Get Rid of PK rooms in Cube of Fate

Options

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Most people on PVE servers don't WANT that kind of fun. They don't enjoy it. If they did, then they would be on a PVP server.

The skippable pvp rooms, clearly signposted as such, aren't such a huge problem (and usually you pay to skip them because you'd have to wait hours to meet another person there)
    The timed jail rooms, again, clearly, are there as a pvp challenge.

The unskippable "Why the heck is THIS room PVP?" rooms though, like some of the 'mine 10 chests' are much more problematic.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You obviously need to learn what intent is. Intend - to design or mean for a particular purpose, use, recipient, etc.

Did I intend to be mean? No, I did not. Was I mean? Yep, it doesn't mean I was trying to be mean with intent with that first post.

I've also given you my reasons, all of which are perfectly valid. You don't like them because they go against what you want to happen. They are legitimate and logical arguments against your reasons for wanting this changed. If you want to actually achieve your goal, you had best come up with a better argument than "your reasons are lame," because you have only made yourself look worse.

So, my goal is not to be an idiot, as you have so ignorantly assumed, it is to actually get you to consider one of two things, either one being fine. You either say "okay, this suggestion is bad" or to say "no, here are some legitimate reasons why it is good" and actually come up with an argument worthwhile, because we all know that without a good argument, PWE, let alone the developers in China, will not pay any heed.

Your arguments are flawed, you need to either revise them or scrap them if you wish to continue with this. I've already given you examples and explanations on why PK enabled rooms are there, as well as why they should remain. In case you did not get them from my previous posts, here they are in plain, simple English.

1) PK forces players to either wait in specific rooms and/or restart, or forces players to be able to fight for their reward.

2) PK presents a new challenge to players in which they must be able to defeat someone else.

3)PK rooms make it more difficult for a player to progress, which is the point of the Cube. You are not supposed to get through it easily, nor are you supposed to do it quickly. You want to be able to remove something that slows you down.

4) Players can control your progress outside and inside of the cube in other ways than just PK, so to suggest removal of those rooms with such reasoning is flawed.

With your logic, the room that allows you to force the next person(s) to enter to dig 5, 20, or 100 cards should be removed, because it is a player's ability to slow you down. The robber card room also applies to this as a player can just say no, they won't give you their cards. The squad of six room can because a player could just go there and say they won't squad with you because they don't like you. You could be left out of a squad in the room to kill a mob that requires multiple people, again others controlling your progress. Players could just go in and kill mobs you are trying to kill for rooms that require a certain amount to proceed.

Hell, let's take this to outside the cube, starting with what will be the newest problem on all of the servers. When the expansion comes out, players will be killing mobs in the starter quest areas for the Earthguard left and right, and you may not be able to get any. They again are controlling your progress, and even on a PvE server you cannot stop it. What about players killing the oracle mobs when you want to kill them? That is preventing your progress. How about higher level players that KS the lower leveled ones during wraith attacks? They are preventing those lower players from getting a good source of income, heeding their progress in the game. Narla controlling the apothecary skill progression of the entire server by blocking off 1k is but another example of players controlling others.

Do you see yet why your arguments are flawed? Yes, this is a stupid suggestion. Do you know why I say that? Because the person arguing for it has not given a single good reason why it should be changed, especially when his/her reason can be applied to any number of other things within this game. A suggestion is only as good as the arguments supporting it, and right now those are lacking.

So, I am intending on being mean with this one as well. You have flawed arguments, and are an idiot if you think this is a good suggestion. Get some actual logic into your reasoning, and the Devs might look at it. Right now, all you are doing is looking at your own side of it without considering that the counter-points I have given essentially make your arguments irrelevant. Revise your arguments, and even I might actually agree with you. As it is right now though, sheep will follow the shepherd, but they may still get eaten by the wolves, and the shepherd with them.

So, you have two options right now, and I hope you choose the better of the two. You can keep going with this flawed argument and get absolutely no where, failing at what you are trying to do. Or, you can change/revise your arguments, take into consideration the flaws pointed out in those arguments, and make progress towards your goal. Currently, you are on the former of the two.

