeMaster's can only choose ONE Rank 9 weapon, the Axe. Where's a petition to add the rest of our weapons? It's not like every class in the game has to purchase 4 different mastery's and sets of skills.
  • Orintaz - Archosaur
    Orintaz - Archosaur Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    QQmake5apsmoreOPplox
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Everyone agrees 5aps is OP in instances.

The devs slowly reduce aps power by not adding 5aps to the end game gear.
    And we only had to wait for it: QQ from the Aps noobs
  • DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Are you **** or something? They added -.25 interval with only 3 pieces of gear for an archer, PEWPEW! The weapons are much stronger now too, like rank 8 fists, 808-893 dmg base. Deicides 498-673 base dmg. There are no Rank 9 weapons for BM's besides the axe, which is ****ing moronic imo. Ever played a BM? Bought and equipped every demon skill for swords, axes, poles, and fists? Yea that's right, we have to get skills and mastery's for each type of weapon. The only class that does. But we only get an axe at the end game.

Add: There's no Rank Fists with -interval.
    Just Lunar claws and FF fists. Of which both you can see Barb's, Archers, and Sins equipping. Because they're just that damn good.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    all i read is "QQ i cant break the game even more with full r9 5aps sin/bm"

there is no such thing as "bms are supposed to use -int" "barbs are meant to stay away from claws" etc.
    dev's are the ones that enstablish the laws of this world, not the players
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Oooo I remember how to respond to this!

QQ MOAR!
    If you're so jealous of archer rank gear why don't you just reroll an archer? Anyone can have -int on R9 if they do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    there is not a single class in the entire game that can out DPS a 4aps sin with rank 9 dags. there is not a single class(not even rank 9) in the game that can out DPS a 5aps sin with nirvy dags and rank 8 gear.

but i do aggree that sins/BMs got the shaft with rank 9. no sin in there right mind would go full rank 9. unless there sage, and even then its iffy.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Oooo I remember how to respond to this!

QQ MOAR!
    If you're so jealous of archer rank gear why don't you just reroll an archer? Anyone can have -int on R9 if they do that.

HAHAHA Astypoo

Seriously though, R9 sin would be too good with -int. Chill + R9 + Jones - you really need -int to kill someone? Could probably cap your *** with a knife throw.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's nice. Could they, you know, take away R9 completely?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I wanna know why all the end-game Psy **** has -channeling.

That's like giving a barb +100 Magic attack on his r9 weapon.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Atreyuthus - Sanctuary
    Atreyuthus - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Are you **** or something? They added -.25 interval with only 3 pieces of gear for an archer, PEWPEW! The weapons are much stronger now too, like rank 8 fists, 808-893 dmg base. Deicides 498-673 base dmg. There are no Rank 9 weapons for BM's besides the axe, which is ****ing moronic imo. Ever played a BM? Bought and equipped every demon skill for swords, axes, poles, and fists? Yea that's right, we have to get skills and mastery's for each type of weapon. The only class that does. But we only get an axe at the end game.

Add: There's no Rank Fists with -interval.
    Just Lunar claws and FF fists. Of which both you can see Barb's, Archers, and Sins equipping. Because they're just that damn good.

Wizards have multiple weapon options (glaive, sword, pataka, and wand) and, yet, we only get a magic sword for rank 9.

You're not the only one who gets one choice, so stop whining about it b:chuckle
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wizards have multiple weapon options (glaive, sword, pataka, and wand) and, yet, we only get a magic sword for rank 9.

You're not the only one who gets one choice, so stop whining about it b:chuckle

I sincerely doubt that a Wizard being stuck with a magic sword has the same impact that it does with sticking a BM with only one of his four weapon options...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited March 2011
    Options
    speed vs. power
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I thought r9 worked in a way that balanced the classes out a bit more. That's what I've been told by friends who work with and know r9'ers
    Going off of that explanation, maybe high -int wasn't given to sins and bms so much in r9 because they don't need the assistance of it really. They're already doing fine, it's the other classes that are struggling to keep up with them.

On those terms, withholding -int from BMs and sins in r9 makes sense actually.
    But, I must agree that giving only axes to r9 BM's sounds stupid. I can't quite find a reason or justification for that.
  • Atreyuthus - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I sincerely doubt that a Wizard being stuck with a magic sword has the same impact that it does with sticking a BM with only one of his four weapon options...

Wizard weapons are very specific, patake provides protection with smallest-largest damage potential, whereas glaives, patakas, and wands provide crit, mattk, etc w/ different damage potentials.

Any good player will choose the weapon they want based on what they need. Saying a magic sword for a wizard does not have the same impact as a BM having axes is just asinine. You are posting as a psy... how do you know anything about a wizard MUCH LESS a blademaster.You have no experience with either character, as illustrated by posting as a psy, so you, sir, dont suddenly know what a BM wants assuming they only want APS.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Any good player will choose the weapon they want based on what they need. Saying a magic sword for a wizard does not have the same impact as a BM having axes is just asinine. You are posting as a sin... how do you know anything about a wizard MUCH LESS a blademaster.You have no experience with either character, as illustrated by posting as a sin, so you, sir, dont suddenly know what a BM wants assuming they only want APS.

He's a psy but...

I got some experience as both a wiz and a BM (this is my new BM on PWI) and it really is different. BM's rank axes mean that they can't use all their skills with it. Most of the other skills aren't really that important in PvP but it still isn't the same.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Atreyuthus - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    He's a psy but...

