:O omg i said it

Dorset - Heavens Tear
Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
I Dislike Plvling and i Dislike the fact that people would preffer to do that than actually lvl their chars legitimatly. Maybe im just old School, but the whole thing feels like cheating, whether you can create a char as good as a non plvld one or not.

Back in the Day...

That is all.
Just wondering if there is anyone out there who still shares my opinion.....or does this make me Old fashioned XD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
Post edited by Dorset - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    < leveling his cleric the old way. Damn I need tons of spirit for my skills b:sad
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    b:chuckle Gratz on leveling the Old way though. Every cleric needs loads of spirit for their skills its just one of those anoying things lol

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
  • BaconBong - Lost City
    BaconBong - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm powerleveling my other chars cus I hate going through the same 20-50 low level quests over and over.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Eff b!tches, get $$$" --Mohatma Ghandi
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Totally agree....

I never hypered any char, and it sucke to see ppl selling heads in WC.

Where's the fun?

( not to mention we get to deal with plvld noobs in squads )
    edited May 2011
    I only hate people selling FC heads because I`m forced to play with noobs after that...
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Plvld noobs in squad irritate me....especially with the "i think i play just as good as a regular leveled char. i STUDIED my class" and i dnt think its an excuse botu the low lvl Quests. my fac wanted me to Plvl a cleric so i could heal for then i went through once then had to delete the char out of pure disgust. You can lvl to 60 in a week if you put your mind to it without Plvling. 1-30 is a peice of **** (a.e easy)

yup guys imma back!

• ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    leveled all my chars with quests etc. went to fc at lvl83 once (to try it out) and then again only at lvl85
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    WTS Heads 500k. Any takers?
    edited May 2011
    Plvld noobs in squad irritate me....especially with the "i think i play just as good as a regular leveled char. i STUDIED my class"

-"I know how to play my char, don't worry I have 100 -insert class here-"
    1 minute later in the instance
    -"Cleric heal heal heal"
    -"Cleric rez rez rez"
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    FacePalm. im lvl 83 and been in FF 2 times on this char. once to get quests outa my QL and once for fun. dont plan on goign in again those 4 hrs were kinda a waste ...and my arow supply took a hit

yup guys imma back!

• ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    FacePalm. im lvl 83 and been in FF 2 times on this char. once to get quests outa my QL and once for fun. dont plan on goign in again those 4 hrs were kinda a waste ...and my arow supply took a hit

same here, didnt even hyper. and all ohers in squad been really..REALLY REALLY FAIL. and even if you try to explain them ...emm..."dont tell me how to play my class"
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I have to agree and disagree in some ways.

True, powerlevel is a bad thing. But to be honest, why waste weeks in questing around with a char? If you played one character to 100 the normal way, you are good enough to know the game. You should be allowed to powerlevel. As I would NEVER play a character up to 90 again only doing those pointless grinding quests. After your alt reached 90+, you get some decent gear, and learn how to play. Not like this game is any hard to learn. I learned how to be an archer in about 15 minutes. Ask Grim ^_^.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    I miss the days when 80 was such a big deal that people got World Chat shoutouts for turning 80...cause it used to be an acheivment. Unbeleivable but true

yup guys imma back!

• Dakuken - Dreamweaver
    Dakuken - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I power leveled this BM. I quested to level 20, flew my *** to FC and lived there. I'm good at my class, I can stunlock like a beast, I know when to use what weapon and I have super awesome red eyes. Deal with it b:cool

No but really most power levelers suck, they have no clue how to play their class which annoys me. I don't care how you level, just as long as you know what the **** you're doing. If you wanna level old school, do ever quest, zhen, grind, and Rebirth for your levels then go for it. If you alt FC for your levels then you damn well better learn what the **** you're doing before you ask to join my squads.

Also.. yeah.. I remember when I first got Demon on my Cleric, before hypers were out. It was a freaking amazing feeling to have accomplished that because it was pretty much end game. Now when you see someone hit 100.. it's just not even worth the 10k to world chat it.

• Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    I have to agree and disagree in some ways.

True, powerlevel is a bad thing. But to be honest, why waste weeks in questing around with a char? If you played one character to 100 the normal way, you are good enough to know the game. You should be allowed to powerlevel. As I would NEVER play a character up to 90 again only doing those pointless grinding quests. After your alt reached 90+, you get some decent gear, and learn how to play. Not like this game is any hard to learn. I learned how to be an archer in about 15 minutes. Ask Grim ^_^.

Hey Kas XD Im not saying that NO decent players can be produced. But i just think if you havnt lvld a class the legitimate way then you shouldnt plvl at all. Its cheating in my opinion. And i was taught that cheating is wrong. Like i said though Maybe i am just terribly old fashioned. x x

Plus for every 1 DECENT player that plvls an alt, theres ten sh1tty players who cant tell their *** from their Elbow at lvl 100

yup guys imma back!

• Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Hey Kas XD Im not saying that NO decent players can be produced. But i just think if you havnt lvld a class the legitimate way then you shouldnt plvl at all. Its cheating in my opinion. And i was taught that cheating is wrong. Like i said though Maybe i am just terribly old fashioned. x x

Plus for every 1 DECENT player that plvls an alt, theres ten sh1tty players who cant tell their *** from their Elbow at lvl 100

Well from your OP I read that you do not want any powerleveing at all. I agree though that new players really should not be doing it. But other then that, powerleveling alts if you are pro with your main is totally ok.

Edit: Dorseeeet *dances* how ish you doing? <)^.^<) b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Yeah i dont like Plvling at all whether somebody can play their plvld char well or not it doesnt really make a differance or not to me im still dissapointed when somebody says "well i plvld this char" , Why is it acceptable to Plvl an alt either? i dont think it is and i have a LOT of alts

yup guys imma back!

• SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I have nothing against powerlevelling as long as these players known what they're doing.

For Example,if you're a lv.95 Cleric and its your first time in FCC(e.g. using a friend's account),and you barely known where IH is on your shortcut.......SAY IT,don't wait the first squad wipe to *inform* us that you are total newbie,SAY at START and MAYBE the squad may be willing to teach you how to do it.If you get in a squad pretending to known how to play when you clearly don't and cause an epic squad wipe,don't get surprised if I kick your *** out of my squad.
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    <---- lvling the old way for the moment... only having help of high lvl friends to kill certain bosses but i prefer to take part of the action than just see someone else do things for me.. I know it may take a lot of time for me to reach 80+ or 90+ but what the hell.. so far i m having a lot of fun..
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Yeah i dont like Plvling at all whether somebody can play their plvld char well or not it doesnt really make a differance or not to me im still dissapointed when somebody says "well i plvld this char" , Why is it acceptable to Plvl an alt either? i dont think it is and i have a LOT of alts

Well think again. If you take 3~5 months to painfully level up your cleric, will you still enjoy playing her? I mean by normally leveling up a character you don't only use time, but also money. True, you have to pay people and stuff. But all those hours it takes to grind could be farmed on your main instead. You should see plvling as a good thing for yourself. If you farm enough on your main, you get a free ticket to get an alt to a decent level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    o.O why even care?

I powerlvled my seeker, and powerlvling my psy atm. Does it make me a noob?

Those who powerlvl are often alts, or ppl that gonna quit once reaching 100s. Lvled 1 toon "legit" way to 100, lvled 2 90+ (this sin and cleric 93) in a semi-legit way doing bh and fcc, not all quests, no fcc before 80s. I also got a bunch of toons I lvled "legitly" to 70s.

I think there is a big difference between those who powerlvl their main and have no idea what they are doing, and those who powerlvl an alt just to skip a serie of quests they've already done. There are a lot off ppl that make an alt just for a specific instance. I know someone with a special gamma wizzie.