"n logic and rhetoric, a fallacy is incorrect reasoning in argumentation resulting in a misconception. By accident or design, fallacies may exploit emotional triggers in the listener or interlocutor (e.g. appeal to emotion), or take advantage of social relationships between people (e.g. argument from authority). Fallacious arguments are often structured using rhetorical patterns that obscure the logical argument, making fallacies more difficult to diagnose. Also, the components of the fallacy may be spread out over separate arguments."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy

No, cant actually waste more of time into that, skimming trough it took like eternity, ridiculous. Btw, when can I see you trolling me again? I are missing you and your fallacies.

And there is problem, rooms that dont state they are PvP enabled or dont state it clearly. I myself wasnt aware digging rooms were PvP enabled and I`ve done cube likely 50+ times, which might suggest lot of players arent aware of it, as somebody who actually does that isn`t aware. If you dont know bout it, you cant be ready for it. No, your argument of slowing down isnt valid to that point, you are clearly told how to get gear like nirvana, which makes your arguments as whole invalid. You are comparing situations that are clearly different as they were same, I could go and point them out step by step but appareantly I got life, dont have time for that =/.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Lynneya - Sanctuary
    Lynneya - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Most people on PVE servers don't WANT that kind of fun. They don't enjoy it. If they did, then they would be on a PVP server.

The skippable pvp rooms, clearly signposted as such, aren't such a huge problem (and usually you pay to skip them because you'd have to wait hours to meet another person there)
    The timed jail rooms, again, clearly, are there as a pvp challenge.

The unskippable "Why the heck is THIS room PVP?" rooms though, like some of the 'mine 10 chests' are much more problematic.

I totally agree with the op and with this player. I chose a PVE server for the specific reason that I don't personally enjoy PVP. I understand and completely support that many players do enjoy PVP and should be able to do so as much as they wish, however, I don't like it and I think it's unfair that the Cube is PK enbabled and thus limits many players from participating. More times then not we are unable to complete it and thus loose out on all the benefits.

I quit using the Cube which I had previously used almost daily for the exp and goodies soley because of the players who chose to pk in the "waiting" rooms and also those who chose to pk at the entrance due to a glitch.

For the most part these were not players that were in any major Faction nor we they anyone I would personally like to meet and spend time with. It seems as if the ones who choose to pounce on lower level players for no real cause or reason are not the long term and well thought of players we have come to know and respect.

As players I believe the majority of us do want everyone to have fun here and to do what we enjoy doing without judgement and without fear that they will be labled and insulted for speaking their mind so long as they do so respectfully.

I don't believe, however that there will ever be any change in the Cube so I will continute to avoid it, unfortunately.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You actually are forced to do cube if you ever want to open the past maps, complete your level 100 cultivation, or farm level 99 skills.

Cube is optional much like the CS quest; World Quest; Race Event; Jungle Ruins; etc.

And, here, we have differing opinions.

Except, one opinion was from someone that knows this game and read this thread, and another opinion had no factual basis and apparently its author could not be bothered to read this thread.
  • GoodStart - Dreamweaver
    GoodStart - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Except, one opinion was from someone that knows this game and read this thread, and another opinion had no factual basis and apparently its author could not be bothered to read this thread.

Taking into consideration the OP is representing a lvl 90 toon, cube currently is optional for them.

my 2 cents: PWI is becoming increasingly easier and easier. Why in the world should we petition for them to make it even less of a challenge? With so many other issues that need to be addressed, this doesn't even make it on the list.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Taking into consideration the OP is representing a lvl 90 toon, cube currently is optional for them.

You can open the other three OHT maps at 90. Cube is only optional if she is not doing that part of the culti quest.

That being said though, Cube should remain as is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • XRathSphereX - Archosaur
    XRathSphereX - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I know what you're saying, but it won't happen sadly...... I STILL haven't done the cube (cept to get to room 4.. lol) simply for the fact I'd rather not suddenly get jumped by some random jackass and get sent back to the start.

