We need an Anti Assassin Skill!!

Options
Fin - Dreamweaver
Fin - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Archer
Have you ever wondered why we elves with our uber senses can't spot a dirty little assassin 20 lv under us.
That's why we should get a detection skill! (I'd call it elven eye, eagles eye, improved attention something like that) That makes sins visible for us. At least up to a certain lv i'm fine with getting backstabbed by a more expirienced killer.
Being able to see lower lv sins would be great. And to make it the most wanted skill ever make it a party buff b:victory!!
They'd probably still port, stun and kill us... b:surrender
Post edited by Fin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Some witty people will tell you it's the role of the detection potions. b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Bellefleurs - Raging Tide
    Bellefleurs - Raging Tide Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the only sins that are hard to kill are the r9 or full nirvana all +12.

My advice, get Expel on your genie and learn how to use it. if you can successfully expel them then hit them with lightning strike and other magic skills. If you're lucky you one shot them. If you can't one shot use the time they're expelled to use anti stun and run away to anticipate their next move :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired nonfactor archer.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the only sins that are hard to kill are the r9 or full nirvana all +12.

My advice, get Expel on your genie and learn how to use it. if you can successfully expel them then hit them with lightning strike and other magic skills. If you're lucky you one shot them. If you can't one shot use the time they're expelled to use anti stun and run away to anticipate their next move :)

What **** sins don't tick that neutral filter?
  • Brus - Lost City
    Brus - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Guillotine fist?
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Expel self to create distance. If they force stealth, pop a Detection Pot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Expel self to create distance. If they force stealth, pop a Detection Pot.

and if they water buff and use any of their control skills so u can't "create distance" (or tele stun/occult). Or how about using their own apoth after u use a detection pot (assuming you are higher level than the sin.. which is somewhat unlikely being that they have the easiest time in frost of all the classes). How do you expect to compete with a SIN with your apoth/genie forced on cooldown just to have a chance at even selecting them.. lawl
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Fin - Dreamweaver
    Fin - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Some witty people will tell you it's the role of the detection potions. b:surrender

problem with that is i don't wann throw in a detection pot all 30 seconds just to make sure there's no sin around the corner waiting for me.

Tactics against sin is so far:
    - wait for the sin to hit you
    - use expel sin, so you'll get time to get unstunned and hit sin with all you can
    - hit the sin with my metal/magic atacks
    - hope sin dies
    if not and sin forces stealth use detection pot
    - kill the fish

Not too bad, ty :) But i guess expel is like a 10% chance (not sure just guessing), there's a fancy anti expel genie skill, one-hitting sins is kinda hard and the most important thing is i'd love to see them coming anyway
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    problem with that is i don't wann throw in a detection pot all 30 seconds just to make sure there's no sin around the corner waiting for me.

- use expel sin, so you'll get time to get unstunned and hit sin with all you can
    - hope sin dies
    - kill the fish

Not too bad, ty :) But i guess expel is like a 10% chance (not sure just guessing), there's a fancy anti expel genie skill, one-hitting sins is kinda hard and the most important thing is i'd love to see them coming anyway

Expel (9 sec) vs. Stun 5 sec + Sleep 5 sec + Slience 4 sec + Stun 3 sec and thats only if the Sin doesnt 1 shot you by glitching his crit, increasing his crit dmg with emblem and aps/nuke you hard enough before u can even hit the button. I'm pretty sure your gonna pawn that sin with the tactic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    and if they water buff and use any of their control skills so u can't "create distance" (or tele stun/occult). Or how about using their own apoth after u use a detection pot (assuming you are higher level than the sin.. which is somewhat unlikely being that they have the easiest time in frost of all the classes). How do you expect to compete with a SIN with your apoth/genie forced on cooldown just to have a chance at even selecting them.. lawl

You call cheze to one shot them. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Sharki - Dreamweaver
    Sharki - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You feathers don't need an anti-sin SKILL. All you need are fish-seeking arrows. b:victory
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Expel (9 sec) vs. Stun 5 sec + Sleep 5 sec + Slience 4 sec + Stun 3 sec and thats only if the Sin doesnt 1 shot you by glitching his crit, increasing his crit dmg with emblem and aps/nuke you hard enough before u can even hit the button. I'm pretty sure your gonna pawn that sin with the tactic.

I would imagine that, to be "glitching his crit", that assassin needed to be visible and within detection range of you. Anyways, I would imagine that if you are going to succeed in pk mode, you should probably work on your situational awareness...

But my only archer experiences fighting sins has been in tw, where I sometimes do ok against them (and sometimes not).
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I would imagine that, to be "glitching his crit", that assassin needed to be visible and within detection range of you. Anyways, I would imagine that if you are going to succeed in pk mode, you should probably work on your situational awareness...

But my only archer experiences fighting sins has been in tw, where I sometimes do ok against them (and sometimes not).

They can remain in stealth while glitching it just like we can glitch our demon stunning arrow without attacking a person. in TW sins are a joke, they will get killed without me being able to expel, in PK 1vs1, sins is the strongest class due to the fact that they choose when to start the fight and when to end it. Sins arent impossible to beat nor are they hard but they always have the upper hand which means if your not well geared sins will beat you in a sec.

I was mostly refaring to the answer; Expel the sin and you will win since imo, thats pure BS. If your facing a sin that knows his class well, your expel wont help you at all. Works only on facerolls sins that headhunt/shadow teleport+3x spark then pops occult ice.

