A non troll post by rawrgh about powerleveling

Comments

• MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Leveled my barb slowly without hypers until 80+ when everybody I knew was out-leveling me. Now that I'm 100, I sure as hell didn't want to do it all over again on my wizard.

I don't think I'm that fail though b:surrender
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    See, I think the problem is, the OP and everyone who is power leveling through 'boring, repetitive' content never understood the old saying about how the Journey is more important than the Destination.

Most people who quote this ****ty line don't understand it either.

It only has context when the person(s) involved are experiencing something/someplace new for the very first time.

When you stop "visiting" and become a permanent resident, that line means jack ****. Because trust me, when I go to the store to get a gallon of milk for my baby nephew, the journey isn't more important than that gallon of milk. That milk is more ****ing important.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver
    Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Im a troll ;..;b:cute
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    Skulla - Dreamweaver Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Most people who quote this ****ty line don't understand it either.

It only has context when the person(s) involved are experiencing something/someplace new for the very first time.

When you stop "visiting" and become a permanent resident, that line means jack ****. Because trust me, when I go to the store to get a gallon of milk for my baby nephew, the journey isn't more important than that gallon of milk. That milk is more ****ing important.

As much as I like to point out the similarities between the microcosms of game worlds and the macrocosm of the real world this is rather ironic for me to write.

This is a game. Once you become bored with it you can leave. Find another game. Play it to boredom as well.

What's wrong is, some people reach 'endgame' and have done everything they can IN the game, multiple times. And instead of leaving they keep 'playing' by power leveling people that have just recently joined.

I would guess people don't leave the game after they have done everything over and over because of the ridiculous amounts of money they spend on 'free' games.

This causes multiple problems:
    It robs new players who are power leveled of experiencing the actual game and as often as not makes a sub-par skilled player.
    It causes economic and community disparities in the game world which make it harder for people who actually want to play through the game as originally intended.

One sad thing is that the company doesn't just enable this behavior, they promote it with BHs and packs and rep sales and tokens and all the rest of the godforsaken stuff that has happened since the servers fired up. And we know why that happens.

The worst thing though is that people, even though you explain this to them over and over and over they never understand this one simple thing: YOU are in control.
    You choose to power level or be power leveled.
    You choose to sell/buy gold at X price instead of Y price.
    You choose to set the number of boxes in CoF to 100 or not.
    You choose, just for you... but are you thinking about 'just for you' too?

Oh, and about that milk trip, you might want to try changing stores/routes/times or something if it's getting to you that much.
    Because, well, you can't really find another real life to go 'play' in where there isn't a milk trip 'daily' that needs doing now can ya?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I spent 2 years reaching level 100 on my veno, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't even play much anymore after hitting 100. Got 3rd fairy, what else is there to actually do? I much, much prefer getting there, not actually being there.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So much is wrong with your post I don't even know where to begin.

But most importantly, WHY DO YOU CARE?

It robs new players who are power leveled of experiencing the actual game and as often as not makes a sub-par skilled player.

If they're missing out as you want to claim, WHY DO YOU CARE? Are you missing out? No? Then why do you care what others do? You're sitting there going "YOU CANNOT POWERLEVEL, YOU WILL NOT HAVE FUN, YOU MUST HAVE FUN!!!!! OR ELSE!!"

As for "creates a sub-par player more often that not" that's a load of BS. You're over-exaggerating and you know it.

What's wrong is, some people reach 'endgame' and have done everything they can IN the game, multiple times. And instead of leaving they keep 'playing' by power leveling people that have just recently joined.

So the minute you hit 100 you have done everything you can do in-game? Really? Bull. You mean to tell me that within one week of hitting 100 the average player has already:

farmed a nirvana weapon
    farmed nirvana gears
    farmed a full TT99 set
    gotten 5k PvP kills
    helped their guild take the entire TW map
    killed ever world boss
    gotten every one of their skills to level 11, and learned all level 79 and 100 skills

and this is just a SMALL part of things endgame players may be trying to do.
    It causes economic and community disparities in the game world which make it harder for people who actually want to play through the game as originally intended.