To keep it short, everyone does what he likes, and how he likes to do it. It's a game, as long as I am not forced to squad with them, I don't care. And if I want my archer to hit lvl 90 within 3 weeks for w/e reason, I open exp room for him with my sin, bp my seeker and clean that room and heads with x12 for my lvl10 archer to get to 40 within 10min. I don't see why you'd even care.
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    i just think that cause of Plvling more than ever high lvl does not equal skill, or respect, or even somebody who has put effort into their char. Regardless of how well somebody plays their char, plvling is like saying you have run a marathon, when in actuality you took a taxi to the end instead of running.

yup guys imma back!

• Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    o.O why even care?

(...) I don't see why you'd even care.

You are right maybe i shouldnt care. *shrugs* but it still bothers me anyways ROFL

yup guys imma back!

• Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    o.O why even care?

I powerlvled my seeker, and powerlvling my psy atm. Does it make me a noob?

Those who powerlvl are often alts, or ppl that gonna quit once reaching 100s. Lvled 1 toon "legit" way to 100, lvled 2 90+ (this sin and cleric 93) in a semi-legit way doing bh and fcc, not all quests, no fcc before 80s. I also got a bunch of toons I lvled "legitly" to 70s.

I think there is a big difference between those who powerlvl their main and have no idea what they are doing, and those who powerlvl an alt just to skip a serie of quests they've already done. There are a lot off ppl that make an alt just for a specific instance. I know someone with a special gamma wizzie.

To keep it short, everyone does what he likes, and how he likes to do it. It's a game, as long as I am not forced to squad with them, I don't care. And if I want my archer to hit lvl 90 within 3 weeks for w/e reason, I open exp room for him with my sin, bp my seeker and clean that room and heads with x12 for my lvl10 archer to get to 40 within 10min. I don't see why you'd even care.

Thanks for bringing in this example. In a case like yours people should not be complaining. Not even Dorsii ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Well think again. If you take 3~5 months to painfully level up your cleric, will you still enjoy playing her? I mean by normally leveling up a character you don't only use time, but also money. True, you have to pay people and stuff. But all those hours it takes to grind could be farmed on your main instead. You should see plvling as a good thing for yourself. If you farm enough on your main, you get a free ticket to get an alt to a decent level.

I can have fun on my alts without them all being lvl 100 etc. Its not the point of th game for me so i guess i just dont get that point. Possibly too set in my ways for my own good

yup guys imma back!

• Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for bringing in this example. In a case like yours people should not be complaining. Not even Dorsii ^_^

:O i wasnt complaining or trying to cause an arguement i was just interested to see how many people still played without plvling. You are right peopel can do what they want etc etc im not gonna tell them NOT to...and ive said many times in this thread that im not sayind good players CANT be produced from Plvling. If i plvld a cleric id still be a good cleric (the fact ive been a cleric before is immaterial) But i wouldnt be proud of her cause i wouldnt have acheived anything by myself. Thats all

yup guys imma back!

• Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i just think that cause of Plvling more than ever high lvl does not equal skill, or respect, or even somebody who has put effort into their char. Regardless of how well somebody plays their char, plvling is like saying you have run a marathon, when in actuality you took a taxi to the end instead of running.

Even though "fail player" means powerlvled toon in 99% of the cases, that doesn't mean powerlvled toon = fail player. If a player that knows the game till lvl100, who tried the different instances, mobs, bosses and all, get's a class given to him/her lvl100 with skills lvled and decent gear, that person will know how to play correctly within a few minutes. Give him/her a lvl85 and send him in some random instance, he/she'll do better then those who legitly got their character to 85 but never seen the instance.

