Vs High Level Seekers

SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Arigora Colosseum
Hellos everyone I've been hearing around that Seekers perform actually pretty good PvP-Wise,and that they have some hard-hitting skills.

So I was curious,Its already some weeks that Expansion introduced Seekers and Mystics,there are already plenty of lvs.80s and 90s,so I was wondering,since I don't have a Seeker Alt,how good in PvP they are at High Levels?

I've been hearing kinda crazy stories from random players during my random BHs(yey for Random),that they heard(yey for reliable source lol),that someone else seen(<.<),Seekers 1-2 hitting BMs 10 levels above em(A lv.91 one shooting a lv.100 BM? O_o),and EVENNNNN....

Prepare yourself to hear something shocking....

...that Sins are easy to beat for em(Again,one said that a lv.90ish Seeker killed a R9 Sin O.o).
b:shocked b:shocked

"We have an aoe that doesn't require target to put Sin out of stealth"
I said
"Ya sure and the Sin will tele-stun 35 meters away from your AoE for 3 secs,then Stun for another 5 secs,then etc. etc."

Okie okie calm down Im just saying what I heard from other randoms,that's why Im here,to ask,how they actually perform in PvP Vs BM and Sins?
(And by PvP I mean Duels,Open world PK and TW).
WTB>More Fash
Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
Post edited by SoulRequiem - Sanctuary on

Comments

• angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    They dont outperform sins. Sins are still insanely overpowered with no counters.

Sins just teleport in from 35M and open with a stun. Regardless of gear, a R9 or 5 aps sin is going to tear through whatever HP a seeker has.

The problem is none of the seeker skills negate the fact that sins can resist damage and any sort of negative status affects.

BM's have a better chance than a seeker because they can chain stun if they manage to get demon roar off.

Seekers have nothing to stop a sin (reliably) anyways.
  • Sin_Ftw - Harshlands
    Sin_Ftw - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yea seeker arent bad, if they get the first hit and stay at range, manage to get gemini off etc...but as for a rank 9 sin..unless he went afk in a vortex or something..im really doubting it
    Favorite thing about sin? When you drop a character and immediatly get the spamming Whispers " Why you gotta pick on low levels" "nothing better to do than kill lower levels" etc...It makes me smile to inform them, they are higher level than me....b:laugh
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    A week after expansion came out, there was a 9x seeker with firelotus. So I dueled him for the lolz. I beat him without any fists, only using my unbreakable lock combo.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • yan00
    yan00 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    They dont outperform sins. Sins are still insanely overpowered with no counters.

Sins just teleport in from 35M and open with a stun. Regardless of gear, a R9 or 5 aps sin is going to tear through whatever HP a seeker has.

The problem is none of the seeker skills negate the fact that sins can resist damage and any sort of negative status affects.

BM's have a better chance than a seeker because they can chain stun if they manage to get demon roar off.

Seeker 100 skill can disarm opponents weapon, 20% chance. 10min buff. when u disarm a sin, a sin cannot stealth wivout it's weapon. within the 6 seconds of being in Disarm mode, seeker can easily 1-2 shot the sin. Gemini slash, Edged Blur combined equals death
  • yan00
    edited April 2011

Seeker 100 skill can disarm opponents weapon, 20% chance. 10min buff. when u disarm a sin, a sin cannot stealth wivout it's weapon. within the 6 seconds of being in Disarm mode, seeker can easily 1-2 shot the sin. Gemini slash, Edged Blur combined equals death
  • Roland_ - Archosaur
    Roland_ - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    WE OWN! and yes we can 1 shot a bm since we use magic skills too, and we can move with that AoE that pulls sins out of invis so even if it ports away we can just run to it, however all this POWAHHH comes at a cost... when your a seeker a stun is a stun, you can prevent them with the speed skill at lvl 10 and saged (or dem i forget) however if you dont use this before hand your kinda left for dead, also our skills have long charge times, but once again we have a buff to shorted charge times to almost instant cast...
  • Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    Sverdet - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've defeated a BM, a Sin (he did come very close to winning though), an Archer, and a Mystic in duels before. I did actually witness a 9x Seeker defeat a 100 Barb right outside of west gate as well. But, just like with every class, you have to know how to play your character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sverdet ~ Lvl 100 Seeker; Rank 8
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Seeker uses Edge Blur? Leap Back and kite.
    Seeker uses Vortex? Well if it ain't demon version, cloud sprint in, absolute domain, **** him.

