:O omg i said it

Options

Comments

• Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

+1 this guy understands

Yeah and that's why a lot of certain chinese MMORPGs have leveling services to 'power' level you. b:laugh

Only diff in here is: People pay coin to power level not real money. Maybe you haven't heard of CASUAL GAMING there is a new one for you. People who are TIME POOR but MONETARY RICH can make great use the ingame's services and it benefits everyone. Everyone always needs coin. That's the way it rolls.

No one EVER wants to wait around anyway. I could bring up an old argument we had in a game called 'Majormud' there were the scripters and the non-scripters. Non-scripters played without the use of an automated client and scripters played with Megamud. But server operators created servers opposingly.

Also people are spending real cash if they're training up alts and or they've spent cash somewhere and that's another valid point. You'd have to remove the cash shop to remove the leveling and even then people would just do daily quests. So you're backing yourself into a corner if you say "I hate power leveling!"
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • AnnaKazami - Lost City
    AnnaKazami - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I remember when there were 2 dailies: Crazy Stone and World Quest. WC would be filled with people offering to help with fb's. And there was no autopath. People that learned to play during those days know the whole map like the back of their hand, because they had to. That was the standard back in the day.

The standard has changed many times with the introduction of things such as autopath, hypers, bh, frost, etc... So imo it's not really the new players' fault, they simply look at what's going on around them and follow suit.

Also as many others in this thread have said, you play your own style game. If you want to take it slow and enjoy the game to its' fullest extent, that's your right and there's nothing wrong with that.

I have 2 venos, 2 clerics, 3 archers, a sin, a barb, a seeker ofc, and others... at times I do a bit of powerleveling simply because after doing it 10 times it does get boring... but then I take a while and don't powerlevel, just play the game normally, run some instances, help some people out, whatever... this is my style and it's what works for me.

So I agree and disagree with OP but I do miss the way the game used to be back in the old days... hell, I guess I'm old fashioned too. b:chuckle

Edit: And please don't chastise me for (obviously) posting from an alt, thanks =D
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I remember when there were 2 dailies: Crazy Stone and World Quest. WC would be filled with people offering to help with fb's. And there was no autopath. People that learned to play during those days know the whole map like the back of their hand, because they had to. That was the standard back in the day.

The standard has changed many times with the introduction of things such as autopath, hypers, bh, frost, etc... So imo it's not really the new players' fault, they simply look at what's going on around them and follow suit.

Also as many others in this thread have said, you play your own style game. If you want to take it slow and enjoy the game to its' fullest extent, that's your right and there's nothing wrong with that.

I have 2 venos, 2 clerics, 3 archers, a sin, a barb, a seeker ofc, and others... at times I do a bit of powerleveling simply because after doing it 10 times it does get boring... but then I take a while and don't powerlevel, just play the game normally, run some instances, help some people out, whatever... this is my style and it's what works for me.

So I agree and disagree with OP but I do miss the way the game used to be back in the old days... hell, I guess I'm old fashioned too. b:chuckle

Edit: And please don't chastise me for (obviously) posting from an alt, thanks =D

zomg do you even have a Main? :O b:chuckle
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • AnnaKazami - Lost City
    AnnaKazami - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    zomg do you even have a Main? :O b:chuckle

Depends on how you define main I guess... To me I do. Several actually... By the majority standard nowadays? No, because none are lvl 101 r9 +10 b:chuckle
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

+1 this guy understands

Oh and another thing while I'm on the topic of 'informatiion' the Encyclopedia is a pretty big improvement from when I played PW MY back in 2008. Its (The Encyclopedia) recommending what gear to wear, where to go, what to kill, what to do at each differrent level. Compared to when we first started a lot of it was via talking to other people ingame the ingame information revolution is changing the player experience as well.

I think I mentioned this in one of my earlier posts, about how we really only had pwdatabase.com back in 2009 and even then not many people knew about it and there was a bit of a migration from PW MY to here as well, and of course where older players go newer understanding follows.

The biggest if any change was hypers in Malaysia and they only got them last year. You guys have had hypers for a very long time, so its been fairly in the face of it all. A lot MY players were pretty "Damn its killing the leveling/game/whatever" but you just go with the zeitgeist with the times.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I've done every single quest my barb can do up to level 101...I don't give two craps to do it again just so someone thinks that doing so means I "know" how to play any of my alts.....
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • SmifnWesson - Lost City
    SmifnWesson - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If you don't have time to play then why do u play it <.< you obv found time in your busy schedule to "whine" yourself haven't you b:pleased

So you agree then that spending hours doing something unproductive is worthwhile? Either you have no responsibilities, or are lifeless.....not saying that anyone who "games" hardcore is, but if you cannot get what I laid down, and understand it, and then on top of it, say that I was whining, then nothing I say will matter because you will not understand anyways.
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I would rather not spend a life time leveling alts up when I can level them up easily and learn to play them in a few weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well this thread is growing bigger than i thought it would...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Kreuz - Raging Tide
    Kreuz - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It seems like that some people only accept their way of playing a game as the only right and fun one. I really can't understand this.

