[Server Issues] 3-25-2011

Comments

• Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I mean how many trained professionals can be on these forums?

More than you'd think. And they aren't the ones who will sit there arguing. They'll post a couple times (tops), in direct response, then get frustrated and start trolling. b:chuckle
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Successfully did about 9 nirvanas today, with relatively no lag and no dces. Thanks to whoevers fixing it! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, no issues here since this morning~
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Shoshoni - Sanctuary
    Shoshoni - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Its not a ****. It's a bunch of computers flooding the system with fake info. All systems are susceptable to it.

You can't really block it. You have to stop the attack at its source. Every site and server from your bank to the social security admin to paypal ect is vulnerable. It's not PWI's fult. It's how the global network is set up. They are abusing the network not haccking into the servers. Alot of the time is personal computers infected with a virus being controlled by someone doint it.

To everyone cheering the DDOSers on get a life. You choose to play PWE's games. If you don't like how they are handling their business leave. Your the idiots that are sticking with a company your not happy with. How smart is that?

I already left PWI. More than a year ago. However I do watch the forums and see certain PWI staff members continuously pissing people off, and then people like you have the audacity to say it isn't PWI's fault that someone finally had enough, and slammed them?

Really?

Nice rosy world you live in.

Simple Cause and Effect. It is totally PWI's fault for getting DDOS'd. Eatwithspoons never treated people as badly as his successor and underlings does. The lies, and constant manipulative BS that PWI staff pull on you people... really... What surprises me is this hasn't happened sooner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    On the Warriors path. Always with Honor! A Saitada Alt.
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I already left PWI. More than a year ago. However I do watch the forums and see certain PWI staff members continuously pissing people off, and then people like you have the audacity to say it isn't PWI's fault that someone finally had enough, and slammed them?

Really?

Nice rosy world you live in.

Simple Cause and Effect. It is totally PWI's fault for getting DDOS'd. Eatwithspoons never treated people as badly as his successor and underlings does. The lies, and constant manipulative BS that PWI staff pull on you people... really... What surprises me is this hasn't happened sooner.

That's like saying someone deserved to get rap ed for wearing revealing clothing. b:bye

Oh btw, I'm so sick of hearing people QQ about how badly the staff members are treating us. You act like there's only a handful of customers playing PWI compared to over a thousand of staff members. Honestly, it's the other way around. While PWI might have a bunch of tech support people and GM's, it's not always enough to deal with the mass comments/questions/needs of its playerbase. The ratio is completely out of wack, and it doesn't help when people spam tickets or threads on the forums, causing more work on top of all the work they already have to fix the first problem. Spoons may have been a good GM, but I don't see the other GM's ****ing **** up too badly. While they leave us more in the dark than Spoons did, that doesn't mean they aren't doing anything at all and just sitting there with their thumbs in their asses. And you also act like normal people don't lie. Newsflash: GMs are people too. We all lie to save our hide once in awhile. Whether it be a little white lie, like most of the time is, or a big one, like saying we are getting a TB/EG FB19, people are always going to lie. **** happens and sometimes they can't follow through on their promises. It happens all the time. What colour is the sky in your world?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Shoshoni - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    That's like saying someone deserved to get rap ed for wearing revealing clothing. b:bye

The two don't equate. But nice try.

In my business, If I treated customers the way certain PWI staff members treat the players here, I'd be out of business in short order. The customer may not always BE right (and often isn't) but there is no excuse to treat them badly, even when the customer is treating YOU badly. Not easy to do, no. And yes I know they are human and as with all humans we make mistakes but if we KEEP making those mistakes, then one needs to question why they keep making those mistakes.

Like I said, I quit playing more than a year ago. I got tired of 'the mistakes' that were never dealt with, rarely fixed and often ignored. I grew even more tired of the often open hostility certain PWI staff members showed to the players. They were able to hand out bans because their in 'control' but that still doesn't excuse the bad attitudes and frequent disregard to and for the players.

Don't get me wrong, I know dealing with people can get to you. Especially when they are some of the loudest, most obnoxious people on the internet I personally have ever seen (the players), but they are being paid to do their job, if they are unable to do so with at least a modicum of politeness even in the face of harsh criticism, then they need to find a new job because Customer RELATIONS isn't for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    The two don't equate. But nice try.

