New classes overpowered

Comments

• Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    safyres wrote: »
    I watched BOTH seekers and mystics kill Wicked Pirates at LOWEST lvl req. with NO help. And with no problem. I've played several classes, and I know how long it takes to kill most mobs (average time/effort) and these classes are WHIPPING through them. So....even if you don't think they are OVERpowered, they are still more powerful than previously existing classes IMO.

Erm, venos can solo Wicked Pirates at-level too. I used to hold aggro over them while faction members killed them back when I played my veno. Does that make venos OP? Mystics can tank those with their pets just as well, but I have a really hard time believing that a seeker could solo it "with no help" at-level, unless they were charmed.

Also, if you've even tried a mystic, you'd see that they run out of mana very quickly, therefore they don't really "whip" through mobs, due to all the downtime you have to spend meditating/potting up.

In all honesty, I used to kill faster on my veno, and I wasn't even pure mag. b:bye
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yeah but the cooldown on it is extremely long. 168 seconds.

That's pretty fast compared to buddha guard (10 minutes) or dragon bone (5 minutes) actually.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Haza - Heavens Tear
    Haza - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    At least the orginal classes dont seem so underpowerd since earthguards were released, i still wish they reworked on some of the old classes just to keep up really.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    anyone who thinsk Seekers are anywhere neer overpowered has some kind of brain disfuction

they are wuss as f.k

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

seekers 1v1 is a joke. there so easy to kill its not even funny. they do more dmg then a barb ya, but they cant hold aggro for **** so a barb will always be better at tanking. and a BM can just switch to claws/fists and automatically be 100x better then a seeker.

and lets not even put sins into the equation.

btw, ALL the classes can solo wicked pirats/oracle mobs....................... are you even serious with that statement? you should stop posting. save yourself the embarrassment.

You're all a bunch of idiots.

There's no real way to tell if they're overpowered or not until someone hits 10x, gets their endgame gear and starts refining.

The seeker has a moving zhen and can steal an enemies positive buffs. Sounds like the class has potential. Talk about not needing to be buffed for PK if you can just find someone's buffs to steal.

So, the moral of the story is... wait for someone to get a +10 (or better) nirvana or rank 9 weapon with end game armor and refines with most of their lvl 11 skills before saying something is OP or not. Everyone knows end-game balance is the only thing that really matters.

b:bye

by potential you mean there useless till they get rank 9 right? cuz thats exactly right.

this game is built on who has the bigger wallet. u know that i know that. theres no balance to it. so stop kidding urself.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yeah but the cooldown on it is extremely long. 168 seconds.

According to ecatomb it's 60 seconds at lvl 10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Mendy__ - Sanctuary
    Mendy__ - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    According to ecatomb it's 60 seconds at lvl 10.

b:surrender yesh its only 60 seconds at lvl 10
  • Vaktoth - Sanctuary
    Vaktoth - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    safyres wrote: »
    I stated in previous post that I watched a Seeker SOLO Khewy with only a cleric. I watched BOTH seekers and mystics kill Wicked Pirates at LOWEST lvl req. with NO help. And with no problem. I've played several classes, and I know how long it takes to kill most mobs (average time/effort) and these classes are WHIPPING through them. So....even if you don't think they are OVERpowered, they are still more powerful than previously existing classes IMO.

You said it was a level 50 one. A lvl40 barb or bm (and surely a seeker too) can do that if properly geared (mold and/or 3*). Khewy works like an archer, so his damage is cut by 50% at melee range. Just don't let it kite you as it tries to do at the begining and when it's hp hits like 25%-30% and it's and long but easy kill for a heavy armor with a cleric backing up.

Also, most new toons are alts (or parallels on separate pc's) of higher level toons that can provide high level buffs and fund some really nice gear that allow such feats without much problem.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Also, most new toons are alts (or parallels on separate pc's) of higher level toons that can provide high level buffs and fund some really nice gear that allow such feats without much problem.

Some certainly are, but many do not know basic things about this game and they struggle to stay alive.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    by potential you mean there useless till they get rank 9 right? cuz thats exactly right.

this game is built on who has the bigger wallet. u know that i know that. theres no balance to it. so stop kidding urself.

Kidding myself? I dunno how many times I've seen a R9 EP kill a R9 sin or archer. Or mage or bm, or anything.

Rank 9 Sin, Archer and Mage > all other classes. I don't know how they compare to the new classes, but give them all high refined full sets and all of the classes are not equal, if that's what you're trying to say.

