[Server Issues] 3-25-2011

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Hey all, we went through more server issues earlier this morning, but the servers are currently up, and we're still working to rectify the situation. Thank you for your patience throughout this matter.

On a lighter note, 2x EXP/Drops/Spirit is now on, and is set to stay on for the next 72 hours, til Monday at noon.

Enjoy it, and we'll see you in-game :)
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thank you!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • jakob099
    jakob099 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    When does 2x start?
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Make 2x this whole week or else every day between the same stupid times no one will be able to use the 2x drops. -_-
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    be happy your even getting compensated for something that isn't PW's fault.

their working on it. stop complaining. they know it's annoying.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
    edited March 2011

So people that can't even log in are getting compensated how?
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2011

b:laughb:laughI love your siggy part about lag.

*Waits patiently* Get that SOB Frankie and kick him in the shins for me wile your at it.

Grrr ment to edit my last post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011

What was that nice quote? "People only notice what you're doing when you stop doing it." PWI has kept the servers up with relatively no problems recently until now, so shut it. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • minerva420
    minerva420 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You promised 2x,, editing does nothing to change that fact.. We could care less if u pissed off Russia and got ****, you told us 2x so we better fckn get it
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Bet you we will d/c when 2x comes, just so the hackers **** off more ppl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited March 2011
    What was that nice quote? "People only notice what you're doing when you stop doing it." PWI has kept the servers up with relatively no problems recently until now, so shut it. b:victory

If you can't quote me an at least come up with something half intelligent about what I posted don't bother posting. None of your waste of a post had anything to do with what I was even posting about. b:bye
  • IHazNutz - Dreamweaver
    IHazNutz - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What else can I say but best of luck to the PWE team on this issue. Obviously the attackers are persistent, hopefully their equally as foolish so you'll be able to track them down :)
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011

I cant log in either, you dont hear me crying about it. i dont care whether or not i get compensation, PW isn't the blame of this attack but they are trying to solve it. you ARE getting compensation, they could have easily told you to suck it up and went on with their business.

b:laughb:laughI love your siggy part about lag.

Ty b:cute
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    PWI has kept the servers up with relatively no problems recently until now

That much I agree with. Compared to the games I've played in the past PWE has done a rather good job until lately of keeping the servers up, or fixing problems almost immediately. I'm willing to give them a bit of leeway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
    edited March 2011
    minerva420 wrote: »
    You promised 2x,, editing does nothing to change that fact.. We could care less if u pissed off Russia and got ****, you told us 2x so we better fckn get it

Still got 30 mins. Quit beind soo childish and bugging them about it. Go to page two its still in the thread. Seriously just because the thread was unstickied doesn't mean we aint getting it. Frankie is makeing a new one for each issue calm the hell down.

Correction make that 3rd page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    IF the 2x is happening, its better off if its for a week and made when the server is 100% stable because the moment people will DC on 2x, there will be 2x more rage and spam. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    I cant log in either, you dont hear me crying about it. i dont care whether or not i get compensation, PW isn't the blame of this attack but they are trying to solve it. you ARE getting compensation, they could have easily told you to suck it up and went on with their business.

Ty b:cute

I don't care if they have 2x drops, but what's the point if they can't guarantee servers will be very stable the whole time? If they are going to compensate at least do it when you are sure the servers are safe...
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    umm whne is 2x drops east server time wise?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
    edited March 2011
    umm whne is 2x drops east server time wise?

Supposedly 3pm EST & 12pm PST.
  • LappDance - Sanctuary
    LappDance - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011

While I do share your sentiment, PWE is not *entirely* fault free in this matter. They contracted with their ISP (InterNAP), so it was incumbent upon PWE to research what capabilities InterNAP has to deal with/mitigate DDOS attacks, etc.

Unless this attack was intelligently planned and executed (not likely, given the target), I'd have expected mitigation in some form by now. As it is, InterNAP appears to be either unable or unwilling to take steps to mitigate the problem.

Now, this might be because InterNAP isn't equipped to deal with DDoS attacks (not likely) or that the attack is against InterNAP's infrastructure as a whole and PWI game servers are small potatoes and thus not a concern right now (again possible but unlikely).

Most likely, though, PWE is simply paying for bandwidth rather than for proper hosting, and rather than pay extra to InterNAP engineers to resolve it they are in Do-It-Yourself mode.

Given PWE's track record in server management, this could take a *long* time.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Don't realy have that much trouble with it... Game is just a bit more laggy then usual and I only dc once every for hours or so... Good luck with those attackers though... Maybe the greed, gold prices, rank gear & aps has finaly pissed of ppl enough to attack pwi now... b:chuckle

@AnimaBlanc: That lag text in your sig realy made my day... Man I'm realy going straight to the fires now when I die... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Supposedly 3pm EST & 12pm PST.

ty bud
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    I don't care if they have 2x drops, but what's the point if they can't guarantee servers will be very stable the whole time? If they are going to compensate at least do it when you are sure the servers are safe...

and your just being an ingratefull child.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    and your just being an ingratefull child.

You do realize the whole point of 2x is to reward us for being patient throughout all of the downtime, right? So how exactly is it ungrateful to want the servers to function as they normally do? If they're unstable during 2x, it kind of defeats the point of having it entirely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
    edited March 2011
    You do realize the whole point of 2x is to reward us for being patient throughout all of the downtime, right? So how exactly is it ungrateful to want the servers to function as they normally do? If they're unstable during 2x, it kind of defeats the point of having it entirely.

Don't fall into the trap you can't reason with idiots.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    @AnimaBlanc: That lag text in your sig realy made my day... Man I'm realy going straight to the fires now when I die... b:laugh

to the fires for having a mordern sense of humor ?b:shocked

give yourself a break :pb:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stevens2010
    stevens2010 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    since when is this not PWI's fault? if you're getting DDoS for 3 days straight and can't fix, it is high time to get a new ISP.
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I am upset with with many things b:sad
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011

I never said it was ungrateful to want the servers to function properly.

Merely saying there is no point in complaining about something that isn't "standard"
    they could have easily NOT given the compensation.

And here he is asking for something that is to compensate for the time you could not be on but will benefit from when you ARE on.

I'm sure there will be some extra time to the 2X when the servers are properly functioning.
    but for now there not working and their still working on it.
    there is just no point in wining about it now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You do realize the whole point of 2x is to reward us for being patient throughout all of the downtime, right?

Except people weren't really being patient but rather raging all over the place because they didn't have anything better to do. People were ungrateful from the very start.

frankie is nice enough to still give us 2x, he just did it at a wrong time. Now he's got a bunch of bored immature kids lashing out at him.
    edited March 2011
    since when is this not PWI's fault? if you're getting DDoS for 3 days straight and can't fix, it is high time to get a new ISP.

And as soon as you do the DDOSers will used the client find the new IP and start the attack all over. It's not an ISP thing. It's people useing programs to flood servers with packets. It's not as easy to block and stop like you all want to think it is. Hell if banks can't stop it fast with al their security what makes you think a game company can.

You also cant just go I need a new ISP and bam have a new one. That takes time too.

Oh look minerva event went in right on time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.