Clerics extiction

Options
_Thia_ - Dreamweaver
_Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
Maybe It's me, but lately it seems no one makes clerics anymore, and all clerics are playing DD alts (me included). WC became, at least in DW an endless call for the few clerics that still adventure to go in a random squad, most of times only to be blamed for anything that happens during the run, including other players high pings, all dcs, possible phone calls or pizza deliveries.
Unlike any other class clerics have to be permanently concentrated, have to heal the heroes that believe they can kill anything aka suicidal nubs.
Clerics are extremely slow and that usually doesn't help keeping the hyper heroes alive, specially the ones that seem to believe the cleric has to keep up with them no matter what.
Even in TW they are pointed as being slow or not being able to be evrywhere and rez everyone.
I suggest all clerics have 3 or 4 clones, to solve all the above mentioned problems b:laugh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Thia_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Maybe these so-called-mystics have furthermore lowered the Cleric's population?

Funny enough,a couple of years ago when I first joined Sanctuary there were lots of em,and many Guild Leaders were high level Clerics.

Now they're probably got bored to death.
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • Ankiel - Raging Tide
    Ankiel - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    its true, i stopped playing my cleric in favor of another class, simply because i find my cleric being rather expensive, boring, difficult ( you need to be focused all the time in instances ) and we seem to get blamed for everything

rather play a sin and solo most stuff on my own then deal with a squad
  • Ssapintrayas - Dreamweaver
    Ssapintrayas - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    MUAHAHAHA very funny post thanks.b:laugh

Yes, sarcastic and true. I noticed quite an ammount of WC shouts willing to pay for the Cleric if they join their squad.b:chuckle

On the other hand looking at recruitments of endgame Factions there seeme to be quite alot high level Clerics.b:puzzled
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mystics will never fully replace clerics; we have the cool buffs and the different types of healing capabilities, including blue/red bubble. It feels like the beginning of the Rising Tide expansion, when there was also a lack of clerics that were making DD alts from the new race. I would say give it some time and the clerics will come back.

I admit that I have made a lot of alts, including alts from both of the new classes, so it is a challenge to get back on my main at times because leveling at a higher level is just plain boring T_T

As a cleric I felt like I should go back to leveling this character to make myself feel most useful in a group b:victory .... yay for being lazy >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • IHazNutz - Dreamweaver
    IHazNutz - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Honestly I think they're are still plenty of clerics, they just not as willing to do p/u groups anymore b:laugh

Can ya really blame them when tanks can't hold aggro, but everyone thinks they can tank ? b:sad
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    A cleric's favorite game is pass the aggro. b:chuckle

I have noticed a few of them switching to DD toons though.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver
    Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Oh Im around b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Im a troll ;..;b:cute
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I remember in Calamity, we had to actually close off recruits for clerics for a while. I'm sure that a lot of the powerful factions on all servers were kinda like this. Now trying to find a cleric of any level is a task.

I did a bh 3-3 that took an hour to get a cleric for. Just the other day, we were waiting for a cleric for just as long for bh 59 until my friend said he'll log his cleric (he was also the tank of the run, so since he'd leave to get his cleric, we'd be out of a proper tank). Luckily, one came on just as he was about to log his.

They do exist still. But I do understand why they wouldn't want to play their clerics as mains anymore. It's why I wouldn't even use one as an alt. I play three classes that are meant for DD with healing abilities, but I get called on for healing at times, and people get mad when they die because my bubble of life is still on cooldown. And it's pretty bad on a mystic as well; mystics will never replace a cleric, but some think they will. b:infuriated
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Soira - Raging Tide
    Soira - Raging Tide Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, imo, cleric is one of the most challenging classes to play.You're slow, you're squishy and you have low hp.You're expected to always be able to keep up with the rest of the squad and keep your squadmates alive.It's always the cleric's fault if something bad happens, even if it's obvious it was actually someone else who made the mistake. b:surrender

I'm just glad there's holypath b:cute

There are times when I don't feel like playing my cleric anymore.So I log on my veno alt, do her BH, some quests, or maybe even try a TT solo mode run (they're fun :3).But then I start missing my cleric and I come back to her xD

It may be hard to be a cleric, but I love it. b:pleased
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I've done part of FCC with only a Mystic, no Barb, and good DD, in a lowbie squad. The healing trap and their arsenal of heals isn't the same as a cleric's heals, and they don't have bubble, but a good mystic is light years ahead of a complete fail cleric.

That being said, this lack of clerics is starting to hurt the game.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Ashai - Dreamweaver
    Ashai - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I started my cleric after I discovered my psychic main wasn't able to compete with the APS craze. Everyone wants a cleric, but I had no idea how many people did, I never end up looking for a squad for more than five minutes. I think part of the problem is that yes a cleric is hard to play but also just the constant blaming for everything by squad members.

Everyone knows the bm/sin that runs ahead of the barb during an fc pull, everyone tries to save him and dies and he says "Dumb cleric why the **** you no heal? You are the worst healer I've ever seen, don't heal me when i run into mobs." then ragequits, breaking up the squad >< It is a frustrating class to play that requires a great deal of patience and attention that most people don't want to give.