Maybe you should actually level a char to 100 and find out for yourself instead of talking out your **** all the time.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Makseleren - Heavens Tear
    Makseleren - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Seeker is not overpowered. Not played one yet but I wouldn't either. Hard to achieve crowd control, not that much damage and no stun immunity. And I bet my chocolate not one single seeker goes vit in order to make a tanky char. Mystic is quite good on the other hand. Very good but not overpowered. In PVE is the first class of the new ones that old classes are happy to have in party (from my exp), cheap (when grinding normal mobs), very easy to survive when ganked by mobs and overall fun to play. Some previous poster said they don't have control skills, actually they have quite good contol skills (summon stun, the sleeping plant and the paralyze/seal AOE for a start).

I agree seeker needs help in the future. The devs were so affraid not to make op classes (like the TB) that they exagerated a bit b:chuckle on the seeker. With the mystic they're spot on.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think Demon Quid Pro Quo is rumored to be able to steal positive buffs.

Depending on how it is implemented it could be one of the most broken things in the game (at least for PVE).

Just log on your wiz alt and steal Stone Barrier, then log on your Mystic and steal Verdant Shell, then log your sin and steal Chill of the Deep / stealth. Steal all the other epic long-lasting self buffs in the game and go solo Harpy.

It was, not anymore. It was the testing version. Just yesterday, they got nerfed to 2 seconds silence instead of steal buff. Quite a lot complain about it in Wanmei though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • safyres
    safyres Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm glad I could get others opinions (which is what I originally asked for). Those of you who replied...You're nuts, or **** you don't know what you're talking about, or no they're not.....thanks for the valuable input.

To the rest of you:

It seems like the Mystic is considered the more powerful of the two. So, since I have no Seeker myself, and was going off several faction mates saying how easy everything was and how powerful they seemed--it's good to know that might just be them! =)

I do have a Mystic, but got sick of how fast and easy everything was...I like to play for the squads, so maybe this just isn't a class for me. I've only bh'ed with one Mystic so far, and wasn't nuts about how the group played out. No one waited for the cleric, so lots of people died, but no one cared...cos: "hey!! I can pop right back". Again, maybe just a fail group.

For the record, I don't seriously PvP, so I wasn't referring to OP in that sense. More that everything just felt too easy. But that's also the reason I refuse to Oracle-level a character.

And thank you for those who posted info on Khewy's range att...not stats I had before. *Thumbs up*

If I sounded a bit ranty in the original post, I had just grouped with my first Mystic and Seeker in BH and was a little frustrated. Then again, they were above 60 pretty darn fast...and as other pointed out in this thread, who can know their class very well when they just level.....without knowing what their toon can do.

Thanks again for all the input. Enjoy the game....that's the point.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And I bet my chocolate not one single seeker goes vit in order to make a tanky char.

hand over that chocolate; i know a couple seekers just in my guild alone doing vit builds with plans to tank. in fact, i'm in the minority building mine to DD, among my guildies anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Get to lvl80 first. Or at least late 60s or 70s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Makseleren - Heavens Tear
    Makseleren - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hand over that chocolate; i know a couple seekers just in my guild alone doing vit builds with plans to tank. in fact, i'm in the minority building mine to DD, among my guildies anyway.

But... but it's mine.b:sad

To the opener, you might have been unfortunate and ended up with a fail group. Don't get me wrong, grinding is easy but the rest of what PVE is can still be a challenge. Now I love my mystic and think is the best class for me so far and anyone that doesn't try it at least until lvl 60 is missing something good. You don't have to be an oracle char. I'm till 55 because I only lvl up by questing and de some BH when the quests are done. Now some other people complain about mystic (you know who you) but I think is the best class of the new ones. I squadded with lots of people, my lvl and higher and the response for what I did for the group was nothing but positive.

@ mooy I did see the sage/demon skills but I couldn't find the 79/100 ones. The sage and demon are not that bad. Just what I was expecting and goes for almost every class in pwi. Sage saves mana demon saves chi.

Gl in game and bye.b:victory
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    I only found mystic lvl 79, 100 skills so far. They are the 5 skills at the end of the list. Yes 5, 2 lvl79 skills and 3 lvl 100 skills for mystic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yea ive ***** every EG i have dueled with Ease ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IFailHarder - Raging Tide
    IFailHarder - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i play a seeker and the fact that they cant use fists is kinda *** so i think im going to reroll to bm seeker just isnt working out imo they are not OP they are UP forget the seeker and i dont like casting classes so imma go ahead 2mro and reroll bm dont worry ill still have my name and troll wc for no damn reason but ya so peace love and happiness seekers blow mystic on point
  • Baoxian - Raging Tide
    Baoxian - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't know about the Mystics, but I don't think Seeker are over- or underpowered.
    But I don't know the Sage/Demon Skills or the Skills beyond lvl59.

