Multi-Clienting Rule Changes

Comments

• Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    well, what I'm glad about is i wont be getting 5 v1 vs the same guy anymore cause ima report anyone is using 3+ accounts.
  • OceanGlory - Heavens Tear
    OceanGlory - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So where can you get a multi-client for PWI from?

(if you wanted to run on the same computer)
  • OceanGlory - Heavens Tear
    OceanGlory - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    (if you wanted to run on the same PC)
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    /facepalm

Apparently you didn't read the context of what I was saying in regards to the message that I quoted and responded to. Learn to comprehend. I'll expand on it and write it more simply so you can understand.

You can only log an account once per server... So if you have multiple characters on the same account, you may only log that one account and play one character on that account on that server. If that account has characters on other servers, you can log that one account into another server. You may run two clients. It doesn't matter what severs they're logged into. Both clients can be logged into one single account as long as it is on different servers. If you want to log two clients into the same server you need two different accounts.

You are confusing accounts with clients.

Understand?

b:bye
    First off you don't have to talk down to people because you assume that they didn't understand who you were replying to in a 20+ page thread, especially when that response doesn't necessarily appear underneath the original person you were replying to, so you can stop with the "facepalms," and "do you understand?" self-important nonsense. Second off, the person you were replying to was asking about if they could trade things between characters on the same server to which Annalyse replied.
    No, if your chars are on the same account you cannot play them at the same time. You would have to log one out and switch and use the stash. If they are on separate accounts, however, you could just double-click to open the client a second time and open the other account in another window.

BTW I don't know why everyone is saying go into element.exe, I just hit the quicklaunch icon again. I assume double-clicking the desktop icon would work the same.

This makes it obvious that person cannot trade between two characters on the same server on the same account without a stash. To which you replied:
    To be a little more clear...

You can only log into one account per server. If you have two characters on the same account on the same server, you can only log into one of those characters. If you have two characters on the same account on different servers, you can log into each of those accounts as long as they are not on the same server. lol

I just felt compelled to state that. xP

Since you used the phrase "To be a little more clear...You can only log into one account per server" and then went on to say the same information for no real reason at all. I was saying this erroneous, you can log onto more than one account per server. You were confusing ACCOUNTS with CHARACTERS. I was not confusing them with clients. You should take your own advice and learn to comprehend or realize why people may have responded the way they did to you before assuming their are less intelligent than you. Chances are YOU may have inadvertently said something wrong.

TO clarify for those who are wondering about this whole thing.

You may be logged onto two accounts at the same time, period. This means that you can do a couple of things.

You can log onto more than one character on the same account, on a different server at the same time. So say you have rank 9 cleric on a pvp server and a pve server and want to test the pk abilities of the two servers. You CAN open up two windows and play them both on the same computer at the same time . Alternatively you can run the game on two different computers and play them both on the same server at the same time.

You can long onto more than one character on two different accounts on the same server at the same time. So if you had wanted to make a cleric power level her with your 5aps sin, you can make them both and play them at the same time. You can set her to follow and solo frost to power level her. Again it doesn't matter HOW you do this, either through opening two windows at the same time or on two different computers. The important thing here is that you can only be on two accounts at the same time.

If you are a new player, you can only have TWO accounts total period.

If you are an old player, you can have as many accounts as you already have. If you only ever had the one account, you may make another. If you had more than two accounts, you CANNOT make anymore accounts. However PWI is NOT making you delete your characters and all the hard work or money you spent, so you can keep all of the accounts you already had even if you had more than two. However, you can only log onto two of them at the same time to keep things fair to the other players who are only allowed to have two period.

Now then, these are TWO accounts PER PERSON. So if you have a wireless LAN party at your house and invite 16 of your closest friends. Each of you are allowed to have two accounts running at the same time, this means that a total of 32 accounts could be running from your household at the same time. Again this is a PER PERSON rule.

If you used your information and then gave the account to someone else, stop admitting it here. You have NEVER been allowed to give away your account to someone else, even if they are your kid. Your kid should have an account in their own name, or some online alias if you're interested in protecting their identity. If they are younger than 13 than they're violating the TOS by even being on this site. By the way, the under 13 rule is a law in the United States because websites are not allowed to collect a lot of personal information about people younger than that age for their own protection. You can find out more about this US law here: http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/coppafaqs.shtm

Either way if you are sharing your account info with someone else, it is still your account. It doesn't belong to that person for the purposes of this rule. This means that if you are playing and then your kid wants to play on your second account, that means you are running two accounts at the same time. So you would NOT be able to multiclient or multibox until one of you logged off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • juanpancho
    juanpancho Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    well, what I'm glad about is i wont be getting 5 v1 vs the same guy anymore cause ima report anyone is using 3+ accounts.

