Hmm, Wizard are no where. Useless. PWI need something to do for Wizard

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    habeeb1908 wrote: »
    It's my 1st time posting in PWI forum. I have been playing wizard for a year and was my main. As I can see that there are lots of other classes which pwi give more dmg for them. Mostly, including TW- there are only demand for Sin, Seeker, Cleric, Barb.
    Wizard only in Gamma , Delta.
    But how about those people who played wizard for a long time and used lots of money for that. Though people saying Wizard are DD but not in reallity. But Sin , Seekers are more like DD. Nothing special for wizard and was just like a waste unless pwi do something special for wizard.
    Or Just remove the char wizard from pwi.

Lolwut?
    I truly do hope your trying to troll right now, because if you honestly believe that wizards aren't wanted for TW then you're pretty stupid, ijs.

If it can deal damage then it can be considered a DD...

If I don't get my way then everyone should pay for it QQ
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Fail thread is fail
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm a psychic, and yeah it is hard to find squads for stuff you need sometimes and can be frustrating. Especially the people that only want strictly 5 aps, but it is all ok once you get to TW and show them what damage looks like :P

Alternatively, you can try making friends (which is what I did) and the squads are more fun this way. That's what a game is about, fun, or it should be anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Wizards can one-shot **** before it even sees them.
    /endthread
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    3460uvl.jpg

wa4ym1.jpg

what are you saying only 5 aps is wanted in nirvana? my damage is equal to a +10 5 aps bm, or a 4 aps sin.
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    3460uvl.jpg

wa4ym1.jpg

what are you saying only 5 aps is wanted in nirvana? my damage is equal to a +10 5 aps bm, or a 4 aps sin.
    How many times you can do this damage? 2-3 times a month?
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    How about insane PvP damage?

How about one shotting an entire group of people from a distance?

With r8 being so accessible as well as R9 the majority of mages out there will hit you for 5k with gush alone.

The only barb i see complaining about this is the lolclawbarb troll with like 9k hp. You might not be 1 shot so much if you had more hp than a blade master =]
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The only barb i see complaining about this is the lolclawbarb troll with like 9k hp. You might not be 1 shot so much if you had more hp than a blade master =]
    You are right. He is big fail fist/claw barb.b:chuckle
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Wizards are pro in tw. With a seeker in the party, Wizards are pro in everything else.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I take offense to this topic wizards are DD and should remain... they are especially extremely effective in TW.
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I actually like getting turned down for FF or BH squads because they want 'a real DD, like a sin'. (used to love seeing this in 80-85 FF squads) All that means is that I don't waste my time in fail squads.

I enjoy seeing the squad chat comments from people who underestimate our usefulness. Only thing that sucks, is that it burns a bit of crab meat before the cleric even glances my way when I say f'it, and start tanking bosses and mobs in 79, Eden, or some of the ones in FF.
  • Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    habeeb1908 wrote: »
    Or Just remove the char wizard from pwi.

b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    umad bro?b:cute

DW Wizard - Celestial Demon
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i kind of like that we are so rare, everyone always underestimates us so its fun to show them that hey!, actually i do more damage then seekers, assassins, clerics, archers, venomancers and blademasters at my level.

You might want to check the Seeker's continuous AoE, then realize it's synergy with BP along with it already being better dps. You won't match a comparably equipped assassin archer or bm for 1-1 dps and your non continuous AoE after 2 hits is comparable to Veno, and Cleric. Outside of comparable dps, those other classes have so much better benefits.
    just the other day i tanked bh39's boss hercule without any head start.
    so i feel bad for the people that dismiss us as useless. they are missing out

Can you understand why this statement means nothing to us at all?

I have a L100 wiz; it sucks for PvE. Can anyone name a single thing in PvE that a wiz can do better than any other class?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide
    Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    tweakz wrote: »

Can you understand why this statement means nothing to us at all?

I have a L100 wiz; it sucks for PvE. Can anyone name a single thing in PvE that a wiz can do better than any other class?

i'm sorry you feel this way. i truly am.

imagine having a level 100 anything and not having the creativity to find a good use for it. it would be much like having an art studio fully stocked with supplies, but being to lazy to try and make anything. imagine a toolbox that you refuse to use because you don't like how some of the tools look, or you covet the tools another person has.

just because you can't find any enjoyment out of a class, doesn't mean you should belittle others who do, so again, i feel sorry for you and your lv100 wizard who can't do anything well.
    patience is a virtue
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You best be trollin. If not then there's no saving you, so please go uninstall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited April 2011

QFT b:victory
  • ange0991
    ange0991 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Im a lvl 80 cleric and have been playing on and off for 2 years... Ok so the demand for wizzrads isnt that great but they where right.. they own in TW Pvp..... everytime i duel a wizzy they 1 shot me... i love having wizzy's in my squad.

The other thing is... no matter what the "demand" is, if you know how to use your class properly and are good at it you wont have any trouble fiding a squad.... for instance.. i was told i would never get a spot in an fcc squad (solo heal ofc) before lvl 85......
    I started at 74 and have had no trouble finding squads.. everyday i get asked at least 3 times to join an fcc because i KNOW what im doing!

just have fun and learn how to control your class.
    edited April 2011
    ange0991 wrote: »
    just have fun and learn how to control your class.

Quoted for truth
    patience is a virtue
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Quoted for truth

o.0 danny?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    Fiorrello actually. but most just call me Fio
    patience is a virtue
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    How many times you can do this damage? 2-3 times a month?

