New classes overpowered

Comments

• Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    a veno can do that as well.... they are not over powered from any perspective.... you could QQ about them being able to push players back but the fact of the matter is they have no active stun on them themselves... and the push back pushes you out of range from another one of their attacks allowing you to kite and come back in for a stun.
  • Djoulz - Lost City
    Djoulz - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    rank 9 mystic or gtfo
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I say seekers are OP in FC/Delta. Squadded with one earlier in FC and seeker with bloodpaint solo killed most of the pulls without BB and we were just running from boss to boss. He wasn't even 90.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Xyrika - Archosaur
    Xyrika - Archosaur Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    so what?? Thats a well known bug.. It's not that mystics are the first that kill Gouf that way.. No, Venos did that before and already for a looooooong time. Just because a mystic can perform some of the tricks venos can do doesn't mean he is Overpowered.. A mystic can also pull mobs aside with his pet, does that make him overpowered too, becuase he knowes how to use his pet?

But I can admit a mystic is powerfull.. I soloed TT 1-1 on lvl 60. A Veno usually can do that on 63(if he doesn't spend lot of monney and get a herk). But really that are 3 lvl. In my eyes mystic is just another different class which is NOT a veno and NO replacement to a veno.. But it's a good magic DD and I think that in times of 5APS a good magic DD is missing. All in all I would say if 5APS stays noone should complain about mystics or seeker which NEVER will be more OP than that.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    But I can admit a mystic is powerfull.. I soloed TT 1-1 on lvl 60. A Veno usually can do that on 63(if he doesn't spend lot of monney and get a herk). But really that are 3 lvl.

reason us venos tend to wait until 63 to do that is we get another level of pet heal then.

and there's one way the mystic's truly OP; pet heal maxing out at, what, level 50-something? and channeling+casting in almost one-third the time it takes us venos? if mystics aren't tanking machines after THAT, they're doing something wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ahem first off I'd like to start by saying a class is only as good as how you develop it! Second lets tart with this, every class has a role to play that said they are also similar to real life fighting styles so here is a quick wip of that.

Barb -> shock-trooper = heavy hitter - burn's out quick.

BM -> soldair = balanced melee power + stable prolonged combat

Wiz -> artillery = Long rang ballistics - Weak close combat skills.

Cerlic -> medic = good support - bad melee skills + decent ranged skills

Archer -> archer duh! = stable ranged combat - poor close combat skills

Assassin -> spy = infiltration and quick strict power

Veno -> tracker = decent ranged support - dependency on pets.

Psychic -> Heavy artillery = Good ranged bombing - poor close combat skills.

Seeker -> scout = Hit run style - poor at prolonged combat.

Mystic -> tactician = Fixable passable multi-purpose fighter/support -Unstable mp + good group dynamics

With this in mind everything has its ups and downs! I don't have a seeker but i have observed them and I noticed they are like scouts, light fast and quick to hit hard if used right but they are also dependent on ending the fight fast lest want to die. but I DO have a mystic and they are not op given despite they are mp gluttons they do posses lots of potential and are flexible to the needs of any given situation. Unlike veno's who can catch a wide array of pets to train, the mystics are restricted badly to their 'summons' but each is also highly skilled in a given field! 1st a heavy physical fighter, 2nd a heavy metal mag dmg hitter and 3rd a powerful support defender and the last a heavy fire hammer. and unlike veno's mystics can use 1 summon and 1 plant at a given time in a number of combination to wield good results. BUT! tacticians require a good mental level to wield effectively since they are like a wiz veno and cleric merged into one. That said you should keep in mind the mystics require forward thinking not simple minded brute slapping. For example while clerics can res anyone at a given time the mystic can beforehand apply it as a buff which like cler res lower exp lose it also gives back chunks of mana and hp on revival at higher levels but its not meant for consistent and wide spread usage like cler res. its a tactical skill, for example if the squad is dying due to a mistake made when grinding a boss the mystic can throw the res buff on the cleric who can then res and in turn res the squad rather then blow a mountain of mana before hand for a 15 min buff on the whole squad. Mystics can do well on their own when used right but they are not over powered because lack of forethought with usage can lead to mp burnout whether or not you are burning mp pots. Each plant for example yields its on special features + a lysing ability which better enhances the plants given trait to occur and for a longer time then its normal %age For example the last 2 plains currently shown mystic's learn are aoe heals the last supposedly doing BETTER healing. this fact means unlike clerics whom must exclude themselves from fighting period become stationary healers were as mystics can call out the aoe heal plant pop a fast healing skills themselves and then fight at the same time. they are all about combination. Not everyone can use any class, some people are suited for given class styles over others. The mystic and seeker class are more about strategy then simply brute force, which is why they are much more similar to scout and tactician style's of combat, meaning you have to use that thing in your skull more then with most previous class in pwi which can be used more so for simply brutish tanking and or solid support. the mystic's primary weakness its being an mp glut its second is a lack of selection in the 3 given fields of skills it has, plants being the most because they are support not primary in use. I have not yet reached the lofty high lvl powers over 39 but I am on the brink of 49 and i say while not over or under powered they posses great potential in the right hands when molded correctly an used properly They are properly balanced for the purpose no more no less because unlike veno's they are not pet dependent. Like with any given class build you have t know how to properly supplement the class's powers and protect it's weakness and faults in order to turn it form a rough lump of coal into a nice bright shiny diamond. like with anyone i can agree with there is only 1 op class and that's assassin, every other class is balanced correctly to serve its purpose of design, if you don't know how to use it that's your fault so don't down the class for your own shortcomings at using it.

