Vs High Level Seekers

Options

Comments

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    WTB _Perses_ pvp video, 30mil. PM me my alt shop in game if you find.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lmao

... I want one too. b:surrender
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm too embarrassed to post anymore because I couldn't back up anything I said. I'm now going to stop posting here and occasionally check back to see what people are saying about me.

Well as long as you admit it b:cute
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Tell me how to survive a hit that is 1k+ over my HP???

You could use damage reduction apothecaries, or genie skills?
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    wtb pwi calc with perses' gears b:surrender
    http://pwcalc.com/201ccd7cb04e24d1
    WTB _Perses_ pvp video, 30mil. PM me my alt shop in game if you find.
    Don't even know of one....
    Well as long as you admit it b:cute

You can go **** yourself.

/disappears.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You can go **** yourself.
    /disappears.

Called it exactly

Nail < Head

Gf b:cute
  • Remirre - Heavens Tear
    Remirre - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This Okeanos guy who plays a sin... wow, you're so full of yourself b:thanks

saying BM is the Best PVPer behind sin?

LOL

U guys never fought a well geared psy it seems... sins and BM's can put their aps up their *** against a psy...

PM me in game for a fight and I'll bring my psy... HT server... btw
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This Okeanos guy who plays a sin... wow, you're so full of yourself b:thanks

saying BM is the Best PVPer behind sin?

LOL

U guys never fought a well geared psy it seems... sins and BM's can put their aps up their *** against a psy...

PM me in game for a fight and I'll bring my psy... HT server... btw

Who played*.

This thread is about Seeker so idk why you are bringing up Psy, but no, my zerk axes work just fine on a equal geared Psy tyvm.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Who played*.

This thread is about Seeker so idk why you are bringing up Psy, but no, my zerk axes work just fine on a equal geared Psy tyvm.

bm's that dont know how to crit glitch on psys made me chuckle
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Krizalit - Lost City
    Krizalit - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sure seekers can 1 shot sins (without dead nerves), but they are easy too, i am only a rank 8 sin with crappy 1.67 unsparked with only +3 gear and i kil many seekers rank 8 +5 easy, of course in PK mode, i only do demon spark in the sky > Headhunt > Bramble Rage lvl 5 lol ( at this time seker ony have a 20% of ther hp) > only hit 2 normal atacks and seeekes die, before use abosolute domain, the seekers says "Really?" all of this in 3 secs or less.

you use heartseeker, i use telestun in case tidal protection 50% inmune to stum/ paralyse fail.

you use gemini? i use knife throw demon 100% interrupt.
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Not trying to say that triple sparking + BR isn't pro (it's not, btw), but EG I'd say seekers are the hardest class for me to 1v1, second only to pro psychics (who I've all but given up on killing in a fair fight). I'll compare their survivability / pvp power to a BM since that's the most closely related class.

1) Seekers defense level buff is vastly superior to BM's pdef buffs. The pdef system in this game logarithmic and approaches 90%. IE most BM's already have ~80% pdef reduction and this doesn't increase too much with sutras. Seekers on the other hand have similar pdef, as well as a personal defense level buff that basically negates the attack level buff provided from a jone's blessing. More or less, you deal 25% less damage to a seeker than a similarly geared BM.

2) What really sets seekers back imo is the lack of stuns and stun immunity. As I understand it seekers only receive a stun immune move at the 79 culti level, and even that only lasts 6 seconds compared to will of bodi's 15.

3) Seekers have tons of ranged attacks that do quite a lot of damage. I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes in world pvp when a seeker does that ranged immobilize move on me, i'm unable to attack them after tele jumping. I pretty much resort to popping an apoth or 3 sparking for the purify at this point, neither of which is very appealing for me.

4) That stupid continuous aoe that hurts like hell. Occasionally someone pops this on me and expels, meaning i'm stuck trying to tank 4k+ crits for 9 seconds. Every time one of them does this I can imagine them sitting behind their keyboard giggling to themselves over how clever they are.. Anyway, condensed thorn + throatcut / knife throw takes care of this pretty easily. If you're feeling too squishy to stay in the aoe for the time it takes to pull this off, tele jump the hell out of there and wait for expel to expire. Pot shots with a purge bow is very fun here =)

SO.. based on my experiences with high level seekers, there's three things I try to avoid. DON'T get stuck in a ranged fight with a seeker, DON'T sit in melee range while they're aoeing, and DON'T try and kill them while they have stun immunity on (throatcut and kite). That said, bait them into blowing their genie energy (look out for the failed occult ice animation), and then set them up in a stun luck. From here it's just a matter of your weapon doing enough damage to overcome their pdef + defense levels.

And so help me god if you try the deep sting > triple spark > occult combo, I will find you. And it will be painful >:o
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    1) Seekers defense level buff is vastly superior to BM's pdef buffs. The pdef system in this game logarithmic and approaches 90%. IE most BM's already have ~80% pdef reduction and this doesn't increase too much with sutras. Seekers on the other hand have similar pdef, as well as a personal defense level buff that basically negates the attack level buff provided from a jone's blessing. More or less, you deal 25% less damage to a seeker than a similarly geared BM.

2) What really sets seekers back imo is the lack of stuns and stun immunity. As I understand it seekers only receive a stun immune move at the 79 culti level, and even that only lasts 6 seconds compared to will of bodi's 15.

3) Seekers have tons of ranged attacks that do quite a lot of damage. I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes in world pvp when a seeker does that ranged immobilize move on me, i'm unable to attack them after tele jumping. I pretty much resort to popping an apoth or 3 sparking for the purify at this point, neither of which is very appealing for me.

4) That stupid continuous aoe that hurts like hell. Occasionally someone pops this on me and expels, meaning i'm stuck trying to tank 4k+ crits for 9 seconds. Every time one of them does this I can imagine them sitting behind their keyboard giggling to themselves over how clever they are.. Anyway, condensed thorn + throatcut / knife throw takes care of this pretty easily. If you're feeling too squishy to stay in the aoe for the time it takes to pull this off, tele jump the hell out of there and wait for expel to expire. Pot shots with a purge bow is very fun here =)

SO.. based on my experiences with high level seekers, there's three things I try to avoid. DON'T get stuck in a ranged fight with a seeker, DON'T sit in melee range while they're aoeing, and DON'T try and kill them while they have stun immunity on (throatcut and kite). That said, bait them into blowing their genie energy (look out for the failed occult ice animation), and then set them up in a stun luck. From here it's just a matter of your weapon doing enough damage to overcome their pdef + defense levels.

And so help me god if you try the deep sting > triple spark > occult combo, I will find you. And it will be painful >:o

1)This will have to be tested but bell and marrow do reduce the damage by a lot.
    3)If it's not even ground then after tele jumping the game counts you as falling, and you can't do anything while falling. It's only 70% chance to proc at level 10, with Tidal it's down to 35% chance to proc on you. If you tele there and is still stuck, pop Occult Ice?

I don't see how Seeker can be the 2nd hardest class for you to 1v1 with their non-existing anti stun. They can genie and pot for anti stun, but so can other classes that have their own anti stun to begin with. Maybe it's just HL but I can't find a single Seeker that's worth fighting.
  • Dakuken - Dreamweaver
    Dakuken - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    1)
    I don't see how Seeker can be the 2nd hardest class for you to 1v1 with their non-existing anti stun. They can genie and pot for anti stun, but so can other classes that have their own anti stun to begin with. Maybe it's just HL but I can't find a single Seeker that's worth fighting.

Seconded
  • FrozenPhire - Lost City
    FrozenPhire - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • XMasqueradex - Lost City
    XMasqueradex - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ur a sin, cry more.

you know for some one who said in past posts they have a life and quit this game you show up a lot with your stupid comments ijsb:surrender
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    1)This will have to be tested but bell and marrow do reduce the damage by a lot.
    3)If it's not even ground then after tele jumping the game counts you as falling, and you can't do anything while falling. It's only 70% chance to proc at level 10, with Tidal it's down to 35% chance to proc on you. If you tele there and is still stuck, pop Occult Ice?

Sorry I should've been more specific. When I say that seekers are the second hardest class for me to 1v1 I mean that they can generally tank more damage than a comparably geared BM/barb thanks to their defense level buffs. Also, the survivability of HA combined with ranged DD capabilities means that they are much more difficult to effectively kite than BMs or barbs and much harder to kill than archers/mages.

Also, I'm comparing the pvp capabilities of a full buffed seeker vs a full buffed BM, the only difference between the two would be defense level buff for seeker / marrows for BM. Defense levels > marrows with endgame gear.

Btw, seekers DO have skill based anti-stuns. Albeit not as good as a BMs, but it exists.