Btw. i enjoy it to level fast and get fast money so obv. i do a lot of FC when i am on alt and alot TT/Nirvana on my main. Thats my way of having fun in a game~
  • Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    Sverdet - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I never plvl'd my main. But this alt, Seeker, I did plvl twice. Once to hurry up and get the 20x3 for Wraithgate out of the way (I was in the 64-69 range at the time). Then again when I had the lvl 75 FF quests.

I personally don't see anything wrong with plvling, as long as you've played before and are not new to the game (as others have stated). Before plvling this alt, I did take the time to do the Earthguard quests and check out the whole area. So, I did learn how to play my Seeker before plvling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sverdet ~ Lvl 100 Seeker; Rank 8
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    <~~ 100% old school leveled here =D

Took me about year (a little more) to attain level 100!
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well this is growing bigger than i thought it would...

Fixed so I can say "That's what she said" b:chuckle
  • Reimari - Heavens Tear
    Reimari - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Fixed so I can say "That's what she said" b:chuckle

LMAOb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:heartSig by the Beautiful Dorsetb:heart
    ♪Take off your skin and dance with me
    cut out your tongue and sing for me
    I know that you'd do anything
    just to sink your teeth right into me♪
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ROFL he made a funny. and it was much appreciated XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I quest and CS until 35, then I oracle to 40, BH to 41, Do the TB quests to get to 45-46. Then I BH and CS untill 51. TB quests again till 52-53 Then I BH and CS from there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • tidustheswordwarrior
    tidustheswordwarrior Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ive been old school since i first came to pwi, i earned my money through hard work by doing the quests, selling stuff in auction and npc the drops i get. plvling is alright as long as your at the required lvl to do it, like those that are lvl 80+ since its hard to lvl within tht lvl range. ive never plvled till i got some hyper stones from a friends wedding i was in and i havent done plvling since then. But if you're going to be doing power lvling, i recommend ppl doing it when you have nothin else to do. yea sure the low lvl quests can get rather dull after doing them over and over and over again, but does it help ppl understand where things are to those who have never been on pwi and is their first time being in here? And when it comes to grinding, the reason why most dont like it too well is cause they're not grinding mobs that drop drops that much. im sure theres grinding spots that give out good drops, but heres the thing find a spot that gives a good rate of drops and adjust acoordingly with your lvl. you might have to relocate spots cause of the higher lvl you get. Plus id have to agree with most ppl that are saying that most players are asking for power lvling or are doing power lvling services when the players from lower lvls are trying to work hard and get some of the things that are needed to advance on in the game. (ex: TT mats, clerics for bhs) not to mention that the mystics are mostly taking the spot of the cleric cause they arent around when they are needed even though the real players still prefer clerics over mystics. well this is all ive got to say at this time, i hope ppl will like reading this as much as i like writing it up b:surrenderb:byeb:victory

• Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I would have to agree with you Dorset, tho it's not like i'm go try strangling everyone who does power lvl. Or go all mad crazy gangsta up in there grill yo....yeah what rofl.

I just find it less fun to power lvl, unless of course it's your 4th or 5th character where all the questing just gets too boring to redue multiple times. Even tho to be honest after receiving your bh29...you have no real need to do quests any more other then for the rep you get from them and the coin. :/ I stopped questing on my psyc when i hit 70ish.
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I leveled both of my first main characters legitmately since 2008. And to be honest, if I had power leveled my cleric I would not be good at it at all. Same with my veno, even if they are a simpler class (less stressful too lol).

I fully intend to level my Earthguard here the right way. Funny thing was when I had my FB39 a few days ago, I world chatted for a squad to help me out (didn't feel like soloing with my veno, it's boring lol). First two whispers were people offering to help. And the third, was some guy trying to friend me so he could powerlevel me. I mean really? It's bad enough these greedy **** have to WC offering their services for 1mil a run in FF. I don't need you whispering me like you'll do the same for me. What if I don't want it? XD

I dunno, it just... makes me sad. You're definitely not alone, OP. I may be old fashioned as well but... I remember the old days when you know... you actually had to work for your levels. I fully enjoy doing FF runs as a squad though. I just don't see any fun having someone run it for me. You don't learn anything that way. :/ It's no wonder there are tales of fail clerics and such out there lol... it's probably because some of them haven't fully learned their class properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • unnknow
    unnknow Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I leveled both of my first main characters legitmately since 2008. And to be honest, if I had power leveled my cleric I would not be good at it at all. Same with my veno, even if they are a simpler class (less stressful too lol).