Yes it does.
    Getting rap ed with revealing clothing: An unexpected attack on someone who "could" have egged it on
    DDoS on a game that doesn't respond to playerbase: An unexpected attack on servers that "could" have been egged on
    Hm... b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The staff is treating us badly? Making jones blessings permanent, giving us 2x event WITH drops, a recent pack sale... All stuff everyone wanted. I don't see where they treat us badly, sorry. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Shoshoni - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Yes it does.
    Getting rap ed with revealing clothing: An unexpected attack on someone who "could" have egged it on
    DDoS on a game that doesn't respond to playerbase: An unexpected attack on servers that "could" have been egged on
    Hm... b:shutup

Again the two don't equate. Wearing revealing clothes is not egging someone on. People who think that way make me wonder about their ethos.

A game that seemingly goes out of it's way to anger and **** off it's player base however, does get what it deserves if someone then comes along and slams them with a DDOS attack.

One is violence against a person, and is ALWAYS unacceptable. The other is 'violence' against a piece of hardware and hurts nobody. It might damage a companies bottom line for a few days at most, but it hurts nobody.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shoshoni - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    The staff is treating us badly? Making jones blessings permanent, giving us 2x event WITH drops, a recent pack sale... All stuff everyone wanted. I don't see where they treat us badly, sorry. :/

Shallow minds, easily pacified with even shallower rewards w/o bothering to consider the larger ramifications of those very rewards... b:laugh

Anyway Cupcakes, I got things to do here in lovely Hawaii. Enjoy the game. Ultimately that is what matters the most, if you are having fun. When you are no longer having fun, then it is time to quit. Fly safe.

Have a Nice Day. Cupcakes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011

Yeah.. I don't see where "treating us badly" is...
    2 Gold Plat Charms til the 30th, along with all of what Jelly said, I can honestly say PWI is doing good, and Frankie (and everyone behind the screens) are trying their hardest to keep the DDoS away, and while they don't fix everything (IE Rubberbanding) it's not like we haven't already figured out how to get around most of the glitches. Also, I do not see any rudeness in PWI staff. Sometimes I see Frankie getting testy, but with all the rude remarks he gets, the only way to fight fire is with fire. None of the mods (although no PWI staff, they are forum mods and still useful in this) are rude to anyone, infact, they are quite fun to talk to and helpful... regardless of how we treated them when they first came out. I haven't seen much of the other GMs besides Frankie, but MonkeyShatter seems quite funny too if he would just talk more. Shnuggles is very helpful and so is Sangodoc. The only "rudeness" I am seeing is coming from you, Shoshoni. If you do not want to play PWI, that's great for you. Congrats on quitting a year ago. Leave it at that, because quite frankly no one gives a **** about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why don't you two stop arguing about ra pe and kiss each other already? Or better yet one could ra pe the other and Zan can watch b:dirty
  • Shoshoni - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Yeah.. I don't see where "treating us badly" is...
    2 Gold Plat Charms til the 30th, along with all of what Jelly said, I can honestly say PWI is doing good, and Frankie (and everyone behind the screens) are trying their hardest to keep the DDoS away, and while they don't fix everything (IE Rubberbanding) it's not like we haven't already figured out how to get around most of the glitches. Also, I do not see any rudeness in PWI staff. Sometimes I see Frankie getting testy, but with all the rude remarks he gets, the only way to fight fire is with fire. None of the mods (although no PWI staff, they are forum mods and still useful in this) are rude to anyone, infact, they are quite fun to talk to and helpful... regardless of how we treated them when they first came out. I haven't seen much of the other GMs besides Frankie, but MonkeyShatter seems quite funny too if he would just talk more. Shnuggles is very helpful and so is Sangodoc. The only "rudeness" I am seeing is coming from you, Shoshoni. If you do not want to play PWI, that's great for you. Congrats on quitting a year ago. Leave it at that, because quite frankly no one gives a **** about it.

You really don't want to see me start getting rude. I've been nice so far. But I can start being rude if you 'really' want me to be. I've voiced my opinion in a calm, rational manner. Your personal inability to manage to actually rebut anything I've said is your own personal failing, not mine.

But please, feel free to continue in your illusions. I am sure it makes you feel better about yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Why don't you two stop arguing about ra pe and kiss each other already? Or better yet one could ra pe the other and Zan can watch b:dirty

I'd rather kiss Shelly b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Then force her to take her shirt off while I watch you two kiss? b:dirty Spank her Niight, spank her hard!
    edited March 2011
    You really don't want to see me start getting rude. I've been nice so far. But I can start being rude if you 'really' want me to be. I've voiced my opinion in a calm, rational manner. Your personal inability to manage to actually rebut anything I've said is your own personal failing, not mine.

