[Server Issues] 3-25-2011

Comments

• Lelan - Raging Tide
    Lelan - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I know its not PWE's fault, but this is kinda getting really annoying now :/
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Don't beg for frankie no admins like him in the office for this whole weekend. Why 2x for this weekend was stupid.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Heathcliff_h - Harshlands
    Heathcliff_h - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just DCed again.

East Coast servers crash has repeated for 4 days in a row, approximately at the same time every day.

Will you guys put up a schedule maybe? b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Kurerikku - Dreamweaver
    Kurerikku - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yes in middle of nirv.

if this doesnt stop soon i'll head to another game. unbstable game = not worth the time.

its not that the game is unstable, it's that some 12 year old script kiddies are trying to increase their e-peen with a DDoS attack. apparently not just PWI is affected though, other sites like netflix are taking a hit too. So hopefully the FBI/some government will find the DDoS'ers, send them to guantanmo or someplace equally horrible and "fix" them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]True clerics go HA! b:chuckleb:victory
  • Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver
    Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Fortuantely I Finished FB and Culti before this happened. However I was in the middle of a Fight and probably dead because of this.
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    East server down.yup..

I think we've sebestimated someone..
    (If u don't catch that, u didn't go on FW forums lately b:chuckle)

Oh well finally got enough divine orders to make and try Dragonfly Assault blades(for my BM) witch I did with 1 socket.. Maybe a small warp in time so people can redo their FC/Nirvana runs and I can risk making it 2 instead b:pleased

But really..if it's still those DDOS attacks, kinda blows to be in a weekend of 2x everything..

Getting a lot of people mad, but mail us each a Token of Best luck and we will all b:shutup

Joking..just waiting to see if I died in Hell on my BM testing new "blades"

Nice place to die anyway b:surrender
    edited March 2011
    Fortuantely I Finished FB and Culti before this happened. However I was in the middle of a Fight and probably dead because of this.

Hypers are on sale go buy some.... CONSPIRACY!!!! Oh look charms are on sale too and you d/c'ed and used 300k of yours.... CONSPIRACY!!! b:avoid
    edited March 2011
    East server down.yup..
    I think we've sebestimated someone..

haha b:laugh that reminds me, I should go onto FW forums to see if they made any new threats/demands b:chuckle
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    better put 2x drops/spirit/exp for more than 72h cuz we keep disconecting and losing exp and etc, because of lag...
    edited March 2011
    at least I got time now to make my siggy
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    its not that the game is unstable, it's that some 12 year old script kiddies are trying to increase their e-peen with a DDoS attack. apparently not just PWI is affected though, other sites like netflix are taking a hit too. So hopefully the FBI/some government will find the DDoS'ers, send them to guantanmo or someplace equally horrible and "fix" them.

when game shut down so many times a day randomly dc'ing its unstable, w/e the reason for the dc is.

if they'r unable to fix the ddos atatck issue then im off lol. next game be p2p i guess. f2p **** D:
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
    edited March 2011
    It's not as easy to fix a DDoS issue as your making it sound, probably using a botnet to attack, hiding behind proxies, dummy computers, etc, etc. Not many things can survive a DDoS attack, only game I can think of that might have a chance of surviving would be (a popular game played in an episode of south park cuz I don't think we're allowed to name other games xD). Best way to fix the DDoS is to fix the person doing it.
    edited March 2011
    ahhh, can't delete messages, fix this please PWI ^^
    edited March 2011
    From reports I hear it's just not PWE, it's a whole line of websites from the hosting company. This isn't an attack on PWE specifically, but it's attack on the host and whoever has them is currently collateral.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    when game shut down so many times a day randomly dc'ing its unstable, w/e the reason for the dc is.

if they'r unable to fix the ddos atatck issue then im off lol. next game be p2p i guess. f2p **** D:

P2P aren't immune to DDoS attacks.

Nothing is immune to it. All it is essentially, is flooding a locations portal (the servers themselves) with more random bits of information than it can handle.

Imagine if you will: Water trickling from a faucet at your kitchen sink is the data stream you're sending to PWE. The drain is the portal to where that data is connecting. A fire hose pointed at the drain and let loose is the DDoS attack.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    better put 2x drops/spirit/exp for more than 72h cuz we keep disconecting and losing exp and etc, because of lag...

This lag is not PW's fult it's some jerks who is attacking the company with a DDOS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I wandered over to their other game's forums, and its happening in every single game.

It isn't just PWI, and this can't be an intentional thing on the company's part.

Pissing off every single customer you have across every single game you have is not good business.
    edited March 2011
    ooo the hosting company is under attack? That makes more sense than someone having a grudge against PWI lol.
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I wandered over to their other game's forums, and its happening in every single game.

It isn't just PWI, and this can't be an intentional thing on the company's part.

Pissing off every single customer you have across every single game you have is not good business.

Do people not read? It is a DDOS attack. It's been said over and over by players and mods of the various games. It's been said all games are being affected by the attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • YouriNishi - Raging Tide
    YouriNishi - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Do people not read? It is a DDOS attack. It's been said over and over by players and mods of the various games. It's been said all games are being affected by the attack.

More like you can't read someone is attacking the host company. someone PISSED them off. So it might not have anything to do with PWI or any of their games...

Try actually reading what people say
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Thanks for the unnecessary ***** comment. I'm completely aware of whats going on, it was directed at everyone else who is taking this as a personal attack on Perfect World International only. Or a conspiracy by PWI to make us spend more money. All of Perfect World Entertainment's game servers appear to be under attack.

Take your own advice and read before you jump on someone for no reason.
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Better make it a week of 2X drops since we can't even take advantage of it right now.
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Joy lost 1% from dying from the lag. Dx God damn it. I want to slap silly the people who are DDOSing the clients. b:angry
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    RT just got mass DCed again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver
    DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    im at 98.5% to get to 99b:angry
    b:chuckleb:pleasedb:laugh
    beer and cigs makes me play pwi even more :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Better make it indefinite of 2X drops since we can't even take advantage of it right now.

Fixed.

Until the attacks are officially over with (which could take months), 2x needs to stay on to compensate for the loss those who are even bothering to log in anymore.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Merlox - Raging Tide
    Merlox - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    2x dc with in 20 mins servers down again .....
  • TheForsaken - Dreamweaver
    TheForsaken - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol highest my ping has been yet... 29835
  • Toneshifter - Harshlands
    Toneshifter - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mass dc thru TW QQ i wonder who wins...
This discussion has been closed.