Rate a Character thread. Hot or Not.

Options

Comments

• Cilfyn - Heavens Tear
    Cilfyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    After a while, I've decided that I got tired and changed my character appearance.
    What do you think about the change? Do you think it got worse? Or better?
    And is there any way you think I could make it look better?
    This is what my character looked like before:
    oegl3.jpg

2nlerzk.jpg

And this is what she looks like now:

33jlceq.jpg

wul3lc.jpg
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Oo I dont see a difference, but over all Id give her a 4/5 Id bring her eyebrows downward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • mittymon
    mittymon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My Veno. Nothing speical, I rather not post her picture on Facebook or I'll have stalkers saying that she's hot ect ect.

s618w4.jpg
  • Cilfyn - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Oo I dont see a difference, but over all Id give her a 4/5 Id bring her eyebrows downward.

Actually there are incredibly noticable differences if you are looking carefully.
    Perhaps it's the angle that doesn't make you notice, but at the very least, you should notice the different in face construction and eye color. o-o;;

I'll add the two pictures with no angle so you can clearly see the difference.

15wi9np.jpg

29ehdec.jpg

@Narriru
    I love the way you've designed your character. The eye color you picked for her looks really vivid. I'd say the only thing you'd need to fix on her face is the distance between the mouth and nose, they are a bit too far apart.
    4.5/5
    @Vixter
    I don't know if it's because of the lighting, but her eyes seem more shiny and lifelike. I think the subtle changes you made to her improved her somehow. But I don't know, it feels like there's something off.
    I think it's simply because she's not the kind of veno that I'm used to. That just means she's unique, though.
    4/5
    @mittymon
    Her face is really petite looking. Is that what you were going for? I think she's pretty cute.
    4/5
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    thank you guys for your compliments/ratings ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    thank you guys for your compliments/ratings ^^

ive seen ya in game... tough on the eyes if ya know what i mean... j/k dont hurt me b:surrender
  • mittymon
    mittymon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    @Cilfyn
    I was sorta kinda going for a look like that. I wasn't trying to make her cute in anyways because to me beauty for a character doesn't matter. You see all the other girls trying to make their characters look sexy ect right? Yeah I rather not. It's best to have a character 'look' like yourself then anything else. I rerolled my WF because I wanted to start new.
  • Yazimin - Dreamweaver
    Yazimin - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My WF.
    I'm mittymon so I'm just showing an update of my rerolled WF :)

Close up:
    20110426172546.png

Whole Body:
    20110426172529.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • manu02manu
    manu02manu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    is not so cute :| well the eyes are light purple and they dont look great with your hair and fashion b:embarrassb:lipcurl
  • SellynZaali - Harshlands
    SellynZaali - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yazimin: I dont agree with the above poster, I personally love her eyes, love purple eyes, it's not so common. And her makeup makes them even more noticeable b:pleased

Here is my new baby veno. You'll understand why I say I love purple... b:chuckle

sellyn.png
  • Luvlylinda - Sanctuary
    Luvlylinda - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    194056844123161458.png
  • Victorique - Dreamweaver
    Victorique - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yazimin - She is really cute! I just find it a shame how her eye color don't seem to match anything about her. And the eyes look a little far apart

SellynZaali - I love her purple theme but the eyeshadow doesn't quite fit with it. Neither do her brown eyebrows

Luvlylinda - It's nice to see some curvy character however, her head is just way too small for her body! I'd recommend fixing that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Victorique - Mystic - Placid Guild ★

We're coming back
    We'll live forever
    Let's have a wedding
    Let's start the killing.
  • Yazimin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So?

What do you like?

Before... Black hair purple eyes
    20110427191106.png

Or

After... Blonde hair green eyes(She looks like me)b:shy
    20110427191350.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ziraia - Raging Tide
    Ziraia - Raging Tide Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yazimin
    I love her purple eyes and dark hair, but here i have to say i think the blonde one is cuter ^^
    You should dye the Lollipop Dress green, so that it matches her eyes :3
    Oh, and maybe make her mouth a lil wider? ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Ziraia 101 Assassin ★
    ★ _Nari_ 100 Seeker ★
    ★ xBunneh 82 Veno ★
    ★ Zushie 77 Psychic ★
    ★ HerAssassin 73 sin ★
    ★ HisHealer 54 Cleric ★
  • Cilfyn - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well....no one rated my character for some reason....
    Is there a reason for this? o.o; It seems this happens quite a lot
  • Yazimin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yazimin
    I love her purple eyes and dark hair, but here i have to say i think the blonde one is cuter ^^
    You should dye the Lollipop Dress green, so that it matches her eyes :3
    Oh, and maybe make her mouth a lil wider? ^^