b:shocked

omg... b:shocked

... ... ... b:shocked

HOLY WALL OF TE... Forget it. b:cry I didn't even try reading that, there isn't enough visene in the universe to keep my eyes from combusting. If you're going to vomit a wall of text on the forums, use this magical thing called punctuation... It doesn't have to be neat, or perfect... Most people can read typo-nese pretty readily, but I got a headache just looking at that.

I have played a Veno for a very long time. Since Open Beta. I have spent some time on archer, BM, barb, cleric, sin, psy, wiz, LA veno, HA veno, and have a Nix on my level 82 Veno now. I've also quit PWI twice, once for close to two years, and the second time, for around 2 months. The first time was due to my life, I went to school and studied, instead of playing an MMO. Second time was a ragequit of sorts, over lag, rubberbanding, and idiocy.

ANYWAY. There are a few things here that we need to address...

The Mystic is powerful. Duh. Hits like a tank, has a nice heal, plant traps, etc. Yeah, that's what people are QQing about. What those people don't quite realize... The Mystic is a Black Hole for mana. The rez buff? Try casting it on an entire party, all 6 people one at a time. Huh, you either just took a NOTICABLE CHUNK out of a Plat MP charm, or if you don't have an MP charm... you coudln't. The Mystic skills are mana sinks. If you can afford an endless supply of MP charms, you WILL be OP. If you cannot, and learn how to ACTUALLY PLAY THE CLASS PROPERLY, then it will be more balanced.

A cleric can run a BH or FCC or Nirvana without a MP charm if they are good. Use pots and Apo, keep buffs up, and you should be okay even without food (OMFG, there WAS a time before mana food existed >_>). A Mystic most likely will be more than sufficient at healing for high level BH, FCC, and Nirvana, but I don't think they will be able to without an MP charm. Right there you are incurring expenses that are optional for cleric. A MP charm that lasts a week of PVE on a Cleric will last a day on a Mystic.

And, until we know what their 79 and sage/demon skills are, I'm writing Mystic off for TW. They'll be for TW what Barbs are for PVE, buff machines. Might be different when some of them start participating actively in PVP, we'll see...

As for the Seeker, it's actually one class I suspect I won't enjoy playing. Being limited to swords rubs me the wrong way. EVERY class can equip a bow... Except Seeker. I personally could care less about the QQ over fists and APS and blah blah... They should have just limited fists, axes, and poles to all classes except seeker, OR, just fists to all classes except seeker, and disabled skills with everything but swords (ya know... Like they do for every other class...) I'd actually LOVE to try an Arcane/Magic Sword Seeker build... But that's not possible. And that was one reason I actually LIKED PWI over other MMO's. And they took that away from Seekers... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yes Mystic is tough....but they need to pay the price for being tough. I haven't log into the game yet and see how are the mystic doing, but I am sure they got huge mp problem....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Xyrika - Archosaur
    Xyrika - Archosaur Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    and there's one way the mystic's truly OP; pet heal maxing out at, what, level 50-something? and channeling+casting in almost one-third the time it takes us venos? if mystics aren't tanking machines after THAT, they're doing something wrong.