There's no way you could know if you were ganked by one person multiboxing or 5 angry teenagers lanpartying in one house because they are brothers, cousins, friends, whatever.
    edited April 2011
    juanpancho wrote: »
    There's no way you could know if you were ganked by one person multiboxing or 5 angry teenagers lanpartying in one house because they are brothers, cousins, friends, whatever.

Some people flat out admit to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • juanpancho
    edited April 2011
    Some people flat out admit to it.

Some people could lie to you to make you loose your time ticketing.
    edited April 2011
    juanpancho wrote: »
    Some people could lie to you to make you loose your time ticketing.

If they did, then they would have to prove that there are more than one person in their household. Which is way more convoluted and frustrating than the time it takes to submit a ticket since there isn't even any clear rules on what that would entail. So joke would be on them, either way. IJS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • juanpancho
    edited April 2011
    If they did, then they would have to prove that there are more than one person in their household. Which is way more convoluted and frustrating than the time it takes to submit a ticket since there isn't even any clear rules on what that would entail. So joke would be on them, either way. IJS

The thing is they could not be in the same place, maybe not even in the same continent, yet make you loose your time ticketing anyway.
  • iiiiiusion
    iiiiiusion Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I find this rather funny, I have 8 people in my household, so i can have 16 accounts for my entire household, the entire of my family has a computer for each of themselves, my entire household spends cash for this game, so what are you trying to prove? AND recently i have to scold my kids for playing 1 account each~! :)

Well i guess what i written above just gave each of the admins who made up this new rule one tight slap.

This new set of rule, is not just a joke, it itself is a self contradictorily piece of logic.

What? Not convinced? Ermm i don't think my internet provider can provide more that 1 ip address to my home, don't even consider 6. Lets just say, the day when i get 6 ip address, i would spend on this game, rather, i spent it all on internet bills.

Come PWI Admins, consider all plausible conditions! You can do better than this, don't come up with weird rules that really doesn't make any sense! This game is all good and that, But this is too funny!!

AND give jone's blessing a damn once and for all repair, it is making much go crazy.
    b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle Don't QQ man =.=
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Maybe now that it's actually allowed Fuzzy can try his hand at merchanting through an ever present catshop like so many others do. b:chuckle

really, joking around with that grammar of yours is getting old. And the older it gets the more stupid it sounds (not to say ****).

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MeatPopcicle - Sanctuary
    MeatPopcicle - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    What about parents who made accounts in their own name as opposed to their children's?
    If for example me and my son were both playing the game on two different computers each having 2 clients open. It would appear as though it were four of me would it not?

How will you deal with this issue? A case by case basis?

This is my situation also. Son doesn't have an e-mail account, so I used one of mine for him.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Two fails in the same week from PWE staff?

I'm beginning to think 90% of their headquarters are filled with orangutan's flinging **** at each other, rather than 50% like I previously thought...
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
    edited April 2011
    This is my situation also. Son doesn't have an e-mail account, so I used one of mine for him.

If the account is under your name it belongs to you, not your son. He can't multi-client if you're online at the same time. If you wanted him to have his own account, you should have used his info or some alias that you can remember to protect his identity and given him a gmail that was only to be used for playing games. You didn't, so he doesn't have his own account. Instead you're sharing yours with him. Only two of your accounts can be logged in at any given time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Im a lil confused does it mean multi-client on 1 computer is no ban-able now but can only run 2 or does it mean you still have to have 2 computers just only 2 at same time on same IP address?

Cause if need more computers still sucks cause most people only have 1 computer.

Because id love to be able to cat shop my main and play my alt on 2nd account. (But my computer would murder me and game would prob DC ALOT)

So any clarification please and thank you.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If the account is under your name it belongs to you, not your son. He can't multi-client if you're online at the same time. If you wanted him to have his own account, you should have used his info or some alias that you can remember to protect his identity and given him a gmail that was only to be used for playing games. You didn't, so he doesn't have his own account. Instead you're sharing yours with him. Only two of your accounts can be logged in at any given time.