If I can get 21 green dyes I will b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dimthought
    dimthought Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Cilfyn: there is a quite a diffence in them 3.5/5 on the first i think the eyebrowns make here expession a bit odd. 4/5 secound she seems lie she would be the quiet kind eyes do seem a bit small i do like the color of the lips

Selly:3.8/5 i like that she is a deer works nice with the colors and that she has a diffent look in make up though a closer color to her hair i think would be nice

Luvly: 2/5 she not ugly by any means but the mini head is a b:shocked and kinda looks a diffent color but she does have a diva kinda look

Yaz: 3/5 she is cute i do like the nude kinda lipcolor only 2 things from a 5 rating for me eyes a little far apart and seen couple venos with this similar look but she does look so cute in her fashion and as a bat (blonde hair and purple eyes ?)

But those just my 2 cents ALL are very nice and unique all in their own way
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yazimin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    @ Everyone that rated my veno
    That's how her eyes were when I clicked on the Evil 2 Veno. I would fix it but then it would look nasty x-x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well....no one rated my character for some reason....
    Is there a reason for this? o.o; It seems this happens quite a lot

My reason would be because they look to generic and boring, nothing much was customed on them at all, though a lot of people post there tiny customed chars on here and people seem to think there good, I think of them as oblivious to what a custom actually is.

Note to everyone, stop posting your generic characters please and actually attempt to do a full face edit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
    edited April 2011
    Options

SellynZaali - I love her purple theme but the eyeshadow doesn't quite fit with it. Neither do her brown eyebrows

Ty but I'll stick to this eyeshadow shade, I love it b:laugh As for the eyebrows, they're not brown actually, they're dark purple. I guess it doesn't return well on the screenshots.
    dimthought wrote: »

Selly:3.8/5 i like that she is a deer works nice with the colors and that she has a diffent look in make up though a closer color to her hair i think would be nice

Same as above, I wanted a color that contrasted sharply with her eyes and hair. b:pleased
    But ty both for your feedback!

Cilfyn: I think I prefer the 2nd one. She seems more delicate, more elegant. I especially like the change you made on her eyebrows.

Yazimin: for me, the brown one has a devil side, maybe because of her eyes, whereas the blond one seems purer, like an angel! Power of colors ha! But I personally would go for the "devil" one as she's more original, but both are really cute b:victory
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ive seen ya in game... tough on the eyes if ya know what i mean... j/k dont hurt me b:surrender

b:cute Imma find you and BT you Sinful <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Yazimin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ty but I'll stick to this eyeshadow shade, I love it b:laugh As for the eyebrows, they're not brown actually, they're dark purple. I guess it doesn't return well on the screenshots.

Same as above, I wanted a color that contrasted sharply with her eyes and hair. b:pleased
    But ty both for your feedback!

Cilfyn: I think I prefer the 2nd one. She seems more delicate, more elegant. I especially like the change you made on her eyebrows.

Yazimin: for me, the brown one has a devil side, maybe because of her eyes, whereas the blond one seems purer, like an angel! Power of colors ha! But I personally would go for the "devil" one as she's more original, but both are really cute b:victory

b:cute I don't try to make my characters look cute but it happens. I do not like having my characters look cute because it just seems weird to have a WF made to look cute. I prefer the simple look which is basically my original look for my WF.
    WF=Veno
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • morrinarian
    morrinarian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My reason would be because they look to generic and boring, nothing much was customed on them at all, though a lot of people post there tiny customed chars on here and people seem to think there good, I think of them as oblivious to what a custom actually is.

Note to everyone, stop posting your generic characters please and actually attempt to do a full face edit.

wow. o.o are you that one person who told everyone that their characters looked like presets and that all of their characters suck? reminds me a lot of him/her
    honestly if that was the case, you could have at least said, "@cilfyn 1/5 your character is too generic and boring."
    maybe you could try to be helpful, and say what about her is generic and boring. because if you're just saying something like "wow your character sucks." how are they supposed to fix their character?

also there was a lot of changes to her character. i don't know what it is you're talking about, but she doesn't look remotely like a preset. i could understand if you're saying that her character just looks boring in general, but you said that it looked like she made no changes at all whatsoever, when it was obvious that she did.

dont be so condescending please. what was she supposed to do? you really just ignored her, so....
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yazimin - I think your veno looks best in the after with the blond hair. Before the eyes just didn't seem to fit her.

