Rank 9 BladeMaster/Sin Fail

Comments

• Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    r9 favors DPH over DPS.

Axes do the best DPH of the 4 weapon paths.

r9 Axes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    r9 favors DPH over DPS.

Axes do the best DPH of the 4 weapon paths.

r9 Axes.

It favors DPH over DPS for sins and BMs. Archers and Barbs it favors DPS over DPH.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I agree with the go full vit build and be a freaking BM like you should be statement.

Since calling someone a "vit build sage BM" is considered an insult on most servers, I'm pretty sure the person posting that was joking...
  • Jannove - Harshlands
    Jannove - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i am a bm, have been for about a year now. not much into other classes right now due to having to start all over thing (isnt my thing, ya know? lol)

and actually i see loads and loads of r9 sins and r9 archers and so on in harshlands server. loads of r8-r9 magical classes tbh.

i only know of 1 BM to go r9 iin harshlands and he looks 2 be a full vit axe build which would be hit man (idk how he has his name spelt with the CaPiTaL letters and all) and rumor was, he was 1 shotting ppl (but ofc he has like +10 on his r9 axes) haha. so that could make a difference.

i'm an axe/ fist/claw build BM i tank and am a supporting bm in a squad. i stun lock when i want.

yes i love the APS i am 2.22 with out spark. 2.5 with heel and 3.33 with spark. i love the aps its fun to see how many crit hits i get in. granted i go fight a sin and them being 4 APS and r9
    i get 1-2 shotted no joke. i marrowed + fully buffed 20k pdef still the 1-2 shot problem. so in the end with a sin vs bm its who gets the 1st hit and who can stun lock the best.

granted i would hate for the dev's to take our APS away. i really would. coz i've been working on and long for my aps. and its not ez when u dont have much money 2 spare to begin with.

its pretty bad though now days. people plvling their characters and then when they reach lvl 100 not known how to use them and when they end up with rank gear they gonna be like wtf do i do.

any who i've been hearing this rumor about the APS gonna be nurfed for like over a year now. still nothing? i just think some one just started that rumor with no proof. any who its not the bm's and sin we will have to worry about any more.

its the new Mystic's i have to worry about as a BM. they seem to be op to me. having that knock back skill to take 80% of my hp then another mag shot from them im down. we need a anti knock back pot or genie skill plz. (it was a lvl 90 mystic i believe i fought).
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Anyone notice how every piece of rank 9 equip gives crit, attack level, and -interval or -channeling. OH WAIT, besides the BladeMasters and Sins, there isn't one piece of Rank 9 equipment with -interval for either of the MELEE DPS classes. Even BARBS get -interval on gloves and leggings, WTF is that?! Could we remove whoever's head from whoever's *** that put the stats on this gear?
    Put some -interval on Rank 9 armor (where's the R9 Fists? Are we not BladeMasters, do we not wield EVERY weapon? Are there BM's besides Axe that want a rank 9 weapon?! We have to buy skills and mastery for EVERY path, it's like paying for 4 classes in one. There's R8 weapons for each path, wtf!?) and Daggers at least. Have the devs not played the game? There are only two fist/claw weapons a bm can use with -interval besides Nirvana. A BM without -interval and fists/claws at lvl 100 is pretty much ignored these days. Which brings up another point, who uses poles or swords? Oh ya, they've made these two paths craptaculous compared to axes and fists. Surprise!
    It's seriously moronic to make a class like BladeMaster's who have the choice to purchase skills for 4 paths and 4 different mastery's while only offering them one choice of weapon through Rank 9.