The trick is getting a good faction/group of friends that know how to treat a cleric so the squad succedes :)
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I thought they already died with 5.0aps and bloodpaint...
    No, I see plenty of clerics still around, and besides, mystics can't do EVERYTHING a cleric can.
    Mystics can't rez AFTER someone's died, they have little as far as non-self buffs, they can't BB, they can't RB, I don't believe they have a purify...
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Veonita - Dreamweaver
    Veonita - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Not playing my cleric anymore either.
    I blame my sin.
    I am:
    VeonitaMage Lvl 001 Mage
    LadyVeonita Lvl 034 Archer
    VeonitaMysti Lvl 055 Mystic
    $exyAlexis Lvl 090 Cleric
    $exyAIexis Lvl 092 Sin

Im in your Mind and I will never leave~
  • eztc
    eztc Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I had a cleric, but I'm not playing it anymore. Simply because I found it too stressful. Also got tired of people telling me what to do all the time. I mean there are some clerics that don't know what they're doing, but it's annoying trying to enjoy the game when you're bossed around by people when you DO know what you're doing.
    So I just stick to my BM.b:surrender
    As far as mystics go, they're an awesome class and I really like them - but they can't "replace" a cleric. I don't think any class can "replace" another. They all have their unique points and they all serve a different purpose.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah, I see (relatively) plenty of 9x-10x clerics around, and some 8x. But whenever I head into OHT, I can't help but feel sorry for the same people always sitting around up there on the platform looking for a cleric for BH 51/59 squads... b:sad

Sometimes I get tempted to help, then I remember whatever my last random was... b:shocked

(And I've even been booted from lower-level BH squads because they don't like my gear. Talk about beggars being choosers. IMO, if you have a higher-level cleric helping you at all when you need one at all, be grateful. Perhaps you'll even learn a thing or two if they fall outside the standard mold. Don't even make me tempest you for getting on my bad side... b:shockedb:angry)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yes, i agree with this. all the reasons you list, plus tan earlier poster mentioning how you have to concentrate so much, are why i dont have my cleric at or near the same level as my veno. it also is a scarier class for me, because i dont see well, and hits from left behind mobs, that my veno can take kill my cleric. the problem of keeping up i find better solved with things like stream powder, since i dont have easy acces to lots of stones to feed my fairy.

but my biggest problem is just getting my ordinary quests done. its really hard for me to fiind others with the same quests, or nearby ones who are willing to squad, so we can help each other. that goes triple for things like BHs. while they may want a cleric along, one that is not a high level is unwanted, even if my squad buffs/res are leveled.

so about all i as a cleric am good for isflying around and res, buffing strangers... im sure they appreciate it, but its notthe same as the fun of being with others, playing in a squad.guess im just better off as a veno....but its beginning to look like even that is going to be downgraded in worth by the new mystic..b:sad

Well, imo, cleric is one of the most challenging classes to play.You're slow, you're squishy and you have low hp.You're expected to always be able to keep up with the rest of the squad and keep your squadmates alive.It's always the cleric's fault if something bad happens, even if it's obvious it was actually someone else who made the mistake. b:surrender

I'm just glad there's holypath b:cute

There are times when I don't feel like playing my cleric anymore.So I log on my veno alt, do her BH, some quests, or maybe even try a TT solo mode run (they're fun :3).But then I start missing my cleric and I come back to her xD

It may be hard to be a cleric, but I love it. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Cormiira - Raging Tide
    Cormiira - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Find clerics is indeed a hard task at times. And really...Mystic can never fully replace clerics EVER. Just did BH51 today as the only healer in the group, was watching everyone's hp like a hawk and still two people died at wyvern.

We need the clerics. Please some of you guys come back. We love you. b:surrender
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm not extinct...i just got homework to do :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'll reiterate my point. A GOOD mystic is FAR BETTER than a FAIL cleric.

But, a good cleric is better than a good mystic. Personally, I'd rather have one of both. Two successes are better than just one. b:pleased

FCC 75-85 can be done barbless. I've done it with two BM's, both 85. It was quite possibly the fastest 75-85 FCC I've ever been in. When one BM was in trouble, the other would AOE stun, the cleric would throw out a Chromatic, and everything kept going smoothly.

I've been in FCC 78-85 with a barb, bm, veno, cleric, and sin, and it was absolute fail. Cleric and Barb fought over every little detail, and eventually, BM, myself, and the sin left for another squad. It was an hour and 45 minutes wasted, and I ended up with less EXP than I started. Come on...

But now, the ratio of Clerics to all other classes has gone down. There were 8 classes, and cleric:all others was 1:9 or so. Now, there's 10 classes, and the ratio of cleric:all others is like 1:15 or something. So, clerics find squads fast, level fast, and thus, you don't have the low level clerics anymore for 75-85.