Really requires minimal thought to kill a seeker (especially if your 5.0 or r9) >.>''
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    rank9 seekers are such tanks. Having about 110+ def level and 100+ attack level. They are not easy to kill in any circumstance
  • Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    Sverdet - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2011

After leaping back, the Seeker could just Voidstep and then use Gemini Slash (with Blade Affinity) followed by Stalagstrike while Edge Blur is still going in the duration of the stun. If you're still alive afterward, he/she can use Bouttassai when you go to leap back again (or even Heart Seeker with the chance of immobilizing you). They may even use the skill to disarm your weapon as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sverdet ~ Lvl 100 Seeker; Rank 8
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yan00 wrote: »

I like how you think you'll be able to knock a sin a few rounds.... And how you think you'll get 2.5 seconds to channel and cast that thing.

Teleport from 35M.

Headhunt 5 second stun.

I guess you aren't an end-game player or have faced end-game sins.

But I'll tell you:

1) 5 APS
    2) Rank 9

Either or, in 5 seconds your screwed.

5 APS is 25 hits. They tear through 10K+ pdef heavy armor classes with 20K+ HP. Its not like 100 defense levels will make much difference.

If they're rank 9 they'll be god of frenzying you. How do you like to see their damage doubled, tripled, quadrupled, with a critical hit and crit-strike?

Also it appears as if you've never heard of tidal protection either.

If you manage to survive that and hit them a few so that the parried status effect is on their list of debuffs, any competent sin is going to throat-cut you. You wont be able to cast Arme Neir for another 4 seconds...

20 hits.... on a 5 aps sin.

Not to mention that most sins will probably rib-strike you, making it that much harder to deal a parried status effect.

End game seekers have nothing on assassins.

rank9 seekers are such tanks. Having about 110+ def level and 100+ attack level. They are not easy to kill in any circumstance

Really doesn't matter if they're tanky or not. A barbarian is tanky, yet they fall easily. 5 APS and rank 9 made tanky not so tanky.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Dropped a Seeker with Condensed Thorn and swings. I'm 2.5 unsparked. They're easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    WE OWN! and yes we can 1 shot a bm since we use magic skills too, and we can move with that AoE that pulls sins out of invis so even if it ports away we can just run to it, however all this POWAHHH comes at a cost... when your a seeker a stun is a stun, you can prevent them with the speed skill at lvl 10 and saged (or dem i forget) however if you dont use this before hand your kinda left for dead, also our skills have long charge times, but once again we have a buff to shorted charge times to almost instant cast...

Lol this doesn't even deserve a serious reply.
  • quemax
    quemax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    tbh i dont think any class is better than the other it all depends on the person playing the sin seeker BM or what ever class they all have their pros and cons u just have to be smart about how u fight
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    After leaping back, the Seeker could just Voidstep and then use Gemini Slash (with Blade Affinity) followed by Stalagstrike while Edge Blur is still going in the duration of the stun. If you're still alive afterward, he/she can use Bouttassai when you go to leap back again (or even Heart Seeker with the chance of immobilizing you). They may even use the skill to disarm your weapon as well.

Oh looky here I have this little *presses Occult Ice* Sorry, you have lost.

Plus, Mage marrow for Edge Blur if they jump to me since it doesn't stun me and then I can just **** him pretty damn fast.

And did you forget, next to sin's, BM's have the most damn stuns in this game o.O?? I can put you in a stunlock, demon spark and KEEP you in a stunlock. Which even on a 50+ defense lvl my dmg will STILL be doing 200-300 even 400-600 per hit. If I'm at 5.0 sparked, that means i'm doing 1000-1500/2000-3000 dmg a second. And my demon spark lasts 15 (10?) seconds, and my roar lasts 6 seconds....so....Yeah your class is ****ed.