I run into fail players from time to time. I really can't stand lvl100s with lvl70s/80s npc armor that tell me a half-decent OHT set is to expensive. (they react sa if I'm telling them everyone should have r9 with vit stones at +10 at least) So I don't squad with them.
    :O i wasnt complaining or trying to cause an arguement i was just interested to see how many people still played without plvling. You are right peopel can do what they want etc etc im not gonna tell them NOT to...and ive said many times in this thread that im not sayind good players CANT be produced from Plvling. If i plvld a cleric id still be a good cleric (the fact ive been a cleric before is immaterial) But i wouldnt be proud of her cause i wouldnt have acheived anything by myself. Thats all

If I powerlvl a barb to 85 to pull FCC cause I enjoy doing that instance with lvl80s squads, but don't want to keep my main 80s ethernally. Why even care about "proud" and such? As far as I can see those who powerlvl have a main in 100s, then powerlvl toons just to see how that class would do at 100, or for a specific instance, or just for the lolz of trying something.

I think saying you're for or against powerlvling (or for or against cashshopping, which is a similar kind of useless discussion) is silly and useless. If you don't like it, you just don't, but why care about others? When you see 6 ppl play Monopoly and they buy first round, while you always don't buy till you pass Start, are you also gonna argue with them even though you're not even playing with them? Argue that they would have more fun if they don't buy first round? o.O
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm doing all my quests (except that 50-hay one, but hey...) and simply enjoy the game. Besides as a veno I need to solo grind a lot to keep my pets (ALL of them) up to my lvl (in which I'm failing, sadly), and doing quests at the same time makes it at least bearable.

I did my first BH at lvl 70 or so, but just because I liked fb59 very much. Now I'm doing my BHs everyday, mostly for divine orders.

I was in FC once, about a lvl ago, with friends, mainly to do my FC quests. I need to go there at least once more - still have quests. I hypered, and got almost one level for 'free' from one run, but it's too fast and easy to be fun in the long run to me.

For me It's not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile I'm just enjoying the game. Where's the fun in rushing to lvl100, missing 90% of the gameplay, and then go 'no content QQ~!!'?

As for my mystic, I may speed up her a bit though(I've been saving all the book-quest I've found from drops for her), but I'm still going to do the vast majority of quests on her, baring only those I really disliked (like the Dismal Shade quest, I hate that bstrd). I've got the most valuable quests rewards stashed for her anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i'm simply amazed at the statements that are thrown about when Plvlin is discussed. people make this game sound like you need a freakin degree in rocket science to play. it's not power leveling itself it's the fact that players who power level don't take the 15 mins to even TRY to understand the class they are leveling or the game machinics. MMOs are more often than not, follow a simple formula,
    1stun runners,
    2. heal tank ( and party accordingly)
    3. negate debuffs,
    4. throw debuffs,
    5. hold aggro
    6. DDs regulate damage to avoid stealing aggro

i can understand why everyone gets annoyed. i've seen some VERY clueless players like ppl how don't know anything about heal aggro, or think barbs take aggro just from being in the party. however lets stop and get real. this isn't from power leveling this is from the fact that people don't stop to learn their class.

i'd also want to point something else out. we tend to only look at bad experiences. we run off and make it sound like all ppl who powerlevel are fail. i can assure that isn't true. the people we see failing horribly may for all we know, be a tiny faction of those who power level (also note i've seen some very fail players who been playing from 2008), but since they play in a fail manner, they get noticed. i've been in sqaud with people who power leveld and said they only been playing for a few days, but they play their classes perfectly. i think most powerlevelers are actually decent players, but we will never know if these decent players are actually power levelers unless we ask them, unlike the handful of fail plevlers who stand out like sore thumbs.>_>
  • hydrolace
    hydrolace Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I've met more bad people who leveled their char "the old fashioned way" versus the "new way."

Furthermore, I don't give a damn how you level your character but I dislike people who automatically assume because you leveled it one way or the other, that you suck. I've had powerlevelers say everyone else fails because they can't power level and and i've had "old school" levelers say everyone who power levels sucks. No, it doesn't work that way.

What decides if you 'fail' or not is behind the character, not how the character levels.
This discussion has been closed.