Seeker QQ thread.

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The thing I wanna QQ about is not having an interrupt. The only melee class without one.

Got these from Mooy post which seem to be true. b:surrender
    Unfetter:

Mana 60
    Channel Instant
    Cooldown 60.0 seconds
    Weapon Melee weapon

Increase movement speed by 100% for 15 seconds.

Sage: Resist to stun, slow for 4 sec
    Demon: 100% chance to remove all debuff
    Just pray the 79 and 100 skills make up for it (self-heal, anti stun)

Edit: Quid Pro Quo can be considered their cancelling skill as it silences the target for 1 sec :)
    Quid Pro Quo :

Range 25 meters
    Mana 330
    Channel 0.5 seconds
    Cast 0.7 seconds
    Cooldown 60 seconds
    Weapon Blade or Sword

Transfers up to 10 of your debuffs to the target and
    silences your target for 1 seconds.

Sage : Cooldown reduced by 15 seconds.
    Demon : Steal one buff from target.

Mooy post :
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12242232&postcount=663
    (Ty b:victory)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Dimitrik - Dreamweaver
    Dimitrik - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I'm tossing my hat in here, too. I generally support the PWI staff and their balancing act with skills and such, but when I found that a skill actually requires items (and expensive ones, at that*), I was pretty astounded.

That's really not cool, PW. Not cool at all. I can't even follow the logic, here. Are they saying it's just that amazing a skill? I'm really not seeing it. The class already feels overshadowed by the Mystic in terms of how well fleshed-out and stylized it is - is this really the direction we want to go? Make the use of skills cost money instead of MP? Hell, I'd sooner welcome a buff that costs 50% HP and MP. As it is, I'll never use that skill unless someone else opts to give me the mirages.

*Yeah, I said expensive. I'm not a cash player. Everything I get on the game comes from my character's wallet, so everything he buys (or doesn't have to buy - lookin' at this new skill, here) is a considerable impact. Especially when every single execution of the skill costs a cool ten grand. See what I'm sayin'?
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've decided to not even use the buff. Other than that, I have no complaints about seeker.
  • SilentGodai - Lost City
    SilentGodai - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Use the buff it wastes a mirage than go die or relog. You will see the buff will still be there for till the time runs out. You get the full effect at level 10.

Seekers are not your i get epic gear + press a button to win the game. It does require some knowledge of when you to strike and how to use your buff efficiently. Mirage is 10k fine 6 people or 5 divine by 10k get 2k from each person for each time ur buffing
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Something really wrong with Vortex, even tho i am prob not gonna be using it till the MP thing is sort ( if they do even fix it) you get interrupted very easily i try'd it with a few mobs and they usually knock me wout in like 1-3 hits and no i didn't run outta MP
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I do wonder what kind of QQ we'd be seeing if the devs had added the mirage requirements to all classes buffs.

[...]

Let's not forget the 10 minutes Bramble lasts. Veno's wouldn't buff anyone if they had to pay 10k each time.

that's the truth. i'm not too bad at grinding, if i say so myself, but 1k coin a minute just to keep someone else buffed (since i don't bramble myself)? no way could i make that back.
    I'm just glad the devs left all the fail ideas to the newest classes.

it'd've been too much work for them to go back and change a single pixel to do with the old classes. as usual. b:chuckle

although now i'm wondering, do the devs seriously expect anyone even in PW-CN's economy to find a way for these buffs to pay for themselves? or is it just a plain naked coin sink, a buff icon/effect graphic you can wear around the map to show off the fact you can throw mirages down that hole and not care you get nothing back?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think the mirage cost is to make runecrafting more attractive. That skill is basically a runecrafting buff and runecrafting buffs consume items as well (which are much more expensive than mirages). You can't have both runecrafting and that buff on atvthe same time so they compete with eachother.

it'd've

This the first time I've seen a double contraction but it's kind of neat :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Got these from Mooy post which seem to be true. b:surrender

[Unfetter and Quid Pro Quo skill descriptions]

Mooy post :
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12242232&postcount=663
    (Ty b:victory)
    Cute. You can cast Sage Unfetter to speed up and resist stun, giving you 4 seconds of slow, and then use Quid Pro Quo to transfer the slow plus stun for 1 second.

Not the greatest combo, but interesting.

