Annoyance: Horns vs. Motorcycle

13»

Comments

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I didn't think I would ever click on an option that wasn't horns, but here we have it....

Motorcycle. I love playing with sound effects on. Now I am forced to mute my sound in archosaur and sometimes even other cities because I am frequently assaulted by that horrible noise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Lainnie - Raging Tide
    Lainnie - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Sounds like a motorcycle engine starting off and stop and starting off again to me when it does get annoying after hearing it more often, horns don't annoy me so no issues with those.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I dont listend the music of PWi, I dont really like it...
    So... I vote horns
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Both are annoying but I hate the horns more because they pop up at the squad window while I'm healing. It's really frustrating and lame. The motorcycle annoys me just like the lighter shop - they look stupid in a Chinese themed game.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Where's the option for :

" People that complain Bikes don't fit the setting as they run around in schoolgirl and cheerleader outfits "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Which annoys you more:
    - The current implementation of Horns (that is, it's available in the Supply Stashes and nowhere else).
    - The presence of the Motorcycle (sound and the fact that it exists).
    - Most other players at large.

Ahem.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Originally Posted by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear View Post
    Which annoys you more:
    - The current implementation of Horns (that is, it's available in the Supply Stashes and nowhere else).
    - The presence of the Motorcycle (sound and the fact that it exists).
    - Most other players at large.
    Ahem.

I agree b:surrender. Though, idk why poeple listen to the music of pwi , it is horrible. Horns are not that bad...they only appear so rarely (well in RT, maybe in a place populated such as HT, well that might have a worse situation).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    who listens to pwi music o.o...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    lmao i havnt heard the motorcycles yet >.> i gotta go check it out when i get home b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Riyanna - Raging Tide
    Riyanna - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I used to say
    "Want to rent a dirt bike for instances. PM me offers"
    Because my cleric is slowwwwwwwwwwww. (Pain, I know)
    but now it's a reality..........
    Yeah, motorbikes.

Honestly, you get:
    -dragons
    -elves
    .. and other whole mythical thing.

Than all of a sudden, you hear this **** sound.
    Turns out to be something mechanical.
    NO THANKS PWI b:surrender
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I dont care about Motorcycles, i play with sounds of. I think Bulbfishes are way more annoying standing on top of NPCs. At least the Motorcycles wont fill up half my screen like a few other flying mounts/regular mounts.

Horns drives me crazy tho, that extra chatt box always pops up and makes me lag while doing something. With the skill bars, regular chats, personal PM, partymembers, genie, targets and the minimap its just not enough space on my screen for the horn to pop up without being annoying <.<
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    lmao i havnt heard the motorcycles yet >.> i gotta go check it out when i get home b:laugh

I guess I really have learned to tolerate them. They sound totally unimpressive and tired (quite the irony for an item that is supposed to be rowdy-manly... And yes, I guess I don't mind females having one either, even if I don't give much attention to the bikes and their owners overall). b:laugh
    That said, I turned the SFX volume off again after. So yeah, no problem at all.
    I dont care about Motorcycles, i play with sounds of. I think Bulbfishes are way more annoying standing on top of NPCs. At least the Motorcycles wont fill up half my screen like a few other flying mounts/regular mounts.

Horns drives me crazy tho, that extra chatt box always pops up and makes me lag while doing something. With the skill bars, regular chats, personal PM, partymembers, genie, targets and the minimap its just not enough space on my screen for the horn to pop up without being annoying <.<

Bulbfish? Each time I look at them they try to hypnotize me.
    No, I think the most annoying mount of them all are the lobsters, with their 'bewwwwwwwwwwwww leg'. No matter where you try to hide, their odd limb will pursue you... It's really shocking and amusing to consider they will pursue till the end of the earth. b:shocked

As for the horns, this addition to the UI cluttering could not have been worse than that. I wholeheartedly agree with you on that.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I used to say
    "Want to rent a dirt bike for instances. PM me offers"
    Because my cleric is slowwwwwwwwwwww. (Pain, I know)
    but now it's a reality..........
    Yeah, motorbikes.

Honestly, you get:
    -dragons
    -elves
    .. and other whole mythical thing.

Than all of a sudden, you hear this **** sound.
    Turns out to be something mechanical.
    NO THANKS PWI b:surrender

I found myself a +speed cape on AH for my Cleric. I tossed in a set of nubby low level boots with +speed as well. I'm at 5.1 m/s movement speed, plus I have a double holy path genie. I'm not slow no more. I just switch to my TT boots when I don't need to be light of foot.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Zolias - Raging Tide
    Zolias - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I hate the g*y farting sound of them irl and hate them the same in game. Whoever gets a motorcycle in a game with swords, dragons and magic is ret**ded.

So I guess that also includes Final Fantasy VII...?
    b:surrender I admit to feeding trolls. b:surrender

...however, in my defense, said food WAS poisoned! b:sin
  • eveile
    eveile Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    For me it is the Motorcycles... I play with sounds but have yet to hear one, Of course my real pet-peeve is which 5yr old got their way with the motorcycles. A 'time glitch'? Really PW? For freaking real? That was your best way to get a futuristic piece of Machinery into PWI? SSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this means we will be seeing gas-pumps in every city? NO? Why not? Motorcycles need gas to go vroom-vroom... Veno's pets need food to 'operate properly' (not really but for full benefits yes they need food'. BUT wait!!! You mean a tank of gas will be the price of a piece of gold? You can keep the bike. Why not a Bicycle?....... a motorcycle? for real? b:angry

I detest the motorcycles they ruin the whole atmosphere of the game. It was supposed to be about mythical creatures and magic and ancient Chinese folk lore. What next taxis and Buses?
    What about jets... The music in the background and the stupid sound of a motorcycle over rides it.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    eveile wrote: »
    I detest the motorcycles they ruin the whole atmosphere of the game. It was supposed to be about mythical creatures and magic and ancient Chinese folk lore. What next taxis and Buses?
    What about jets... The music in the background and the stupid sound of a motorcycle over rides it.

What about Bikini's? or School Girl/Cheerleader fashion? Pimp suits?

Yeah...where was your lore back when all that **** got added?
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Ecclectic - Dreamweaver
    Ecclectic - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The Horns are more annoying. Right up there with all that red system text that has absolutely nothing to do with anything related to me.

At least I can escape the motorcycles by leaving Archosaur.
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I still do not see the problem with the motorcycle asides from the sound it makes (which you can easily eliminate via game settings).

A lot of fashion items are "modern-looking" and horns just takes it to another level by being a mount. b:surrender

Horns are more annoying when it covers my HP bar at times or my squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]