There's no difference between making an email for your child (the email is yours) and using one that actually has your name on it, based on the way you're defining how an account belongs to someone.
    Anyways, I don't think PW would be THAT strict about the accounts. It would probably be a case-by-case thing. But seriously people... I don't think you should worry about it until you have to. If you're an honest player following the rules you won't raise suspicion anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I just want to know how they expect someone to prove a family playing in the same household isn't just one person.

I live with my family, but I'm the only person in this house that plays PWI. However, I could very easily just list the names of all 3 of my cats and declare them family members playing on the same IP. <.<

If the burden of proof is on us, the players. Then you (frankie) better get on the ****ing ball and tell us what your masters want as proof before a situation arises.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Courtneyabwy - Lost City
    Courtneyabwy - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i find this new multi-clienting rule a bit silly. most people who wasn't multi-clienting in the first place have all their characters on one account. So not very beneficial to us, However the ones who have multiple accounts and have been breaking the rules anyway can do it without consequence now. gg pwi ya ya i can QQ if i want too :p if you wanna get ahead in this game lie, cheat, and steal.......what eves.

P>S. i want my Jones Blessing back and put the medals back in dq rewards thingy -.-
    Haterz Gunna Hate b:laugh
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2011
    actually for most homes in the US this is not accurate @ all. Case in point.. network @ home, 4 pcs, plus any wireless devices served by router. Router is "pc" on the internet and ofc has its own mac address. Lan is "nat'd" so that no pc is actually on the net ergo all are protected by the routers firewall and and natt'ing software ( is that a word? ) .
    Router does not pass the pc's mac address on, as it can be used to backdoor into pc's. So all traffic in and out appears to come FROM the router. Since the router is a computer this is perfectly normal behavior. Now of course these pc's all live on one IP because its a LAN so its shared access.

There is absolutely no way w/o mutex and honestly idk if even then, for anything outside the net to find and identify any given pc. This is the whole reason for this technology is to protect the lan completely! Its called being "stealthed" and quite frankly is the norm today.
    if they attempt to ban by IP then they are banning multiple people and with dynamic ip's this could be hundreds., if they attempt to ban by mac then they are banning EVERYONE in that household and thats wrong also.

In reality though, the client picks up the MAC address of the network adapter it is using on your computer to create the connection to the server through. In this way, they can see the individual IP MAC address of the computer you are running on. Also it is very easy to see the IP address of your specific router, and from the client side, even your natted IP address within your home network. (open a dos box and type in "ipconfig /all" and you'll see some of the data that is available.) Also it is fairly simple to see what the IP address of your router is. http://whatismyipaddress.com/ is a good site that will show your router IP. Don't believe me? check the site, then go into your routers Status page and look at what it's got for your internet address.

It would be extremely simple for them to block either an single computer by Mac address, or an entire household via the IP/MAC of the router. This is likely the method that they are using to see how many PC's are connected in one house. They can either block by the PC's MAC address or by the routers. Especially since no two MAC addresses are the same. (unless you've done some hacking on your systems.)

So they can see, if two clients are running on one MAC address that you are multiclienting, or if you have 2 clients with different MAC addresses then it's multi-boxing.

Basically what they are doing now, is having software comb through the logs that contain the data of current connections, seeking for excessive connections from one IP address. When it finds something it throws up a flag and they check it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Game_Stop - Harshlands
    Game_Stop - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Prove... ROFLMFAO Prove nothing.

All I have to say is, I do not have to prove anything to them. I figure it this way; they want to go ahead and ban me or my families accounts I will quite obviously not be returning. If they ever accused me of anything minuscule like this I would never give them another red cent and my money would be spent on another game somewhere else :p
  • Keiko_Soma - Sanctuary
    Keiko_Soma - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So there are 4 ppl and 6 computers in my house O.o how they hell are we supposed to "prove" accounts
    102 Cleric sage
    100 Barb sage
    101 Archer Demon
    101 BM Demon
    94 Veno demon
    78 Mystic, 68 Psy, 48 Sin, 30 Wiz
    I think I need to stop making alts.... :3
  • juframo
    juframo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I just posted something to see it's creation date but it shows the avatar update one... The date it self is on the My Account link at the top of the page.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Sorry for the late translation.

"Too many people are avoiding cash-shopping by solo farming so we are going to focus on this instead of fixing anything."