Get over yourself and learn the value of axes. It's not like you'll never need full R9 for PvE, so the interval setup of gears work just fine. When you DO need full R9, it'll be group PvP and that's where axes come in.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Anyone notice how every piece of rank 9 equip gives crit, attack level, and -interval or -channeling. OH WAIT, besides the BladeMasters and Sins, there isn't one piece of Rank 9 equipment with -interval for either of the MELEE DPS classes. Even BARBS get -interval on gloves and leggings, WTF is that?! Could we remove whoever's head from whoever's *** that put the stats on this gear?
    Put some -interval on Rank 9 armor (where's the R9 Fists? Are we not BladeMasters, do we not wield EVERY weapon? Are there BM's besides Axe that want a rank 9 weapon?! We have to buy skills and mastery for EVERY path, it's like paying for 4 classes in one. There's R8 weapons for each path, wtf!?) and Daggers at least. Have the devs not played the game? There are only two fist/claw weapons a bm can use with -interval besides Nirvana. A BM without -interval and fists/claws at lvl 100 is pretty much ignored these days. Which brings up another point, who uses poles or swords? Oh ya, they've made these two paths craptaculous compared to axes and fists. Surprise!
    It's seriously moronic to make a class like BladeMaster's who have the choice to purchase skills for 4 paths and 4 different mastery's while only offering them one choice of weapon through Rank 9.

Is craptaculous a word? Because Poles are actually really deadly. Swords are the massive fail.

You can still get 5.0 with Georenox Vanity, which is equal damage to deicides unless the deicides are higher refined.

If you want more damage with fists, go re forge Peak of Clouds until you get a frenzied rage. At 2.86, the proc is deadly in PvP. When it activates, it puts you at 3.33 and doubles your physical attack. That damage would be similar to a 6.66 base. And it activates rather often. With these fists, try and learn to glitch dbb+gs. You would destroy charmed fully buffed barbs without using any sparks.

Yah I agree they should have -interval for every melee class. But they also don't have -channeling for all rank 9 mages.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It favors DPH over DPS for sins and BMs. Archers and Barbs it favors DPS over DPH.

Ok, but for example: if I wore full rank 9, I would lose -0.15 attacks per second from my currently equipped gear and -0.20 attacks per second from my maximum.
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Or maybe you could put up the damn fist, pull out those axes and learn to stun lock again, or have some of these new BMs forgot how to do that since their too busy wailing with their fist? Axe is favored over fist in TW regardless. PvP went on long before interval was even a common term, and guess what BMs used? Axes. They were still able to kill people and they didn't have a set that gave them +50 attack levels and god of frenzy. Honestly if you can't kill another player with that you need to roll another class. If this is too much of a problem just get interval gear. There's no need for +50 attack levels anyway when every boss drops in less than a minute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If you want more damage with fists, go re forge Peak of Clouds until you get a frenzied rage. At 2.86, the proc is deadly in PvP. When it activates, it puts you at 3.33 and doubles your physical attack. That damage would be similar to a 6.66 base. And it activates rather often. With these fists, try and learn to glitch dbb+gs. You would destroy charmed fully buffed barbs without using any sparks.

I've been curious about this proc but have yet to actually see it, afaik there are only 2 peak of clouds on HT and 1 dance of universe, none of them have frenzied rage, im curious if the proc has the effect of making all hits double damage. or just doubles the attack increase of berserk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've been curious about this proc but have yet to actually see it, afaik there are only 2 peak of clouds on HT and 1 dance of universe, none of them have frenzied rage, im curious if the proc has the effect of making all hits double damage. or just doubles the attack increase of berserk.

It would be double physical attack, but i have a feeling that its not exactly double. But would still be deadly
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Djoulz - Lost City
    Djoulz - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    rank 9 doesn't make you immortal, just makes you look like you got a nice credit card limit
  • MarcsLegacy - Sanctuary
    MarcsLegacy - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    this is why i have two sets of EQ, aps and r9 =]
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    there are a few things wrong with rank in my opinion which prevent me from even wanting it on certain classes.

The initial post states that.... simple lack of choice of the gear. I do not want arcane an I do not want a pataka. Magic sword please.... damn patakas!
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok, that's nice and all, but really makes no damn sense. If they wanted to do that, why the heck would they give archers a total of .25 - interval with only 3 pieces of gear. Or! put -10 channeling and 2% crit on the wizards weapon, hell, even the barbs get -.15 interval with 2 pieces. Seems BM's and Sins just got the **** end of the stick here (barbs too).
    Let me lay out a little math for ya. This is the stat differences for the rank 9 sets, included only real differences not static amounts on gear.

