Seeker QQ thread.

Comments

• Lelouchvi - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    how does everyone build there seeker? Str + Dex? Or do you put some in Mag? My original thought of the seeker before the release was that it was a sword mage type. Has anyone done a Str + Mag stat wise? Because it seems your basing this class like its a BM. Just a thought realy

Im pretty sure its supposed to be a bm sword build.
  • Korwynias - Sanctuary
    Korwynias - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Im just saying cause I've played other MMO's with both a blader type and a blade magic type and the people that complained about the blade magic type are usualy the ones that didnt know that you had to put magic into the build in order to make it work. They just saw the sword on both and assumed they were the same. Im just asking has someone tried Str + Mag base and seeing how that works comparitivly.

One doesnt know that two similar looking rocks are different until they break them open.
  • zizoun
    zizoun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Skills are physical orientated even when they do metal damage, so putting mag points in a seeker will be close to useless than just for more mana to cast the constant aoe, which I find, under my point of view, stupid.
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Comparatively seeker is a useless class:

1) Sword BM's have the same passive upgrade for sword damage
    2) BM's can stun reliably using Roar
    3) Heavens Flame
    4) BM's can seal targets
    5) BM's can beef up their physical defense using a buff
    6) BM's can switch between magic and phys marrow when the bosses dont deal both types of damage.
    7) BM's have 5 aps potential.

Seeker has really nothing valuable to offer. They have Buffs/skills that can only be used by consuming mirages. They have an assassin-wannabe skill to teleport. They can only stun/seal/freeze 30% of the time.

They are very underpowered in comparison with BM's. They dont even have the ability to see stealthed sins - which would have been the only thing that would've made a seeker worthwhile.

1) Every melee class gets 6%*skillvl upgrade for bonus-damage.
    2) I can agree to that.
    3) Which makes every other class useless?
    4) Not until 79, and Quid Pro Quo seals targets AND sends debuffs. I think it was demon version that stole buffs.
    5) 30 def lvls>>>>>> 60% gear def.
    6) No need with 30 def lvls.
    7) If you'd manage to get your hands on a -0.1 sword, you can get 4 APS sparked. 4APS sword>5 APS fists.

The crappy buff no one will use costs a mirage. Stun/Seal/Freeze deals extra damage, compared to no damage for a BM's Roar.

If that's your reason they are underpowered, every class is, since no one can see them, except higher lvl'd ones.

They have the same amount of AoEs as BMs, but they get them earlier. It's the first class able to AoE grind.

They haven't been out for a week and people are complaining.
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    Rivi_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You know what is funny. If seekers had 1 or 2 things ppls say they should have, They'll QQ that they are OP.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
  • maestro120
    maestro120 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    1)

5) 30 def lvls>>>>>> 60% gear def.

I believe you're thinking of the cleric's phys defense buff ?

As far as I'm aware, the BM's 60% defense buff applies to total phys defense, not just the bonuses from gear/equipment.
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    maestro120 wrote: »
    I believe you're thinking of the cleric's phys defense buff ?

As far as I'm aware, the BM's 60% defense buff applies to total phys defense, not just the bonuses from gear/equipment.

It doesn't since I get the same increases from either 1 bm buff or 1 cleric p.def buff
    if you don't believe me have 1 cleric buff you with lvl 10 p.def buff note your p.def
    then relog or wait until the buff wears off
    Then have bm buff you with lvl 10 p.def buff, note your p.def again
    Now your p.def should be the exact same with the cleric buff as with the bm buff

Also 30 defense levels beat the 5%or so your p.def reduction goes up by the bm buff
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Also 30 defense levels beat the 5%or so your p.def reduction goes up by the bm buff

Yep yep yep b:victory
    Enemy deal 100 phy damage
    Phy def reduce it by 30%
    Def lv further reduce the damage received by 30%

(damage - defense) - defense lv = damage received

Having a very high defense lv mean you receive very minimal damage.
    And increasing phy def to reach very high % value isn't easy on high lv without good gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm going to QQ about Mystic Resurrect mana cost instead.... 2050 at lv5? Really? b:laugh

Lets also consider the fact that catapults may never get into a base again... almost sure 1 push from bramble tornado will probably destroy it.... if not hell the cool down is 12 seconds.
  • Lionsmanefir - Archosaur
    Lionsmanefir - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Cost aside, the fact that the new classes buffs require an outside item in order to even cast is beyond ****.

