[Server Issues] 3-25-2011

Options

Comments

• Malicar - Raging Tide
    Malicar - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Cool, thanks for the 2x drops...the only problem, is that the server keeps going down so we aren't even getting to enjoy the 2x drops. You should extend it for a whole week...I think we deserve it. On a side note, your company is making a lot of money no doubt, so why make us do things to get 2x drops? I myself have invested lots of hours and well over 100 bucks to you guys. b:surrender
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    DW's fine....is it just RT?
    Guess so. I can log into character screen, but not into game. First get a 'Could not log in to
    server" message, which follows with the "Disconnected from server" message.

Oh well. Means I'm gonna watch Sucker Punch b:victory
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So the ddos attacker haven't give up yet after all . . cunning . . ****. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Heydee - Raging Tide
    Heydee - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Don't worry guy's, it's just because all the people in Nirvana overloaded the amount of bandwidth the server is able to withstand because of the number of concurrently running instances.
    2x drops for life!
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So the ddos attacker haven't give up yet after all . . cunning . . b:angry

Cunning? No way.

Persistent or stubborn? Maybe.

Stupid and deranged? Definitely.
    [Retired from PWI]
  • Suaver - Raging Tide
    Suaver - Raging Tide Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well itd good to know that I am not the only one having this problem. I've been having personal ISP problems during certain hours and was kind of hoping to wake up early today and take advantage of 2x.

I get to the character screen, click my char and try and get into game, and it says "Unable to connect to server." then followed by a "Disconnected from Server" message.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seems to be happening around the same time each day...Hosted a few servers my self know how big of a headache this can be to the people who are screaming all diffrent fixes to prevent the server being DDOS'd you know nothing and should stop talking about what you head on the internets... Even big corparate banks that a hell of alot more money and security regulations get affected by being DDOS'd its not something you can just fix at the drop of a hat.

I hope you do extend 2x drops though as its pointless having it if we can not play during it.
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • Adirel - Raging Tide
    Adirel - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b:questionb

Why oh Why is the server down again? I guess it's a god job I was only grinding, I may still be alive even!! who knows lol

Come on PW.. lets get on this...
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I so hope i didnt die now. Its realy hard 2 get the exp back b:sad

my one alt at L87 loses 2.5%, which is 2.5hrs farming crafting mats at the normal 1x exp rate. kind of leaves u crushed for a bit after one of those. funny how a dumb game can F with you like that.

i wont pretend to understand why, but regardless, it does lol.
  • Hiemus - Raging Tide
    Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Competitors paying hackers to come take PWI down from behind! b:laugh

I didn't even noticed there's 2x drops, but if it's true I do hope to get back on soon and make a few extra coins for rainy days~ b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    We all should have known this would happen again b:surrender I know if I had started farming again today I would have been prepared to DC again and I would accept it as just part of whats happening. Raging at PW staff doesn't do anything.

But does anyone happen to know whether the attacks are still occuring on the other games? I know FW was under attack around the same time it started here. Is it still going on?
  • Zenon - Raging Tide
    Zenon - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    quote from somone on fw forum about 9 mins ago: Okay . . after looking around it seem the ddos striking back . .
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Competitors paying hackers to come take PWI down from behind! b:laugh

I didn't even noticed there's 2x drops, but if it's true I do hope to get back on soon and make a few extra coins for rainy days~ b:victory

There's definitely 2x drops. b:victory

It's not safe to do much now though. b:sad
    [Retired from PWI]
  • AngelMo - Raging Tide
    AngelMo - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I hate to be one of the ones QQing about this. I do agree it is not PWE's fault. Although it is their job to fix it as soon as possible. What good is 2x when we can't even log in? Every day this has been happening.Not just once.... EVERY day. Ever since the expansion there has been something wrong. Unable to log into the site, DCing, Server problems,forum problems,glitches not being fixed,jones blessings vanishing. No its NOT their fault. But us buying gold to do something we enjoy is giving them a paycheck. And we can't even enjoy it? Nah but we are being compensated with 72WHOLE HOURS of 2x.. It should either be fixed or we should be better compensated.I would have rather the expansion be postponed to fix these problems first rather than dealing with this for the past month or so. Id rather play WoW and pay a monthly fee, at least their servers don't do this... Im just ranting cuz im upset but PLEASE FIX THIS as soon as possible.b:angryb:cryb:surrender
  • Adirel - Raging Tide
    Adirel - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well said.. PW is doing everything they can to resolve this issue but they are working against an unknown force. Give them time everything will be taken care of, I'm sure they have a department in their billion dollar offices that takes care of morons with nothing but time to kill.

Don't let the whiney spoilt little kids ruin your day :) if they wanna ***** and moan let them, it just makes them look foolish!

Nice post btw.. lol at the lag comment ;)
  • Hiemus - Raging Tide
    Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There's definitely 2x drops. b:victory

It's not safe to do much now though. b:sad

OoO!

