bms vs sins <opening up old wounds>

Options

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    another thought: roar, sin expel, purge spear, occult, hope for purge...if purge switch to axe drakebash.

first of all, roar has a chance at missing.. tidal can resist purge.. and even if it doesn't resist purge, the tidal buff will not be taken away. So lets say the sin had full buffs (self + barb + ep + bm), you have a chance at purging with a purge pole, if the chance on the pole procs, then there'd be a chance tidal resists the purge.. and even if you somehow miraculously both happened at the same time.. the sin would lose barb/ep/bm and still have tidal on.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • nomnomnomyum
    nomnomnomyum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Stealth makes them OP, along with higher dps, better stun locks, 35m teleport, and better defensive skills.

In every REAL mmo you'll run into that one class with stealth stop >o>, ijs....
  • nomnomnomyum
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Epic fail. I never needed a genie to kick a sin's **** in duel as my BM >_>.

It takes a skilled player to understand and be what a "good" is.
    It takes a genius or (a sin that been around the block a few times) to be a true master of sins
    most people dont have that kinda skill then it becomes easy to beat a sin ( or any class like it in any other game *cough* rouges in WoW :D ) most people can't handle our type of power. Maybe you ran into someone like that
  • nomnomnomyum
    edited March 2011
    Options
    erm to be honest, just looking it like this way, BM still is HA, reduces quite some damage the sin will trow at him, and what about the BM his lvl 100 skill, sorta like invoke onely less good.

if the sin gets stunned hes done for imo, BM has a way better chance to be alive after a stun lock then a sin does, and BMs are masters of stuns

i think it would be a pretty fair fight but, my vote goes to the BM

Yea but......between end game tidal protection and mazed step the BM WONT stun me :D:3
  • Ryoutah - Harshlands
    Ryoutah - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yea but......between end game tidal protection and mazed step the BM WONT stun me :D:3
    then the bm can kite. tho that's what archers normally lmao but any class can use it 2. when maze goes off. the stun. if u have tidal protection on then the bm dg's then brambles. deaden nerves ticks. if the sin get a stun on the bm and the bm can't break then the sin wins. anyway if all goes in the bm's favor then he wins.
  • nomnomnomyum
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This is what you consider among the worst defenses in the game

-50% immunity to any negative status (such as the BMs stun / Occult Ice)
    -25% chance to not take any damage
    -Immunity to being 1 shot
    -An instant cast anti stun skill
    -Force stealth
    -Evasion as high as an archer
    -HP regen on all attacks

This is what a BM has

-high pdef
    -an instant cast anti stun skill
    -an instant cast 20% hp recovery

Also the OP is talking about a full +12 sin / BMr. That kind of sin has like 25k pdef while the BM would have what 30k?

tho we do have better buffs your wrong about something....its ether tidal protection or fouced mind...not both XDDD
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Assassins, of course, it was written from the beginning, and I'll tell you why: the new character classes were never meant to be balanced. They were shrewdly calculated to be OP, because PWE wants to nudge every spender that has already built a character into re-spending for another, and the best way to do that is to make it better. I haven't played the Genesis update yet, but I'm sure the same holds true for the new races, they are probably more OP than Tidebornes. It's purely based on PWE greed, no more, no less. They understand that people who CS these games do it because they'd rather die in RL than lose in an ingame duel/PK, and therefore will pay any amount to have the latest flashy toy. This is that serious to some people, and those are the target demographic for everything that happens in this game.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    then the bm can kite. tho that's what archers normally lmao but any class can use it 2. when maze goes off. the stun. if u have tidal protection on then the bm dg's then brambles. deaden nerves ticks. if the sin get a stun on the bm and the bm can't break then the sin wins. anyway if all goes in the bm's favor then he wins.

so wrong I don't even know where to begin.. or bother.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

1. When you have demon roar, it will never fail even with tidal.

2. Using bramble rage is probably the worst thing you spend genie energy when fighting a sin.

Demon ROAR SON!
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options

uhhh no. Demon roar would have a 50% chance to work vs a sin with lvl 10 tidal.. and a 33% chance to work against a sin with sage tidal.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

2. Using bramble rage is probably the worst thing you spend genie energy when fighting a sin.

Demon ROAR SON!