Hell if I wanted to be a **** I could just drake's bash and Aeolian Blade stun lock ya with how often those two proc.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yan00
    edited April 2011
    Seeker uses Vortex? Well if it ain't demon version, cloud sprint in, absolute domain, **** him.

Really requires minimal thought to kill a seeker (especially if your 5.0 or r9) >.>''

nahhhhhhhhh......... seeker paralyse u on the spot wiv 90% chance on sage. paralyse u for 8 seconds and THEN edgeblur. wot u gonna do? leap back? i got 10metre range and u still paralysed o.o... then i fire more magic range attacks on u since u cant reach me.

bm = screwed.

seekers wont use vortex on bms. vortex is physical attack, useless on HA.
    u kno my Edge blur hits a self buffed bm wiv 99 armour 2.3k each hit? Edge blur hits u 4 times, that is 10k+. u dont wana kno wot my damage is like when i 3 spark, chi siphon and THEN Edge blur ;);)

BTW if u use MAGIC marrow. i will use Blade affinity, 80% channeling so my Gemini slash hits u wiv 450% physical damage instantly, and THEN do a fire bolt of Arme nier 250% weapon damage at 25metre range o.o............................... i may crit too...... so i may break ur gears
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    nahhhhhhhhh......... seeker paralyse u on the spot wiv 90% chance on sage. paralyse u for 8 seconds and THEN edgeblur. wot u gonna do? leap back? i got 10metre range and u still paralysed o.o... then i fire more magic range attacks on u since u cant reach me.

bm = screwed.

u kno my Edge blur hits a self buffed bm wiv 99 armour 2.3k each hit? Edge blur hits u 4 times, that is 10k+. u dont wana kno wot my damage is like when i 3 spark, chi siphon and THEN Edge blur ;);)

BTW if u use MAGIC marrow. i will use Blade affinity, 80% channeling so my Gemini slash hits u wiv 450% physical damage instantly, and THEN do a fire bolt of Arme nier 250% weapon damage at 25metre range o.o............................... i may crit too...... so i may break ur gears

Mage marrow + Demon bell 15% (which I spam). Means i'm at 10k p.def and ~7k m.def LOVE to see you do ur dmg then.

And seriously you really THINK i would allow a seeker to edge blur me??? Hell I'd sooner let a wiz hit me with Black Ice Dragon than let a seeker get off their f-in Edge blur (also did you forget a BM has a skill called SMACK? It seals ur ***, so say bye-bye to your ****ing edge blur).

Here let me list out what I got in the way of stuns:

Roar of the Pride (if demon ALWAYS successed unless prevented by an apoc or built in immunity (i.e. shades in frost)) - 6 second stun
    Aeolian Blade (50% chance to stun) - 3 second stun
    Drake's Bash - 6 second stun (Another 1.5 seconds added if demon, which means 7.5 seconds)
    Smack - 2-3 Second seal
    Bolt of Tyressus - 6 second (if I remember right) freeze. Which means neither of us could move. (Well I could use leaps and get away If I use freeze on ya when ur in vortex or edge blur'in)
    Then we can also GLITCH our Dragon's Bane and get a nice boost in crit (25(?)%). Plus if we triple spark right after that removes the debuff that comes from it (weaken phys attk). So we can be doing good dmg.

Seriously I highly doubt you'd have a chance to kill a BM who knows what the hell their doing. *P.S. Wait till PWE releases r9 fist/claw....seekers will die in less than a fraction of a second after a BM demon sparks if they ever come out with those)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Mage marrow + Demon bell 15% (which I spam). Means i'm at 10k p.def and ~7k m.def LOVE to see you do ur dmg then.

And seriously you really THINK i would allow a seeker to edge blur me??? Hell I'd sooner let a wiz hit me with Black Ice Dragon than let a seeker get off their f-in Edge blur (also did you forget a BM has a skill called SMACK? It seals ur ***, so say bye-bye to your ****ing edge blur).

