Clerics extiction

Comments

• mlewellyn15
    mlewellyn15 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yeah you said it, it SEEMS. 'Cause it's not. I can assure you that. b:pleased

Shh! I like using the illusion of being the poor guy playing the wimpy boring healer sometimes... b:chuckle
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Every class is boring at some point and for whatever reason. I wouldn't worry about some squadmember blaming you for their own fock ups. Let them cry, dont rez them and they will cry some more.
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • Markyouwho - Heavens Tear
    Markyouwho - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Pro clerics can heal well and DD a the same sime, IH IH, cycone, welspring, weild, b:cool
    edited April 2011
    I dont know why anyone would play a cleric, seems the most boring class in that game. in saying that, please make more clerics we need you.

words of a noob b:shutup
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Dunno, Clerics are great. Too bad that when something bad happens, almost all the time people blame the Cleric. What about the lame gear on the tank?

I almost always examine the rest of the squad gears, and it's not like majority have good gears for they level. 80+ Barbs with 60's gears are a bit more difficult to heal, ya know, Barb or not.

Also, the fact that many people doesn't know how to use a pot and expect Cleric heals all the time. Just bcause it's their job.

When there are more than one Cleric and I decide to go dding on a Bh69, for example, I usually steal agro from the barbs, bms and sins (psys are good at that part).

Also, after Veno, I think Cleric is the best one for solo grinding. Maybe not that fast like Bm or so because AoEs, but way cheaper. More than -30% chan and a good weapon means that mobs almost never hit you, and MP food is cheap so you can be killing and killing non stop.

At least at mypoint of view.
    [insert sig here]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    As I said, I find clerics pretty easy to play. In fact I've been asked why heal better than cleric mains. However I would never be a cleric main for these reasons:

1) I don't like the attitude from the less intelligent players if I P.U.G.
    2) They walk too slow. I'm an archer, I need to run fast k.
    3) I don't like to cast. Yes, that also goes for every other caster out there, not just clerics
    4) It's easy to heal but it gets dull.
    5) I like to dps. So sue me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    azurluen wrote: »
    Also, after Veno, I think Cleric is the best one for solo grinding. Maybe not that fast like Bm or so because AoEs, but way cheaper. More than -30% chan and a good weapon means that mobs almost never hit you, and MP food is cheap so you can be killing and killing non stop.

At least at mypoint of view.

emm no the drops are so **** that mp food=income.
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
    edited April 2011
    depends on what you grind those posion chipmunk mobs lvl 87 are good they drop reinforced leather and nice dq plus they are easy to gather and aoe.

and if mp food is the problem use yuanxio 3 tokens =50 of em
    so their you go b:cute
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    my main is a cleric.

to start: i dig that toon a lot.

ok, sure,
    i wont even look at a pug. too stressful, as has been repeated enough for me to know FOR SURE, i am not alone. after a tough dungeon of healing, i have to talk a walk and wind down, and ..blink. but it is cool when u have a nice group of friends that you know. they respect the cleric, often many having a cleric alt.
    pug's are frickin nightmares..lol

so what do i like to do? try to kill anything i feel like trying when i ding (0.0% exp = immortality heh)

..still trying to figure out exactly where all exactly fushma wanders in that 51. that cleric is fun in there. there is no caster mini boss i havent killed yet (8x cleric with acalantha wand still heh) that ive tried.
    get some right gear, and use your AWESOME survival skills to tank melee. clerics have a nice set of survival skills: IH and purify being the two key ones, but the others all have their time and place like the Pshell and the other one. sleep... some cool stuff.
    if you like spending time alone, hang out in the wood mobs and watch venos DoTdie and other fun stuff(i have venos, i understand dot death lol)

imma play with khewy this ding..just hit 88. he is ranged physical...fun :)
    working the 69dungeon right now..i needed some better gear and a couple levels, but now im going back to get that tarox captain sacrifial assault "wowidiedfastwhenhebeatonmelasttime"

eventually i'll get the cleric into a TW guild, maybe..but im having fun relaxing through each area. if i need a culti...it takes ZERO TIME TO FIND A SQUAD heh

*** fb's and quests..stupid sht, totally not of any real use now to me...and more reetaards in dungeons....

in conclusion: i really enjoy my cleric class more than any other. i just do wtf i feel like, and *** what a cleric is SUPPOSED to do. (although i am awesome healing becasue i work really hard at staying focused while on a run and i have 470magic on a L88 so my heals are big, dmg is big..will be godzilla with either the l90 sword or that sensoid wand)..and the fun never stops..
  • Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver
    Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The clerics we are still seeing are the only pro ones left, most anyways. Those that aren't playing were probably unskilled or just learned the hard way that the class wasn't for them for it being so stressful.

b:surrender Lets help power level some new clerics and teach them how to be clerics as a team folks.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The clerics we are still seeing are the only pro ones left, most anyways. Those that aren't playing were probably unskilled or just learned the hard way that the class wasn't for them for it being so stressful.