No it doesn't, nothing is preventing you from grinding or questing or w/e in game.

Although I love how you're pretty much telling people they have to leave once they hit endgame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So Rawrgh, have you ever completed the most challenging instance in the game?

No, not Warsong. Rebirth Alpha. With a level 40-55 squad, not one full of 10xs glitched in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    farmed a nirvana weapon What is the point?
    farmed nirvana gears What for?
    farmed a full TT99 set Pointless
    gotten 5k PvP kills Anyone can do that by attacking low levels all day, means nothing and is boring
    helped their guild take the entire TW map Pointless ever since packs came into existance
    killed ever world boss Did that well before ever reaching 100
    gotten every one of their skills to level 11, and learned all level 79 and 100 skills For what?

I don't need better gear to deal with anything that I do or have ever done.
    Main characters
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    farmed a nirvana weapon What is the point?
    farmed nirvana gears What for?
    farmed a full TT99 set Pointless
    gotten 5k PvP kills Anyone can do that by attacking low levels all day, means nothing and is boring
    helped their guild take the entire TW map Pointless ever since packs came into existance
    killed ever world boss Did that well before ever reaching 100
    gotten every one of their skills to level 11, and learned all level 79 and 100 skills For what?

I don't need better gear to deal with anything that I do or have ever done.
    For you maybe, for some of us that's stuff we actually enjoy working towards, I'm just saying there's no point telling others that they have to level slow, and telling others they have to play their way, and then saying there's nothing to do at endgame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hmm. I only read the first post. Too lazy to read the others, maybe what i want to say is said already, im sorry :3

I dont mind if someone powerlvls his char and manages to be good at his class in endgame instances. I even have respect for those that can learn how to play their class and know about the game in such little time.
    Howeverr... without all those hypers/3bhperday/oracles alot of the lvl100+ noobs wouldnt ever get to that lvl (with a few exeptions ofcourse). I mean.... a lvl100 asking what secret passage is? I dont know, that's just sad. But even then, if they're willing to listen to others, we can help and they can get better. But so many people think they're oh so powerful and mighty because they put a few thousand USD in the game and got 100 lvls in 1 month time and simply refuse to listen to respectful advice.

it's this combination of powerlevelling+arrogance+cashshopping that gives the "good" powerlevellers a bad reputation.

(my apologies for my bad english b:surrender)
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    A reason I say that there isn't much to do at level 100 is the fact that I took so long to level that I already did it all long before getting there. I was running TT 3-3 at level 92 and had the entire chrono chain done at I think 95 or 96.

One thing you can't deny is people getting powerleveled are WAY behind on quests like cultivations. Would be funny seeing a level 100 killing level 20 monsters trying to catch up on their cultivation. Also unless you are playing an alt or are an insane cash shopper, you'll be WAY behind in gear. Level 100 in level 70 gear anyone? Read the forums, its happened. Many stories about high level venos not knowing what pulling is, not knowing what any of their skills do. This goes for other classes as well. That is not a good thing. You should know all that by level 59 when you get your last normal skills.
    Main characters
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    So much is wrong with your post I don't even know where to begin.

If they're missing out as you want to claim, WHY DO YOU CARE? Are you missing out? No? Then why do you care what others do? You're sitting there going "YOU CANNOT POWERLEVEL, YOU WILL NOT HAVE FUN, YOU MUST HAVE FUN!!!!! OR ELSE!!"

As for "creates a sub-par player more often that not" that's a load of BS. You're over-exaggerating and you know it.

So the minute you hit 100 you have done everything you can do in-game? Really? Bull. You mean to tell me that within one week of hitting 100 the average player has already:

farmed a nirvana weapon
    farmed nirvana gears
    farmed a full TT99 set
    gotten 5k PvP kills
    helped their guild take the entire TW map
    killed ever world boss
    gotten every one of their skills to level 11, and learned all level 79 and 100 skills

and this is just a SMALL part of things endgame players may be trying to do.