That causes a blocked pipe effect in the 75-80 levels, where there are no clerics available. And since the Elf starting area is full of chirping crickets... I don't see it changing any time soon.

Oddly, there's been barbs around lately, but... Again, the ratio of barbs:all others is 1:12 or something, so they're rare. Sins:all others is like 1:5, so finding a sin, as long as they aren't invixible, is pretty easy.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • eyebegrindin
    eyebegrindin Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    damnit. i knew it was those clerics.... ordering pizza to get to my house right after a big pull just before i can use demon roar so the squad wipes.... lol.

i love clerics. i make sure to thank each one for a job well done and always try to randon squad with one for grinding quests. i started life in this game as a cleric. got to my fb19 and told the squad i had no idea what i was doing and to take it easy. so what do they do? run off and get them selves killed before i can react. i was blamed for everything. so i said whatever and rolled a barb.

i know how hard it is for a cleric. and i thank you guys for making the game playable. because without you... it just isent possible.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I found clerics relatively simple to play. What I didn't like about it were dumbasses getting themselves killed and giving you attitude when it was their fault. Even if my main were to be a cleric I doubt I'd join any random parties.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I found clerics relatively simple to play. What I didn't like about it were dumbasses getting themselves killed and giving you attitude when it was their fault. Even if my main were to be a cleric I doubt I'd join any random parties.

100% agree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • _Yukari_ - Dreamweaver
    _Yukari_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, Honestly, I enjoy my alt cleric than my veno...
    Maybe cause i like helping people...
    Even thinking about making my cleric my main lol
    Then get a rich hubby...
  • Ssapintrayas - Dreamweaver
    Ssapintrayas - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The other thing is, everyone wants a Cleric on their BH. And what do they do if they Quest:

Try to KS the Cleric then ask for Buffs and if the Cleric then says "Uh ye right...NO" some funny thing like "You Clerics are just good for Buffs anyways" pops outta their mouth.

Haveing a Cleric myself i experience far more killstealing attempts then on any other of my Chars. Most time people randomly PM me "BUFF!", "REZ!", "HEAL!". And no their not in my squad...in those moments im tempted to check the mirror to see if by any chance i became all hairy, grew a tail and started to bark.

So ontop of being treated bad in BH you often even get treated bad when doing quests or grind.

If someone actually takes the time to ask nicely like "Hey could you buff me plz?" i even take the time and mp to invite them and give them my mp draining 1h buffs. :P

Yes Cleric is not my main cos of pretty much all the reasons stated here.b:laugh

Oh and no you want your squad to think ur a mediocore healer. If they find out your a good healer they will try to find out if you are a perfect healer by simply thinking they just became invincible cos of that good cleric.b:surrender
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My cleric stopped leveling at 64 when I was no longer able to play at night with my other faction members.
    I was running their bh 51's and 59's before I even got to a high enough level to run them as my fb's, and never had any problems.

I picked a couple of random fail parties for my bh's and it went so poorly that I no longer except squad invites from people who I don't know.

Now I only get on my cleric to kill the people that are pking my lower lvl characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Clerics shall live forever
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Eh, I love my cleric. Initially I didn't think I would, because we've got a pretty big responsibility (or we did at that time - I find myself getting into a lot of squads endgame that don't actually need me. lol) But I like that now. I'm almost always in random squads and I can only think of one time I've been blamed for someone else's mistake (BH Metal - "BB IS TOO CLOSE OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE" when I was as far away from the mobs as I reasonably could be. lol)
    I'm mostly on my mystic now, and I'll admit being able to DD more than heal is a relief, but I think my cleric is still my favorite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Kirstiein - Sanctuary
    Kirstiein - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My main is a cleric. I absolutely love playing her. But everytime I need something, noone needs a cleric. As soon as I go on an alt and get into doing something. Now all of a sudden everyone needs a cleric for the very thing I wanted to do. I will litterly spend several hours watching WC to get something to do. I finally get bored of doing this and go on an alt. So maybe if ppl would do what I want to do at the time I want. You will have a cleric lol.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Considering clerics can't solo TT/BH/FC without some Uber(Money) gear, i've pretty much hanged up my feathers for the time being. The money required to keep up with other end game classes is just insane.

And i'm still waiting for a reasonable answer to why we should waste 20 million coins for a revive. (Try answering that without sounding selfish)

Edit: Seriously, stop saying nirvana, someone should not power level to lvl100 just to be able to make money, it beats the purpose of playing a game if your just gonna level past all the fun...
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Considering clerics can't solo TT/BH/FC without some Uber(Money) gear, i've pretty much hanged up my feathers for the time being. The money required to keep up with other end game classes is just insane.

And i'm still waiting for a reasonable answer to why we should waste 20 million coins for a revive. (Try answering that without sounding selfish)

Edit: Seriously, stop saying nirvana, someone should not power level to lvl100 just to be able to make money, it beats the purpose of playing a game if your just gonna level past all the fun...

TW, Its for gettign people up faster (demon) or haveing to move less (sage)

thats about it
    Gifs are hard to make work here