Get Rid of PK rooms in Cube of Fate

Options
13»

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I can actually understand where the OP is coming from. It's actually a shock when most PVE'ers on PVE servers first do cube without reading the forums or any guide, and get PK'd by someone else. I wouldn't have argued the cube being PVE only on PVE servers, nor would I have argued for PWI to tell people doing the cube which rooms are PK enabled. Fact is they don't, few people actually know which of every rooms are PK enabled (generally just typical rooms where either you must PK someone to advance or the bored rooms, when I asked around a while back), so it makes sense to at very minimum advise people what they are getting into. That being said, there is several warnings from admins on the forums that cube has PK rooms, so that's really all the work they need to do and certainly all the work they will do in those regards.

Fixed for correctness. There is no cube Spiritual Cultivation.

you might not have to do cube for your culti but it does effect your spiritual cultivation since if you dont do it you cant get your 100 culti done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    you might not have to do cube for your culti but it does effect your spiritual cultivation since if you dont do it you cant get your 100 culti done.
    That's a nice explanation (I already know this given I have 4 celestial fairies) but doesn't really change the correction. b:bye
  • stinks
    stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Its a game! If you dont like it dont do it nobody is forcing you.

I think there are to many easy ways to earn your lvl, cube being one of them. The game has become increasingly easy but yet ppl still complain about pk rooms, whats next they are not giving you free scrolls, FC bosses should just fall over and die, BH's should auto wine so i dont have to fight monsters?

If you dont like it play sims!
    If you dont like me add me to your friends list so I can delete you MUHAHAHAHAH.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Make the entire cube and CoA pk enabled.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Making COA PK enabled would be funny as ****.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Also make the waiting room of tournament PK enabled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Making COA PK enabled would be funny as ****.

While I would probably never CoA again...omg, that would be SO hilarious!
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

CoA was pk-enabled at one point. That was changed though along with a couple other things concerning that event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MadameFrost - Heavens Tear
    MadameFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    your not forced into pk. you dont have to go into the cube its a choice. just like you dont have to do dragon temple but people still do.

well the main purpose of the cube is to get pages of fate for sage/demon skills. Why would I want to pay other players for them at a over priced value? Thats the purpose of the cube, and basically if you want to spend real life money for them, go ahead, but I rather do it by playing and having fun. Thats why we have blue names so we can be protected aganist pk, but since this is a pve server with pk option, why should it exist in cube?

And also someone stated that the cube will help people level faster at a easier pace and it shouldn't. Well how would that matter since we have hyper stones and ff, that levels us way faster then the cube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bow Down to me, your Queen. For it is Me that brings the Lustrous beauty of winter among Perfect world, without me, There is no Perfection in the world
    b:cute
    -MadameFrost b:heart
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    well the main purpose of the cube is to get pages of fate for sage/demon skills. Why would I want to pay other players for them at a over priced value? Thats the purpose of the cube, and basically if you want to spend real life money for them, go ahead, but I rather do it by playing and having fun. Thats why we have blue names so we can be protected aganist pk, but since this is a pve server with pk option, why should it exist in cube?

do the math 250k = less then a run of cube.

edit: you dont have to cash shop to get them farm and have fun doing tts and again its optional you choose to do it or you dont and in your case you choose to do it so deal with the pk and get over it cause the pk rooms are staying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Its very easy to determine if a room in the cube is pk enabled, Hold CTRL and double click on the NPC if you start hitting him its pk enabled if not its a PvE room.

I personally am more than willing for cube rooms on PvE servers to become purely PvE if at the same time ALL cube rooms on PvP servers become PK enabled right now due to the shared coding between PvP and PvE servers we have a hybrid cube with a mix of PvE and PvP rooms where as with a PvP and a PvE cube both sets of players would be happy, well except the PvP players on PvE servers but no one cares about them anyway b:chuckle.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Its very easy to determine if a room in the cube is pk enabled, Hold CTRL and double click on the NPC if you start hitting him its pk enabled if not its a PvE room.

I personally am more than willing for cube rooms on PvE servers to become purely PvE if at the same time ALL cube rooms on PvP servers become PK enabled right now due to the shared coding between PvP and PvE servers we have a hybrid cube with a mix of PvE and PvP rooms where as with a PvP and a PvE cube both sets of players would be happy, well except the PvP players on PvE servers but no one cares about them anyway b:chuckle.
    Actually even if PK is enabled in the room if you're blue named and you try to attack the NPC it wont work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    And, here, we have differing opinions.

Except, one opinion was from someone that knows this game and read this thread, and another opinion had no factual basis and apparently its author could not be bothered to read this thread.

ijs There is a need for a challenge in every instance. If you don't have PK rooms in the cube what would you like? Would like more logic puzzles in the cube? Sure I am sure they could do that.

I think (dangerous last words) that we don't need to change anything about the cube. It works fine. Its a race. There are 'options' if you wish to seek passage past certain areas and you don't need to change anything. It doesn't matter what level you are. If there is a will there is a way.