LEMME IN LEMME IN!!! *bangs on server door fanatically* I need to make coins or my wife and 6 children will starve and sleep in Archosaur alleys b:cryb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malicar - Raging Tide
    Malicar - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I hate to be one of the ones QQing about this. I do agree it is not PWE's fault. Although it is their job to fix it as soon as possible. What good is 2x when we can't even log in? Every day this has been happening.Not just once.... EVERY day. Ever since the expansion there has been something wrong. Unable to log into the site, DCing, Server problems,forum problems,glitches not being fixed,jones blessings vanishing. No its NOT their fault. But us buying gold to do something we enjoy is giving them a paycheck. And we can't even enjoy it? Nah but we are being compensated with 72WHOLE HOURS of 2x.. It should either be fixed or we should be better compensated.I would have rather the expansion be postponed to fix these problems first rather than dealing with this for the past month or so. Id rather play WoW and pay a monthly fee, at least their servers don't do this... Im just ranting cuz im upset but PLEASE FIX THIS as soon as possible.b:angryb:cryb:surrender

That's how I was feeling too. I invest money in this game for my own enjoyment. I could play for free and not be as upset, but I chose not to because at the time I felt it was a well established game enough to do so. Yet we only get really short deals in time of failure, I think they should extend the 2x drop event, I haven't been able to play since it started.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ya, lemme back in for moar coins too!!!

im so poor i cant even pay attention!11!!1!!1
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    quote from somone on fw forum about 9 mins ago: Okay . . after looking around it seem the ddos striking back . .

thanks!

And getting mad at PWI doesn't fix an issue they didn't cause any faster...or make it more likely to extend 2x. Just go do something else for a little while and come back to try logging in again later...
  • GoogleMaster - Raging Tide
    GoogleMaster - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    OoO!

LEMME IN LEMME IN!!! *bangs on server door fanatically* I need to make coins or my wife and 6 children will starve and sleep in Archosaur alleys b:cryb:cryb:cry

That's actually touching.. o.o

Anyway, are any other servers laggy or something? Or is it just RT?
  • PearlBreeze - Raging Tide
    PearlBreeze - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seems to be happening around the same time each day...Hosted a few servers my self know how big of a headache this can be to the people who are screaming all diffrent fixes to prevent the server being DDOS'd you know nothing and should stop talking about what you head on the internets... Even big corparate banks that a hell of alot more money and security regulations get affected by being DDOS'd its not something you can just fix at the drop of a hat.

I hope you do extend 2x drops though as its pointless having it if we can not play during it.

I agree i noticed it too now for 3 days in a role same time im unable to conect and get the same message as u .

If they have a time pinpointed they can maybe fix it more easely .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Looks like RT crashed and restarted, so it might not have been DDoS related this time.
    [Retired from PWI]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    so i got these 2 nice L70 rings from the schoolteacher. they were free. i went there every day for a year and acted up and sassed her and everything. No spankings, hell not even a stern lecture.
    i even grabbed her caboose. she turned around and 1-shotted a psych talking to a guildie, right in the temple. bruce lee approved kung-fu move for sure. the fker fell right off the platform and hit the water. half the bh spammers threw major horns in honor of the sheer metal attack dmg she dished out. it was epic..
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Looks like RT crashed and restarted, so it might not have been DDoS related this time.

I doubt it then they crashing and restarting for 3 days long at exactly the same time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I doubt it then they crashing and restarting for 3 days long at exactly the same time

You mean it crashed before? I logged on RT just now and saw Duke at his starting position so it's almost certain it crashed and restarted this time....but I don't know about the other times. Since it is around the same time it might be an attack....but not impossible to be a coincidence either.
    [Retired from PWI]
  • GoogleMaster - Raging Tide
    GoogleMaster - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    so i got these 2 nice L70 rings from the schoolteacher. they were free. i went there every day for a year and acted up and sassed her and everything. No spankings, hell not even a stern lecture.
    i even grabbed her caboose. she turned around and 1-shotted a psych talking to a guildie, right in the temple. bruce lee approved kung-fu move for sure. the fker fell right off the platform and hit the water. half the bh spammers threw major horns in honor of the sheer metal attack dmg she dished out. it was epic..
    lolwut?
    I agree i noticed it too now for 3 days in a role same time im unable to conect and get the same message as u .

If they have a time pinpointed they can maybe fix it more easely .

o.o wha? all this happens at a fixed time everyday? Dammit... I gotta change my timezone x.x

btw, hi pearl! b:laugh
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You mean it crashed before? I logged on RT just now and saw Duke at his starting position so it's almost certain it crashed this time....

ye i have this now for 3 days in a role so there not beeing very honest unless its crashing for 3 days now .Maybe its time to fix it .Or exspend there server ? But since i have been playing now for a while i havent seen one bugs fix yet sofar .So my hopes are not that high .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    meh, just throwing random stuff out to lighten things up while waiting for good news.

so making up a story is as good as anything else. ...keepin it relaxed :)

Actually, i would love to see the teacher launch a fishface off the bh platform with a southern style haymaker.b:laugh
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lolwut?

o.o wha? all this happens at a fixed time everyday? Dammit... I gotta change my timezone x.x

btw, hi pearl! b:laugh

lol Hi googster fancy meeting u here b:byeb:victoryb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ye i have this now for 3 days in a role so there not beeing very honest unless its crashing for 3 days now .Maybe its time to fix it .Or exspend there server ? But since i have been playing now for a while i havent seen one bugs fix yet sofar .So my hopes are not that high .

Fixing the server issues won't prevent the DDoS related attacks....but I agree the servers have been very....uh....crashy lately. b:chuckle
    [Retired from PWI]
This discussion has been closed.