I wonder how far they are going to pursue this multi-client 'update.' I can see a lot of false positives in the future if the incorrect banned region issue is any indication. If there is some check in the client I can assume it's going to be shoddy and easy to avoid.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Since botters are only banned for a few days, I guess that multiclienting offenders will be banned for a few hours.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Tovii - Raging Tide
    Tovii - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i saw some shops that all looked related. similar names, similar spelling, each toon looks almost exaclty like a color-coded clone of it's neighbor.... would these rule changes do anything about that? or are we just one or 2 months away from the dreaded and game-ending

Renaming Scroll

[
    ~ On Sale This Week Only ~

or an item that is it's destructive equivalent?

and what they do to a game....

b:byeb:bye PwI
  • juanpancho
    edited April 2011
    Sorry for the late translation.

"Too many people are avoiding cash-shopping by solo farming so we are going to focus on this instead of fixing anything."

I don't know what the official statistics may be, but multi-boxers under the original policie must be a very small part of the player base, and those among said group with 3+ pcs must have been (not allowed anymore) an even much smaller part of it. I can't really see that as the reason as those MB's that play non-stop may hoarde a lot of in-game wealth for themselves, but that allows them to buy significant amounts of gold through the auction house, therefore pushing it's price up and contributing to increase the charge of zen. In contrast, players who can hardly pay their repairs either charge very little for common expenses or just quit.

As of yesterday the WHOLE PLAYER BASE is allowed to take their tank of choice and a cleric, or two venos/mystics to any instance. Those that already have a 5aps farmer can hyper-fcc a second high aps farmer in one or two weeks. Of course some people's pc's must suck, but I think a vast majority may be able to run two instances of the client without any problem. I mean, you can run this thing on an atom netbook...

That said, intended by PWI or not, I have the very bad feeling that the price of gold will get much higher within the next few weeks as a lot more casual players will be able to buy gold increasing it's demand. Of course this would also motivate more people to charge zen to auction as it gives the feeling of getting more bang for the buck.
  • louhenry
    louhenry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Long time listener, first time caller :P

Whatever the intent they had to allow two accounts since they did not give us any more toon slots with Genesis. Thus those of us who want to play one of each class need to have two accounts to do that. Allowing two accounts to be open at any time is unavoidable with the current form of the client. I can live with that if those are the rules but I want to know when they are going to start enforcing those rules cause I see three four and five obvious related cat shops around and that hurts my "business."

For example ... lets say you sell both lvls of bank quest items. It would make sense to put a shop in a starter city to sell, and you could buy most of the DQ 21 items from that shop as well. But to get Element Fragments and Dull Claws from the cheapest places (near where they drop) you need two shops set up in different areas buying - which under the current rule would close your sales shop. Suddenly the people running three or more accounts have an advantage.

Fixing the multi account abuse in grinding/lvling could be as remedied to a large extent by eliminating the follow feature ... yes it is nice when you go afk for a sec in a bh, but not really a biggie. Fixing the problem with the cat shops could be as simple as revamping the auction house to be more user friendly with more auctioneers, or unlinking shops from toons entirely - make them rentable spaces in the cities like RL shops, that stay open when you are offline ... that way, the only client you need to have open is the one you are playing.

I am just pissed that if I dont break the rules now, I am hobbled in my efforts to make enough coin to keep my skills lvl'd and my toons clothed in the right armour/weapons.

Please, the new Multi-client rule change - Enforce it, fix it, or remove it.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I would just like to say... I do not play several chars, due to the fact that I only own two comps and one is only able to run a shop at best. So two chars is actually my minimum regardless. But I still think these new rules are a joke, and I have one question that I would like answered.

Why?

Would you please tell us WHY you have limited it to two characters only? I do have a good friend that has a three character playstyle, has poured a lot of time and money into it, and really enjoys playing that way. He helps out a lot of people running FBs, TTs, chrono quests etc. playing tank/cleric/DD and is amazing at it; he isn't hurting *anyone* by playing this way, but he most certainly would quit if you took it away from him. This is what you have been telling people is fine for years so this is how he developed his playstyle and poured his earnings into. Why is three characters so much worse than two? Please tell me.

I think a three to four character limit would be much more appropriate if you are insistant on putting a limit on things. You must know that these people that you *encouraged* to multibox for years have put a lot of money into a certain playstyle and you are now neglecting them that option. It really isn't fair to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • billynormankk
    billynormankk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If multi clienting is ok to do now. How do you even do it???
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    thank you for clearing this up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)