Most of the EPs that I've known that quit were the good ones. They got tired of being called fail by all the horrible nubs who play now.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    depends on what you grind those posion chipmunk mobs lvl 87 are good they drop reinforced leather and nice dq plus they are easy to gather and aoe.

and if mp food is the problem use yuanxio 3 tokens =50 of em
    so their you go b:cute

my cleric is since a year lvl100. lvl87 dont drop for me, only coin-molds. As for spiders. Nothing actually drops at high lvl good, unless you can HF+AOE physical mobs :D which i cant.
    mp food = income. i did my count.
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
    edited April 2011
    Most of the EPs that I've known that quit were the good ones. They got tired of being called fail by all the horrible nubs who play now.

Yeah, I forgot that. Thank you for pointing that out. Seen that now so much that I even posted this on our server forums a while back. b:surrender Poor barbs and clerics.

b:victory Give the Fuzzy wuzzy's and the feather heads a hug when you see them. Better yet marry them b:dirty
  • I/OBuffer - Heavens Tear
    I/OBuffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think the main reason for the cleric depopulation is this ridiculous trend of people making 50M+ per day soloing FF for the next wave of underskilled powerlevelled squad killers coming through. All of this money flowing into the hands of anyone who can solo FF is killing the economy, choking the middle class out day by day, so many realized they better get a high level FF soloer if they want to be able to afford to keep playing
    edited April 2011
    I think the main reason for the cleric depopulation is this ridiculous trend of people making 50M+ per day soloing FF for the next wave of underskilled powerlevelled squad killers coming through. All of this money flowing into the hands of anyone who can solo FF is killing the economy, choking the middle class out day by day, so many realized they better get a high level FF soloer if they want to be able to afford to keep playing

b:puzzled FF?
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Who said clerics cant solo FC ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Imuretay - Heavens Tear
    Imuretay - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2011

in conclusion: i really enjoy my cleric class more than any other. i just do wtf i feel like, and *** what a cleric is SUPPOSED to do. (although i am awesome healing becasue i work really hard at staying focused while on a run and i have 470magic on a L88 so my heals are big, dmg is big..will be godzilla with either the l90 sword or that sensoid wand)..and the fun never stops..

How much of that MAG comes from your gear?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm planing to make a cleric.... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Alfrothul - Dreamweaver
    Alfrothul - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well I think I have some different perspective on this matter...
    The very reason why I'm not playing my cleric much more (or even PWI itself) is because its not challenge anymore (most reasons do not come to this thread actually), every 100s BH are easy to be done, Nirvana is also easy to be done... However, as most persons already pointed, being a cleric is demanding e also deal with all those dumb people makes everything worst.
    The only thing left is TW, which is an excuse to log on and play with some of the friends I made on this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011

It's choking everybody out exept the elite. I already quit. There agenda is obvious.
  • Rillman - Dreamweaver
    Rillman - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yea i got the 5aps and alot of hp but meh i can solo alot but not even +12 full vitstones and such can't solo everything . and the games no fun w/o risk of death and all but but tank death usually = squad wipe so cleric is essential , and having res and heals allows for much more suicidal play a mystic heal is not gonna do much to over 15k hp where i know some clerics that squad heal for 8k between ih's. as far as cost of each class my bs cost alot to get up and well rivals cost of alot of clerics i know shy of a few that just have mad silly gear, and charms i eat em like candy i forgot where i was going w/ this but meh . hmm i wanna go eat a few charms i guess im hungry....... later all
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Maybe It's me, but lately it seems no one makes clerics anymore, and all clerics are playing DD alts (me included). WC became, at least in DW an endless call for the few clerics that still adventure to go in a random squad, most of times only to be blamed for anything that happens during the run, including other players high pings, all dcs, possible phone calls or pizza deliveries.
    Unlike any other class clerics have to be permanently concentrated, have to heal the heroes that believe they can kill anything aka suicidal nubs.
    Clerics are extremely slow and that usually doesn't help keeping the hyper heroes alive, specially the ones that seem to believe the cleric has to keep up with them no matter what.
    Even in TW they are pointed as being slow or not being able to be evrywhere and rez everyone.
    I suggest all clerics have 3 or 4 clones, to solve all the above mentioned problems b:laugh

you know not many ppl play clerics anymore for the reason that they are costly perhaps? by the time u hit level 59 mana charms dont last for ****!!! BB rb spamming IH and the occasional stream of rejuve, etc etc...i have had a cleric since the beginning on this server so i know wtf i am talking about and you say everyone including urself is playing a DD class well no ****** ****...and why are you QQing about it anyways you just contradicting yourself while whining about it when you told everyone reading this thread you also play a dd class...if your worried that much about a lack of clerics then go and level another one up and help the clericless out cuz its bout the same here on HT except we got all the barbs in shortage cuz unless there cash shoppers they suck *** if they go claw...seeing a barb with less hp standing up than you your level is a disgrace especially if u have 14 base vitality like my bm.