1. I have Demon Roar. Tidal protects against it.

2. Yup.. it's usually best to save energy for Expel/Domain or try to keep them in a stunlock with Occult once Tidal wears off. At least that's how I do it anyway.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They should actually nerf tidal with lvl 11 skills that says they shall always succeed.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Good, more bms than sins, guess. The bms votes are half deccent aatleast b:victory
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Good, more bms than sins, guess. The bms votes are half deccent aatleast b:victory

hey I can vote on every char on all of my accounts too! sins going into the lead!
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if all goes in the bm's favor then he wins.

Any class can beat a sin if everything goes in they favor. Point is that 9 times outa 10, the sin wtfpwns the bm
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hey I can vote on every char on all of my accounts too! sins going into the lead!

if we can't be grown up about this then plz close it down b4 more kids come out from beneath the covers to scrutinize this thread.b:sad
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sin vs BM = ninja vs samurai

but in this case sin always win.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options

Now sins are ahead by 11 :)
  • LilKiler - Dreamweaver
    LilKiler - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The sins are one of the best PvP clases...i just saw a 1vs1 PK with one pro sin and one pro bm....bm just won 2 times and Sin 1 time....i dont know if was only luck or the sin was a fail.....but a sin can still win a pvp vs any class....FTWb:shyb:coolb:sin
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The sins are one of the best PvP clases...i just saw a 1vs1 PK with one pro sin and one pro bm....bm just won 2 times and Sin 1 time....i dont know if was only luck or the sin was a fail.....but a sin can still win a pvp vs any class....FTWb:shyb:coolb:sin

How could the sin be pro and fail at the same time?
  • Dakuken - Dreamweaver
    Dakuken - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Which two? o.o And why didn't I get a ticket to the fight? b:sad
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options

Sin is a fail for losing in a 1v1 against a non-tideborn.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sin is a fail for losing in a 1v1 against a non-tideborn.

Not really true. Back in my fail pk'ing uncharmed days, I 1 vs 1 a charmed sin 3 times and won 3 times.

Really only skilled sins can beat a bm. And skilled sins are so RARE.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Not really true. Back in my fail pk'ing uncharmed days, I 1 vs 1 a charmed sin 3 times and won 3 times.

Really only skilled sins can beat a bm. And skilled sins are so RARE.

The sin you beat was fail.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

lol'd
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options

That's what I said, why you gotta say it twice?b:chuckle
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's what I said, why you gotta say it twice?b:chuckle

By saying "Not really true" after quoting me, any reasonable person would assume you did not agree that a sin is fail for losing to a non-tideborn in a 1v1. You seem to actually agree with my post now, which leads me to assume you are suffering from a multiple personality disorder where your dumb half wrote the first part of your post.. and then the logical half took over when you agreed! b:victory
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    <--dumb half

yo, what did I miss?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    <--dumb half

yo, what did I miss?

Well.. there was some nerd rage, e-peen stroking, then a chocolate teddy bear with lazor cannons destroyed the city! Was ****ing awesome, you shoulda been there. Shame my therapist isn't gonna believe this when I tell him b:sad
  • CaptYamato - Archosaur
    CaptYamato - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i just gotta say that it would be a pretty close fight. i am a sin and i know that unless you use your skills perfectly a bm can get you good. i think it would be one of the most exciting fights for this very reason. i think that a pro sin would have an advantage tho simply cuz by using sin skills at the right time, sins Can be 'unbeatable'. i myself would probs never be this good tho lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See me on Archosaur server. i'll be there all weekb:chuckleb:victoryb:thanks