No it doesn't, nothing is preventing you from grinding or questing or w/e in game.

Although I love how you're pretty much telling people they have to leave once they hit endgame.

First, I don't care that YOU power level. I care that the devs/GMs make it possible for you to power level to the extent that they do. I care that people lack the ambition to level regularly before power leveling alts. I care that power leveling is generally contributing more to the imbalance of the state of the game.

Second, all the power leveling makes it more difficult to ignore everything and play the game the way it was originally designed. (Yeah, that's as close as you're gonna get to a whine in here)

Third, I said AS often as not... not MORE often than not. Reading isn't all there is to this communicating-through-the-written-word business you know... comprehension really counts for a lot too.

Fourth, 105 is the level cap AFAIK so um... yeah wouldn't be jetting out at 100 would I?
    But I probably wouldn't be running a 105 anything very long either. See, I'd roll the next char and start all over again, doing it the hard way ('cause ppl like me think challenges are rewarding).

Fifth, I never said anybody HAS to do anything. That was the whole 'over and over and over again' thing...
    See what I mean about you people don't get it?

YOU CHOOSE FOR YOU!!

Just, when you choose, QUIT FORGETTING EVERYBODY ELSE!

For the record, power level or not, your choice. Be power leveled or not, your choice.
    If you think you can get power leveled from 1-100+ and STILL have experienced the game of Perfect World I think you're sadly mistaken.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    A reason I say that there isn't much to do at level 100 is the fact that I took so long to level that I already did it all long before getting there. I was running TT 3-3 at level 92 and had the entire chrono chain done at I think 95 or 96.

One thing you can't deny is people getting powerleveled are WAY behind on quests like cultivations. Would be funny seeing a level 100 killing level 20 monsters trying to catch up on their cultivation. Also unless you are playing an alt or are an insane cash shopper, you'll be WAY behind in gear. Level 100 in level 70 gear anyone? Read the forums, its happened. Many stories about high level venos not knowing what pulling is, not knowing what any of their skills do. This goes for other classes as well. That is not a good thing. You should know all that by level 59 when you get your last normal skills.

Cool, good for you. If you enjoy taking long then have fun, but if someone wants to get to level 100 and then farm their TT99 then that's up to them, besides since the TT changes you pretty much have to be 100 to farm TT3-3. And there's plenty of other stuff that you need to be level 100 to do, like farming a nirvana set or taking the entire map with your guild, or just enjoying TWs. That's the point I'm trying to make, that it's up to the player, you can't decide how others should play.

If they're behind on culti who cares? It's not a big deal, I didn't finish my level 29 until until I was level 5x, cultivation quests outside of the level 100 culti don't take very long to finish. Sure, some people are behind on gear, but for the most part, if you can afford to power level, you can afford gears. And most of us already use the gears, as a claw barb my BM already has all his level 100 gears, TT99 set, nirvana legs, lunar cape, lunar claws, Gx, Lunar ring and CoA ring, TT99 ornaments. Hell I even have decent equips at his current level, except the wep sucks but w/e I just need to be able to stun and HF.
    First, I don't care that you power level. I care that the devs/GMs make it possible for you to power level to the extent that they do. I care that people lack the ambition to level regularly before power leveling alts. I care that power leveling is generally contributing more to the imbalance of the state of the game.

Second, all the power leveling makes it more difficult to ignore everything and play the game the way it was originally designed. (Yeah, that's as close as you're gonna get to a whine in here)

Third, I said AS often as not... not MORE often than not. Reading isn't all there is to this communicating-through-the-written-word business you know... comprehension really counts for a lot too.

Fourth, 105 is the level cap AFAIK so um... yeah wouldn't be jetting out at 100 would I?
    But I probably wouldn't be running a 105 anything very long either. See, I'd roll the next char and start all over again, doing it the hard way ('cause ppl like me think challenges are rewarding).

Fifth, I never said anybody HAS to do anything. That was the whole 'over and over and over again' thing...
    See what I mean about you people don't get it?

YOU CHOOSE FOR YOU!!