ok guys bring on the mass replies of QQ i cant wait to see them, dont forget to flood my inbox with QQ too plz :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • Pirundirune - Heavens Tear
    Pirundirune - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I noticed that, but hey, that gives me more opportunities for FF and TT squads. b:laugh
    EDIT: @Crones - They aren't that expensive if you know what you're doing. I stopped using charms ages ago since buying herbs with tokens are less costly and last longer. (3 tokens for 50 herbs, that's 250k mp alone!) I don't really feel like trying to read the rest of your post since it's a complete eyesore and I fail to see your point in the parts I can read.

I'm very active on my seeker, but when someone needs me, I don't hesitate to switch back onto my main.
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    well yeah most are like that these days unless there too busy to be bothered but you forget herbs and crab meat can only heal so much and the requisite level on these items is 75. When hp charms are like 3.9mil and mp are 3mil its really hard to continue playing a low level cleric and when packs arent on sale/or no one is opening packs tokens go up and it can get very pricey...gotta think about supply and demand issues there tho. what they need to do is like 1 year ago we had a Jolly old jones event that gave those lv25 mp/hp healers like the lv75 ones we need those back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • Stillaplaya - Sanctuary
    Stillaplaya - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    First, people are begging in WC for clerics all day on Sactuary. paying even. so our class isn't dead, especailly in tw.

Second, anytime someone complains at your healing ability tell em to shut it or find another cleric. if your smart, as most clerics are, don't ever heal a party you don't already play with. **** pugs and **** WC. if u take aggro u better be able to take it until IH stacks or go cash shop some more and don't cry to me cause ill rez u with my smexy demon rez and leave ur azz. Luckily my FL isnt full of dumb noobs so just watch out all my busy clerics for those dumb aholes that like to blame the cleric. _.I.. noobs, im doin u a favor. dont cry about your charm either because my MP charm is ticking every 10 seconds.

Third, luv u all and sorry if aggro ever switched on you while i was afk healing with something on my IH key. that was actually my fault but i really needed a smoke.
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    When i started playing this game i went with wiz, you know...nukerbuild. Quickly gave up because i died a LOT and didn't know anything bout the game.

Then however, i started my cleric, and truth be told, i LOVED every second of it.

I also started my other toons, like sin - psy - bm....etc etc to get to know the classes a little bit, but i still played cleric.

UNTIL.... I got fed up with being asked all the time to rezz some poor ****, got yelled at when people died when it was their own fault, got told they "didn't need" a cleric because they could tank it all...etc etc, the list goes on.

Now, my cleric is 95 and he didn't do a single FC run. Not one. Hardly goes into a bh unless it's to help a low lvl fac member. But still i play him, get him better gear etc etc.

I see a LOT of WC's asking for a cleric for a bh or fc or whatever, but really, i can't be bothered with it and prefer just do his daily cube run or cs, then move to my sin so i can "solo" TT's and run bh's.

Last time i ran a bh79 on my cleric, the BM(lvl 100+) and other cleric and sin died on hooli....while I was the one being chased by him they ask why i don't BB.....duh.... like i'm gonna setup a BB while the mob targets me....

So, for now, i tell myself "stuff it" whenever i see anyone WCing for a cleric, i ignore it and move on to my sin or psy or bm or whatever.

I think THAT is where you will find todays clerics. Minding their own business.
  • Blue_Moon - Heavens Tear
    Blue_Moon - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    we dont have those problems in the heavens tear server, ive been playing my cleric for 3 yrs. yea ive tried other classes but i always come right back to my cleric
  • GoogleMaster - Raging Tide
    GoogleMaster - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Most clerics stick to being "faction clerics" (myself includedb:surrender). But hey, even I get out and team up with random squads just to keep my squad skills in shape. But I still say we aren't extinct. People just keep looking at the wrong places for a cleric... You want a cleric, go ask a sin to log his alt lol. 90% of the time it'll be a cleric! All but one of the fellow clerics I know, have a sin alt.b:chuckle
  • Cenire - Sanctuary
    Cenire - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I stopped playing my cleric. At first I started it and loved it, but around 75+ that fun started to disappear. I just got bored and that a lot of pressure lies on the clerics shoulders with the party. I rather play a DD to relax and have fun. It's just a game, right?
  • priesteres1
    priesteres1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ye its just a ame indeed .And i agree with a lot of people lol the reason im not in any fac is of the demands beeing placed when i just wanna do summething else lol .

I made my cleric to help my other char and my friends thats it the rest i see as i go along the cleric road lol .My main is a psy (DD) ya also magic .But i also play BM Seeker Mystic and anyting i can get my hands on lol .

Heya googster we meet again buddyb:byeb:victoryb:laugh