Detection pot is kinda of a joke aswell since most sins have demon stealth which means, you need to be higher lvl and lol...who wants to aim for a 105 archer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

- hope sin dies
    - kill the fish

Except their stun/sleep/freeze is longer than expel duration
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They can remain in stealth while glitching it...

That is interesting and I had not realized that. Thank you.
    in TW sins are a joke, they will get killed without me being able to expel,...

That depends on many factors... but I think a part of it is that in TW you are expecting to be attacked so their surprise advantage is not so big. But if you get jumped by several sins in TW, or of course if the sin heavily outgears you, they can be non-joke-like. (I also have problems with them when I am unbuffed. If I had better gear, this might be different, but I totally need the health and stuff I get from buffs.)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The difference is that in TW, there are squad mates looking out for each other. Nadis' squad should probably have a BM ready to Roar and Bell as soon as a sin rears its head. Other ranged DDs can cover each other's backs as well.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The difference is that in TW, there are squad mates looking out for each other. Nadis' squad should probably have a BM ready to Roar and Bell as soon as a sin rears its head. Other ranged DDs can cover each other's backs as well.

I am inclined to agree with you, but I also feel that TW can be rather non-ideal. For example, if you are in a cata squad, and your catapult puller is taking a beating, the archer is not going to be getting a lot of priority.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Detection pots don't work unless your a higher level than the sin out to kill you. If your the same level then detection pots are a no go.

But if you play on Lost City I'd say have fun wasting a 200K pot for nothing.
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    give archers the ability to stealth in spark then ill call it even. Currently only way i can kill sins is if i catch them outa of stealth(good geared sins the nab ones just die to AD + grace) before they go back in stealth and then attack me again with 2x spark lol, stun + take aim combo with 42% crit rate ftw for archers. Sins don't need stealth cause of shadow jump and like 3 stuns and a sleep attack and seal b:angry. And no if you have expel on your genie just don't lol. Such a waste of space. Using expel on yourself is the worst thing you can do vs sin cause they can go back in stealth and regain chi to just spark you again.
  • Random - Harshlands
    Random - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    get badge and hope u get lucky after u know they r there u can being an archer easily kite and avoid stuns(elven alacrity-> aim-low->stun->frost->normal)if the fish is still alive he's too high a lvl for u to kill and shud prolly run for ur **** life. but this depends alot on your luck it works half the time for me :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • master99neunzig
    master99neunzig Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think PW Genesis International is not good because, when reached lvl 30 is not automatic for whites alone ... should better all the time nick lvl 30 white automatic all to be able to PK and the war outside the safe zone, I think it will be very exciting once as in other International PW ... please GM, Thanks...
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options

Yeah, I usually have each buff eather way in TW but their not exactly a major problem there since as you said, everyone covers eachother. Once a sin pops on someone you have mostly someone defending you and picking that sin down before he/she can do any real dmg.

I miss you Q, you never stalk me anymore! b:sad
    I am inclined to agree with you, but I also feel that TW can be rather non-ideal. For example, if you are in a cata squad, and your catapult puller is taking a beating, the archer is not going to be getting a lot of priority.

I think it all depends tbh, some archers are top priority depending on who that person is, might be an archer with an insane dmg or a factor that does alot of dmg in TW but im not saying we're as much threat as a cata puller since you win TWs with catas not DDs hitting crystal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It's cuz you're on the wrong server ! b:angry
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Kreuz - Raging Tide
    Kreuz - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Guillotine fist?

Asura strike? b:victory
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    Cadeal - Dreamweaver Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The best Anti-assassin skill we all posess now, is the ability to multiclient. Level up a sin and have it run around with you in stealth b:chuckle
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Asura strike? b:victory

Orc Lord card. b:bye
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think PW Genesis International is not good because, when reached lvl 30 is not automatic for whites alone ... should better all the time nick lvl 30 white automatic all to be able to PK and the war outside the safe zone, I think it will be very exciting once as in other International PW ... please GM, Thanks...

Troll or real b:puzzled

Im guessing.. your playing a PVE server.

And I think theres only 2 fix to sins:

Either cap 5.0 to 3.0 so there advantage doesnt kill during their stun.. Sometimes even domain delays enough that you die.

Or Lower the sins stealth to duration/ sin most be 1 lv higher not to be detected. (This will make people "Lv their other class to 105/104/103.) I just think same lv class should be allow to see sins.

b:bye but we all know non of this will ever happen or any sort of "patch" to balance the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Ryoutah - Harshlands
    Ryoutah - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i don't think the guy plays anymore but there was an archer who faceplanted most if not all sins on his server. he plays on the Dreamweaver server, his name is DRAGOONZ
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i don't think the guy plays anymore but there was an archer who faceplanted most if not all sins on his server. he plays on the Dreamweaver server, his name is DRAGOONZ

he also cash shop a warsoul weapon. Now probably has a rank9 bow.

Cash shop > Any class

But even a cash shop sin can wreck most classes

Like i said.. Theres never gonna be a balance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Roland_ - Archosaur
    Roland_ - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    wing shell for def, stun, element attacks - dead sin... pk for sins and archers is all about the drop just live with it
  • Aeroboi - Heavens Tear
    Aeroboi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    winged shell ? are you nuts, some of the sins could kill you before you can cast it, and if you manage to cast it, its only going to last a few hits, i much rather use wings of graces, immune, anti stun + speed, also insta cast

also good luck getting that stun off, good luck hitting them, they are high evasion just like archers. the best way i fine to kill sins and archers is opening with lighten strike(demon), besides that its pretty much luck + imune