Hmm, Wizard are no where. Useless. PWI need something to do for Wizard

habeeb1908
habeeb1908 Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
It's my 1st time posting in PWI forum. I have been playing wizard for a year and was my main. As I can see that there are lots of other classes which pwi give more dmg for them. Mostly, including TW- there are only demand for Sin, Seeker, Cleric, Barb.
Wizard only in Gamma , Delta.
But how about those people who played wizard for a long time and used lots of money for that. Though people saying Wizard are DD but not in reallity. But Sin , Seekers are more like DD. Nothing special for wizard and was just like a waste unless pwi do something special for wizard.
Or Just remove the char wizard from pwi.
Post edited by habeeb1908 on

Comments

• Yannoa - Dreamweaver
    Yannoa - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    habeeb1908 wrote: »
    That's not how it works. Every race has 2 classes, one of them being Arcane. And what would replace Wizard if it gets "removed"?

Besides, I wouldn't want my Wizard to be insta-deleted just because you want the whole class gone from PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    How about insane PvP damage?

How about one shotting an entire group of people from a distance?

With r8 being so accessible as well as R9 the majority of mages out there will hit you for 5k with gush alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Wizards useless ?

ever tryed to pk , pvp TW ?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    OP says that there isn't demand for Wiz in TW and that sins are actual good in TW... aka mass PvP with bramble's reflect working and actively on near everyone.

At that point, it became obvious that OP was either a troll or a fool.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Really?

How about you go actually play the game on your wizard and not QQ on the forums.
    Or go to a private server and look at how many damn wizards are sitting over there waiting to own your QQ'ing baby ***.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Why dont you roll an assassin for farming items? Later on, you can sell the stuff you get from your assassin to eventually get R8 for your wizie and rock in TW, R8 wizzies rock in TW.

There is no point in complaining about assassin, make one for yourself and take advantage of their OPness in both PVE and PVP, or roll a seeker and have fun with the vortex in FCC.

And yea -int pretty much screwed arcanes as DDers in PVE but wizies are still decent in PVP and TW.
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    Cadeal - Dreamweaver Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It's my 1st time posting in PWI forum. I have been playing wizard for a year and was my main. As I can see that there are lots of other classes which pwi give more dmg for them. Mostly, including TW- there are only demand for Sin, Seeker, Cleric, Barb.
    Wizard only in Gamma , Delta.
    But how about those people who played wizard for a long time and used lots of money for that. Though people saying Wizard are DD but not in reallity. But Sin , Seekers are more like DD. Nothing special for wizard and was just like a waste unless pwi do something special for wizard.

We gave them Dominance in TW, what more do you want man!?
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    im guessing that he is lvl 60-80ish and has suck gear and doesnt use his class to fullness... and is butt hurt b/c ppl dont want to run with him... 1 question... where do you buy your MP pots from? plz plz plz tell me you higher than lvl75 and its from the apoth npc...
  • habeeb1908
    edited April 2011
    I only can see those demand for sin, bm, barb, cleric, seeker, but no where is wizard. And somemore, ppl don't want to take in their squad if wizard. Why? So far I only saw that. i am now lvl 85, But I will continue to play untill lvl 100 if you all saying right.
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    Cadeal - Dreamweaver Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I only can see those demand for sin, bm, barb, cleric, seeker, but no where is wizard. And somemore, ppl don't want to take in their squad if wizard. Why? So far I only saw that. i am now lvl 85, But I will continue to play untill lvl 100 if you all saying right.

You're not meeting the right people.
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Don't get me wrong i would like all wizards to quit xD

its cat pullers Dream b:cute
  • habeeb1908
    edited April 2011
    I am lvl 85, haven't reach R8 , I use food from botique for hp n mp and i also have both charms. May be I have to continue untill lvl 100 and see how it is.
    I really got some energy to continue my wizard. Thanks to all.
    But one thing is, so far, never see ppl calliing wizard unless gamma or delta.
    Got advice from here to play those characters as well.
    And some ppl tell me to go sage, some tell me to go demon. hmmmmmmm
  • Minrothad_ii - Sanctuary
    Minrothad_ii - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2011

they are all kinda saying wrong.

Yes, rank 8 wizards are fun in TW. But after that 7 minutes - 3 hours one or two days (if your lucky) a week are done, its boooooooring.

And you all miss his point, which is that at his level, noone wants him to do anything in the game.

Take it from one who knows - it doesn't get better. It gets worse. Wizards are fun to play. I love mine. But no, there won't be much for you to do outside of the few minutes of tw each week.

But some of what they say here is true - make another class. Make a sin, or a barb, or a cleric if you want to actually PLAY PWI - because they are pretty much the only ones that can get in a squad whenever they want. Play your wizard for fun if you like the class as I do. But make one of those other classes if you want to actually play the game.

And don't hold your breath. They won't change anything about the game as far as wizards are concerned. Ever.
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Wizies are strong in PVP and TW but they are late bloomers, for PVE farming squads is better to farm with a melee class like an assassin or a fist BM, or a Veno. I seriously suggest you to roll an assassin, they are good for solo farming instances, and making money, but you will need time to build him up.