Roar of the Pride (if demon ALWAYS successed unless prevented by an apoc or built in immunity (i.e. shades in frost)) - 6 second stun
    Drake's Bash - 6 second stun (Another 1.5 seconds added if demon, which means 7.5 seconds)
    Smack - 2-3 Second seal
    Bolt of Tyressus - 6 second (if I remember right) freeze. Which means neither of us could move. (Well I could use leaps and get away If I use freeze on ya when ur in vortex or edge blur'in)
    Then we can also GLITCH our Dragon's Bane and get a nice boost in crit (25(?)%). Plus if we triple spark right after that removes the debuff that comes from it (weaken phys attk). So we can be doing good dmg.

Seriously I highly doubt you'd have a chance to kill a BM who knows what the hell their doing. *P.S. Wait till PWE releases r9 fist/claw....seekers will die in less than a fraction of a second after a BM demon sparks if they ever come out with those)

*facepalm* theres so much wrong there its not even funny, DB is an instant channel, you cannot cancle it for the buff, DBB GS and CH are our CC buffs. only teribad bm's rely on spark in pvp bolt is 5 seconds. not going to touch those tactics with a 10 ft pole

that said there is no way in hell to pin a bm down without a real stunlock or a cleric sleep, 2 blinks a natural antistun AD and fortify on geni. Ya, a simple freeze isnt going to do anything but make the bm burn 25 chi as they leap at you (or 15 to get away)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    funny how touchy sins get at the mention that some class could possibly beat them 1v1 b:chuckle
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Killed a 99 bm and a 98 sin today... was so easy.

Also, gotta love how they (sins and bms) rage when I nuke them from afar, calling me a "noob" for fighting at distance.

As if I would let you stun lock and aps me to hell and back... LMAO
    funny how touchy sins get at the mention that some class could possibly beat them 1v1 b:chuckle

There is a term for that...

Butt-hurt
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2011

Lol Gemini does metal damage. Fail moar.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2011

bm = screwed.

How do you know the guy will be paralyzed, you might miss, it might not proc, he might use Will Of Bod just as you start to channel the skill. Being unable to move doesn't mean you're gonna die either its not a stun, you can still pot, skill or use a genie. He can tank you for 2-3 sec and Occult ice and than you cant use any flashy skills at all. Made up dream pvp-combos doesn't always work in open PvP (only when you type them out on the forum) sadly. Might as well say you're gonna summon Dragonite and use Hyper Beam, thats about as believable as rambling skill combo's you tried once or twice.

How do you even know what you hit a BM in TT99 gear anyway? Just because you hit 1 or 2 guys for around 2k with Blur Edge doesn't mean you will hit others for the same. Armor is not the only thing that affects defenses, there are rings and ornaments, tomes, shards and capes. Also build makes a differences and your own minimum versus max attack. There are defense levels and attack levels on top of that, which you would know as a Seeker.

Also no one cares what you hit with a triple spark ulti because no one will stay around to tank the dmg. They will run out if range or immune.

I'm sure a Seeker can mess up a BM, but i doubt you get away with just Paralyze, Ulti and spamming a few ranged skills b:sweat
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    I'm sure a Seeker can mess up a BM

Nope.
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Lol Gemini does metal damage. Fail moar.

Gemini does physical damage, the proc from spirit bore does crappy metal damage b:bye
    Nope.

Yes, they can. I did, and will keep doing it.
    Retired...

• Okeano - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Yes, they can. I did, and will keep doing it.

You must have been fighting some really fail BMs then.

Gemini does physical damage, the proc from spirit bore does crappy metal damage b:bye
    It's called demon Magic Marrow + Bell.
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    You must have been fighting some really fail BMs then.

It's called demon Magic Marrow + Bell.

1) I Knew you would come with the classic stupid excuse "ZOMG you must be fighting fails bms"

Go get butt-hurt elsewhere or deal with it b:bye

OBS: And save yourself the trouble of comparing servers, just in case you're gonna try another dumb excuse.

