Annoyance: Horns vs. Motorcycle

Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
Which annoys you more:
- The current implementation of Horns (that is, it's available in the Supply Stashes and nowhere else).
- The presence of the Motorcycle (sound and the fact that it exists).
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    /inb4poll

Motorcycles. They are messing up the music I`m listening to and I want to hear PWI's sounds as well so turning the volume down is not an option.

Horns are just chat messages so they don't bother me at all.
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    /inb4poll

Motorcycles. They are messing up the music I`m listening to and I want to hear PWI's sounds as well so turning the volume down is not an option.

Horns are just chat messages so they don't bother me at all.

^^ This, for exactly the same reasons. - the /inb4poll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KillinEye - Sanctuary
    KillinEye - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Motorcycles. Not because of the fact that it might ruin the game's setting, but merely because of the dammn sounds. It is really annoying and doesn't even sound like any good motorcycle I'd know off.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    horns, but this may be because i always play with sounds turned off. if i had to hear the motorcycles as well as see those eyesores, that might be enough to turn the balance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I hate the g*y farting sound of them irl and hate them the same in game. Whoever gets a motorcycle in a game with swords, dragons and magic is ret**ded.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If they took the annoying idle sound that the motorcycle does, I wouldn't care, it's annoying hearing it "****" every few seconds, horns wouldn't bother me if they took out that stupid pointless box and for all the other pointless moaners out there, made it available to block the horns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Poll needs "horns in my convo / noise pollution" option.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    horns appear and vanish in 5 secs...
    Motorbikes will be there for ever... But i hope not.
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I have the box for horns moved to behind the system buttons, so it's not in my way. And the chats themselves aren't used often enough to be too large of an annoyance to me.

The motorcycles, on the other hand, are a pain to see and hear. Considering I have in-game sounds up so I can hear when someone's channeling/casting something against me or can hear status ailments without having to actually see them go off, it's a bit of a royal pain to listen to the bikes whenever one's nearby.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Motorcycles cannot follow me into dungeons -.-"
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Shingetsuka - Dreamweaver
    Shingetsuka - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Motorcycles. By a mile. X_X
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Where's the vote option for "They both annoy me the same"? That's what I would pick.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    At this moment I would say motorcycles. Horns aren't used much since they only come from supply stash.

I should try to do what truekossy does... move it behind the system buttons lol ._."

Anyway.. voting for the motorcycles. The noise is WAY annoying...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    /inb4poll

What does this even mean?
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    I have the box for horns moved to behind the system buttons, so it's not in my way. And the chats themselves aren't used often enough to be too large of an annoyance to me.

The motorcycles, on the other hand, are a pain to see and hear. Considering I have in-game sounds up so I can hear when someone's channeling/casting something against me or can hear status ailments without having to actually see them go off, it's a bit of a royal pain to listen to the bikes whenever one's nearby.

This person explained my thoughts exactly. b:victory
    Something dumb someone who lives on the internet came up with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2011

That I was pretty suspicious that there will be a poll and I made my post before it. b:avoid
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Horns.

I play with sounds off outside dungeons so I can listen to music. For the looks of them, meh, the fact that there's a bike in my game really doesn't bother me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    - Horns tick me off to no end. As soon as I see one, I move the window to the upper right corner and resume my activities of harvesting, semi-afk flying or fighting. It's a pain that the window position is reset each time though.

- Motorcycles earned a fast tolerance from my part. I don't like them and I will never have one, but seeing them after a long period of seeing things this way:

'!
    What is that thing!

(one half-second passes)

Oh, it's just a motorbike. *shrugs and leaves*'

As I play in lowest settings, I generally don't see them too often. What tends to bug me more is when I am close to a gryphon. Their wings are too bright for my taste.
    Well, to tell the truth, I play in lowest settings because I have to and I muted all music and sound... A few reasons for that include the annoying Archosaur theme and tiger true form step noises.

