So, why the change on PK rules in SP?

Okeano - Harshlands
Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
So it was first said here that

"
Can't PK in Secret Passage if you're keeping players from doing their Cultivation Quests.

Other than these two instances, I believe PK is fine as long as it doesn't become harassment, which would involve following a specific character through multiple zones, pk-ing relentlessly.
"

But now it's changed to

"Killing players in Secret Passage is not allowed, no matter what the circumstances are."?

Because enough wana-be tough guys on PvE server end up getting owned then QQ about it? So if a level 100 red runs into Secret Passage out of SZ, they have a GM given protection? You might as well make that place a SZ then.
Post edited by Okeano - Harshlands on

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    GMs can never agree on that rule, it changes weekly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I remember the **** thread involving people trying justify killing Frost as part of a cultivation because, gosh, IT'S A GOLD QUEST. But I think some mobs in there IS part of a culti. Those Ossien guard things, for one.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeaahhh....If you got a lowbie in there that is trying to do culti, just point them outside where it is easier to find the mobs...

otherwise, PK to hearts content...just watch out for those stupid *** white names who think "Maybe if i run...*dead*" >.>....

Newbs can NEVER run fast enough to avoid any sort of AoE skill....sorry newbies.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    No, for cultivation you never need to go into secret passage. The only way that you could say that you would need to go to secret passage is that you need mobs in 4th map to for level 100 cultivation which means you need to access past maps.

But if you're a level 100 and can't deal with being PKed then you are a terrible player with no in-game friends and no decent guild that will accept you.

This rule changes constantly.

It was, you could PK there but you couldn't be harrassing others, i.e killing them an excessive amount of times.

then it became you couldn't PK there at all

then it became that you could PK anywhere (but room 1) as long as it wasn't interfering with a spiritual cultivation quest.

and now we're back to you can't PK there at all.

Basically this rule makes no sense, ESPECIALLY on a PvE server. If someone chooses to go in to PvP mode then they're accepting that they can be killed. They cant argue like a PvP server player can, that they didn't want to participate in PvP, they choose PvP mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wrong Perses... according to this, you can't PK in there at all.

ANd I assume this thread was made referring to the latest threads earlier today/yesterday (on page 2 atm). regarding this post:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10379862&postcount=130

Ya... he changed it within a week AFTER talkign with his boss i guess, 6 MONTHS AGO. Where do you get it keeps changing all the time. Far as I've ever read i knew you can't PK in there period. And i dont' even PK ROFL Christ I'm not even on a PK server and could care less about it and i knew this.......

Btw u notice the first thread u linked was earlier then where he talked to his bosses i guess? I would take the final post as the official stance on this..... since it hasnt' changed since. Although i have to admit it's kinda funny, no matter what game i play not one GM ever says the same thing, it's like they all have different rule books.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    then why the hell are you posting in this thread Chadric =.=''?
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    cause i felt like it?
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    why dont they just make this entire area a secure zone just to end it all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    they prolly dont' know how (the new devs that is) b:laugh
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    People should NOT get to QQ about getting PK'ed on PvE server. They made the choice of going into PK mode. Frankie, can I send you a PM and QQ about it everytime I get PK'ed as a red name on PvP server? I know I made the choice of getting red hours and all, but I should still have the right to QQ right?
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    not arguing with that...... u go PK on a PvE server you deserve to get nailed lol

But that wasnt' the topic. It was they keep changing the rules.. which as far as i can tell they (or just frankie) only did once, after he talked to his boss (I guess it was his boss.... lol idk he said the "other" GM's though).
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    not arguing with that...... u go PK on a PvE server you deserve to get nailed lol

But that wasnt' the topic. It was they keep changing the rules.. which as far as i can tell they (or just frankie) only did once, after he talked to his boss (I guess it was his boss.... lol idk he said the "other" GM's though).
    The rule has been changed several times, and GMs are never usually able to make up their minds about it.