I got some experience as both a wiz and a BM (this is my new BM on PWI) and it really is different. BM's rank axes mean that they can't use all their skills with it. Most of the other skills aren't really that important in PvP but it still isn't the same.

Good Point... I forgot that a BM wields different weapons for different skills (where wizards do not), but do the skills requiring non-axe weapons base their damage upon a percentage of weapon phys attack or is it a set value?

Saying that, what skills are actually unusable with only axes? Are they important skills? Do they get used alot? I'm just wondering if you are handicapped as a BM, skill-wise, because of the axes, or do you just lose the ability to perma-spark with -int fists?
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can agree about BMs, but Sins...really lol. If you get zerk daggers with R9 you should just stop QQ about interval <_<

Sins with R9 daggers can pvp in lvl 1 npc gear and still roll anyone that isn't a higher level assassin.
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    4.0 r9 daggers = highest DPS in game, period. Next would be 5.0 g15 nirvana daggers with GoF/Sac Strike or 20 attack levels. Last would be 5.0 G13 nirvana daggers.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wizard weapons are very specific, patake provides protection with smallest-largest damage potential, whereas glaives, patakas, and wands provide crit, mattk, etc w/ different damage potentials.

Any good player will choose the weapon they want based on what they need. Saying a magic sword for a wizard does not have the same impact as a BM having axes is just asinine. You are posting as a psy... how do you know anything about a wizard MUCH LESS a blademaster.You have no experience with either character, as illustrated by posting as a psy, so you, sir, dont suddenly know what a BM wants assuming they only want APS.

Dude, a BM can't use all his skills unless he has all four weapons. You're comparing the damage dealing type to the ability to use all your skills. It's entirely different level of importance. I mean with your logic we could argue that a BM not only needs a R9 sword, axes, fist, and polearm, but also needs a r9 blade, sword, dual blades, dual sword, poleaxe, polehammer, dual axes, dual hammer, fists, claws.....

Feel free to make this complaint again when BIDS is restricted to a magic sword, Blade Tempest to a Wand and Mountain Seize to a Glaive.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Feel free to make this complaint again when BIDS is restricted to a magic sword, Blade Tempest to a Wand and Mountain Seize to a Glaive.

Aww man, why did you say it out aloud? It will happen in a month and it would have been epic if it was a surprise. b:cry
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Idk much about the bm r9, so can't say much besides that having just axe option is a bit silly since bm has 4 weaps.

For r9 for sin not having -int (besides on wrists I think), honestly who cares. Thank god those daggers don't have -int. And also good thing that armor doesn't have much. Just think of 5 aps with insane defence, hp and dph. Sins are already OP enough as they are, no need to give them more hp/def then average barb, and more healing ability any cleric can provide.

On a side note :
    there is not a single class in the entire game that can out DPS a 4aps sin with rank 9 dags. there is not a single class(not even rank 9) in the game that can out DPS a 5aps sin with nirvy dags and rank 8 gear.

but i do aggree that sins/BMs got the shaft with rank 9. no sin in there right mind would go full rank 9. unless there sage, and even then its iffy.

If anyone can explain this to me, I'd be most gratefull cause it wouldn't make any sence. I got r9 dagger and have 2.86 aps (sage). I heard a lot of 4 or 5 aps sins with g13 and g15 daggers say they'd out damage me, but still need to find one that actually keeps aggro on the boss. Last bh I tested damage with a sin with g15 vanas (equal refine, pretty much comparable gear) in a duel, and I hit double of her. That is how insane damage from r9 is, and it's just daggers, not the crapload of +att lvl from full r9. I can see why someone would go full r9, sage or demon. Aps is just an argument to enter a wc squad, even squads demanding 5 aps for vana invite me with 2.86 aps when I send them a link of my weap.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    50k crit

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
  • Atreyuthus - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Dude, a BM can't use all his skills unless he has all four weapons. You're comparing the damage dealing type to the ability to use all your skills. It's entirely different level of importance. I mean with your logic we could argue that a BM not only needs a R9 sword, axes, fist, and polearm, but also needs a r9 blade, sword, dual blades, dual sword, poleaxe, polehammer, dual axes, dual hammer, fists, claws.....

Good Point... I forgot that a BM wields different weapons for different skills (where wizards do not), but do the skills requiring non-axe weapons base their damage upon a percentage of weapon phys attack or is it a set value?

Saying that, what skills are actually unusable with only axes? Are they important skills? Do they get used alot? I'm just wondering if you are handicapped as a BM, skill-wise, because of the axes, or do you just lose the ability to perma-spark with -int fists?

This is my post after the one you are QQ'ing about where I basically recanted what I said previously and asked some questions that seem quite relevant.

Also, restrict BIDS, Mountain's Seize, and BT to certain weapons because I only use certain skills for PVE. Mountain's Seize is the best due to the 95% stun rate (sage)... why slow them when you can stun them (comparing it to BIDS)? and why do nothing when you can stun them (comparing to BT)?

Maybe BIDS and BT hit harder, but when you stun them + sutra attack, more damage is taken by the mob before you get hit then BIDS or BT + sutra. ijs...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There's a reason why I didn't go Rank 9 lmao. Not worth it to get only weapon for 150m + 400m. No set bonus without armor, and armor isn't worth **** to get since it has no interval.

I'd rather take my 550M and make G15 fists with +20 attack and 0.05 interval, kthxbai.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI