So, why the change on PK rules in SP?

Comments

• AgentPotato - Archosaur
    AgentPotato - Archosaur Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't understand why people attempt to make such a distinction between 'choosing' to go white on a pve server and the supposed 'helplessness' against being pked on a pvp server. People who chose to play on a pvp server made just as coherent a choice to be white named as a person on a pve server, there is little difference. What I understand even less is people that roll on a pvp server and say they don't like to pk. Seriously wtf. In either case you made a choice to be in a position to be killed and pk'ed at times that you would rather not be pk'ing.
  • AnarchyArrow - Lost City
    AnarchyArrow - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So it was first said here that

"
    Can't PK in Secret Passage if you're keeping players from doing their Cultivation Quests.

Other than these two instances, I believe PK is fine as long as it doesn't become harassment, which would involve following a specific character through multiple zones, pk-ing relentlessly.
    "

But now it's changed to

"Killing players in Secret Passage is not allowed, no matter what the circumstances are."?

Because enough wana-be tough guys on PvE server end up getting owned then QQ about it? So if a level 100 red runs into Secret Passage out of SZ, they have a GM given protection? You might as well make that place a SZ then.

im not sure where harshlands pvp spots are but in LC secret passage is a very major pk zone
  • AnarchyArrow - Lost City
    AnarchyArrow - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    go hard or go home. nuff said.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Pk in SP is a classic. How can they take away that?
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Too many people QQing and sending tickets of "I was white named on PvE server/I rolled on a PvP server, and someone killed me in SP, ban plz."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Im on a PvE server but I agree this sounds just stupid,you don't need SP for Cultivation(Apart from the lv.100 one),seriously its not like preventing those to finish their cultivation 29 in Heaven's tear,if you need BH29 use the damn teleport stoneb:surrender
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just take out PvP on all servers, should solve the problem.
  • Ayz - Lost City
    Ayz - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is stupid. If they're going to ban for pking in certain places, make those places SAFE ZONES, doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out. Plus, if they're gonna complain about being pked ANYWHERE, Roll on a PvE server.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Jesus middle initial is H? What does the H stand for?

haploid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is just an example of GM's caving in to the pressure of QQ as well as not knowing how to apply any semblance of consistency between themselves. They're overworked, underpaid and definitely not up to the task even if they weren't overworked or underpaid. Training is pretty important with any job, and it's quite apparent that they don't get any of that, or discipline... seeing how everything is so inconsistent on their 'ruling's' in-game that reflect their mood or the time of day...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Plus, if they're gonna complain about being pked ANYWHERE, Roll on a PvE server.

Most of the ones submitting tickets and QQing are from PvE servers strangely enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Ayz - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Most of the ones submitting tickets and QQing are from PvE servers strangely enough
    Then that would mean they've deliberatley enabled PVP. Once again, they're at fault.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Yep, that's what makes it so funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayz - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    As far as i'm concerned, PWE need to spend more time banning the real rule-breakers, the ones who scam people, than they do on people who are PvPing people who have allowed themselves to be pvp'd
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    *Bump*

No insight on why it was changed and who made the decision? Current punishment for PKing in SP?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    *bump*
  • IHazNutz - Dreamweaver
    IHazNutz - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Dunno why you keep bumping, questions has been answered multiple times in multiple threads....

L2R b:bye
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sweet Caroline!
    Where it began, I can't begin to know when
    But then I know it's growing strong
    Oh, wasn't the spring, whooo
    And spring became the summer
    Who'd believe you'd come along

Hands, touching hands, reaching out
    Touching me, touching you
    Oh, sweet Caroline
    Good times never seem so good
    I've been inclined to believe it never would

And now I, I look at the night, whooo
    And it don't seem so lonely
    We fill it up with only two, oh
    And when I hurt
    Hurting runs off my shoulder
    How can I hurt when holding you

Oh, one, touching one, reaching out
    Touching me, touching you
    Oh, sweet Caroline
    Good times never seem so good
    Oh I've been inclined to believe it never would

Ohhh, sweet Caroline, good times never seem so good
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Dunno why you keep bumping, questions has been answered multiple times in multiple threads....

L2R b:bye

The question of why it was changed or who made the decision was answered, as well as the punishment? Do enlighten me b:bye.
  • BizHerc - Heavens Tear
    BizHerc - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The question of why it was changed or who made the decision was answered, as well as the punishment? Do enlighten me b:bye.

Srsly bro, why do you care? Do you get PK'd in there? Do you your self PK in there?
    If so, for shame, you dishonor your family....b:sad

Is it really so hard to just accept that this is the way it is now? Damn, why does everyone need everything decision explained and justified? Just play the game or gtfo.

GM's, /thread, this is going nowhere...
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I remember the **** thread involving people trying justify killing Frost as part of a cultivation because, gosh, IT'S A GOLD QUEST. But I think some mobs in there IS part of a culti. Those Ossien guard things, for one.

1. it was probably my "****" thread, thank you troll for reminding
    2. i knew it was forbidden to pk in SP so did my friend (thats why he sent screenshots in the first place). But since i couldnt find a thread with the statement anymore i played along with the argumentation of someone else "only if you need culti there is forbidden"
    3. it was haressement, since he asked like 6 times not to pk him, or pk after the boss is dead, since squad is alreeady killing him. If you dont call it haressement, i wonder if you have real friends.

4. here, you still maybe dont know it yet due all your arrogance and ignorance :), i quote it with pleasure for you
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10379862&postcount=130
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
  • Faithlezz - Lost City
    Faithlezz - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    My BM was banned 2 times in SP.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's true, the rule was changed some time ago.

As it stands today (and for the past few months), PK in Secret Passage is not allowed under any circumstances.

Why isn't it a safezone then?

Adding a safezone is a 5 minutes work for a developer. If it wasn't fixed for all these years then there is a reason for no SZ in there.

Developer is higher ranked employee than a GM, we must obey developer's vision. GM shall not set up rules against developer's vision as it would be against Terms of Service of the game.

I expect no reply from GM to this post.
    Packs World International
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ...Basically this rule makes no sense, ESPECIALLY on a PvE server. If someone chooses to go in to PvP mode then they're accepting that they can be killed. They cant argue like a PvP server player can, that they didn't want to participate in PvP, they choose PvP mode.

Agree. An I believe that SP should be a safe zone actually, but it is not cuz of a bug. Anyway, GMs should give an ultimate rule there and stop changing it once and for all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    I won't touch the questers in there, but anything red or above 90 will be free game. b:bye
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Meh, SP used to be a PK hotspot in Sanc back in like 08/09, but I kind of like west gate and silver pool better for pvp. Seems like more epic air fights there. I deleted holy path off my genie cause I didn't have the affinity nor did I find it necessary in most pvp situations, other than to chase down someone for a kill. Red sprint and cloud sprint good enough.

Rofl, found this on my xfire from like 2 years ago. Back before packs and the 5APS craze.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/83047873-4.jpg
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • IHazNutz - Dreamweaver
    IHazNutz - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Can't believe I'm wasting the time to type this, but...

The rule only changed because Frankie originally mispoke about the rule, after speaking with other staff (presumably frankies boss), editted to the current rule of under no circumstances is PK allowed in SP.

Punishment is obvious, same as doing anything else against the rules. Decided at a GM's discreation based on individual circumstance. If you get reported for doing it once, apologize and "claim" not to know the rule, I'm sure they will be fairly leniant. If they believe you are doing it in spite of the rule, and repeatedly, they can of course adjust the punishment all the way up to an outright ban.

Obviously they aren't going to ban everyone who breaks rules on a whim, they don't want to lose players. But if you prove yourself to be an idiot and more of an irritation than you're worth to have around, well.....
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Adding a safezone is a 5 minutes work for a developer. If it wasn't fixed for all these years then there is a reason for no SZ in there.

what, pray tell, is the reason the entrance corner of cube room #1 is not a safe zone?

yeah, fixing it might just be a five minute job. the devels ARE, in fact, THAT incompetent. face facts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why was Secret Passage even popular for PK to begin with?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Mendy__ - Sanctuary
    Mendy__ - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why was Secret Passage even popular for PK to begin with?

it became populuar because people didnt have to watch their backs... it's a very narrow opening to enter the pk zone so easy to see who comes in and out compared to somewhere like west arch or silverpool -- you have to look from all angles, even above you...
This discussion has been closed.