Annoyance: Horns vs. Motorcycle

Options

Comments

• CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You have never stood next to one of those ****ing bikes with the sound on for more than 5 minutes have you? We might complain too much, but some of the things we complain about are perfectly valid complaints.

Actually, the sound doesnt bother me at all. And yes, I hear it daily. People just like to complain, its really not that annoying at all.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Actually, the sound doesnt bother me at all. And yes, I hear it daily. People just like to complain, its really not that annoying at all.

I think il need 3 pages of people saying it doesnt bother them before il accept that im complaining about nothing. Sorry, but its ****ing annoying.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Where is the option for "Neither, people on this game just like to whine and cry too much"?

I am uncertain how to respond to this, as the thread title and opening post clearly indicate that this poll is intended to compare two things: (1) horns, and (2) motorcycles.

I admit that a third option of "I view both with relatively the same amount of annoyance, within a 5% margin of error." makes sense, but I am unsure as to why you feel there should a 3rd option that you suggested.

Is the thread title unclear? Is the opening post somewhat ambiguous as to its intent? Why would you think there should be a third option as you had suggested, even though it is utterly irrelevant to the topic?

Please explain your logic.
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I can't believe more players have voted motorcycle than horns.

For one thing, you can easily mute PWI or move away from the ill lawn mower. You'll get horns in your face in two places whether you like it or not, and it's likely to contain a stupid, pointless and annoying message.
    [Retired from PWI]
  • SmifnWesson - Lost City
    SmifnWesson - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    the motorcyces look worse than they sound, why is there not a thread about how ugly they are, who cares what they sound like I can turn down the volume, its not like the ingame music/sounds are any good anyways.

and I dont know who was writing how they shouldnt be in a fantasy game like this but thats just foolish, how is a motorcycle any less deserving to fit that category than a flying neon las vegas sword, or sprouting wings, or gliding on a kite, or breakdancing, or teleporting, or eeek wearing designer fashion.....
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I can't believe more players have voted motorcycle than horns.

For one thing, you can easily mute PWI or move away from the ill lawn mower. You'll get horns in your face in two places whether you like it or not.

I need the sounds on for other things (triple spark has a nice telltale sound, very useful for PvP as well as other attacks or distant fighting sounds. Green dots only tell you a player is there, they dont give any indication of the players intent :P), the horns can be ignored considering how rare they are. However if the horns become as common as they were when released in the boutique, I will beat the living **** out of the PWE marketing team until they remove them.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I am uncertain how to respond to this, as the thread title and opening post clearly indicate that this poll is intended to compare two things: (1) horns, and (2) motorcycles.

I admit that a third option of "I view both with relatively the same amount of annoyance, within a 5% margin of error." makes sense, but I am unsure as to why you feel there should a 3rd option that you suggested.

Is the thread title unclear? Is the opening post somewhat ambiguous as to its intent? Why would you think there should be a third option as you had suggested, even though it is utterly irrelevant to the topic?

Please explain your logic.
    She's saying neither are annoying, and that people in this game will find a reason to complain, even if the plaintif benefits them. I.E. whiners who complain 2x ruin their TT profits. Everyone benefits from 2x but they find it an excuse to make more asinine banter about it.

Either that, or you's be trollin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I will beat the living **** out of the PWE marketing team until they remove them.

stop being an ******* without cause.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    She's saying neither are annoying, and that people in this game will find a reason to complain, even if the plaintif benefits them. I.E. whiners who complain 2x ruin their TT profits. Everyone benefits from 2x but they find it an excuse to make more asinine banter about it.

Either that, or you's be trollin.

On a "which is worse" question, the only grey area is "they are as bad as each other". There is no "neither are bad, wtf are you on about" its just not the point of the question. the question would be "Do either of these annoy you, or not?"
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    stop being an ******* without cause.

nonono, you see I have a cause: To be fair and reasonable to those who are fair and reasonable.

To everyone else, I will be a **** to the end b:cute
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    On a "which is worse" question, the only grey area is "they are as bad as each other". There is no "neither are bad, wtf are you on about" its just not the point of the question. the question would be "Do either of these annoy you, or not?"
    I can't tell if you're being serious or if you missed the troll's insinuation. She was taking a quip at how people make complaint threads over even the most trivial of matters.

edit: except in this case, all is forgiven because lady Lena-chan makes this archer's arrow fly straight with her math.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    nonono, you see I have a cause: To be fair and reasonable to those who are fair and reasonable.

To everyone else, I will be a **** to the end b:cute

and i didn't have cause by answer his question? and by the way, you were wrong, the scroll was used to be sent directly to the boss and clear the mobs, not just to open the door. Are you sure you know how to use google properly?
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    motorcycles in real life --- the kinds that attempt to sound like the stereotypical "harley", at least --- annoy the **** out of me with that stereotypical engine noise. burubble bubble bubble brubble puttering-noise-through-lips spittle-all-over-everywhere DUMB. internal combustion engines have no need to sound like that.