Kinda like Dragon Temple..... When i was lvl 60.... i went in there to check it out since i never been there. HT's local jackarse guild that owns the ENTIRE map in TW (*cough*) was camped out in there. I was like eh w/e... not like i can do this anyway. Not like i could beat them to whatever u do in there lol... Keep in mind this was my FIRST forray into a pk-enabled thing (since i was on a freaking PvE server i was under the impression u can't get pk'ed when you're NOT in PK mode).....

I'm looking around.... finally figure out which way the npc is (not the one u talk to to leave), and boom i'm dead. I'm looking around like wtf? cause no mob was near me..... I hit release figuring i'd go back to town, but i pop back in the SZ there. I'm like cool, head back to the npc. And die again somehow lol..... head back again..... my turtle dies.... I recall it, it dies again but THIS TIME i see a archer from enrage shoot it. I ask them wtf they thibnk they're doing, and how since i'm not in PK mode... no answer from any of them.... Then their Wiz one shots me....

now I'm getting ticked off, i'm biotching in the guild and **** wondering what the hell's going on.... then a guildy tells me bout pk-enabled events... lol So i nicely go NEAR the enrage people again and ask them to stop killign me, not like i can do **** anyway... I'M ONLY LVL 60! Just wanted to look around. They kill me again...... 4 more times trying to go check out the npc... b4 i left and realized Enraged picked their name for a good reason (someone made them butthurt in RL and they're raging taking things out on other people being total arses in-game to everyone)..... I'll admit SINCE then I've met ... like a couple enrage members that were actually nice...... but not many lol Still that's a whole 'nother thread there... Basically after that night i wanted NOTHING to do with events, and i set myself to farm the coins for Strong, Protect (that's done) and w/e else i wanted to get...

Anyway I'm babbling too much but you get my point. MOST of the people that join a PvE server don't WANT to pk.... dont' CARE to pk, and could give a flying rat's **** about PK.... And I'm one of those (includes TW). But everything's fracking PK, even while we're on a NON PvP SERVER!!! TW being PK.. fine, but every damn instanced event??? Dragon Temple... the CUBE (i REALLY dont' see the point of the cube having pk rooms cept giving the usual jackarse griefer somewhere to camp and do that, which is borderline harassment which is bannable yet PW gives people a way to REALLY do it... lol), and correct me if i'm wrong but CoA is pk-enabled as well isnt' it?

Heh w/e... i guess it's not that big a deal, i just dont' like wasting coin at ALL and if some tard's gonna sneak up and kill me in the cube for nothing but a laugh sendign me back to the start..... ya i'd get pretty pissed, so u can see why i dont' really do it. But ya that night in Dragon Temple at lvl 60 really pissed me off, and kinda stuck with me lmao

Hm if i was strong enough and max level i would take the abuse of being attacked and you talk to npc, self-sacrifice for the greater good (Him that sound a bit to heroic) XD. Protecting you wile in pk mode.
  • XRathSphereX - Archosaur
    XRathSphereX - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    @.@ you made my brain explode from all that reading.

Hm.. *head shakes rapidly fast and explodes in a bloody mess* b:laugh
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    As much as I don't like having some jack-butt come up behind me and kill me as I'm taking the quest in 35 (*looks at BigP* >:P) on my cleric, I don't think all PK should be removed. I think, at the very least, 11, 14, 32, and 34 should stay as is.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I agree with the OP. Why?

I joined a PvE server because I for one dislike PvP and want nothing to do with it. Nothing against those that do, but I fail at it and in general prefer to avoid it. That being said, on the average day I do *not* run Cube.

However, very recently my cleric required Room 38 for her chrono quest. How fun was that... well, on my first try, several rooms were being camped. Not the jail rooms you would expect (those too of course, but I'm talking mob rooms and random chest rooms). I was in Cube 2 hours that day and didn't make it through. My last round I hit room 38 and was pked.

