Hmm, Wizard are no where. Useless. PWI need something to do for Wizard

13»

Comments

• _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Wizards Bleh they are really good for TW and PK wars. Wizard and Archers are those Sneaky Classes that while everybody else is caught beating the lights of Each other they Are attacking from Distance and kill everyone. All the HA's and LA's are like WDF just happened?????? @+@ So yes Wizards are very useful and very deadly when They are Heavily CSed b:cute

:P Go solo my FC's you lazy archer.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    in all fairness with my normal nirvana group the bosses don't last 1 minute, we take more time teleporting to the next boss then to actually kill it, and this is only with 1 5 aps sin, 1 5 aps BM, veno, cleric, barb, and me

well your still cool in my book... i like wiz's... maybe we can squad it up when i get a little higher... do you still FC at all? i havent run nirvana yet so... i know nothing about it...
  • DudeLupus - Raging Tide
    DudeLupus - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm a lvl 52 wiz, so I'm not very high up the totem yet, but I do bh as much as possibly so I run into a bunch of different people.

Playing as a wiz is really fun when other ppl in your squad know what you can and can't do. There are lots of ppl at my lvl who think wizards are like a secondary cleric, which can really hurt the dynamic of the group. I have to spend the first few minutes explaining that "yes, I can heal, but it's really slow more of a self heal for between battles."

So now when ppl say "you can heal right?" I just say "nope" so they make sure and get a cleric. I have, however, saved the cleric with my heal, yanked aggro then committed suicide to avoid squad wipes. That is how you make friends as a wiz, lol.

Also I find that most people who complain about wizards....aren't even wizards themselves. People who have actually played a wiz, and were good at it, have nothing negative to say. If 5aps was really that appealing to us, we would have rolled another class.

With the faction I'm in, and the friends I have, I don't foresee getting into squads being a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GdByeElsA - Sanctuary
    GdByeElsA - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    wizards are nice for camping pk-enabled room in cube to kill noobs for pk kill count ^_^
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I guess I will troll a bit/be a tad zealous and forceful for once. Forgive me in advance.

Dear OP, you state that wizards are not in demand. Why don't you go for a custom party, with people you know and who would not question your skills? If of course you only rely on squad searches, you could end disappointed.
    It's like hearing about people that want to go -interval (especially fist archers, seriously) to punch mobs to death and saying it's OP, then QQ about repairs ('Go Rocky, go!!'), among hundreds of things like that. If you don't want to be a sheep, defend your point, guh.

I do suppose you 'wished' that PWE removed wizards all together out of cynism and sarcasm. So it would mean that you giving so much care to your wizard was a moot point and that everyone would pay the price for it? Even as a joke it is not good enough.

I have a wizard and I love that class, like all others. That said, I have no wish to be the strongest around and this the fastest way, so maybe this plays a role in why I find people that only want peculiar levels, types of builds and classes and not care of the real deal (battle experience, especially advanced survival skills and team management) ridiculous to the very least.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    well your still cool in my book... i like wiz's... maybe we can squad it up when i get a little higher... do you still FC at all? i havent run nirvana yet so... i know nothing about it...

I still do FC when i find the time for it, between nirvana and irl stuff going on atm i stopped leveling to 102, and therefor stuck at 25% :(

btw samsama, i resent the "heavy CS" thing, it's like noone can be anything in this game with CS. The good term would be "heavily invested". and i invested ALOT of time and dedication to my wizard to bring it up to this point ^^
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So now when ppl say "you can heal right?" I just say "nope" so they make sure and get a cleric. I have, however, saved the cleric with my heal, yanked aggro then committed suicide to avoid squad wipes. That is how you make friends as a wiz, lol.

Ouch ouch ouch...

You might consider using distance shrink and holy path after you get that aggro, to give your squad some extra time to recover.

And, if you have polearm, or something like that, you should attack him occasionally, if your squad is taking a long time, or he might reset (i think he will reset after five minutes?).
  • Samsama - Harshlands
    Samsama - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2011

IM a lazy seeeker now b:chuckle
  • monkeysir35
    monkeysir35 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    How do you do 6 digit damage? o.o

What skills do u wizzies do to hit that hard (other than BIDS)?b:shocked
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    How do you do 6 digit damage? o.o

What skills do u wizzies do to hit that hard (other than BIDS)?b:shocked

Aren't their 59 skills powerful? I don't know much about wizards but with high crit rates, they do so much damage.

Necro btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Selenica - Sanctuary
    Selenica - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If anything I'd say the wizard population has grown since then.
    Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee^^
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I said this a year ago, wizards are awesome when you know how to play them. The only thing is now with everyone just playing sins all the time they don't understand how wizards work.

I often hit 30k+ crits in FF on bosses (HF, genie spark and either veno amp, sin amp and undine) with the FF gold wand +5, pulls generally get killed with either 2 spins of DB or 1 drop of MS (I use MS because fail BMs forget to stun and I like to keep the cleric alive) and the funny thing is I find it extremely difficult to find FF squads lately on HT.

Just today someone was WC'ing for at least 30mins looking for someone else 90+ any class to join, I said 4-5 times I am a 97 wiz and got ignored each time while they carried on QQ

There is plenty for a wizard to do, you just have to fight your case and prove you aren't a plvled nublet.

If anyone on HT wants to FF, I'm always up for it when online so add me :D I'm not a plvl'd nublet ijs
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Aren't their 59 skills powerful? I don't know much about wizards but with high crit rates, they do so much damage.

Necro btw.

All of their 59 aoes are powerful because of the high multipliers they get off base magic attack. In particular, BIDS & Seize, with a 500% multiplier.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Closed for necro. Please refrain from posting in threads where the last post is more than 30 days old.
This discussion has been closed.