As for the falling glitch, I guess there's not a whole lot I can do about it except try to pvp seekers more in the air lol. I no longer have occult ice on my genie. Originally, I had a 105 str genie with domain/mire/relentless courage/expel/occult. It was great for short fights but sucked for spamming. I've since switched over to a 3 energy/sec genie with 170 vit and domain/expel/mire/windshield/bramble rage. Soo much more useful in world pvp, though I do miss the high percentage 6 second freeze at times.

And there are a ton of nub seekers on LC, but you have to see the potential pvp effectiveness of the class. I've fought maybe a handful of decent seekers on LC but none have really blown my mind. Give it time tho, I'm sure they'll come out of the wood work soon enough
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sorry I should've been more specific. When I say that seekers are the second hardest class for me to 1v1 I mean that they can generally tank more damage than a comparably geared BM/barb thanks to their defense level buffs. Also, the survivability of HA combined with ranged DD capabilities means that they are much more difficult to effectively kite than BMs or barbs and much harder to kill than archers/mages.

Also, I'm comparing the pvp capabilities of a full buffed seeker vs a full buffed BM, the only difference between the two would be defense level buff for seeker / marrows for BM. Defense levels > marrows with endgame gear.

Btw, seekers DO have skill based anti-stuns. Albeit not as good as a BMs, but it exists.

As for the falling glitch, I guess there's not a whole lot I can do about it except try to pvp seekers more in the air lol. I no longer have occult ice on my genie. Originally, I had a 105 str genie with domain/mire/relentless courage/expel/occult. It was great for short fights but sucked for spamming. I've since switched over to a 3 energy/sec genie with 170 vit and domain/expel/mire/windshield/bramble rage. Soo much more useful in world pvp, though I do miss the high percentage 6 second freeze at times.

And there are a ton of nub seekers on LC, but you have to see the potential pvp effectiveness of the class. I've fought maybe a handful of decent seekers on LC but none have really blown my mind. Give it time tho, I'm sure they'll come out of the wood work soon enough

you mean people who get fulls buffs jsut to 1v1 arent mocked openly on your server?

Why do people keep compareing seekers to bm's? They're skill set is far closer to that of a wizz, Zhen spamable ranged skills and 0 chan skill.

seekers at high refines basicly require purge or 3 spark to kill buffed. Still really easy to stunlock em to death as they're antistun can only be used at 40% hp.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well, defense wise, I see fighting Seeker (who happens to have BM buff on) as fighting BM before the times of Jones blessing. It's a bit harder, but not that big of a deal.
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    you mean people who get fulls buffs jsut to 1v1 arent mocked openly on your server?

Why do people keep compareing seekers to bm's? They're skill set is far closer to that of a wizz, Zhen spamable ranged skills and 0 chan skill.

seekers at high refines basicly require purge or 3 spark to kill buffed. Still really easy to stunlock em to death as they're antistun can only be used at 40% hp.

You're joking right? Whenever I'm sitting around west gate / silver pool / other world pvp areas I always welcome the occasional cleric/barb buff. I don't understand why you would NOT want to be buffed while sitting around in these areas, or for when you pvp for that matter.

People compare seekers to BMs because they're the closest in terms of build and gear. Seekers can tank stuff, seekers have lots of hp, seekers have high pdef. Granted, they have a variety of magic damage attacks, but they're str-based not mag-based. In short, you play a seeker as a BM that does magic attacks, and not a heavy amored wizard.

Well, defense wise, I see fighting Seeker (who happens to have BM buff on) as fighting BM before the times of Jones blessing. It's a bit harder, but not that big of a deal.

Alright, I'll give you numbers to work with. Adrenal Numbness is a +30 defense level boost, which is a 23% overall damage reduction. Full defense shards is another +48 defense levels, so together thats a 60% damage reduction.

When rank 9 for seekers comes out, that increases by 25. Let's add sage Adrenal Numbness, cube neck, and a defense bless box just for fun, which is another 15 defense levels. So to tally it all up sage rank 9 seekers can have up to 118 defense levels. If you just have a Jone's Blessing equipped, you deal 91% less damage than you normally would, and that's not counting pdef reductions. At this point the only thing that can realistically hurt this seeker is a full rank 9 gear character (96 attack levels including Jone's blessing, cube neck, and sky cover ring).

Now +10 his gear, +12 his weap, buff him, and see what happens to west gate pvp. The ONLY reason I would prefer to fight this seeker over a similar geared psychic is because psychic buffs are ridiculous to fight against when their soulforce gets to this point.