My suggestion is: dont stick to a single class, you will get bored eventually, is ok to prefer a single class over the others but dont let that to stop you from trying another one. Every class has its own advantages and farming instances is not wizzies best point, that does not mean that you cant do it but is faster with another class (assassins). b:bye
  • Lord_Ghetto - Dreamweaver
    Lord_Ghetto - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    <.< wizzard is a dead class n my oppinion b/c of 5aps... tw ...rebirth ...yes there still usefull...but when a 5.0 sin bm or archer can easilly out dd them b4 sparking ... for pve an most of the game they r useless. honestly ...when i do my bh's almost always its a sin bm squad with a cleric... its been atleast a month or more since ive last squaded with a wizz... an who can blame them... they have no way 2 make any decent in game coin .. it all has 2 b financed through gold...
    an 1 shotting a group of ppl n tw... hmm if the 5.0 bms spent as much coin on their axes as they do their fists/claws...wat would a pair of +10 calloused lionheart axes do 2 a group of squishies
    back 2 the subject... i beleive if sumthing were done 2 make wizz a more playable class (pve) besides tw or rebirth orders ppl might start playing it again
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their lv and beat you with experience." b:surrender b:laugh
  • habeeb1908
    edited April 2011
    Need some modification on wizard
  • habeeb1908
    edited April 2011
    That's the best solution and that's what I am trying to explain. But who on earth know if pwi is listening us or not
  • _Kahlan_ - Raging Tide
    _Kahlan_ - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Im a level 95 wizzie and I have no problems getting into any kind of squads. maybe its just you o.o
  • habeeb1908
    edited April 2011
    Lord_Ghetto's is the best answer for me. I am not sure if lvl 95 wiz has no problem playing that. But I am just telling the truth.
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Spend tons of cash and coin for negative channel....and maybe your wiz will be useful.
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    they have no way 2 make any decent in game coin .. it all has 2 b financed through gold...

Narrow point of view is narrow. It's called merchandising. I heard it can make you money without actually soloing any instance. b:bye
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It is hard to get squads for wizzies maybe i should get about more but meh i wanna do nirvana with guildies an friends so i wont respond to the usual need high aps BM/sin for nirvy shouts that constantly barrage you on wc last year or so.
    Your 85, at 90 youll become a god! Mobs just die. Get your sage or demon skills an stuff just dies faster.b:victory

Been farming cash on a BM for last few months for 99 gear. Almost done an yes i bought 99% of mats for decomp then all the 99 mats legs an top to go. An before you all shout fail noob im planning on making the nirvana gear so i can stash box it to another arcane class so R8 an R9 not interest me as i dont plan on much PVP.

As for wizzies not getting in parties its not just spell hurlers its barbs too. An yes i also have a 94 sage barb so it looks like my noobmaster BM will be busy farming me cash for some timeb:surrenderb:cry
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    My suggestion is: dont stick to a single class, you will get bored eventually, is ok to prefer a single class over the others but dont let that to stop you from trying another one. Every class has its own advantages and farming instances is not wizzies best point, that does not mean that you cant do it but is faster with another class (assassins). b:bye

+1

I love wizzy... after my cleric, my wizzy is my highest character. Her animations are the coolest in the game, and a little channeling gear makes those big damage numbers all the more satisfying. No, she's not a seeker or a sin, but she's not meant to be. She pewpews mobs from a distance and laughs as they die during the first swing of their weapon. It's the wizzy way, and it's just absolutely, positively fun. b:laugh

It's true that wizzies aren't at the top of most lists when you're in instances. This is why you need to be proactive... start the squads you want yourself. Yeah, it takes a lot more waiting, and they might not always get of the ground if you can't find healing/tank, but it makes it impossible to be refused if it's your squad, right?

Another thing: join a faction that regularly helps one another, and make yourself invaluable to them. Archer is arguably another dying class, but there's one in my faction that I would take on any run, no matter what it is, because he's just so helpful and so capable of taking anything that's thrown at him.

And I know I love wizards and other casters in BH 69.... it makes it much easier to keep the DDs healed if they're not up in physical aoe range (like every squishy sin wants to do b:surrender).

In my squads, I never turn down a 'less useful' class, just because of class... not unless we need the last spot for a tank. Wizzies who are good at what they do are leagues more invaluable than a barb or sin who's been PLed up and has no idea how to manage aggro.

My 2 Gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • MAClNTOSH - Dreamweaver
    MAClNTOSH - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It might be beneficial to take some time out from constantly worrying about how to get into squads, and go chill in your server's hangout spot and make some friends.

I never had any problem finding a squad on my Psy for TT, FC, BH, or anything I needed to do for that matter, because I had friends that loved to farm all day.
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Maybe the problem is your faction.

I've never had trouble finding squads in faction, so i usually just do bh/nirvana/etc in faction. Being able to farm enough to get r8/tt99 gears/lunar cape for a sin to help farm took a while, yeah, but that's partly cause i didn't have much time to find stuff to merchant. Wizards can make money fine if people don't go "lol you're not -int build gtfo".

b:avoid and it's always fun to see the -int build people go squish in tw b:shutup
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Narrow point of view is narrow. It's called merchandising. I heard it can make you money without actually soloing any instance. b:bye
    b:chuckle
    specially with this beautiful pack sale b:bye
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Wizards are pretty good actually. I don't really play one myself but we have a few in the faction who I always squad with. They do awesome damage and tank the magic bosses very well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Have no problems at all getting my wiz into BH100's or full RB. I wouldn't want to Nirvana or TT with it. Different classes for different things.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide
    Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i kind of like that we are so rare, everyone always underestimates us so its fun to show them that hey!, actually i do more damage then seekers, assassins, clerics, archers, venomancers and blademasters at my level.

just the other day i tanked bh39's boss hercule without any head start.
    so i feel bad for the people that dismiss us as useless. they are missing out
    patience is a virtue
  • mullenkamp
    mullenkamp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Im a level 95 wizzie and I have no problems getting into any kind of squads. maybe its just you o.o

Wait till you get to 100 and need to do BH100.... when you see someone asking for DD for SoT, Abba, WS whatever and responding to 10+ a day and they dont party you... then you will understand

wiz shine 5min - 1hr a week then the others 165hrs is for 5aps
This discussion has been closed.