First of all I played a veno myself to 63. Yes, the only reason why it's impossible on 60 was the heal.
    Concerning mystic you forgett something very important. Petheal maxed coasts 3 times more MP than venos petheal.. So when you maxed it yout on 60 you might heal more, BUT you cann't keep it up because your pots don't give enaugh MP. I doubt that a mystic with maxed pet heal cann do solo 1-1 without a MP charm.

So the limitation to that skill in case of mystics is the MP.. Btw its not neede at that early lvl to have it higher than 7(same lvl venos get on 63), which is possible to pot with lvl60 MP pots..
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Ahem first off I'd like to start by saying a class is only as good as how you develop it! Second lets tart with this, every class has a role to play that said they are also similar to real life fighting styles so here is a quick wip of that.

Barb -> shock-trooper = heavy hitter - burn's out quick.

BM -> soldair = balanced melee power + stable prolonged combat

Wiz -> artillery = Long rang ballistics - Weak close combat skills.

Cerlic -> medic = good support - bad melee skills + decent ranged skills

Archer -> archer duh! = stable ranged combat - poor close combat skills

Assassin -> spy = infiltration and quick strict power

Veno -> tracker = decent ranged support - dependency on pets.

Psychic -> Heavy artillery = Good ranged bombing - poor close combat skills.

Seeker -> scout = Hit run style - poor at prolonged combat.

Mystic -> tactician = Fixable passable multi-purpose fighter/support -Unstable mp + good group dynamics

With this in mind everything has its ups and downs! I don't have a seeker but i have observed them and I noticed they are like scouts, light fast and quick to hit hard if used right but they are also dependent on ending the fight fast lest want to die. but I DO have a mystic and they are not op given despite they are mp gluttons they do posses lots of potential and are flexible to the needs of any given situation. Unlike veno's who can catch a wide array of pets to train, the mystics are restricted badly to their 'summons' but each is also highly skilled in a given field! 1st a heavy physical fighter, 2nd a heavy metal mag dmg hitter and 3rd a powerful support defender and the last a heavy fire hammer. and unlike veno's mystics can use 1 summon and 1 plant at a given time in a number of combination to wield good results. BUT! tacticians require a good mental level to wield effectively since they are like a wiz veno and cleric merged into one. That said you should keep in mind the mystics require forward thinking not simple minded brute slapping. For example while clerics can res anyone at a given time the mystic can beforehand apply it as a buff which like cler res lower exp lose it also gives back chunks of mana and hp on revival at higher levels but its not meant for consistent and wide spread usage like cler res. its a tactical skill, for example if the squad is dying due to a mistake made when grinding a boss the mystic can throw the res buff on the cleric who can then res and in turn res the squad rather then blow a mountain of mana before hand for a 15 min buff on the whole squad. Mystics can do well on their own when used right but they are not over powered because lack of forethought with usage can lead to mp burnout whether or not you are burning mp pots. Each plant for example yields its on special features + a lysing ability which better enhances the plants given trait to occur and for a longer time then its normal %age For example the last 2 plains currently shown mystic's learn are aoe heals the last supposedly doing BETTER healing. this fact means unlike clerics whom must exclude themselves from fighting period become stationary healers were as mystics can call out the aoe heal plant pop a fast healing skills themselves and then fight at the same time. they are all about combination. Not everyone can use any class, some people are suited for given class styles over others. The mystic and seeker class are more about strategy then simply brute force, which is why they are much more similar to scout and tactician style's of combat, meaning you have to use that thing in your skull more then with most previous class in pwi which can be used more so for simply brutish tanking and or solid support. the mystic's primary weakness its being an mp glut its second is a lack of selection in the 3 given fields of skills it has, plants being the most because they are support not primary in use. I have not yet reached the lofty high lvl powers over 39 but I am on the brink of 49 and i say while not over or under powered they posses great potential in the right hands when molded correctly an used properly They are properly balanced for the purpose no more no less because unlike veno's they are not pet dependent. Like with any given class build you have t know how to properly supplement the class's powers and protect it's weakness and faults in order to turn it form a rough lump of coal into a nice bright shiny diamond. like with anyone i can agree with there is only 1 op class and that's assassin, every other class is balanced correctly to serve its purpose of design, if you don't know how to use it that's your fault so don't down the class for your own shortcomings at using it.