Just, when you choose, QUIT FORGETTING EVERYBODY ELSE!

For the record, power level or not, your choice. Be power leveled or not, your choice.
    If you think you can get power leveled from 1-100+ and STILL have experienced the game of Perfect World I think you're sadly mistaken.

First, I would like to see the proof that you have, that the game was designed for you to not power level. Quit it with that whole "You're not playing the game how it's designed to be played" this is a freaking MMO, there is no designed way to play. The whole point of an MMO is that if you want to spend all day on arch jumping on roofs then you can. You're over here ranting that people aren't playing the way it's supposed to be, and you're wrong.

Oh, and if you've done one quest, you've done them all. b:bye

Oh and how are we "forgetting everybody else," that makes absolutely no sense at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    First, I would like to see the proof that you have, that the game was designed for you to not power level. Quit it with that whole "You're not playing the game how it's designed to be played" this is a freaking MMO, there is no designed way to play. The whole point of an MMO is that if you want to spend all day on arch jumping on roofs then you can. You're over here ranting that people aren't playing the way it's supposed to be, and you're wrong.

Oh, and if you've done one quest, you've done them all. b:bye

Oh and how are we "forgetting everybody else," that makes absolutely no sense at all.
    [/QUOTE]

All the proof you could ever want is right here in these forums. Go look, Bounty Hunter quests, packs, Jone's Blessing, rep sales, sic ad nauseum added to make playing easier for the people who can't be bothered to spend endless hours playing a game THAT IS DESIGNED TO CONSUME HUGE AMOUNTS OF TIME!!!

And yes, there IS a designed way to play. All those quests you don't like? They were DESIGNED to level you at a certain pace. Granted, they could have been designed so you didn't keep killing 50 mobs every time but they were designed never the less.

Yeah, you can jump on roofs all day every day if that's your idea of fun. But you probably won't get very far along the DESIGNED path of game play and character advancement.

And yet once again, you missed it...

EVERY thing that YOU do means YOU had to make a choice to do THAT or something different.
    WHEN you choose, it is YOUR choice ALONE to make. NOBODY else can make your choice for you.
    HOWEVER, it would be best for everyone to remember that YOU are not the ONLY person impacted by the CHOICES you make.

That last line there is the one that seems to trip everybody up the worst.
  • SIipStream - Raging Tide
    SIipStream - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Meh i skimmed your post seemed a bit QQish on the people hate power levelers but oh well most do, get over it.

I myself did not take any of the tideborn on bh runs for at least 90 days after they came out and I will not allow in my squad or will drop if and earthgaurd is in there before 90 days from thier introduction.

Game is not hard to play but skills take a while to understnad how they effect everyone in a party and what exactly negative effects could be from them.

So nice to Troll the Troll for a change.

wow a bit racist? lol i wont help new classes for 90 days b:chuckle
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I agree w/ the OP completely. I already lvl'ed a wizard from 1-100 the old fashioned way (all grinding, Zhen parties, hypers), the ONLY thing that made that trek more interesting was then pk and drama back then. Now it's just a mindless slog through NPC's.

Would I rather spend the next 6 months getting to 90, or pay 50 million coins and get that high in under a month? Well, Given that I have plenty of coins, I choose to pay, because the time I spend lvl'ing from 1-90 is time I'm not making money on my lvl 100 wiz. With how cheap exp is now, it actually makes economic sense to powerlvl...espeically for sins, who can easily make all the money back doing 30 min solo FC's and profiting millions per run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • SIipStream - Raging Tide
    SIipStream - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hmmmm is it just me or are most the negative replies from ppl that haven't quite hit end game or no where even close and the positive ones are from the ones that have made it? Regardless of how you get to end game you should at least get there before you judge ppl.
    Anyways good post b:pleased
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    All the proof you could ever want is right here in these forums. Go look, Bounty Hunter quests, packs, Jone's Blessing, rep sales, sic ad nauseum added to make playing easier for the people who can't be bothered to spend endless hours playing a game THAT IS DESIGNED TO CONSUME HUGE AMOUNTS OF TIME!!!