It took me over a week of trying, maybe close to two. You see, most people with this quest can stay in the Cube and keep dying until they hit the room. But when you are someone like me, after getting pked about 20 times, you get so frustrated you can't keep playing.

I wasn't playing Cube for fun. I had a quest. I am on a PvE server for a reason, and I see no reason why we should be given quests that force us into PvP situations. At this point I have given up hope on page skill collecting altogether, but simply am looking at the fact that I have 5 other chars that will have to get past that quest in the future. I have no problem with rooms like 14 and 34, or even Bored and So Bored... but the other rooms should be PvE. Give us some fairness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    most people have the respect not to pk in those rooms even in the pk rooms most people just use do-all to finish their runs.

there must be no enragers playing alts on dreamweaver... on heaven's tear, the cube works differently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    before i go to sleep i would like to add this again you do not have to cube yes you have to cube [...]

you must've been REALLY sleep-deprived when you wrote that. looking forward to seeing how you rewrite it once your brain's properly rested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Most rooms on Sanct are fairly safe...I was shocked (and annoyed) outta my socks a few weeks ago when someone pk'd my cleric in room 29, while I was typing to my friends in squad chat, lol. It's usually only 11, 14, 32, 34, and 48 that I really ever worry about being pk'd in...
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

I disagree. I don't think cube is forced.

Having nice 100 skills & culti is not required (rest of skills you can buy from other players); nevertheless, if you want to be at least sort of a better player; you might as well get a bit of challenge out of it...

Cube is ridiculously easy for me, that's probly cause I'm a sin. However, even while completing it on other chars, RARELY anyone atked me outside of 14/34 rooms, & there are do alls for those if you don't want to pk in the previously mentioned.
    Today 09:21 AM
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Isn't HT a pk server...? Just checking...
  • didi
    didi Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Here's how i see it.

- Pkers exist in Pvp server as well as pve servers
    - Some pve players don't want anything to do with pvp
    - Most pkers in pvp servers wants to pvp in early part of their gaming or can't wait to pvp
    - Most pkers in pve servers wants to game first but will still want to pvp in later part of their game.
    (maybe something similar to introvert/extrovert thing)

Asuming that the above is true. How can pw make good use of it while at the same time satisfy their customers?

Allow pkers in pve servers to pvp but seperate them from pure pvp-ers who wants nothing to do with pvp.

Imo, pk rooms in cube was a good thing for most in the first or first two years of the game, but it doesn't seems to benefit anyone nowadays. Pw don't make much money from it. pkers don't get much thrills from it. Pure pve-ers stand to lose enjoyment from it.

Could things be better for all? I believe so.

I think there should be a small map for pvp-ers in pve server to pvp. Who should pw attract to such a map and what could they gain from it?

- Cash shopers
    - pvp-ers who wants to pvp daily
    - quest to be party leader of 2 or more team of say 20+ to pvp
    - pw should be able to make more money from it and extend the life of the game
    - people who enters such maps should feel real human emotion such as fear excitement success etc.
    - guild leaders should be able to gains something from it such as a chance to attract more members from such a maps if they prove themself somehow
    -5 out of 7 days a week, you have to complet quests that are time consuming to complete to enter unless you have good gears
    -1 or 2 days a week, anyone can enter with npc items

Basically, it will allow pvp people to express themself in a map seperated from pure pve-ers, allowing them a chance to make a name for themself before they event get recruited to tw, increase demand for high end gears to prove themself socially, give guilds or guild leaders an opportunity to stand out etc.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Cube is ridiculously easy for me, that's probly cause I'm a sin.

...ya THINK?!...
    Isn't HT a pk server...? Just checking...

nope. with a few fairly notable exceptions, it may be pretty much the original carebear server. you could be confusing it with harshlands, perhaps?
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ...ya THINK?!...

nope. with a few fairly notable exceptions, it may be pretty much the original carebear server. you could be confusing it with harshlands, perhaps?

b:chuckle yea You're right, mixed up names.
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I would think that on PvP servers that the Cube, like any other instance, is PvP-enabled... Conversely I would think that on PvE servers, that the only way to kill someone else is if they go white-named by their own choice. I simply don't agree with any arguments for a different setup... PvE means you choose to go into PK-mode when above L30.