Kittys can have claws too. Q- Q Slightly edited to have better eyes, i couldn't stay away from GIMP, rofl. Since for me the eyes are the main focus on a face, tideborns really need shiney eyes. :c

1057gnm.png
    edited April 2011
    Options
    b:cute I don't try to make my characters look cute but it happens. I do not like having my characters look cute because it just seems weird to have a WF made to look cute. I prefer the simple look which is basically my original look for my WF.
    WF=Veno

Haha, I know this "WF", I come from another server too b:shutup and my first days on PWI were not easy for me with all these words to get used too...

Lurani: your editing is a real success, she's gorgeous like this!
  • EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver
    EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    wow. o.o are you that one person who told everyone that their characters looked like presets and that all of their characters suck? reminds me a lot of him/her
    honestly if that was the case, you could have at least said, "@cilfyn 1/5 your character is too generic and boring."
    maybe you could try to be helpful, and say what about her is generic and boring. because if you're just saying something like "wow your character sucks." how are they supposed to fix their character?

also there was a lot of changes to her character. i don't know what it is you're talking about, but she doesn't look remotely like a preset. i could understand if you're saying that her character just looks boring in general, but you said that it looked like she made no changes at all whatsoever, when it was obvious that she did.

dont be so condescending please. what was she supposed to do? you really just ignored her, so....

Lol I can't stand when renza comes into this thread and goes all "blahblahblah preset!". wtb> forum blacklist
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily forum married to Zannie again. >:O Haters gonna hate
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Lurani: your editing is a real success, she's gorgeous like this!

Lol ty, took some time lining up the left eye trying to get the hair over it. La-blarg. Thank god for all the years i been editing pictures for another site. xD
  • Etherflow - Raging Tide
    Etherflow - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I have a question about the eye shadow in the customization...and it is: how does it work? I've noticed that there is an eye shadow color spectrum under the color option and there are also different eye shadow patterns to choose from. But the problem is...I don't want to put eye shadow on a guy (can't get use to it no matter how many times I look at it...) and, if I don't choose one, it automatically chooses one for me. And no matter what the pattern is, the eyeshadow always show up as blinding white on the character (I tried different colors in the spectrum but that had no effect at all), thus making the face look very weird--look something like the reverse of a panda's eyes, if you can imagine... Does anyone have any inkling of how to fix that or to get rid of eye shadows altogether, if that is an option... Thanks in advance!
  • Veirdail - Heavens Tear
    Veirdail - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    hello
    @Etherflow
    i kind of remember there being some sort of option where the eyeshadow could be removed but i guess not
    usually when making male characters without eyeshadow, your best bet really seems to be just to make the eye shadow the same color as the skin
    i don't know why yours isn't working, it usually works when you do that
    maybe you have a glitch or something with your character simulator?
    @Lurani :) i like your character very much. her eyes are really beautiful, and her face seems really feline, is that what you were going for? its a really compelling look, imo
    beautiful and dangerous is how i would describe her
    there's nothing i would really change on her
    good job!! :D
    5/5
    @Yazimin honestly, i generally prefer violet eyes and black hair
    i do think that your character looks quite nice with blond and green eyes
    i think she would benefit if her lips were a bit fuller
    with the black eyes, the purple on her eyes seems a bit too intense and harsh to seem natural, i would pick a darker shade, imo
    but they are both nice
    4/5
    @Luvlylinda
    :) rarely do i see characters that have some curves to them
    but her head is so tiny! her face seems a little plain to me, i dont know, just might be me. it's a good start though
    3/5
    @SellynZaali
    the eyeshadow color doesn't quite work with the color scheme you have going there
    she is a unique character, and i appreciate that
    id also change her eyebrows to match her hair, and maybe make her nose a bit slimmer
    3/5
    @Cilfyn
    for your first picture, her face seems fairly nicely proportioned
    i would shift her eyebrows down a bit
    kind of felt like you were trying to make her look cute, so, if you were trying to do that, maybe make the lips a bit slimmer.
    3.5/5
    for your second picture, something doesn't feel quite right. i can't really put my finger on it...but i would move her eyes closer together and change the eyebrow position slightly
    i like the idea of the character though. she's pretty
    4/5
  • Veirdail - Heavens Tear
    Veirdail - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    here's my recent change for my wiz, what do you think? i wanted to try something a bit different
    281zbiu.jpg