Wall of text @_@ Next time break them into paragraphs please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Galeskyring - Lost City
    Galeskyring - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sarrafeline, EG's period cannot use not but their designated weapons, aka seeker swords mystics magic's, the EG's period cannot use bows.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If you people don t like seeker, don t use it xD simple. If seeker had fists, then what is the point of it existing in the first place. The whole point is to use swords and combos, its suppose to be a different way of fighting. Althought magic sword would be cool, and sometimes yeah XD seeker feels like a wizard especially with gemi slash taking a long time without channelin skill or channeling gear.

If higher dont want to accept seeker thats fine, xD we can be extincted like wizards and have pride of being rare or useful somewhere else. I play pwi the way i want too, not because the way aps wants me to. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ariabelle - Sanctuary
    Ariabelle - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The Earthguard classes are just more balanced than most classes, that's what makes them seem "overpowered" in my opinion. Here's a pros/cons list I created for the new classes. b:cute

Seekers:
    Pros:
    - Can do ranged attacks.
    - Can do magic attacks.
    - Can be defensive with increased defense levels (Ardenal Numbness)
    Cons:
    - Long channel time with skills for melee (can be solved with Blade Affinity).
    - Only has 1 weapon path (Swords).
    - Lacks stuns

Mystics:
    Pros:
    - Has summons/plant summons that can do multiple tasks (AOEs, Buffs, Debuffs etc.)
    - Has a lot of support skills such as heals, Salvation buffs or revive buff.
    - Medium-Fast channeling skills.
    Cons:
    - Very high mana costs (Like a cleric but could be worse). Pet needs mana to use skills.
    - Long cooldowns on most skills. Only has 1 spammable skill (Nature's Vengeance).
    - Very high maintenance. Must have certain skills on a high skill level to be effective. (i.e. Healing Herb)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:shocked

What those people don't quite realize... The Mystic is a Black Hole for mana. The rez buff? Try casting it on an entire party, all 6 people one at a time. Huh, you either just took a NOTICABLE CHUNK out of a Plat MP charm, or if you don't have an MP charm... you coudln't. The Mystic skills are mana sinks. If you can afford an endless supply of MP charms, you WILL be OP. If you cannot, and learn how to ACTUALLY PLAY THE CLASS PROPERLY, then it will be more balanced.

Concentrate orbs. My mystic has 8k mp at level 74 and yes, she eats through mana like hell. But Concentrate Orbs make it so that I don't have to get an mp charm (which goes so effing fast, it's not even funny); my mp barely moves when grinding at times.

Usually in the case of the res buff, the only time I put it on all 6 people in a squad is if there isn't a cleric in the squad. Otherwise, it goes on two people in the squad.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • sarahhowells
    sarahhowells Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If you people don t like seeker, don t use it xD simple. If seeker had fists, then what is the point of it existing in the first place. The whole point is to use swords and combos, its suppose to be a different way of fighting. Althought magic sword would be cool, and sometimes yeah XD seeker feels like a wizard especially with gemi slash taking a long time without channelin skill or channeling gear.

If higher dont want to accept seeker thats fine, xD we can be extincted like wizards and have pride of being rare or useful somewhere else. I play pwi the way i want too, not because the way aps wants me to. :D

If seeker had fists I don't think there would be any BMs left
    edited March 2011
    Sarrafeline, EG's period cannot use not but their designated weapons, aka seeker swords mystics magic's, the EG's period cannot use bows.

I'm wondering why, on this. The flexibility of choosing oddball weapons, like a sword on an Archer, or a Hammer on a Sin, made this game unique. They're nerfing the coolness right out of the game. b:surrender
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Neyda - Raging Tide
    Neyda - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just now my Seeker is only Lvl44 and I Haven't seen any Reason for a Bow.

Besides I cant equip the Grade 1 +1 Crit Arrow b:cry
    I know that I dont get the +1 Crit but normally every one of my Chars weared one.
  • Galeskyring - Lost City
    Galeskyring - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The Earthguard classes are just more balanced than most classes, that's what makes them seem "overpowered" in my opinion. Here's a pros/cons list I created for the new classes. b:cute

Seekers:
    Pros:
    - Can do ranged attacks.
    - Can do magic attacks.
    - Can be defensive with increased defense levels (Ardenal Numbness)
    Cons:
    - Long channel time with skills for melee (can be solved with Blade Affinity).
    - Only has 1 weapon path (Swords).
    - Lacks stuns

Mystics:
    Pros:
    - Has summons/plant summons that can do multiple tasks (AOEs, Buffs, Debuffs etc.)
    - Has a lot of support skills such as heals, Salvation buffs or revive buff.
    - Medium-Fast channeling skills.
    Cons:
    - Very high mana costs (Like a cleric but could be worse). Pet needs mana to use skills.
    - Long cooldowns on most skills. Only has 1 spammable skill (Nature's Vengeance).
    - Very high maintenance. Must have certain skills on a high skill level to be effective. (i.e. Healing Herb)

your third con mention of the mystic is true to all classes to one degree or another, any skill is better at higher levels. After all barb skills are quite demanding with sp and coin to lvl period.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Just now my Seeker is only Lvl44 and I Haven't seen any Reason for a Bow.