For those arguing "But where's the challenge?" try a PvP server.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I disagree. I don't think cube is forced.

Having nice 100 skills & culti is not required (rest of skills you can buy from other players); nevertheless, if you want to be at least sort of a better player; you might as well get a bit of challenge out of it...

Is there any PVE in the game that is "forced"? You can level up without ever leaving Arch off of scarlet fruit and then at 101 buy a full R9 +12 from the boutique.

The cube is an instance where you get XP, farm skills, farm gear, and is a requirement for cultivation / opening chrono maps. It has more PVE credibility than most instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thinks its kinda tricky since it has to affect both pve and pvp server.

You can not only remove pk from Cube on pve-servers since that would be to beneficial for pve-players. They would complete Cube faster/easier and get mil exp + 300k worth Pages of Fate with less effort compare to those on pvp-servers. Pve-players wouldn't need to bother as much with charms + Crab Meats and other pvp pots just for doing Cube.

I mean its not suppose to be easier and cheaper to level, get skills, complete daily and weekly events just because the server is labeled pve.

Remove pk in Cube on a pvp server doesn't make sense however. Not that i think anyone below lvl 100 with average gear would object. Majority of people that enjoys pvp in Cube and wiping out Jail room, doesn't really need to level in the first place lol.

I also think its a difference between PvP in Cube/event and pk on world map. Its not like you're being forced to participated in real PvP as blue name in Cube. You cant drop stuff, you wont go red, dont need SL or Dolls etc. Its more like being forced to duel with pretty high stakes, like getting send back to room 1. But i can understand how people who really hate the idea of even targeting another player, feels uneasy about it.

I personally like it if they removed pk tho, i wanna be able to afk in Bored room and take 10 minute tea breaks while digging chests <_<
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    "n logic and rhetoric, a fallacy is incorrect reasoning in argumentation resulting in a misconception. By accident or design, fallacies may exploit emotional triggers in the listener or interlocutor (e.g. appeal to emotion), or take advantage of social relationships between people (e.g. argument from authority). Fallacious arguments are often structured using rhetorical patterns that obscure the logical argument, making fallacies more difficult to diagnose. Also, the components of the fallacy may be spread out over separate arguments."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy

No, cant actually waste more of time into that, skimming trough it took like eternity, ridiculous. Btw, when can I see you trolling me again? I are missing you and your fallacies.

And there is problem, rooms that dont state they are PvP enabled or dont state it clearly. I myself wasnt aware digging rooms were PvP enabled and I`ve done cube likely 50+ times, which might suggest lot of players arent aware of it, as somebody who actually does that isn`t aware. If you dont know bout it, you cant be ready for it. No, your argument of slowing down isnt valid to that point, you are clearly told how to get gear like nirvana, which makes your arguments as whole invalid. You are comparing situations that are clearly different as they were same, I could go and point them out step by step but appareantly I got life, dont have time for that =/.

So your only problem with it then is that PK rooms are not clearly stated? I find it more understandable to ask they be stated as such rather than just remove them completely like he/she is suggesting..

And you have a point, Nirvana is a different story, but the only way I am trying to compare them is that based on his/her arguments, I should just be given the mats for the gear rather than have to work for it. However, I'm quite certain the rest of my points are right on, as they are exactly what he/she mentioned, players hindering your own progress.

Also, am I missing something? I've never trolled you before. At least I am quite certain I never have.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You can not only remove pk from Cube on pve-servers since that would be to beneficial for pve-players. They would complete Cube faster/easier and get mil exp + 300k worth Pages of Fate with less effort compare to those on pvp-servers.

and why exactly should the PvP players care what us carebears do on our own servers? it's not like they're competing with us.
    Pve-players wouldn't need to bother as much with charms + Crab Meats and other pvp pots just for doing Cube.

we don't need to bother as much with guardian scrolls and safety lock use just for walking around the open map, either. do PvP server players often lose sleep worrying about this? why?
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    No

that is all
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    PK rooms are designed as an additional challenge to cube of fate.