Lolumad?

that was from 1 nirvana run i did like 2 weeks back, and i run nirvana every day. and the SS's i made was for a sin ( 4 aps sin ) that couldn't hold aggro from me and wanted to know what i was hitting, and at first couldn't believe i was putting out 500K+ damage in the first two secs of a boss.

A sin is mad that he can't hit the numbers that i hit, it's amusing lol.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Lolumad?

that was from 1 nirvana run i did like 2 weeks back, and i run nirvana every day. and the SS's i made was from a sin ( 4 aps sin ) that couldn't hold aggro from me and wanted to know what i was hitting, and at first couldn't believe i was putting out 500K+ damage in the first two secs of a boss.

A sin is mad that he can't hit the numbers that i hit, it's amusing lol.
    R9 helps a lot xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    still if you take 20 lvl 101 sins and 20 lvl 101 wiz and let them have free rain for 1 min... i would almost bet the sins would have a higher overall damage... you hitting those numbers are b/c you have great gear/weapon... which isnt the case for all... but nice numbers none the less...

btw... i dont care is wiz are in my squad or not... i dont hate on any class
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    One day, I did an FC with the following:

Sage Wizard
    Demon Cleric
    Demon Seeker (no comment)
    Demon Blademaster
    Myself (Sage Psychic)
    and a Mystic who had yet to chose her cultivation.

And that was the most entertaining FC I've done in ages. We all worked wonderfully together WITHOUT whining for a barb or an APS character to come rescue us. We wiped once because of the DODDS attacks, the cleric DC'd. >.<
    If I had to chose between a squad with an APS toon, a Barb, and that setup, I would chose the last option every single time. Wizards are wonderful additions to squads. I love how they debuff bosses in order for other magical classes, since most bosses in FC are Water, Psychics appreciate that greatly to compensate for damage, and the metal debuff stacks with that of the Seeker, which makes it even easier.

I personally admire people who roll high level wizards. It takes a great deal of patience to get them up that high. I don't know how they do it...that kind of casting time would just drive me bananas. I also appreciate them a lot when they're in squad...and am scared silly of them in TW/PvP.
    That's why when Kokki shows to PvP, my **** is in a Safe Zone. >.>;

(Ignore tweakz....he's one of those people who thinks APS isn't a broken concept...shows you his serious lacking of the thinking cells in his head.)
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    still if you take 20 lvl 101 sins and 20 lvl 101 wiz and let them have free rain for 1 min... i would almost bet the sins would have a higher overall damage... you hitting those numbers are b/c you have great gear/weapon... which isnt the case for all... but nice numbers none the less...

btw... i dont care is wiz are in my squad or not... i dont hate on any class

in all fairness with my normal nirvana group the bosses don't last 1 minute, we take more time teleporting to the next boss then to actually kill it, and this is only with 1 5 aps sin, 1 5 aps BM, veno, cleric, barb, and me
  • BulllsEyez - Heavens Tear
    BulllsEyez - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    R9 helps a lot xD

yup, if u want compare somthin then do it well

so r9 high ref wiz dmg vs r9 high ref sin dmg both with equivalent gears
    Otherway u can just take r9 cleric dmg and 80lv tt80+3 psy and be proud cause cleric is best dd and out dmg psy >.>b:bye
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    yup, if u want compare somthin then do it well

so r9 high ref wiz dmg vs r9 high ref sin dmg both with equivalent gears
    Otherway u can just take r9 cleric dmg and 80lv tt80+3 psy and be proud cause cleric is best dd and out dmg psy >.>b:bye

problem is sin can't go full rank 9, because then he would loose all his -int, which will result in dreadfull DPS. hence my "5 aps sin" comparison. And yes in the "long" run the sin out damages me by far, but like i stated, the PVE that i do doesn't take longer then a min to kill bosses
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    How about insane PvP damage?

How about one shotting an entire group of people from a distance?

With r8 being so accessible as well as R9 the majority of mages out there will hit you for 5k with gush alone.

Seriously.

Wizzies benefit from higher-quality gear being more obtainable now more than any other class. They're an end-game class that sees a dramatic increase in power as their gear increases in power.

Lemme just put it this way: if you do a TW and the enemy has a cata barb with 40k HP wearing Psychic buffs from a Psychic with full +12 gear (so 30% chance of silence every time you hit that barb), who you gonna call to kill that barb? Ghost Busters. And Wizards.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Alchemy - Harshlands
    Alchemy - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm a level 85 wiz so I can somewhat relate with you. What really helped me get into fc squads was adding the cleric, barb and bm to my friends list after most fc runs. Then when they form I often get an invite. We arnt totally useless as we can heal the cleric when he gets sealed, and can dps slasher while everyone else runs away. For squads just make connections!

Also stack garnets on all your gear and grab the fc 85 glaive and pking becomes much easier. The pk areas are filled with poorly geared 8 and 9x sins who are 1-2 shot with the glaive. Just walk out sandstorm one shot, then walk back to the safezone listening to them whine about you running to the safezone. Refuse all duels and 1v1 when they tell you to fight fair. (Usually "why you no fight like man, u scare noob")

Overall wizards are a fun class to play due to the varying combos you can pull off due to a plethora of moves and sutra combos. Also we real flashy yo.
  • Samsama - Harshlands
    Samsama - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Wizards Bleh they are really good for TW and PK wars. Wizard and Archers are those Sneaky Classes that while everybody else is caught beating the lights of Each other they Are attacking from Distance and kill everyone. All the HA's and LA's are like WDF just happened?????? @+@ So yes Wizards are very useful and very deadly when They are Heavily CSed b:cute
This discussion has been closed.