Besides I cant equip the Grade 1 +1 Crit Arrow b:cry
    I know that I dont get the +1 Crit but normally every one of my Chars weared one.

The crit got no effect isn't it. It only increase crit by 1% if you actually shoot the arrow instead of just put it in your ammo sort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lufiah - Sanctuary
    Lufiah - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'd say Mystics are way more overpowered than Seekers.

But then again, its only normal to have new classes overpowering the old classes everytime a new class comes out.

Venos were overpowered.

Then it was sins.

Now its mystics -.-

And for what I've experienced, although I can tank better than a BM, but seeker's effectiveness would only work if we have our swords buffed the right way. No aoe stun unless you curse the mobs with an aoe attack WITH the right 'mode' buffed. A lil more complex for seekers.

Lol but by the time you change modes/buffs on your sword to curse mobs the mobs are probably dead by HF b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ariabelle - Sanctuary
    Ariabelle - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    your third con mention of the mystic is true to all classes to one degree or another, any skill is better at higher levels. After all barb skills are quite demanding with sp and coin to lvl period.

Yes, it applies to all classes but most mystic skills needs to be levelled up in order to be effective, imo. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'd hardly call a class that requires using mana pots every time they're off cooldown OP. Mystics really can't do as much damage as a wizard or a psy, can't tank as well as a veno could with a GW/herc, and can't heal as well as a cleric (though we can squeeze by for certain bosses, if a cleric isn't available). I do like mystics, but we really are a jack-of-all-trades class, and if anything, the mana cost is our drawback, to keep us from actually being overpowered. Granted, it's a bit extreme atm. I went through over 100 mana pots in a BH today. It was ridiculous.
    it took you until level 65 to duo 39, and you need a cleric in the duo to do it? okay, maybe you're not so OP on mystic then, at very least... although soloing suzerix at 53 does impress me, actually. krixxix at 53 isn't chopped liver either.

but yeah, the 39 dungeon i soloed hercless and clericless at 58 or so, and other venos have done that sooner. how come you can take on minibosses seemingly easier than whole instances, i wonder?

It's the Verdant buff mystics get. We get a pretty decent increase in water/wood/phys res...which means any bosses that do water damage to us won't hurt very much. I soloed Suz at 50 on my mystic, which frankly, I hadn't expected to be so easy, since he would've eaten my veno alive at that level. Surprisingly he just doesn't do much damage to you if you have enough of the water res--granted, you can't use any pets or plants to help you, because they get oneshot--but it's still doable, as long as you watch your mana.

I think Krixx uses the same element, too, because I do know quite a few mystics that have soloed him at-level.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    As for mystic tanking, even at lv80 and maxed out the pets have less defense and hp than I do, so I don't think that using a pet to tank is always wise if its something that I'D have trouble with. Spamming pet heal costs way more than any of the other healing options that would heal ME (like the plants for sustained healing) and the pet can still dd along with me.

I haven't gone to tt,rb, or ff yet as I'm still doing quests from 70-80 due to my use of brainpower orbs and impatience in getting to use mp food again lol.

Seriously b4 I got to 75 I'd spend a fortune on ncp mp pots, barely breaking even after quest rewards and selling drops. Good thing I started with a lot of coin, so I could keep up with skills a lil easier, but even the 15m I spent on a Soaring Centipede pales in how much I probably spent on mp pots lol.

I'm down to my last 400k now, but I'm finally killing mobs with dq people will buy again so yay.

If I could only get someone to buy those 70 celestial insignia I'm sitting on. Even at 125k no one wants those things anymore QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Ulleguador - Dreamweaver
    Ulleguador - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    the new classes are not OP at all easy to lvl yes but i cant say they are not overpowered yes they both have up and down sides same go's for all class's in the game myself i like to play mystic's that class is fun to play as for seekers they are weaker or not has to do with the build that player has set up but over all i like playing veno and mystic both are fun and on here its all about the fun of the game is it not i mean why play if you are not having fun.

myself i came back to the game after someone (not saying names) asked me to come back and i started a mystic and im hooked so i can say yes people would like and not like a class.
    but yeah im not going to go into what i like and dont like about a class in game
  • Neyda - Raging Tide
    Neyda - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The crit got no effect isn't it. It only increase crit by 1% if you actually shoot the arrow instead of just put it in your ammo sort.