Vit 40 str 40 hp 720 crit 6% - BMs
    Mag 40 vit 30 hp 720 crit 7% channel -10% - Wizards
    Vit 40 str 40 hp 720 interval -.15 - Barbs
    Mag 40 vit 30 hp 925 crit 4% channel 9% phys 313 (on wep) - Veno's
    Mag 40 vit 30 hp 925 crit 4% channel 9% - clerics
    Dex 40 vit 30 hp 925 def lvl +3 interval -.25 - archers
    Mag 40 vit 30 hp 925 crit 5% channel -10% - psychics
    Dex 40 vit 30 hp 925 crit 5% def lvl +3 - sins

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Rank_and_Reputation - check here to look at rank equipment.

BladeMaster's can only choose ONE Rank 9 weapon, the Axe. Where's a petition to add the rest of our weapons? It's not like every class in the game has to purchase 4 different mastery's and sets of skills.

Saying archer gets -.25 is misleading. Sure, we get -.25, but with a freaking bow. And the bow fires slower than if you wore tt99 ornaments. Not only that, there's no -int on chest.

Basically you have to toggle the -int to get speed with fists, which is fine. But making a claim archers are lucky to get -.25 is wrong. The bow just doesn't fire that fast if you wear a full set of r9. I think .9 aps, would have to log in... Add up the fact at that aps it takes a year to recharge chi bar w/o skills/genies... the bow damage still doesn't come close to a r9 sin.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    same hehe
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited March 2011

YES! i dont get all this QQing

a real bm should have all weapons and all of the skills
    the others are just AFK-Autoattack noobs

PVE Bossfights are not everything, forgot about AOE?
    forgot about pwning with a poleblade and axe?

like i have Channeling gear for certain PVE stuff and Def gear for TW etc
    whats the matter ? lol

the class of BM can be so awesome but all u want is more DPS more DPS more DPS D:

the R9 Axe has everything you ever wanted a axe to have, look at it its lol-awesome
    >.> and they (devs) wanted to balance the game out
    when they do this only by adding new gear nobody will get hurt
    would you rather like them to cap aps at 3.33?
    or change tt99 set adds?
    i like potato
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    They picked the two classes that became the most OP from -int and decided not to give them the rank 9 weapon. So that casters and others can stand a chance. Even still, 5aps sin/bm is the most OP class in the whole game. Get over yourself. Not every thing has to cater to your fighting preference. For those BMs that dont' go APS, they need good gear too. To those casters that got to fight against these guys, they need good gear too. You can't have everything be satisfied you're the most op class in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Ok, but for example: if I wore full rank 9, I would lose -0.15 attacks per second from my currently equipped gear and -0.20 attacks per second from my maximum.

Yes, but it still gives -.15 more than BMs and Sins. The weapon also gives -.10. Total -.25.

A BM equipping full Rank 9 would lose -.25 and puts them down to 2.00APS. Even losing -.15 it's still more favorable than Nirvana to say the least in terms of defense and maintaining 5aps.

My point still stands that overall DPS is still maintained; whereas for a BM DPS is not maintained, it actually decreases.

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Saying archer gets -.25 is misleading. Sure, we get -.25, but with a freaking bow. And the bow fires slower than if you wore tt99 ornaments. Not only that, there's no -int on chest.

Basically you have to toggle the -int to get speed with fists, which is fine. But making a claim archers are lucky to get -.25 is wrong. The bow just doesn't fire that fast if you wear a full set of r9. I think .9 aps, would have to log in... Add up the fact at that aps it takes a year to recharge chi bar w/o skills/genies... the bow damage still doesn't come close to a r9 sin.

OMG. Another RT idiot.

-0.25 interval on a R9 bow, especially with high refines is just broken. Especially when you're full interval already.

Just... Go. Away.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    OMG. Another RT idiot.

-0.25 interval on a R9 bow, especially with high refines is just broken. Especially when you're full interval already.

Just... Go. Away.

You go away. I doubt you have a full set of r9 on archer to even know what -.25 does for the bow.

I have every single piece of int piece. The bow doesn't OD / 5APS zerk fists.. nub..

And if you're talking about PK... then almost any class with full r9 will be a bit ho-ish.

Besides which in PK you don't need -int on an archer's bow...
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You go away. I doubt you have a full set of r9 on archer to even know what -.25 does for the bow.