I fully intend to level my Earthguard here the right way. Funny thing was when I had my FB39 a few days ago, I world chatted for a squad to help me out (didn't feel like soloing with my veno, it's boring lol). First two whispers were people offering to help. And the third, was some guy trying to friend me so he could powerlevel me. I mean really? It's bad enough these greedy **** have to WC offering their services for 1mil a run in FF. I don't need you whispering me like you'll do the same for me. What if I don't want it? XD

I dunno, it just... makes me sad. You're definitely not alone, OP. I may be old fashioned as well but... I remember the old days when you know... you actually had to work for your levels. I fully enjoy doing FF runs as a squad though. I just don't see any fun having someone run it for me. You don't learn anything that way. :/ It's no wonder there are tales of fail clerics and such out there lol... it's probably because some of them haven't fully learned their class properly.

agree,people turned into lazy bztards who just charge zen and lvl to 100.hearing excuses like ''boo,i got a lvl 100 char but i want to test x class at lvl 100'' are just pathetic.if someone wants to test a class,play the whole damn lvls and dont throw lame excuses at us.
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hydrolace wrote: »
    This, is an extremely good point. A lot of people say bh/cs is "old school" but zhenning, that is truly old school leveling.
    I remember doing rebirth gamma for days just to hit 89, then leveling my nix up and searching for zhenners to crash.

I remember when crazy stone was considered power leveling.. ha.
    truekossy wrote: »
    This is very true. I've seen people talk about BHs as old-school when, in reality, there was a time when we didn't even know how to do rebith and zhenning on EXP scrolls was as amazing as it could get.

Or being an archer grinding fishies in sea of isolation until you hit 89, then grinded in Heaven/Hell, then got your TT90 fish armor as your totally awesome proof of being a high level.

Oh wow! Someone here remembers that! I used to do both butterflies and fishing. I kind of miss those days sometimes. People act like BH is slow but... Jesus no. XD When BH first came out I was amazed how quickly it levels you. Especially a low level character. To me BH is almost like Power leveling in and of itself. These paid FF runs are just the same except extreme.

I do have to ask why people power level at all. I mean I understand it but... if it's for testing purposes (wether that means testing builds, gear, etc), why not find some fake server and dabble with it there where you level to 100 in a matter of minutes? lol...

The whole reason I hated fake servers (and I did try a few once), is because there is no journey. Even as many times as I've played my other characters through their quests and such, I don't mind it at all. It gives me time to learn my new class. I give you kudos if you power level and are still magnificent at your new alt's class, but for me, I like to feel things out as I go I guess.

Though if I started a new toon of the same classes I've already mastered, I could understand powerleveling in that case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sure, starting lvl 70 and up, bh pays less, so does crazy stone (% of exp wise) but till then I don't see why anyone would put millions of dollars to powerlevel..

1-30 : Not long really. If you go do all the quests + those inthe new area, you can start your archosaur journey at lvl 29 or so.

30-40 : Not that bad really, crazy stone pays well, divine contracts too.

40-45 : A matter of a few hours with tideborn and bh (And u get money from tideborn instead of spending)

45-50 : Bh, crazy stone still pays ok and if u are around same level as ur quest mobs, that too.

50 : The "hidden" scarlet door quest at 1k pays good at that level and risk free

51 : 2nd part of tideborn + bh + cs will bump you up

60-70 : Bh still pays good, cs not too bad, blue and purple divines too. End of tideborn.

70+ : Everything seems to start pay less for sure (still % wise), but u already have 3/4 of your levels gained...

Some things I didn't even mention.. Gamma and such for those who like it.. Phoenix valley with a good squad. Cube of Fate if you are lucky. On a lvl 65 char, finishing it gives around 50% of your required exp to lvl, on a level 90+ it's a good 1 million exp and 220k spirit per day and if real lucky, at barely no cost and done under 30 mins. (with the nice addition of the Page of fate u can sell 300-400k, or save up to make ur own books and not pay for them)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I gotten to level 50-54 in about 6-8 hours on different toons.
    I used to level characters out of boredom then transfer the TB quests money earned to my main. (The whole quest earns you around 1mil-1.3mil.) :D
  • unnknow
    unnknow Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I gotten to level 50-54 in about 6-8 hours on different toons.
    I used to level characters out of boredom then transfer the TB quests money earned to my main. (The whole quest earns you around 1mil-1.3mil.) :D

you got to 50 in 6 hours?hard to believe,unless you plvld.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sure, starting lvl 70 and up, bh pays less, so does crazy stone (% of exp wise) but till then I don't see why anyone would put millions of dollars to powerlevel..