I know that, actually they are more like a Lucky Charm for meb:chuckle
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    To be honest, when the new classes first came out and i was still working on my sin and watching the mystics kill i did too think holy crud this class is way OPed since i was just watching them 2-3 shot mobs around them, that and the fact they could be on two mobs at once. But later on seeing mystics around lvl 70+ there not so OPed after all, there great for there buffs/heals id have to say, but not OPed. Seekers (I have a lvl 49 seeker atm) are in my opinion a interesting twist of a bm/barb. Now i tanked bh29 a few times and haven't died yet doing so. There not really underpowered either to be honest, just have to learn the skills how to use them and when to use them, when to spark etc etc. I went with the DD build for my seeker (didn't want to be a tank in bad situations if it came to it and then having to repair my gear). I think seekers are going to be a fantastic addition to FC squads, mainly with there aoe attacks, considering that they have many, so will mystics. I ran some bh29s with only a mystic a bm and myself(seeker) and we did rather well no deaths. It's just all about you knowing how to use your class right. Tho mystics always seem to complain about being mp eaters, since there mp drains rather fast.

But that's just my opinion. b:surrender
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    what ppl forget is

the skill tree isnt even complete yet

the massive mp consumption mystic skills got.

seekers gets some nice dd from tt80+ weaps but for good DD they need to use their skills. and most of their skills are aoe. they might look OP but thats more beacuse their high defence. their strongest skill (so far) is a very heavy mp drainer.. lvl 1 drains alrdy 289.1 mp every 1,5 sec at lvl 10 thats 421.4 mp every 1,5 sec what makes it just over 2809 mp every 10 sec's the 5k mp pots might be cheap but ya need to keep a close eye to use it on time or ur out of mana (offc mp helm etc can help a bit).

+ they can only use (dual) swords/blades & magic weapons not a single other weapon not even a lvl 1 bow what every other class can use.

imho TB are still more OP then EG and other classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011

Uh, nope... It would actually bump your Crit rate by 1 (which would double my Mystic's crit rate, however, I'd have to stat enough dex to equip a bow, which would probably bump it again anyway!).

Being fired, or just one sitting in your 'quiver', didn't seem to matter, it gives you a permanent bonus.

I'll bet the 79 skills for Mystic consists of a 'MP recovery' skill, a 'reduces MP cost by 50% for 2 minutes' skill, an offensive skill, and a defensive skill.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    what ppl forget is

the skill tree isnt even complete yet

the massive mp consumption mystic skills got.

seekers gets some nice dd from tt80+ weaps but for good DD they need to use their skills. and most of their skills are aoe. they might look OP but thats more beacuse their high defence. their strongest skill (so far) is a very heavy mp drainer.. lvl 1 drains alrdy 289.1 mp every 1,5 sec at lvl 10 thats 421.4 mp every 1,5 sec what makes it just over 2809 mp every 10 sec's the 5k mp pots might be cheap but ya need to keep a close eye to use it on time or ur out of mana (offc mp helm etc can help a bit).

+ they can only use (dual) swords/blades & magic weapons not a single other weapon not even a lvl 1 bow what every other class can use.

imho TB are still more OP then EG and other classes.

Yeah but that skill is love haha, i love watching seekers use it it's amusing.

Anyone have any links to some site that has a full list of skills, if they were released somewhere on some Chinese PWI forums perhaps? Curiosity might of killed the cat, but god i'm curios to know what other skills will come about. b:shutup
  • Ulleguador - Dreamweaver
    Ulleguador - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    like mystics they do use mana fast.. not as bad at higher lvls than as lower lvls boy did i use mana like it was getting old..

I got something to ask about mystics at lvl 80 and up
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    like mystics they do use mana fast.. not as bad at higher lvls than as lower lvls boy did i use mana like it was getting old..

I got something to ask about mystics at lvl 80 and up

To be honest, i don't really eat up a lot of mp on my seeker.
    Only time i do is when i round up a couple mobs and aoe them all only then do i hp/mp pot like a mad man.