I am new.Please tell me how to start a new thread
  • Zelinity - Lost City
    Zelinity - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Even though mirages are quite cheap (15k on LC) needing them for a buff that isnt even good is pretty stupid, especially since it only lasts 30 mins....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And when you turn you around, you see yourself on the ground.
    And for the first time, no one cares just who you really are.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If you'd manage to get your hands on a -0.1 sword, you can get 4 APS sparked. 4APS sword>5 APS fists.

Nope.

As it was pointed out in another post, 2.86 is the highest aps seekers (and sword BMs) can reach.

Melee swords have 1.11 att/rate while magic swords have 1.25 (same as daggers).
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    7) If you'd manage to get your hands on a -0.1 sword, you can get 4 APS sparked. 4APS sword>5 APS fists.

Even with a sword that had -0.1 (which doesn't exist) highest you could have is 2.86, that's with TT99 wrists, nirvana legs, tome, TT99 HA and LA bonuses, and lunar cape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • bhman
    bhman Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    dont QQ to much the SEEKER has its place.. stack your two debuff/AMP and you have about a 50% AMP dmg on bosses. ALSO a list of 6 AOEs to choose from..

o and RB DELTA is cake. jsut bring that darn mana charm and 75 pots.. and u wont need an archer or Wiz... The real QQ is my WIZ/Archer are no longer needed for RB. instead replace the darn squishy WIZ/ARCHER with a sin for Blood paint. i have Screen shoots in RB DELTA but you guys will jsut need to lvl your toon to rly learn what it can do.

o one minor QQ. WTH 412 MANA every 1.5 SECS. holy **** . but holy **** it does extreme dmg if u can keep it up. Goes to Doc and ask for the little blue pill.

O my SEEKER avatar isnt listed yet. But its lvl 85.. yea yea Hyper in FF.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So...if everyone feels that the buffs that require mirages are relatively useless, just don't use them, and you won't need mirages. o.o

True, its not that big of a issue but like what many others think, it completely unfair for Seekers unlike any other class to pay extra money for their ONLY 2 buffs that only last 30 mins and is not even that good (They are good but its not that great with a mirage requirement).

I think that requirement should be removed just to make it fair.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    True, its not that big of a issue but like what many others think, it completely unfair for Seekers unlike any other class to pay extra money for their ONLY 2 buffs that only last 30 mins and is not even that good (They are good but its not that great with a mirage requirement).

I think that requirement should be removed just to make it fair.

Bm wanted My Seeker att buff .. Thought ok don't hurt .. When she noticed it went to the weapon and not the player she's proceeded to pull out her other weapons wanting them buffing .... As you can Imagine I told her to " Please vacate the area " in the nicest possible way b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Nope.

As it was pointed out in another post, 2.86 is the highest aps seekers (and sword BMs) can reach.

You are essentially correct about that limit for PvE boss fights and chi building, but seekers can get 4aps in PvP.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    You are essentially correct about that limit for PvE boss fights and chi building, but seekers can get 4aps in PvP.

Mind illuminating me on how that's possible?

If they can't reach it in PvE I can't see how PvP would be any different.

Either way they die
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    They have nice hair.
    QQQQQQQQQQ
  • Doggy_Stylez - Lost City
    Doggy_Stylez - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    When i first saw this... "Mirage to cast a buff" I straight up laughed my *** off. The developers aren't even trying to cover up anymore the fact this game is purely about making money for them... and they will do anything they think they can get away with without making us outright quit the game. b:chuckle

But, on the other hand... its "possible" that they intended this buff to only be used in certain circumstances, ie. TW, or particularly tough bosses like Polearm... and not intended for every time use just cos your farming mobs or in your bh...

I still disagree with it on principle... just seems... i dunno... lame b:surrender
    edited March 2011
    Because seekers cant;

"-Deal with ranged mobs, despite ranged skills(cooldowns make them unreliable)"

I have no idea what your talkin about here... I LOVE the seekers ranged attacks and VERY effectively use them to deal with ranged mobs. They will also be VERY handy in pvp vs opponents who kite.