JUST SAYING.

Edit: Before someone points out the obvious: Yes, a BM/barb could also have this gear and gain 83 defense levels, but that is only a 63% damage reduction. What's more, barbs and BMs are significantly easier to kite, meaning that you are far more likely to catch a BM in an inopportune moment then you are to catch a seeker in one.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    kiteing on a sin = stealth, i cant think of any class that works around that.

So your saying you cant kill HA without jones blessing. Pro, we will totaly consider your opinions to be facts based on your sheer awesome.
  • Lyuute - Lost City
    Lyuute - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Dropped a 101 sin multiple times b:victory
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    kiteing on a sin = stealth, i cant think of any class that works around that.

So your saying you cant kill HA without jones blessing. Pro, we will totaly consider your opinions to be facts based on your sheer awesome.

So you're saying that you're on a PvE server? Pro, we will totally consider your carebear opinions. Go farm some herbs.

See what I did there?

Never mind the whole bloody dissertation I wrote up explaining how defense levels on a seeker make them pretty much untouchable. You go and take 4 words out of context and try to prove how clever you are.

And no, kiting on a sin =/= stealth. We have two speed buffs, two tele moves (one of which is exploitable), and a ton of control moves that we can use to waste an opponent's genie energy/apoth/immunity. Stealth is a last resort, not the first thing you do when your opponent shows signs of not being afk.

I bet you're a blue name... So run along while the real pvpers discuss stuff k? b:bye
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So you're saying that you're on a PvE server? Pro, we will totally consider your carebear opinions. Go farm some herbs.

See what I did there?

Never mind the whole bloody dissertation I wrote up explaining how defense levels on a seeker make them pretty much untouchable. You go and take 4 words out of context and try to prove how clever you are.

And no, kiting on a sin =/= stealth. We have two speed buffs, two tele moves (one of which is exploitable), and a ton of control moves that we can use to waste an opponent's genie energy/apoth/immunity. Stealth is a last resort, not the first thing you do when your opponent shows signs of not being afk.

I bet you're a blue name... So run along while the real pvpers discuss stuff k? b:bye

30 def level buff, 30 attack level buff from jones, killing a seeker is easier than killing a bm pre jones blessing the rest of that post was absolutely useless ****.

You did play the game pre blessing right? And pre sins right? And yes, go kite the ranged DPH class on a LA class with +3 armor that deals mele damage.

My BM (aka the class that deals FAR less unsparked damage than sins) had no problem at all dropping seekers. Between stunlock PD CC and sparks if you actually have issues killing just because OMG jones dosent work? You should probly be learning your class a bit better rather than trying to rip some non existant LC cred out of your ***, made a level 1 alt, walked around, sat and watched 3 bm's 2 sins and a barb all soulburn themselves to death on an 8x psy. Amazingly idiots are idiots no matter what server they're on and 99% of pwi is idots. The rest will be pro no matter what server they're on.

See back in the day *old man pants on* people would grind to level, and there were only so many mobs and so many zhen spots. So factions would pk each other on pvp servers to try and hold these spots or just to kill the boredom of grinding to 100. Back in these days the average lost city pvper had massvily higher pvp experiance than anythign but active RPKers on pve servers. Nobody does that anymore, the LC card is dead, your like a rich (insert race) kid born with a silver spoon up his *** trying to play a race card to get a little refund on his 1000000000000000 car because at some point in time somone burned/maimed/firehosed/looked at in a mean manner his distant grandparents. Finnaly. Just no. Nobody playing a sin in pk mode will ever be considered pro, ever. Roll a real class.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Alright, I'll give you numbers to work with. Adrenal Numbness is a +30 defense level boost, which is a 23% overall damage reduction. Full defense shards is another +48 defense levels, so together thats a 60% damage reduction.

When rank 9 for seekers comes out, that increases by 25. Let's add sage Adrenal Numbness, cube neck, and a defense bless box just for fun, which is another 15 defense levels. So to tally it all up sage rank 9 seekers can have up to 118 defense levels. If you just have a Jone's Blessing equipped, you deal 91% less damage than you normally would, and that's not counting pdef reductions. At this point the only thing that can realistically hurt this seeker is a full rank 9 gear character (96 attack levels including Jone's blessing, cube neck, and sky cover ring).