Also the cultivation at level 100 is entirely OPTIONAL. No one is holding a gun to your head to get the lower OHT maps or the level 100 cultivation. I did read the thread and I am very experienced in Perfect World.

As for opening past maps? Dear God shock horror you have to go in what? Once to room 38 and cross that room. Well... I'd say there is no challenge there. As they say in the Special Air Service "Who Dares Wins." and everyone has to do the (brave the) Cube of DOOM at some point. Considering a lot of the server is 'level 100' and there is no reason to go to the Cube at 'Level 100' or Level 99 it shouldn't be much of a problem.

As for the Pages of Fate. They cost about 400~430k in gold on our server so you can buy them from players or you can buy 'Book Credit Cards' off people for 200k and they make Old Book Pages as well as Page of Fate. So like I was saying 'having no basis for an idea or an argument' I'd say I've just backed you into a corner.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Actually even if PK is enabled in the room if you're blue named and you try to attack the NPC it wont work.

I was playing my psychic and doing the room where you have to kill one of the 7 or 8 big guys in the room. I was blue named, but when I hit my AoE, it hit the NPC of the room and made my name go pink. It made me double-take, but went away after a minute or so, and once more I was blue named.

Also, moving this to The Suggestion Box.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Really killing people in any room that's not 14 or 34 is stupid. Save the fresh meat for 14/34 lol
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well that`s the main issue for me about the cube PKing, there are rooms where PK is enabled, yet it isnt clearly stated anywhere. To me that is the biggest problem in it, it d heavily discourages doing cube, when you get killed by somebody when you wasnt aware they could do that. Some ppl just say **** that and stop doing cube for the simply getting "facked by the cube itself", getting ported back into room 1 out of the blue. But that`s just me, in a way removing PK from PvE servers make sense, then again there are clear glitches PWI hasnt fixed during the 3years they have existed, wouldn`t hold my breath for the change.

Ps. At least you said you trolled me, right when you bailed out of the convo.

I can understand wanting to change that. I've wanted them to change the skill descriptions for years since there are some which are obviously wrong and need to be fixed, or just don't say something they should have included. I think though that is a far cry from speaking of removal of PK from the Cube.

I am fairly certain I have never trolled you. The only thread I can remember where you might be thinking it was me is the "Save the Experience" thread, but my involvement in that was just informing you and Blood that girl was trolling you both, and if I remember right she had even said so herself before exiting the conversation leaving us all to laugh at her in her wake.

Other than that though, my mind is coming up blank. Maybe I did and it was long enough ago I don't remember? Oh well, the past is in the past.
  • lissajane
    lissajane Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I know what you're saying, but it won't happen sadly...... I STILL haven't done the cube (cept to get to room 4.. lol) simply for the fact I'd rather not suddenly get jumped by some random jackass and get sent back to the start.

Kinda like Dragon Temple..... When i was lvl 60.... i went in there to check it out since i never been there. HT's local jackarse guild that owns the ENTIRE map in TW (*cough*) was camped out in there. I was like eh w/e... not like i can do this anyway. Not like i could beat them to whatever u do in there lol... Keep in mind this was my FIRST forray into a pk-enabled thing (since i was on a freaking PvE server i was under the impression u can't get pk'ed when you're NOT in PK mode).....

I'm looking around.... finally figure out which way the npc is (not the one u talk to to leave), and boom i'm dead. I'm looking around like wtf? cause no mob was near me..... I hit release figuring i'd go back to town, but i pop back in the SZ there. I'm like cool, head back to the npc. And die again somehow lol..... head back again..... my turtle dies.... I recall it, it dies again but THIS TIME i see a archer from enrage shoot it. I ask them wtf they thibnk they're doing, and how since i'm not in PK mode... no answer from any of them.... Then their Wiz one shots me....

now I'm getting ticked off, i'm biotching in the guild and **** wondering what the hell's going on.... then a guildy tells me bout pk-enabled events... lol So i nicely go NEAR the enrage people again and ask them to stop killign me, not like i can do **** anyway... I'M ONLY LVL 60! Just wanted to look around. They kill me again...... 4 more times trying to go check out the npc... b4 i left and realized Enraged picked their name for a good reason (someone made them butthurt in RL and they're raging taking things out on other people being total arses in-game to everyone)..... I'll admit SINCE then I've met ... like a couple enrage members that were actually nice...... but not many lol Still that's a whole 'nother thread there... Basically after that night i wanted NOTHING to do with events, and i set myself to farm the coins for Strong, Protect (that's done) and w/e else i wanted to get...

Anyway I'm babbling too much but you get my point. MOST of the people that join a PvE server don't WANT to pk.... dont' CARE to pk, and could give a flying rat's **** about PK.... And I'm one of those (includes TW). But everything's fracking PK, even while we're on a NON PvP SERVER!!! TW being PK.. fine, but every damn instanced event??? Dragon Temple... the CUBE (i REALLY dont' see the point of the cube having pk rooms cept giving the usual jackarse griefer somewhere to camp and do that, which is borderline harassment which is bannable yet PW gives people a way to REALLY do it... lol), and correct me if i'm wrong but CoA is pk-enabled as well isnt' it?