2) Nevertheless, I use Parchedbalde Dance for the extra stun, instead of Soulsever Minuet, it is useless in pvp imo.
    Retired...

• Eraldus - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    EDIT: Wrong post, this forum is horrible.
    Retired...

• yan00
    edited May 2011
    I like how you think you'll be able to knock a sin a few rounds.... And how you think you'll get 2.5 seconds to channel and cast that thing.

Teleport from 35M.

Headhunt 5 second stun.

I guess you aren't an end-game player or have faced end-game sins.

But I'll tell you:

1) 5 APS
    2) Rank 9

Either or, in 5 seconds your screwed.

5 APS is 25 hits. They tear through 10K+ pdef heavy armor classes with 20K+ HP. Its not like 100 defense levels will make much difference.

If they're rank 9 they'll be god of frenzying you. How do you like to see their damage doubled, tripled, quadrupled, with a critical hit and crit-strike?

Also it appears as if you've never heard of tidal protection either.

If you manage to survive that and hit them a few so that the parried status effect is on their list of debuffs, any competent sin is going to throat-cut you. You wont be able to cast Arme Neir for another 4 seconds...

20 hits.... on a 5 aps sin.

Not to mention that most sins will probably rib-strike you, making it that much harder to deal a parried status effect.

End game seekers have nothing on assassins.

Really doesn't matter if they're tanky or not. A barbarian is tanky, yet they fall easily. 5 APS and rank 9 made tanky not so tanky.

u're talkin as if u r constantly 5.0 sparked. if a seeker is constantly 3 sparked. 5.0 is 2 shot
  • yan00
    edited May 2011

Smack - 2-3 Second seal

u do realise NOTHIN can stop Egde blur even if a seeker is in stun or sleep or paralyse etc?
    bm skill SMACK is useless. seal for 2-3 seconds.

r u even able to get close enough to stunlock me? u're not a sin, u dont appear next to me. even if u do get first stun. i use Fortify genie skill, release myself from ur next stun. BREAK STUNLOCK. again kite........ paralyse u wiv my 90% sage heartseeker. again wot r u gonnado? dead in 2-3 shot. btw i got another anti stun at sage 99 :O just learnt :O. runnin skill
  • yan00
    edited May 2011
    How do you know the guy will be paralyzed, you might miss, it might not proc, he might use Will Of Bod just as you start to channel the skill. Being unable to move doesn't mean you're gonna die either its not a stun, you can still pot, skill or use a genie. He can tank you for 2-3 sec and Occult ice and than you cant use any flashy skills at all. Made up dream pvp-combos doesn't always work in open PvP (only when you type them out on the forum) sadly. Might as well say you're gonna summon Dragonite and use Hyper Beam, thats about as believable as rambling skill combo's you tried once or twice.

How do you even know what you hit a BM in TT99 gear anyway? Just because you hit 1 or 2 guys for around 2k with Blur Edge doesn't mean you will hit others for the same. Armor is not the only thing that affects defenses, there are rings and ornaments, tomes, shards and capes. Also build makes a differences and your own minimum versus max attack. There are defense levels and attack levels on top of that, which you would know as a Seeker.

Also no one cares what you hit with a triple spark ulti because no one will stay around to tank the dmg. They will run out if range or immune.

I'm sure a Seeker can mess up a BM, but i doubt you get away with just Paralyze, Ulti and spamming a few ranged skills b:sweat

lol i'm not makin up dream combos, u r makin up MY dream combos. u think i will use certain skills in UR imagination, that's y it didn't work in ur mind.

I have 90% paralse skill wiv a range of 28 metres. say if i'm even in the air, how a bm gonna reach me o.o. the bm will use WIll of Budd straight away, obviously i dont use my paralyse skill, i KITE. 15 secs off then 28 metre paralyse again. Hit him some more 25 metre range attacks. DONE.

this was done from experience, not made up combos. and i kno how i hit a bm wiv TT99 because the is my average hit on bm wiv TT99 in pvp. WIV magic ornaments too o.o.