1-30 : Not long really. If you go do all the quests + those inthe new area, you can start your archosaur journey at lvl 29 or so.

30-40 : Not that bad really, crazy stone pays well, divine contracts too.

40-45 : A matter of a few hours with tideborn and bh (And u get money from tideborn instead of spending)

45-50 : Bh, crazy stone still pays ok and if u are around same level as ur quest mobs, that too.

50 : The "hidden" scarlet door quest at 1k pays good at that level and risk free

51 : 2nd part of tideborn + bh + cs will bump you up

60-70 : Bh still pays good, cs not too bad, blue and purple divines too. End of tideborn.

70+ : Everything seems to start pay less for sure (still % wise), but u already have 3/4 of your levels gained...

Some things I didn't even mention.. Gamma and such for those who like it.. Phoenix valley with a good squad. Cube of Fate if you are lucky. On a lvl 65 char, finishing it gives around 50% of your required exp to lvl, on a level 90+ it's a good 1 million exp and 220k spirit per day and if real lucky, at barely no cost and done under 30 mins. (with the nice addition of the Page of fate u can sell 300-400k, or save up to make ur own books and not pay for them)

I can do 1-22 in a day on most classes, barbs are the exception. 22-30 in another day, most of the time. Though, I did go from 22-64 on my Archer in ~5 days, doing nothing but quests. No Oracles, no FCC, no Scarlet Fruit, no hypers, no BH's, just quests.

My Barb... Eh, I'm lucky to get a level in a day. Don't play much anyway, though.

My highest is 90, and I've been playing, on and off, since 2008. So... No, never really power leveled. I've hypered a few levels when I ran out of quests, but I've never done alt FCC, or anything like that. >_> Sin is being leveled mostly on BH's, I don't bother with CS because it's a money pit, and I can't justify the cost of it vs the measly exp earned. If it gave a set percentage value for your level, then I'd be fine shelling out the stupid amounts of coin for it at level 80 or 90. I do it in the 30's, and that's it, and usually only when I get the appropriate shards (or one or two of them), as drops.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    unnknow wrote: »
    you got to 50 in 6 hours?hard to believe,unless you plvld.

Closer to 8 I would say, and not consecutive..

Lvl 40-55 goes pretty fast I will agree on that.

BH is qingzi, don't tell me takes 1 hour to kill him each day ?

With a good squad, u can probably start crazy stone, stone in, and go pick reward on way out. Around 1/2 a level (and more if stacked) in less then 15-20 mins...

Mix that with the 6-7 levels or so Tideborn gives you in 2 hours or less (counting both the lvl 40 and lvl 50 chain)

Maybe she did it on 2x exp though, but I "think" I did 1-30 on my seeker under 3 hours. Leaves 5 .. And now u get 4 oracles in lvl 35 chest (if I recall well) that also helps.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't bother with CS because it's a money pit, and I can't justify the cost of it vs the measly exp earned. If it gave a set percentage value for your level, then I'd be fine shelling out the stupid amounts of coin for it at level 80 or 90. s.

It does give me a set % at my level...71 500 cost for 1.2% exp b:chuckle

So around 7 millions if I would want to level just off cs...

I mostly skip it on this char now, I do it if I happen to be in arch back from a bh with a few good drops...b:surrender
  • SynfulDream - Dreamweaver
    SynfulDream - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I Dislike Plvling and i Dislike the fact that people would preffer to do that than actually lvl their chars legitimatly. Maybe im just old School, but the whole thing feels like cheating, whether you can create a char as good as a non plvld one or not.

Back in the Day...

That is all.
    Just wondering if there is anyone out there who still shares my opinion.....or does this make me Old fashioned XD

I do! I do! Even before I found out how frowned upon it is, I thought it would really take away some of the fun or I wouldn't learn as much. Beesides-what happens when you've rushed head-long into and through the game and have reached the end? Then what do you do? LOL Now, I do realize that would take several years from what I've been reading but personally, I'm gonna sit back [ha!] and enjoy the journey
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I do! I do! Even before I found out how frowned upon it is, I thought it would really take away some of the fun or I wouldn't learn as much. Beesides-what happens when you've rushed head-long into and through the game and have reached the end? Then what do you do? LOL Now, I do realize that would take several years from what I've been reading but personally, I'm gonna sit back [ha!] and enjoy the journey

nice necro -.-; b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • _Felicity_ - Raging Tide
    _Felicity_ - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I never really had too much of an issue with others power-leveling until I was in an instance with a high-level sin who said she didn't know what she was doing because she power-leveled her way to 100...
This discussion has been closed.