"-get beyond 2.00aps and above"
    F*** APS and F*** the stupid Devs for making 5APS possible. Who teh F*** wants to play a game where the only classes being used at level100 are sins and BM's (im exaggerating, dont bother debating this, but you know what im saying)

"-Northern Sky, bloodlet are percentage debuffs that rarely proc"
    These skills are not MEANT to be particularly effective against normal mobs, they are debuffs for Bosses... ><

"-use axes, claws, fists"
    not even gonna bother replying ><

"-use HF"
    BM's cant use veno amp skill, what is your point?

Anyway I have fun with my seeker.. I'm quite glad it is not on par with BM..but I wish that reason alone would keep people from comparing the two.

Sorry if i sound a bit confrontational... im in a bad mood b:surrender
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mirages for buffs eh? great... x.x; Well, looks like squads will have to pay 1 mirage / buff if they want one. xD

To those who say seekers are fail:

Yesterday I was on my lvl 30 (now 31) seeker. A lvl 74+ sin (I player infoed) comes to attack me. He had trouble to kill me... I don't think he was fail, his gear was decent. In my opinion the seekers aren't fail, I love mine. Except for the mirage thing... >.>;
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Mind illuminating me on how that's possible?

If they can't reach it in PvE I can't see how PvP would be any different.

PvE DPS is for boss fights, and the advantage of using high DPS in PvE is that you can permaspark.

But Seekers can only reach 4aps for a very short time, and that would be with a long cooldown, and that does not help them in boss fights.

But a smart seeker is going to be powerful enough, even without that. And they can do a lot without any chi...
    edited March 2011
    The thing that scares the **** outa me with seekers...

We got a heavy armor class that can deal MAGIC attacks!

Barbs are completely screwed... I sense me quitting this game soon b:chuckle
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    PvE DPS is for boss fights, and the advantage of using high DPS in PvE is that you can permaspark.

But Seekers can only reach 4aps for a very short time, and that would be with a long cooldown, and that does not help them in boss fights.

But a smart seeker is going to be powerful enough, even without that. And they can do a lot without any chi...

So, they have a buff that increases attack rate 35%?

Either way they die
  • Lupifer - Sanctuary
    Lupifer - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Even with a sword that had -0.1 (which doesn't exist) highest you could have is 2.86, that's with TT99 wrists, nirvana legs, tome, TT99 HA and LA bonuses, and lunar cape.

I only quoted this to get on the subject. Rawrgh is correct, hightest APS for seekers is about 2.0 with demon spark.

I honesly think seekers are more of a caster class than an APS one. With skills I can do more damage than my psy did at this level. But they do however have the option of normal attack for lazy and AFK people.Honestly if they suck I could never tell. I was having a blast yesterday just in BH29. I can't wait to try bigger instances.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    So, they have a buff that increases attack rate 35%?

They can use the all class buff which can increase attack rate by 50%.

I am assuming, by the way, that they will only have -0.05 interval on their weapon, since that was all I could find in pwdatabase.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Quid Pro Quo these simple skill may have possibility to make big differences. (b:infuriated)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    They can use the all class buff which can increase attack rate by 50%.

I am assuming, by the way, that they will only have -0.05 interval on their weapon, since that was all I could find in pwdatabase.

The only sword that has -0.05 on it is Gold OHT. Not very viable considering that's a random add-on.

Either way they die
  • Yurisuri - Sanctuary
    Yurisuri - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well I for one love my seeker. Those of you who QQ either a:)rushed the class forward at blazing speeds b:)oracled up to the level and didn't bother with the quests or learning skill strings c:)are mad due to some odd balance issue i have yet to see d:)these guys are a paladin class look it up or close to a paladin class.

My conclusion who cares. Blah QQ this blah QQ that. Just leave and fail quit if you hate the class. Personally I have had 0 problems with mobs yet I burn through kill quests way better then I did as my blade. Also why would I care about 2.0 and up Dps pfft speed heads ugh slow and right are better then fast and dead. Seeker probably is not the class for omg flash players.

Meh no more to say on this matter. Yuri out.
    b:bye