Without them the cube would be too easy, as it is the only way I"m going to die or start over in cube is if I get PKed or I die on room 38 (which is kinda rare)

we don't need to bother as much with guardian scrolls and safety lock use just for walking around the open map, either. do PvP server players often lose sleep worrying about this? why?

Ummm, you don't need SL or G scrolls for walking around, if you die with a white name the odds of dropping something are EXTREMELY low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Without them the cube would be too easy, as it is the only way I"m going to die or start over in cube is if I get PKed or I die on room 38 (which is kinda rare)

a 101 barb having a really easy time in an instance that opens at level 40? no joke?
    Ummm, you don't need SL or G scrolls for walking around, if you die with a white name the odds of dropping something are EXTREMELY low.

i'll have to take your word for it, since i don't play on any PvP server, so i can't know what all you guys do differently from us. nevertheless, i still don't see why you should need to worry about other people on completely different servers from yours somehow having it "easier" than you do. how does that hurt you?

now if you'll excuse me, i'll go take a stroll through the secret passage with my UI turned entirely off --- just to admire the architecture, you understand. after that, maybe i'll spend a few minutes meditating in that nice open spot in front of west gate. while afk.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I say leave cube as it is. Its has worked as is for years. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Know PW they wouldn't remove it just on the PVE servers so the PVP players do have some stake in this. Game companies normally go whole hog instead of just specific servers.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    a 101 barb having a really easy time in an instance that opens at level 40? no joke?
    Difficulty is adjusted based on players level, lower level players are assigned to kill lower level mobs. And besides, cube isn't worthwhile until level 90+ when the reward becomes 1mil xp and a page of fate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So your only problem with it then is that PK rooms are not clearly stated? I find it more understandable to ask they be stated as such rather than just remove them completely like he/she is suggesting..

And you have a point, Nirvana is a different story, but the only way I am trying to compare them is that based on his/her arguments, I should just be given the mats for the gear rather than have to work for it. However, I'm quite certain the rest of my points are right on, as they are exactly what he/she mentioned, players hindering your own progress.

Also, am I missing something? I've never trolled you before. At least I am quite certain I never have.

Well that`s the main issue for me about the cube PKing, there are rooms where PK is enabled, yet it isnt clearly stated anywhere. To me that is the biggest problem in it, it d heavily discourages doing cube, when you get killed by somebody when you wasnt aware they could do that. Some ppl just say **** that and stop doing cube for the simply getting "facked by the cube itself", getting ported back into room 1 out of the blue. But that`s just me, in a way removing PK from PvE servers make sense, then again there are clear glitches PWI hasnt fixed during the 3years they have existed, wouldn`t hold my breath for the change.

Ps. At least you said you trolled me, right when you bailed out of the convo.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    you must've been REALLY sleep-deprived when you wrote that. looking forward to seeing how you rewrite it once your brain's properly rested.

i dont need to rewrite it the fact is there just maybe a bit hard to understand.

you do not have to cube cept that 1 time for your culti every other time its just an optional thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I can actually understand where the OP is coming from. It's actually a shock when most PVE'ers on PVE servers first do cube without reading the forums or any guide, and get PK'd by someone else. I wouldn't have argued the cube being PVE only on PVE servers, nor would I have argued for PWI to tell people doing the cube which rooms are PK enabled. Fact is they don't, few people actually know which of every rooms are PK enabled (generally just typical rooms where either you must PK someone to advance or the bored rooms, when I asked around a while back), so it makes sense to at very minimum advise people what they are getting into. That being said, there is several warnings from admins on the forums that cube has PK rooms, so that's really all the work they need to do and certainly all the work they will do in those regards.
    i dont need to rewrite it the fact is there just maybe a bit hard to understand.

you do not have to cube cept that 1 time for your chrono quest every other time its just an optional thing.
    Fixed for correctness. There is no cube Spiritual Cultivation.