Selling Jone's Blessing

Strife_son - Sanctuary
Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
Searched the forums but haven't seen whether or not the sale of jones blessings by players, to players, is legitimate. Any official word on this? Seems like selling something that is unable to be traded is exploiting the mechanics of the game.
Post edited by Strife_son - Sanctuary on

Comments

• imlong
    imlong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    you better be trolling.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    how can u sell it if its unable to be traded...

its like when people world chat about selling bound gear. waste of a tele, you can sell something u can trade
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • arkangel001
    arkangel001 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011

its like when people world chat about selling bound gear. waste of a tele, you can sell something u can trade

wrong my friend, u can sell it

if u have a bleesing in ur mail then go and take 20 quest (full quest)
    then take the blessing from the mail and done

u can trade ur blesing now... =/

its suposed to be "unable to be traded"
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Apparently it can be sold through a catshop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Can be sold. Got people trying to sell them for 2-3mil on Sanctuary. Would like a GM or mod to weigh in.
  • Mendy__ - Sanctuary
    Mendy__ - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Can be sold. Got people trying to sell them for 2-3mil on Sanctuary. Would like a GM or mod to weigh in.

epic....
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Considering that is to only way for players to get a new blessing at the moment I don't really see where there is anything wrong. As long as there is no scam or deception involved. This is just the market stepping up to provide a service which PWE is failing to provide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Leolin - Dreamweaver
    Leolin - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's already in the post about the issue that blessings should be fixed in the upcoming maintenance...if you honestly are paying just for 1 days use (at most) I laugh at you.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Using this method to be able to sell what is intended to be a non-tradeable item is considered an exploit, and thus is a bannable offence.

So to make it clear,

If you sell the Jones Blessing to another player or have it set up for sale in your cat shop, your account is subject to suspension/termination.

We are currently working on the Facebook Connect issue, and the Jones Blessing will be available for free through Facebook Connect very soon (hopefully tonight).
  • Leolin - Dreamweaver
    Leolin - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Considering that is to only way for players to get a new blessing at the moment I don't really see where there is anything wrong. As long as there is no scam or deception involved. This is just the market stepping up to provide a service which PWE is failing to provide.

technically, this is something that is not meant to be able to be done, however currently is able to be done in the right way at the right time...
    In other words, this is the VERY definition of EXPLOITING.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    technically, this is something that is not meant to be able to be done, however currently is able to be done in the right way at the right time...

Well if the page actually worked noone would need to use this workaround. Ultimately though its the GM's call and frankie has been uncharacteristically clear on this matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011

I found some truth, and I HIGHLIGHTED IT for EMPHASIS. >_____>

It's lame to sell them... Come on, I missed the LIVING HELL out of my last one today, doing BH's and such. But, I adapted. Honestly, there was a time before these things were available...

And the anni blessing was better, IMO. The Def level was really nice... Kinda like a mix of Black and White voodoo at the same time...

Edit: Allllllsoooooo... Expect them to fix this exploit some time soon... I won't be shocked if they do. The ticket that drops from the mailbox may be 'untradable' in itself, so... Just stop doing it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for the clarification.

Look forward to you guys getting the site working again.
  • Ankiel - Raging Tide
    Ankiel - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Using this method to be able to sell what is intended to be a non-tradeable item is considered an exploit, and thus is a bannable offence.

So to make it clear,

If you sell the Jones Blessing to another player or have it set up for sale in your cat shop, your account is subject to suspension/termination.

We are currently working on the Facebook Connect issue, and the Jones Blessing will be available for free through Facebook Connect very soon (hopefully tonight).

does this include account stashing and/or trading to alts ?

i presume so, but i want to be sure
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    some pple are too desperate lol..........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    People have sold their celestial fashion tickets like that too. The full quest list makes the ticket sit in limbo till a spot is available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Anything for a few mil. I'm not surprised when I was told the name of one of the guys doing this.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    if you don't get caught it's genius tbh...

since you got them for free, you have an unlimited profit margin. People selling them for 2m is insane. If they sold 10, that'd be like charging 50 zen and selling it in AH. You saved yourself $50 by selling a free product.

God I wish I had stocked up on Jone's....

if it weren't bannable that is b:avoid
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    if you don't get caught it's genius tbh...

since you got them for free, you have an unlimited profit margin. People selling them for 2m is insane. If they sold 10, that'd be like charging 50 zen and selling it in AH. You saved yourself $50 by selling a free product.

God I wish I had stocked up on Jone's....

if it weren't bannable that is b:avoid
    same mechanics as merchanting >_>
    'start off with less and end up with more' lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    does this include account stashing and/or trading to alts ?

i presume so, but i want to be sure

Are they stashable? If the ultimate item isn't stashable... Then there's your answer.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited March 2011
    Are they stashable? If the ultimate item isn't stashable... Then there's your answer.

Unless you report yourself, the chances of getting caught doing that are pretty remote.

Not saying you should doing it, just pointing out the obviousb:cute
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I lol'd when I read this thread. I have to admit I'm impressed by the creativity. I don't think I ever would have thought of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    I lol'd when I read this thread. I have to admit I'm impressed by the creativity. I don't think I ever would have thought of it.

Too bad players are being exploited in the name of creativity 8/
    edited March 2011
    Too bad players are being exploited in the name of creativity 8/

Frankie:
    "okay players, I need you to point to where the creativity exploited you."
  • sarahhowells
    sarahhowells Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011

So to make it clear,

b:cryb:angry
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    last night I posted in world chat as a joke that I was selling my collection of them and people actually whispered.... I thought they were crazy but now I see why they would believe such complete BS b:laugh
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yeah it should be fix. Still makes me wonder who spend time on this to find those way around. Well who ever you are, nice use of your time.

Well seeing every one cry for 30% bonus on damage, makes me wonder if I can get a free MP plat charm for my mp regen skill and oh btw why don'T u give me a blessing for every day I played before the blessing facebook pages started. I feel like I deserve it.... you know... just because ....

b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A fac member reported seeing them being sold for 5 mil each.
    Insane, I thought, but then he also said that he bought two, which I sincerely hope he was joking about lol.

To anyone who's willing to pay that much for blessing...is playing without the extra damage, like before the blessing was available, so bad really?
    Jeeze.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    To anyone who's willing to pay that much for blessing...is playing without the extra damage, like before the blessing was available, so bad really?
    Jeeze.

sometimes i've gone back to the merchant after a nice hour or so of grinding, thinking myself more pro than usual for not having stolen aggro from my pet nearly as often as usual, only to notice the damn blessing had been expired the entire time. playing blessingless on my veno... is something i should actually do more, i think.

playing blessingless on my wiz is pure agony, though. then again, me and that wizard... don't really know why i still bother. just stubbornness, i think.

haven't even tried to put a blessing on my seeker yet. working fine so far anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Jeeze.

I can sort of see someone willing to pay if she or he is involved in the Tiger's Event. Higher placement has higher rewards, which may or may not pay back the cost.

Sort of.
This discussion has been closed.