I have every single piece of int piece. The bow doesn't OD / 5APS zerk fists.. nub..

And if you're talking about PK... then almost any class with full r9 will be a bit ho-ish.

I don't have an archer with full r9 to know what -.25 does but I sure as hell know what 60 atk lvls with a full r9 set can do to my barb and they sure as hell don't need anymore damage then what they already get.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    and they (devs) wanted to balance the game out
    when they do this only by adding new gear nobody will get hurt

~facepalm~

What part of "HIGH ATTACK POWER SUCH AS RANK9 ATTACK LEVELS BENEFITS RANGED DDS MUCH MORE THAN IT DOES MELEES"didn't you understand?
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Nub? I've been 10x since before you started playing. You're an idiot.

QQ more about -0.25 interval on a bow more please. It's broken. Sorry it's not broken enough for you.

I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Nub? I've been 10x since before you started playing. You're an idiot.

QQ more about -0.25 interval on a bow more please. It's broken. Sorry it's not broken enough for you.

Archers before rank 9 were always underpowered against equally geared classes.

Everyone knew this and there was enough fact video, and statistical analysis to prove this. Just go dig up the threads 1-2 years back.

Thats why -0.25 interval was given to rank 9 archers. Its actually quite balanced amongst the R9 classes. Without the interval the +60 attack levels of miniscule damage doesn't make much of a difference.

Also the -0.25 interval only increases attack rate from 0.69 to 0.81. Hardly significant compared to BM/Sins 4/5 aps with critstrike damage and Sacrificial strike.

When Wizards and clerics rock 10K+ physical defense there is no way for archers to really compete unless they have the interval.

If you honestly think its really bad you should go fight NyKage in your own guild and see how much that Sacrificial strike hurts.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Everyone knew this and there was enough fact video, and statistical analysis to prove this. Just go dig up the threads 1-2 years back.

Thats why -0.25 interval was given to rank 9 archers. Its actually quite balanced amongst the R9 classes. Without the interval the +60 attack levels of miniscule damage doesn't make much of a difference.

Also the -0.25 interval only increases attack rate from 0.69 to 0.81. Hardly significant compared to BM/Sins 4/5 aps with critstrike damage and Sacrificial strike.

When Wizards and clerics rock 10K+ physical defense there is no way for archers to really compete unless they have the interval.

If you honestly think its really bad you should go fight NyKage in your own guild and see how much that Sacrificial strike hurts.

You can't compare a cleric with a wizard in terms of phys defence dude. Only the mystic comes close with theyr self buf Verdant Shell, which bufs phys def by 80% (compared to wizzy's 100% at lvl 10).
    Cleric has no such skill
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ~facepalm~

What part of "HIGH ATTACK POWER SUCH AS RANK9 ATTACK LEVELS BENEFITS RANGED DDS MUCH MORE THAN IT DOES MELEES"didn't you understand?

but thats a good thing! b:chuckle
    i like potato
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I agree with the go full vit build and be a freaking BM like you should be statement.

but for TW purpose, stay your 5 aps build plox.

figured it out yet? no? ktnhxbai

This statement is so stupid you just lost all my respect Kokki
  • eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    u want interval on bm and sins r9 ?
    then give the magic classes god of frenzy for their weapons ....

seriously stop qqing r9 is fine as it is atm
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011

Archers before rank 9 have always been underpowered? Gtfo. Look what classes has been on the top of the PvP rankings for the past 3 years, and still are. In terms of K/D as well as kills.

Archers purging as fast as a BM zerks on a .83 APS weapon is pretty ****ing broken. My G15 Axes with GOF Zerk Crit Rank 9 Archers for 5K, they can crit me back for 10K and purge (unsparked). Triple sparked I've been hit for 18K through True Emptiness.

The fact that there's like 4-5 different phys def buffs compared to 1 magic def buff make even zerk crits from Rank 9 axes look like ****.

These days all the Rank 9 archers having advanced purge, G16 gears, and 90 attack level vs BMs stuck in G12 interval gear since Rank 9 offers none, sounds pretty balanced. Yeah, right. I spit on you sir.

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    there is way too much stupid in this thread of it to be safe for anyone, i request it be closed immediately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]