But please, feel free to continue in your illusions. I am sure it makes you feel better about yourself.

Indirect personal attacks = Rudeness.

Anyway, The PWI staff could have said no 2x drops/exp/sp and just let us constantly DC without even trying to fix it. They didn't have to compensate us for something they didn't do, and in my book, I call that being nice. Again, what colour is the sky in your world?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shoshoni - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011

Good, I don't think my wife would appreciate me kissing anybody else but her.

Anyway, have fun, i'm off to go wind surfing. o/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shoshoni - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Indirect personal attacks = Rudeness.

Anyway, The PWI staff could have said no 2x drops/exp/sp and just let us constantly DC without even trying to fix it. They didn't have to compensate us for something they didn't do, and in my book, I call that being nice. Again, what colour is the sky in your world?

Rofl. Indirect Personal Attacks? Gods son, do some research on me before you start saying that. You'll soon learn very quickly that I was being VERY VERY nice for me. I haven't even come close to doing any kind of personal attacks, indirect or otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwenwyn - Raging Tide
    Gwenwyn - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) or distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack) is an attempt to make a computer resource unavailable to its intended users. Although the means to carry out, motives for, and targets of a DoS attack may vary, it generally consists of the concerted efforts of a person or people to prevent an Internet site or service from functioning efficiently or at all, temporarily or indefinitely. Perpetrators of DoS attacks typically target sites or services hosted on high-profile web servers such as banks, credit card payment gateways, and even root nameservers. The term is generally used with regards to computer networks, but is not limited to this field; for example, it is also used in reference to CPU resource management.[1]

One common method of attack involves saturating the target machine with external communications requests, such that it cannot respond to legitimate traffic, or responds so slowly as to be rendered effectively unavailable. In general terms, DoS attacks are implemented by either forcing the targeted computer(s) to reset, or consuming its resources so that it can no longer provide its intended service or obstructing the communication media between the intended users and the victim so that they can no longer communicate adequately.

Denial-of-service attacks are considered violations of the IAB's Internet proper use policy, and also violate the acceptable use policies of virtually all Internet service providers. They also commonly constitute violations of the laws of individual nations.[citation needed]

That is from Wikipedia...

Its not PWI's fault, some arsewipe is causing the server lag and crashes. Sadly, simply IP bans is not enough, hackers can get around that stuff. Likely some punk just trying to grief people. Yesterday, server went down and wasted ticks on my charm on my one alts, and wasted a guardian scroll when I died. When the hacker is caught, I hope they fry their ball sack on a frying pan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    When the hacker is caught, I hope they fry their ball sack on a frying pan.

Smells like chicken! b:chuckle
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Then force her to take her shirt off while I watch you two kiss? b:dirty Spank her Niight, spank her hard!

ugh! fresh! b:beatenup
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • michealtt
    michealtt Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Since yesterday my ping is between 4k and 28k. every clicks takes 5 to 10 secs. my screen kept freezing.... how to play b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Got an e-mail from PWE saying they're working on kicking the attacker's butt. b:victory
    [Retired from PWI]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Its not PWI's fault, some arsewipe is causing the server lag and crashes. Sadly, simply IP bans is not enough, hackers can get around that stuff. Likely some punk just trying to grief people. Yesterday, server went down and wasted ticks on my charm on my one alts, and wasted a guardian scroll when I died. When the hacker is caught, I hope they fry their ball sack on a frying pan.

If the hackers have a ball sacks... Doesn't have to be guys... Now what I wonder about is why? I could come up with a few reasons why someone would try to **** PW but with this method they're realy bugging the wrong ppl with it... DDoS will gain them absolutely nothing... It's like being an adult and trying to take (for example) Neopets away from the little kids cause you think the site should stay offline for some reason... b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:sad Down again. Not that I was doing anything productive during this 2x weekend.
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well 9:40am EST seems to have lost the log in ability on raging tide.

...after the obligatory DC of course.

heh, glad the mobs were clear and i was just trying to pick up loot. i think i'm still alive ooooh yeah.
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:sad Down again. Not that I was doing anything productive during this 2x weekend.

may i scream your name repeatedly ?
    it might help.
  • HeavensAngel - Raging Tide
    HeavensAngel - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I so hope i didnt die now. Its realy hard 2 get the exp back b:sad
    Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself ~ f:heart

I feel lonely foxy alone
  • Hoseki - Raging Tide
    Hoseki - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Server is down again b:surrender