Do the seekers have any better self-debuffs which Quid Pro Quo could transfer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • DarknedBlade - Raging Tide
    DarknedBlade - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mystic: has ress (usefull)
    can heal (usefull)
    has tank pet (usefull)
    has huge damage (usefull)
    they are supposed to use wands and they do.

seeker: 1crit buff? (quite useless...)
    few PVE debuffs (useless in PK)
    overall: failed version of Warriors?
    they are supposed to use TWO HANDED CLYMORES and instead they use small, one handed swords (most of the time).
    b:bye good job at creating a failed class? 70%+ people use mystics, 30% uses seekers.
    b:chuckle i think im going to make a sword warrior... same damage, and unlike seekers, more skills, better defense, better buff, can stun often... ahh and the heal skill
  • BlaZinBoy - Heavens Tear
    BlaZinBoy - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    why are people crying about mirage use???Mirages are cheap now lol under 15k i seen some at 12k..wich hurts again the tw pay and the genie business now :( kinda lame.Also hell when you actually get to 100 and do bh1 quest u can aquire 50 mirages(random though) and since the new race came i been getting more mirages than usual.I sell some and keep some(warsong,mystic/seekers)..so learn to use your money wisely and know how to make it..nuff said!b:bye
  • zizoun
    zizoun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The seeker is a huge fail.

I love the style of the character and I would like to make him my main, but descriptions are effed up, it doesn't even say that the first curse weapon can't be used with the next so you lvl it for nothing b:angry, mirages for a stupid party buff is just simply brainless and not fair, mana cost on the constant-aoe is ridiculous for an HA class, can't tank like a barb, can't stun as good as a BM, doesn't have phy party buff like them, no stealth like a sin nor detection. Seeker doesn't have any strongh point like other classes, just good looking useless things.

I'm pretty disappointed and it needs many fixes... Some fairness with the class would be nice.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The seeker looks incredibly rushed and put together at the last second.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Since this is PWI, and not [insert any other MMO name here, IDC which], they are NOT going to make any changes to the Seeker's skills. It'll get the 79 skills and sage/demon skills if it doesn't already... But, what you see now is what you get (typos, awful descriptions etc., will be fixed... Eventually). So... Don't bother QQing about improvements. Tweaking for balance isn't in PWI's nature, never has been done, never will be done, ever.

If you want a balanced MMO, Google MMO, compile a list of every other MMO that exists, print their names out, tape them to a dart board, throw a dart at it, and play the one that gets hit by the dart. That simple. Just make sure PWI doesn't make it on that dart board.

I mean, WTF, Veno skills are exactly the same as they were during open beta. No other MMO leaves all skills exactly the same from OPEN BETA vs 3 years later.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • MaIakai - Heavens Tear
    MaIakai - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mirages may be common for everyone else, but as BM I rarely get drops. Off a TT run i'm lucky to walk out with one mirage.

same with warsong/sot/abba.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i've Never Done That. I'd Rather Just Cancel Demon Beastial Onslaught Everytime I Spark For The 35% Crit Buff.
    +1

A question.

Everyone on the forum and in-game literally scream for balance. PWE makes a class that isn't horribly unbalanced, everyone hates it. How come?
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So...if everyone feels that the buffs that require mirages are relatively useless, just don't use them, and you won't need mirages. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A question.

Everyone on the forum and in-game literally scream for balance. PWE makes a class that isn't horribly unbalanced, everyone hates it. How come?
    Because it uses a mirage which is like, crazy expensive, so they gotta QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The seeker looks incredibly rushed and put together at the last second.

Agreed.

I find that there's nothing about them that really stands out. Sword BMs are better all around than seekers seem to be.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Shalandra_ - Sanctuary
    Shalandra_ - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A question.

Because seekers cant;

-Deal with ranged mobs, despite ranged skills(cooldowns make them unreliable)
    -get beyond 2.00aps and above
    -Northern Sky, bloodlet are percentage debuffs that rarely proc
    -use axes, claws, fists
    -use HF

One perk about seeker is they can destroy both increased defense and magic resistance(2 of their skills is gimped by MR mobs) mobs through the use of certain skills.

Anyway I have fun with my seeker.. I'm quite glad it is not on par with BM..but I wish that reason alone would keep people from comparing the two.
  • Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver
    Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't really think i want to go further on my seeker. They seem extremely worthless in pvp, bad DD in pve and no solo ability from what i've seen.
    9x Barb
    6x Seeker
    6x BM
    6xCleric
    [SIGPIC]http://i38.tinypic.com/nco6ts.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Baoxian - Raging Tide
    Baoxian - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You dont lose the Buffs, when you're dying or log out, because thy aren't Buffs
    in first place.
    I only have the first one, but I think the mechanic ist the same for all of them.
    Because seekers cant;

-Deal with ranged mobs, despite ranged skills(cooldowns make them unreliable)
    the same goes for the BM, Barb and assasine
    -get beyond 2.00aps and above

-Northern Sky, bloodlet are percentage debuffs that rarely proc
    -use axes, claws, fists
    why should I?
    -use HF
    the same goes for every other Class beside the BM

One perk about seeker is they can destroy both increased defense and magic resistance(2 of their skills is gimped by MR mobs) mobs through the use of certain skills.