So you're saying that the ability to level quickly with hypers is proof that the game is designed for you to level slowly? lol.

And yes, there IS a designed way to play. All those quests you don't like? They were DESIGNED to level you at a certain pace. Granted, they could have been designed so you didn't keep killing 50 mobs every time but they were designed never the less.

No, they were DESIGNED to be optional. If they weren't designed that way then they would make it so you have to do all your quests in order to do endgame instances. They would make them mandatory. Your idea of "if it exists then the game is designed for everyone to do it", so by your logic, every guild should participate in TW, because it's there, and the game is obviously designed for every guild to TW.

Your logic fails, hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    I think its being said that the devs would not have created all these quests and maps and monsters and instances for lower levels than 100 if they did not intend for them to actually get used.
    Main characters
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    How are they not getting used?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Now you're just being obstinate, the list of added things were ADDITIONAL to the original DESIGN. All the things that make the game play in 'easy' mode are what allow you to level faster. They were added so people could faceroll the game.

I prefer exploration and challenge to faceroll any day.

Also, you admit that the quests were DESIGNED to level you at a certain pace you just disagree with something I didn't even imply... that you HAVE to do them all in a specific order?

Sounds to me like my logic is fine and your comprehension still needs work.

Been fun sparring with you, let's do it again sometime.

b:bye
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    How are they not getting used?

When there are say, 1k quests between level 1 and 100, and people just powerlevel to 100, those 1k quests do not ever get done. The text the devs wrote is never read.

When you powerlevel to 100 all the monsters between 1 and 100 never get used. The ones outside of frost that is. That's A TON of content that players completely pass by, making it all a waste of time to have even coded in the first place since it gets completely ignored.
    Main characters
  • froddoasd
    froddoasd Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I approve this threat.
  • Mendy__ - Sanctuary
    Mendy__ - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    When there are say, 1k quests between level 1 and 100, and people just powerlevel to 100, those 1k quests do not ever get done. The text the devs wrote is never read.

When you powerlevel to 100 all the monsters between 1 and 100 never get used. The ones outside of frost that is. That's A TON of content that players completely pass by, making it all a waste of time to have even coded in the first place since it gets completely ignored.

i can honestly say that i have done every quest from lvl 1 - 102 on my cleric, give or take a few that i havent finished

i have done every instance (old and new versions)

the quest chains and the story lines are not worth it-- and i dont blame the players.... b:shutup

edit: now... before bhs and hypers and all that fun stuff (when that was all we knew) sure... it was some what of an accomplishment but as frankie said "this game is evolving"
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Once u have played the game from 1-100 there is no point in just leveling regular its freaking boring IJS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rasis - Lost City
    Rasis - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011

I read carefully every text from level 1-20. From 20-60 I read faster. After I saw the pattern of "oh this mob has been bothering me, could you kill 100 of them" That's when I stopped reading.

Seriously you should play some old RPG from consoles (cause I don't know if the new ones are good) and you will see a text that is worth reading.

The story is of pw is meaningless cause the players can cause much more drama than its story. Also, the ones who change the game aren't the wraiths, its the cashop.

P.S. Lol I am a cleric but got this avatar
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011

So? Does everyone power level? No. Or are you saying everyone has to experience all of the games content? Cause in that case you better start farmin that nirvana wep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rasis - Lost City
    Rasis - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The other day someone was world chatting that he was going to quit because no one would power level him free. "There is no one nice enough to power level me free" b:sweat I think he never heard about the saying: "There is no such a thing as a free lunch"

So, in my opinion: Those who are poor or don't have any powerful level 100 are jealous they cannot powerlevel. b:pleased
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Yeah, why do you care? Or I care? PLVL and fail all you want scrubs. Not my fault you guys dieing in a simple aware of harmony culti at LVL100 b:laugh .

This is why that the heavy exp gain needs to be nerfed as well as the BH rewards.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Melora - Lost City
    Melora - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    simple aware of harmony culti at LVL100 b:laugh .

How would you know? You still haven't managed to get past 5x...