And so in terms of annoyance, horns win by default. And whoever opened stashes just for those... Well, *shrugs*
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    - Horns tick me off to no end. As soon as I see one, I move the window to the upper right corner and resume my activities of harvesting, semi-afk flying or fighting. It's a pain that the window position is reset each time though.

something's weird with your UI. the horn channel window stays put in the upper left of my screen, on top of the mostly useless character info window, where i've long ago put it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    something's weird with your UI. the horn channel window stays put in the upper left of my screen, on top of the mostly useless character info window, where i've long ago put it.

I see. Thanks.
    *Now going for game verification. Please wait*
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I hate horns because of one reason, they all contain content like this:
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/DScythe99/2011-05-0623-19-27.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    GriffinJ - Harshlands Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    For me it is the Motorcycles... I play with sounds but have yet to hear one, Of course my real pet-peeve is which 5yr old got their way with the motorcycles. A 'time glitch'? Really PW? For freaking real? That was your best way to get a futuristic piece of Machinery into PWI? SSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this means we will be seeing gas-pumps in every city? NO? Why not? Motorcycles need gas to go vroom-vroom... Veno's pets need food to 'operate properly' (not really but for full benefits yes they need food'. BUT wait!!! You mean a tank of gas will be the price of a piece of gold? You can keep the bike. Why not a Bicycle?....... a motorcycle? for real? b:angry
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    For me it is the Motorcycles... I play with sounds but have yet to hear one, Of course my real pet-peeve is which 5yr old got their way with the motorcycles. A 'time glitch'? Really PW? For freaking real? That was your best way to get a futuristic piece of Machinery into PWI? SSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this means we will be seeing gas-pumps in every city? NO? Why not? Motorcycles need gas to go vroom-vroom... Veno's pets need food to 'operate properly' (not really but for full benefits yes they need food'. BUT wait!!! You mean a tank of gas will be the price of a piece of gold? You can keep the bike. Why not a Bicycle?....... a motorcycle? for real? b:angry

They basically go on a monotonous, unimpressive 'vrrrr~ putt putt' a few times before a pause and that is all. Of course they don't have any idle animation. Still... Booooooooooooooooorn to be wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllddddd~!

Gas pumps? No need, just fill these toys... I mean trade-of-the-art machines with pure water... ergh, I mean super fuel ersatz to make it work. And who cares if venoes feed their pets with that... It's universal energy in a bottle!!

(Of course I was not serious in all this post).
  • Ghymini - Dreamweaver
    Ghymini - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I hate the g*y farting sound of them irl and hate them the same in game. Whoever gets a motorcycle in a game with swords, dragons and magic is ret**ded.

I assure you that as a "g*y" man I do not **** like that lame PWI motorcycle. Just so ya know. b:laugh
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    the horns aren't annoying at all
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Stressedout - Dreamweaver
    Stressedout - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Horns, easily.

Motorcycles don't block part of my screen while fighting mobs/bosses etc, & IMO are much easier to ignore. Although I highly dislike the idea of the motorcycles being in game at all as well.
    frankieraye

Oh the snowmen are coming, don't you worry..
  • Ashai - Dreamweaver
    Ashai - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Motorcycles because of the little pfft pfft noise they make. At least the horns are temporary.
  • Burningalpha - Lost City
    Burningalpha - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    the cycles annoy me the horns annoy me to but more motors the are worse ijs
    Lost City: The heart and soul of hatred, pvp, and the worlds worst merchant.
    Burningalpha/psy/100r
    Typhlosions: Seeker/87r
    /\polllo/Sin/96
    (instertnamehere)/Archer/96
    (insertnamehere)/Cleric/93
    "I'm hell bent on reviving Niravana" Aps
  • CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Where is the option for "Neither, people on this game just like to whine and cry too much"?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Where is the option for "Neither, people on this game just like to whine and cry too much"?

You have never stood next to one of those ****ing bikes with the sound on for more than 5 minutes have you? We might complain too much, but some of the things we complain about are perfectly valid complaints.