(the more reasonable kind of motorcycles, down the BMW/Honda lines of "let's just get this person with more money than sense down the road faster than they can control, with no extraneous fuss" design school, those i can tolerate much better.)

so if i played this game with sound enabled, and if the PWE sound effects people have tried to emulate that sort of engine noise with this mount, and if they've managed anything like a fair approximation of it --- then likely the sound of this mount would annoy the **** out of me in-game, too. i suddenly have no desire whatever to unmute the game and find out.

barring that, however, the horns are much harder for me to ignore and therefore more annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    and i didn't have cause by answer his question? and by the way, you were wrong, the scroll was used to be sent directly to the boss and clear the mobs, not just to open the door. Are you sure you know how to use google properly?

Wrong thread?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Take your horns, stuff them in your motorbikes, and shoot them all into the sun.

End of problem...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i still think horns are the more annoying ones ... i turn my volume down when im in town anyways, thats most likely when im going to hear a motorcycle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    on topic: Horns never annoyed me, they just take up a little room in the top corner of my screen and don't get in the way for me. Just the idea of motorcycles in this game annoys me, but not much. So i voted motorcycles anyway :/
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Neither annoy me anymore. Hardly anyone on my server uses horns often any more. (That craze is over with.)
    The motorcycles i could care less about, games always on mute.

Too much QQing for no reason. :/
    If you hate the noise it makes then get away from it.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Too much QQing for no reason. :/

My sig pretty much explains part of it.
    If you hate the noise it makes then get away from it.

There is absolutely NOTHING* that will get me to leave that little corner on the building where the North Archosaur banker is located. Been there for like forever and the bikes must gtfo if they're gonna wheeze all day long while idle.

*Technically, the only thing that could move me is an Archosaur revamp and that will most likely never happen.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well if your in a afk shop, why not just turn your volume off?
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Horns. The motorcycle with the lawn mower sound effects isn't as annoying as those damn horns.
  • Silent_Winds - Harshlands
    Silent_Winds - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I personally would have voted horns worse, except for the way that you worded the question, as to their availability. When horns first came out, having quickly been removed lol, they completely sucked, but I like the way they are doing them now, with one exception. That stupid extra chat box that they get that covers up everything from your genie to squad members has gotten in the way to the point of almost getting everyone killed too many times to count now. So PW keeps the annoying horns, that's survivable, just take away that other stupid chat box.

As for the motorcycles...I'll just say this...they totally don't fit in a fantasy world game, at least with the design that we have now.
  • Velven - Heavens Tear
    Velven - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    HORNS!!! I don't play with sound on really... the running sound effect annoys me most of all.
  • Judo_ - Sanctuary
    Judo_ - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I like the in game sounds, and the motorcycles kinda kill it for me--and I can always mute. But unfortunately black list gets full so I'm going to say horns for me. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zushie - Raging Tide
    Zushie - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Motorycles.
    I got really shocked when i saw one ingame for the first time. They're not supposed to be there!

1. They're ugly.
    2. They make annoying sounds.
    3. They dont fit in with the older mounts.

This is just my opinion tho...

Oh, and you FEED your motorcycle with water, cause it's HUNGRY....? o.O
    I've got demon blood in me,
    this disease pumping through my veins,
    and i can't ever rip it out or scrub it clean.
    I'm a whole new level of freak!
    b:laugh
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Neither. I play with sound effects off and I don't even know where my Horn Chat popup box is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Horns.

I'm always playing with sound turned off (really, neither music nor effects in PW are good enough to listen to them... I'd rather have a radio on) and usually have other players hidden while in cities (laaag), so I up untill now I think I've spoted a motorbike once - during the racing event.

Horns are another thing. You can run, you can't hide, you can't turn off the horns... @_@
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    They both annoy me.

Get rid of both of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • NianZu - Raging Tide
    NianZu - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    My game doesn't have sound since a few patches ago, but I never bothered with a solution...
    So, horns "annoys" me, I guess
  • Morell - Lost City
    Morell - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    well i dont ever turn the sound on in the game cuz i think all sounds and music suck (which i dont mind, meh) so i ll go with horns. horns haave always been annoying and always will be. ithe flashing huge letters distract me at the most inconvenient times. i also dont mind the horn as long as i see only 1-2 a day. and motorcycle just looks cool. i dont understand why people keep saying it ruins the old time feeling, as there has always been jeans and suits and many other modern fash items already.

so horns more annoying than motorcycles, since all sound suck anyway, not just the bike sound.