Anyway I have fun with my seeker.. I'm quite glad it is not on par with BM..but I wish that reason alone would keep people from comparing the two.

my 2 cents
    Heart Shatterer is a nice PVE-Debuff +30% for Physical and Metal Damage for 600 sec.
    at lvl10.
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't really think i want to go further on my seeker. They seem extremely worthless in pvp, bad DD in pve and no solo ability from what i've seen.

Make your barb less nooby instead :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LyuFong - Sanctuary
    LyuFong - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Seekers can't solo PVE adn got low damage??? lol, just lol... Learn to play before saying ****! My seeker is lvl 37 and can aoe solo pretty well and I don't even have a vit build!

EDIT: Just realized.. you have a 6x seeker already. Hypers and oracle much?

No wonder you barely know how to play as a seeker...
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Seekers can't solo PVE adn got low damage??? lol, just lol... Learn to play before saying ****! My seeker is lvl 37 and can aoe solo pretty well and I don't even have a vit build!

Comparatively seeker is a useless class:

1) Sword BM's have the same passive upgrade for sword damage
    2) BM's can stun reliably using Roar
    3) Heavens Flame
    4) BM's can seal targets
    5) BM's can beef up their physical defense using a buff
    6) BM's can switch between magic and phys marrow when the bosses dont deal both types of damage.
    7) BM's have 5 aps potential.

Seeker has really nothing valuable to offer. They have Buffs/skills that can only be used by consuming mirages. They have an assassin-wannabe skill to teleport. They can only stun/seal/freeze 30% of the time.

They are very underpowered in comparison with BM's. They dont even have the ability to see stealthed sins - which would have been the only thing that would've made a seeker worthwhile.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Comparatively seeker is a useless class:

1) Sword BM's have the same passive upgrade for sword damage
    2) BM's can stun reliably using Roar Can Aoe for better damage and ensure mobs stay on him/her
    3) Heavens Flame May not be heaven's flame...but I guess they can increase dmg output of other classes in their own way.
    4) BM's can seal targets
    5) BM's can beef up their physical defense using a buff See point 6.)
    6) BM's can switch between magic and phys marrow when the bosses dont deal both types of damage. +30 def lvl buff compensates and no need for them tokeep switching marrows.
    7) BM's have 5 aps potential. Seekers arent for 5 aps and perhaps fit in a diff kind of squad.

Seeker has really nothing valuable to offer. They have Buffs/skills that can only be used by consuming mirages (none of those buffs/debuffs are even remotely useful...all other useful ones do not require mirages). They have an assassin-wannabe skill to teleport. They can only stun/seal/freeze 30% of the time.

They are very underpowered in comparison with BM's. They dont even have the ability to see stealthed sins - which would have been the only thing that would've made a seeker worthwhile.

Responses in Red.

On another note, have you tried playing one yourself to see how it is?
    edited March 2011
    Make your barb less nooby instead :D

Don't you troll my troll forums.
    9x Barb
    6x Seeker
    6x BM
    6xCleric
    edited March 2011

The miracle of coffee and will.
    quested non stop lvl 1-4x
    than i did 2 alt fc,
    was lvl 56
    quest to 58
    than i alt fc'd my way to 62. b:bye

I don't have a vit built either, i am not saying ****. Go waste your time lvling your seeker
    youll see.
    9x Barb
    6x Seeker
    6x BM
    6xCleric
  • EarthWormSam - Sanctuary
    EarthWormSam - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The miracle of coffee and will.
    quested non stop lvl 1-4x
    than i did 2 alt fc,
    was lvl 56
    quest to 58
    than i alt fc'd my way to 62. b:bye

I don't have a vit built either, i am not saying ****. Go waste your time lvling your seeker
    youll see.

Like LyuFong already said if you play your seeker the "correct" way you will notice you can easily solo pve and the damage is at a "EPIC" high.

I guess you had bad coffee and not a really strong will.....b:bye

PS. Yes i am a lvl 73 seeker and yes i power leveld using fcc but i solo'd most of my quests/cultivation
  • Korwynias - Sanctuary
    Korwynias - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    how does everyone build there seeker? Str + Dex? Or do you put some in Mag? My original thought of the seeker before the release was that it was a sword mage type. Has anyone done a Str + Mag stat wise? Because it seems your basing this class like its a BM. Just a thought realy