Now +10 his gear, +12 his weap, buff him, and see what happens to west gate pvp. The ONLY reason I would prefer to fight this seeker over a similar geared psychic is because psychic buffs are ridiculous to fight against when their soulforce gets to this point.

JUST SAYING.

Edit: Before someone points out the obvious: Yes, a BM/barb could also have this gear and gain 83 defense levels, but that is only a 63% damage reduction. What's more, barbs and BMs are significantly easier to kite, meaning that you are far more likely to catch a BM in an inopportune moment then you are to catch a seeker in one.

Well yeah when you are talking about full R9 character with full def gear that's a different story with any class, but on an average Seeker you are looking at 35-50 def level.

Also you are not doing the math right. By your math a sage Psy will receive almost 0 damage with 66 extra def level from White Voodoo. What makes a highly refined Psy unkillable by most is their seals/stuns from the high soulpoints. Their def level alone doesn't make them invincible.

In your full def level senario, with 118 def level, I'll assume your attack level will be lower, at 30. The formula for damage reduction while attack level is lower than your target's defense is:

damage = damage dealt / (1 + 1.2 * (D - A)/100)

which works out to be damage = damage dealt /2. That's only 50% reduction, not 91%. On a BM/Barb with similar gears, it's about 39% damage reduction. And if you take off Jones for the BM/Barb then then equation becomes damage = damage dealt / (1 + 1.2 * (83 - 0)/100), which is 50% reduction just like hitting a Seeker with 30 def level while using Jones. So in the end, all 30 extra def levels do is cancel out your Jones, and killing a BM without using Jones would be harder since they can counter stun you often and aren't trapped by Tackling Slash for 9 seconds like Seeker. BM can leap away from you under Tackling while A Seeker has to tank it.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well yeah when you are talking about full R9 character with full def gear that's a different story with any class, but on an average Seeker you are looking at 35-50 def level.

Also you are not doing the math right. By your math a sage Psy will receive almost 0 damage with 66 extra def level from White Voodoo. What makes a highly refined Psy unkillable by most is their seals/stuns from the high soulpoints. Their def level alone doesn't make them invincible.

In your full def level senario, with 118 def level, I'll assume your attack level will be lower, at 30. The formula for damage reduction while attack level is lower than your target's defense is:

damage = damage dealt / (1 + 1.2 * (D - A)/100)

which works out to be damage = damage dealt /2. That's only 50% reduction, not 91%. On a BM/Barb with similar gears, it's about 39% damage reduction. And if you take off Jones for the BM/Barb then then equation becomes damage = damage dealt / (1 + 1.2 * (83 - 0)/100), which is 50% reduction just like hitting a Seeker with 30 def level while using Jones. So in the end, all 30 extra def levels do is cancel out your Jones, and killing a BM without using Jones would be harder since they can counter stun you often and aren't trapped by Tackling Slash for 9 seconds like Seeker. BM can leap away from you under Tackling while A Seeker has to tank it.

QPQ works on tackleing, they dotn get out of it near instantly like a bm does but they can bounce it on you +seal from QPQ itself
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    30 def level buff, 30 attack level buff from jones, killing a seeker is easier than killing a bm pre jones blessing the rest of that post was absolutely useless ****.

You did play the game pre blessing right? And pre sins right? And yes, go kite the ranged DPH class on a LA class with +3 armor that deals mele damage.

My BM (aka the class that deals FAR less unsparked damage than sins) had no problem at all dropping seekers. Between stunlock PD CC and sparks if you actually have issues killing just because OMG jones dosent work? You should probly be learning your class a bit better rather than trying to rip some non existant LC cred out of your ***, made a level 1 alt, walked around, sat and watched 3 bm's 2 sins and a barb all soulburn themselves to death on an 8x psy. Amazingly idiots are idiots no matter what server they're on and 99% of pwi is idots. The rest will be pro no matter what server they're on.

See back in the day *old man pants on* people would grind to level, and there were only so many mobs and so many zhen spots. So factions would pk each other on pvp servers to try and hold these spots or just to kill the boredom of grinding to 100. Back in these days the average lost city pvper had massvily higher pvp experiance than anythign but active RPKers on pve servers. Nobody does that anymore, the LC card is dead, your like a rich (insert race) kid born with a silver spoon up his *** trying to play a race card to get a little refund on his 1000000000000000 car because at some point in time somone burned/maimed/firehosed/looked at in a mean manner his distant grandparents. Finnaly. Just no. Nobody playing a sin in pk mode will ever be considered pro, ever. Roll a real class.