They seem underpowered compared with the 5 APS Characters and Sins, but that
    counts for all non-APS Character. Right know, I think they are able to boost
    "Traditional Squads" with their Debuffs
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Seeker suffers from a scenario that most job/classes suffer from in most MMOs.

It is a late bloomer. Sucks in the beginning, gets better later..although by that time, people would have given up on it.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011

It is a late bloomer. Sucks in the beginning, gets better later..although by that time, people would have given up on it.
    i certainly certainly certainly really really really hope so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • $_Seeker - Heavens Tear
    $_Seeker - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    you can't judge seeker or mystic till players get
    used to play these new classes and their skills , don't forget something that if i am a new BM or any other old classes then i have seen many of them were playing and i have ideas about how to controll them , but for seeker and mystic we have to wait for a while till we can say yes or no
  • Amourie - Heavens Tear
    Amourie - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    All I see is people saying things are overpowered. This is OP, that is OP, you are OP, I am OP. Everything is OP, hence making nothing OP. Get it?
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    All I see is people saying things are overpowered. This is OP, that is OP, you are OP, I am OP. Everything is OP, hence making nothing OP. Get it?

The only thing that makes something OP is someones ability to complain about it :P
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I find them both to be balanced well having played both... just the expansion does nothing to balance the only over powered class which is the assassin.
  • krelianmage
    krelianmage Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Currently playing a seeker, my personal opinion about it is that they are balanced...

Problem is, everything else is OP

Which makes Seeker underpowered

Also, Swords kinda suck...

And it seems seeker is pretty much a PVE class. my guess is that they gonna suck at end game PvP.
  • WhiteVoodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVoodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mystics hit pretty damn hard, but they go no control skills whatsoever, so they die alot in PvP. They are a very good support class in PVE with some nice buffs/heals to off heal like a bm used to be an off tank.

seeker are very underpowered, they lack control skills as well, altho they have some very nice group buffs and a movable aoe

so all in all a pretty balanced expansion, so once they nerf the sins it's a very goods balanced game again. More then most P2P i've ever seen

die allot in pvp? don't forget pve.... i swear, the majority of the areas i've grinded in have atleast one mystic laying face down in the dirt from a major case of deadness. i haven't seen asmany dead seekers, but still, i've seen allot^^ it's obscene, it's like the map has been turned into an earthguard graveyard.

and if you want to use your "pet"'s skills, a mystic is an mp sink that does not have a drain plug, i mean seriously, they're pot junkies... yes, okay, soul abzord does allot of damage, however, with the 5 second channel time, it you get hit by it in pvp before you've hit them with a stun skill, or done something to interupt it, then it's completely your own dam fault.

sure, they've got healing skills, along with pets, but ta be honest, the pets, they're sub par, at best, so with healing them, and healing yourself, you run out of mp, very fast, and needless to say, in pvp, that can be a problem for a caster.

the new classes aren't overpowered, i mean, come on, seekers are officially the only melee class that can't get 5.0 aps. oh, and this isn't much, but it annoyed me atleast, they can't even use small things the otehr classes use ta up their stats. example: the crit arrow trick... can't equip a bow, can't do it.

the list goes on and on people, if you think they're overpowered, then you're just incabable of accepting change, and you need ta seek help with that.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011

they suck at 10x to. its litteraly not till u get some kind of rank gear that they start to "bloom" and even then they are only good in group scenarios. they suck across the board in 1v1.
  • Jaynna - Harshlands
    Jaynna - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    all in all..the new class is a bit too strong...I've seen mystic killing monsters like me and he was 10-15 lvl smaller...
  • Blunnon - Raging Tide
    Blunnon - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have a lvl 90 Seeker atm, and would say its a good class, not OP in PvP but has some hard hitting combos, I 2 hit a 101 BM in a duel and I know duel doesnt count but the thing is a phys class 2 hitting another phys class 11 levels above me is pretty good imo, ive had enough time to try my seeker out in every instance, Its constant AoE is ubber dmg, as with BP on i can tank the whole big pull by myself in FC, which i think is horendous, they drop like flies. Mp usage is insane though using that skill but is remedied with a charm and mp food. Seekers will be more useful in TW than anything else, which I am part of a TW faction, and PvE with its crazy debuffs possibly allowing non APS classes to join in on High lvl instances.

As for a mystic i have guild friends with lvl 90 mystics alts and they are pretty crazy in terms of their summons the 20 sec crag summon deals a lot of dmg which is nice and their Pushback skill that works in PvP is insane if you think of its applications. Mystics are looking to be support classes but with the right gear can be pretty handy in all situations.

Although with both classes it is WAY to early to tell of their true potential as they do not have 79/100 skills or demon/sage. We can translate stuff from the other versions BUT until they actually come out and are implemented we can only speculate.

My 2 cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]