I remember once I PMed eatwithspoons asking if it was bannable, he replied saying as long as it wasn't harrassment and I didn't PK him repeatedly then it was OK.

That day I killed someone in SP, once.

The next day I was banned for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    wow that's um............ no comment.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's true, the rule was changed some time ago.

As it stands today (and for the past few months), PK in Secret Passage is not allowed under any circumstances.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The problem is, as Rawrgh is hinting at, that the rules of the game are pretty much up to the discretion of whichever GM is handling the ticket. They've shown time and time again since I started playing PWI that they don't really follow a set standard of rules for many of the issues in the game. So catch the wrong GM on the wrong day, get banned. Catch a different GM and you are fine.

Grr Frankie Ninja'd me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited March 2011

As it stands today (and for the past few months), PK in Secret Passage is not allowed under any circumstances.

Will it be changed to a safezone then? Most players don't read the forum, and even the ones that do might miss threads like this. So people are going to start getting banned for PK-ing in an allowed area, by game mechanics, that isn't allowed by rules?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011

Ok, I get PvP servers, that makes sense.

But PvE? If someone on a PvE server is white or red named, he choose to enter PvP mode.

On a PvP server you can say that the people getting PKed just don't want to be active in PK, but in a PvE server, that guy choose to be able to get PKed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Room 1 PvP is still allowed by in-game mechanics, but not by the PWI rules; I'm assuming it's allowed on the PW-CN version since they never bothered to change it back to SZ.

So as long as the PWI version conflicts with the PW-CN version rules, in-game mechanics will never be altered unfortunately. But then again people on PW-CN probably b****/QQ a whole lot less. People here don't have very much tolerance.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So if Im walking through sp and a faction that has used the new guild system to kos my guild starts to attack one
    of us in sp, we can in no way defend ourselves?

Also, you are not allowed killing. But it never says anywere that a person cant stand there and destroy a persons brand new charm, or leaving someone near death to die by mobs, etc.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Room 1 PvP is still allowed by in-game mechanics, but not by the PWI rules, but I'm assuming it's allowed on the PW-CN version since they never bothered to change it back to SZ.

So as long as the PWI version conflicts with the PW-CN version rules, in-game mechanics will never be altered unfortunately. But then again people on PW-CN probably b****/QQ a whole lot less. People here don't have very much tolerance.

Well, yea, but Cube entrance is a small glitched area. SP is like... huge. What's next, PK won't be allowed at Westgate because all the 2X doing quests there might get scared?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    You can already get banned for killing at public quest areas.

I'm pretty sure that there's no rule stating PK is against the rules there, but you can still get banned for it, depending on the GM that handles the ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited March 2011

do you get paid for making terrible decisions? I can hit yes/no at random too, sign me up b:shutup
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You can probably get banned for anything if people QQ harassment, even if it isn't. b:surrender
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    They cant argue like a PvP server player can, that they didn't want to participate in PvP, they choose PvP mode.

Being on, and continuing to play on, a PvP server in and of itself means you want to participate in PvP. That argument seems a bit irrational. If a player chooses not to participate in PvP at any given time, they should be on a PvE server where they get to pick and choose the times they are in PvP mode.

As for PvP in SP - i know certain players that I have only ever seen there which appear to camp that spot to PK lower levels that turned on their PvP mode out of curiosity. I take it then that PK'ing these SP campers is bannable?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    They were warned of the consequences when they entered PvP mode, and they choose to ignore them. They have no one to blame but themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This change is rather G A Y.

If PK isn't allowed, turn it into a freaking SAFE ZONE already.

Jesus H Christ.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Tigriss_f - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_f - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Jesus H Christ.

Jesus middle initial is H? What does the H stand for?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Hmm I always thought his middle name was f***ing.
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It stands for Holy of course
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Jesus H Christ.

Why do you care o_o, I thought you quit this gameb:sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
This discussion has been closed.