Josh, just want to point out that your pvp kill counter is at 500 and your post count is almost 2.5k. You talk significantly more than you pvp. (80% sure that's the right usage of then/than Okeano b:surrender)

I can almost guarantee you that I've played this game longer than you have. Remember open beta? Remember HH 60 weaps being awesomesauce? Remember seeing a +7 with flawless shards and said "holy **** he's pro"? Remember zhen and fishing parties? Remember npc TWs? Remember 100k gold? Remember pre-SL era where you spent a small fortune on dolls? Cause I do. What's more, I went through all this on LC, not a PvE server. So please don't go ranting on how you're the only good player on this game just because you've got 2 year anniversary fashion and can talk smack on a keyboard.

Having actively pvp'd with my sin / archer / veno / mage at 90+ and after leveling cleric / barb / bm to 9x, I honestly think I do have a decent grasp of the game. So what if I pvp on a sin? It's FUN. They have the best control moves in the game hands down. It's like playing a fist BM on roids.

Back to your little "sins require no skill" argument. It's true. Sins DON'T need skill to pvp. It takes skill to defend a sin attack however. So if you're routinely dying to sins popping out of stealth for a deep sting > 3 spark > occult ice (aka 'super pro combo').. it's because you're bad (not saying you in particular). I very much enjoy pvping BMs as it's mainly a trick of wearing out their apoth/genie/stun immune before I go for the kill. I can probably beat any BM on LC that has similar gear to me without stealthing. The only time I flat out lose is when they are able to hit me for 6k+ with ranged skills (high refines + zerks are a pain) or when I simply don't have enough dps to kill them.. which is rarely the case.

And yes I, the LA melee class, kite the ranged HA class when they 3 spark / immune. Sins have a spammable 35 meter teleport. If I really wanted to, I could kite archers. And this is from experience, not a 500 pvp kill counter and a 2.5k post count. Most pvp with seekers I'm fine. When I'm fighting one with double my refines tho it gets tough and I have to really tighten up my game and avoid getting hit at all. I almost rely on deaden nerves in these situations. Sometimes i'm lazy tho and just stealth it, which is a huge cop out. Still, they hit hard and can tank a decent amount of damage compared to the other ranged DD classes. I don't understand why you're so reluctant to admit that they are a good pvp class.

BTW: I'm not even going to start on your pseudo-racist tirade on reparations. It made no sense at all.

@Okeano: thanks for the brush up on attack/defense levels. For some reason I thought it was something like Damage taken = damage*(1+[A-D]). I completely concede my point on defense levels making them invincible, you were right. I don't even see will of bodi as a factor in pvp with a BM anymore as it's so so easy to kite (the first 15 seconds of a fight I don't bother using wolf emblem as I know i'll just be running/teleing away from them with the occasional throatcut to mix it up). Sage unfetter gives a 4 sec stun immune, which I think is perfect as it requires no chi and is used more like fortify, which is more difficult to counter than will of bodi. I wouldn't use tackling on a non-expelled seeker unless he's falling or I plan to follow up with throatcut, so that whole point is kind of moot imo. It's a different story with rank 9 sins tho I'll agree, where tackling slash pretty much becomes a 9 second window to aps your target to death. Still, I would rather be a seeker stuck in immobilize than a BM, as you can still go on the offensive without being limited in your skill choice.
  • yan00
    yan00 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Josh, just want to point out that your pvp kill counter is at 500 and your post count is almost 2.5k. You talk significantly more than you pvp. (80% sure that's the right usage of then/than Okeano b:surrender)

I can almost guarantee you that I've played this game longer than you have. Remember open beta? Remember HH 60 weaps being awesomesauce? Remember seeing a +7 with flawless shards and said "holy **** he's pro"? Remember zhen and fishing parties? Remember npc TWs? Remember 100k gold? Remember pre-SL era where you spent a small fortune on dolls? Cause I do. What's more, I went through all this on LC, not a PvE server. So please don't go ranting on how you're the only good player on this game just because you've got 2 year anniversary fashion and can talk smack on a keyboard.

Having actively pvp'd with my sin / archer / veno / mage at 90+ and after leveling cleric / barb / bm to 9x, I honestly think I do have a decent grasp of the game. So what if I pvp on a sin? It's FUN. They have the best control moves in the game hands down. It's like playing a fist BM on roids.

Back to your little "sins require no skill" argument. It's true. Sins DON'T need skill to pvp. It takes skill to defend a sin attack however. So if you're routinely dying to sins popping out of stealth for a deep sting > 3 spark > occult ice (aka 'super pro combo').. it's because you're bad (not saying you in particular). I very much enjoy pvping BMs as it's mainly a trick of wearing out their apoth/genie/stun immune before I go for the kill. I can probably beat any BM on LC that has similar gear to me without stealthing. The only time I flat out lose is when they are able to hit me for 6k+ with ranged skills (high refines + zerks are a pain) or when I simply don't have enough dps to kill them.. which is rarely the case.

And yes I, the LA melee class, kite the ranged HA class when they 3 spark / immune. Sins have a spammable 35 meter teleport. If I really wanted to, I could kite archers. And this is from experience, not a 500 pvp kill counter and a 2.5k post count. Most pvp with seekers I'm fine. When I'm fighting one with double my refines tho it gets tough and I have to really tighten up my game and avoid getting hit at all. I almost rely on deaden nerves in these situations. Sometimes i'm lazy tho and just stealth it, which is a huge cop out. Still, they hit hard and can tank a decent amount of damage compared to the other ranged DD classes. I don't understand why you're so reluctant to admit that they are a good pvp class.

BTW: I'm not even going to start on your pseudo-racist tirade on reparations. It made no sense at all.

@Okeano: thanks for the brush up on attack/defense levels. For some reason I thought it was something like Damage taken = damage*(1+[A-D]). I completely concede my point on defense levels making them invincible, you were right. I don't even see will of bodi as a factor in pvp with a BM anymore as it's so so easy to kite (the first 15 seconds of a fight I don't bother using wolf emblem as I know i'll just be running/teleing away from them with the occasional throatcut to mix it up). Sage unfetter gives a 4 sec stun immune, which I think is perfect as it requires no chi and is used more like fortify, which is more difficult to counter than will of bodi. I wouldn't use tackling on a non-expelled seeker unless he's falling or I plan to follow up with throatcut, so that whole point is kind of moot imo. It's a different story with rank 9 sins tho I'll agree, where tackling slash pretty much becomes a 9 second window to aps your target to death. Still, I would rather be a seeker stuck in immobilize than a BM, as you can still go on the offensive without being limited in your skill choice.

that was a mini dissertation!!! we should video record some pvp, lots of people talk wiv their imagination as if things will work in their favour! *if he does THIS, then i will do THIS and POW POW* o.o..
  • malanaki1234
    malanaki1234 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It's accually funny how all non-seeker players seem to be barking about R9 here .. boom boom there...while R9 ain't even out for seeker yet LMAO.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    StuffQUOTE]

So you've gone from the standard tinny e-peen arguement of "PVP SERVER!" to "Omg's kill count!"

Oh no, my post count is high! Almost all of my kills are on rank9 or g 15/+11-12 rank 8 toons, because sanctuary is the server of CS. My bm had +5 average refines for most of the 2 months i bothered going into pk on it.

w/o stealth theres a 30 second window in a sins tidal, and when you consider geni antistuns (AD/Fortify should be the absolute minimum) i dont see why you would kite unless they immune, you dont have OI so may as well just 51% hp PD glitch Subsea BR. In any extended fight your pretty well screwed w/o the stealth cooldown time.

As for why i dont consider seekers to be legitimate threats at low refines? They dont hit hard enough, and they're entirely reliant on gear for survivability. This means all geni spots on a good seeker would be taken by antistuns/reductions skills/heals/movement buffs. So spark is almost required to kill 1v1 on an equaly refined target. Combine this with long control skill colldowns and you have a class that 100% needs CS gear to pvp, and by pvp i mean faceroll.

Race ethic/religious group/sexual preferance throw w/e one offends you most in there.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ive fighted very few Seekers yet. And what i got out of those fight is that they are hard to drop and hits hard on HAs...

I got owned on 1st two fight we got. After that i managed to get the kills on an even count, even if this seek was full vana ref 6+ and im TT90green (90gold helm) + 97 mold shirt + elemental orns max refine +4.

You have to reduce theyr damage somehow. As barb i have invoke. As i demon barb i have some good critical skill that can put some situation on my advantage.

im a 13k/16k HP barb atm, and this seek was at 17k (with my lev11 buffs)...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<