Heh w/e... i guess it's not that big a deal, i just dont' like wasting coin at ALL and if some tard's gonna sneak up and kill me in the cube for nothing but a laugh sendign me back to the start..... ya i'd get pretty pissed, so u can see why i dont' really do it. But ya that night in Dragon Temple at lvl 60 really pissed me off, and kinda stuck with me lmao

+ 100 FOR THIS POST !!

Like most people who joined a PVE server I would expect to play my game without encountering the mindless morons who get their kicks from PVP so why the hell allow PVP on a PVE server in anything? From what I've read of the cube its a challenge enough anyway without some idiot PKing you. And PVP in other events is just as pointless.....PVE servers should not have PVP !!! End of argument.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ijs There is a need for a challenge in every instance. If you don't have PK rooms in the cube what would you like? Would like more logic puzzles in the cube? Sure I am sure they could do that.

I think (dangerous last words) that we don't need to change anything about the cube. It works fine. Its a race. There are 'options' if you wish to seek passage past certain areas and you don't need to change anything. It doesn't matter what level you are. If there is a will there is a way.

Also the cultivation at level 100 is entirely OPTIONAL. No one is holding a gun to your head to get the lower OHT maps or the level 100 cultivation. I did read the thread and I am very experienced in Perfect World.

As for opening past maps? Dear God shock horror you have to go in what? Once to room 38 and cross that room. Well... I'd say there is no challenge there. As they say in the Special Air Service "Who Dares Wins." and everyone has to do the (brave the) Cube of DOOM at some point. Considering a lot of the server is 'level 100' and there is no reason to go to the Cube at 'Level 100' or Level 99 it shouldn't be much of a problem.

As for the Pages of Fate. They cost about 400~430k in gold on our server so you can buy them from players or you can buy 'Book Credit Cards' off people for 200k and they make Old Book Pages as well as Page of Fate. So like I was saying 'having no basis for an idea or an argument' I'd say I've just backed you into a corner.

Well, I guess in this way you could say every cultivation, every quest is OPTIONAL. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head to do any quest in the game. But what is the point of playing the game if you are to not have any skills? Which would basically happen if you never completed a cultivation since the beginning. And without completing your final Spiritual Cultivation (for which a run through the Cube of Fate is NECESSARY), you can't ever obtain level 100 skills, or get your final fairy. This is not just a quest like the 50 hay one that gives you no notable rewards and is well worth trashing. Anything like that, I would be more than happy to bypass.

And you say Cube is easy once you reach that level? Perhaps you need to roll a toon on Heaven's Tear, where the campers play. They like to spend hours in the rooms not letting people pass, sometimes in groups, sometimes in stealth. Logging out when you see them doesn't help; they will be there later. I guess you missed my post about trying to get it done for my cleric. This char was bad enough, but the camping in Cube on HT is a lot worse now than it was then. So unless you are into PvP, and are capable/willing to fight back, you don't stand a freaking chance in there half the time.

And I'm not saying that *all* pk rooms should be removed by any means. I have nothing against rooms 14/34 and even the two jail rooms, as I stated before. But the fact that 3/4 of the rooms are pk enabled leaves too many rooms being camped, and that makes it literally impossible to get through sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    After 3 months of cubing I finally failed at cube yesterday for the first time.

Why? I entered room 34 and got killed by BM + Sin Combo before I could even get my puzzle cube.

If anything, I would like that to be fixed first.

Would relogging help the issue?

I can understand pk enabled in 4 rooms (11,14,32 and 34). Why its enabled in other rooms, I have no idea.

I once got killed in room 26 (death judge iirc), because one genius r9 wizard decided to send in a phoenix at the mob when I was within the range of the aoe.

@Kinjeto
    Book Credit cards for 200k? Damn what a rip off. 10 book credit cards = 1 page of fate or 1 old book page. At that price its like 2 mil per page. I'll pay you that amount for a full delta and give me all the old book pages :P
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    For completeness here are the rooms that are PVP enabled

Rooms that are currently PVP enabled:

11 Bored...
    14 I Don't Wanna Leave
    22 Mystical Messenger
    23 Real or Fake
    25 Dragon Gate
    26 Death Judge
    29 Slaughterhouse EX
    30 100 Second Stand EX
    32 Very Bored
    33 Monster Trapper
    34 Steadfast
    35 Life Diverged, Again
    36 Crazy Chest
    37 Great Luck
    38 Dragon Gate EX
    39 Consequence
    42 Mystical Messenger
    43 Take Down the Demon
    44 Bomber Mania
    45 Open Sesame... Please?
    47 The Final Stand
    48 Chest of Memories
    58 A Serious Duel

My opinion is that the ones highlighted in red shouldn't have free PK in them on PVE servers out of respect to the blue named players those servers are designed to cater.

I'm not saying it's a big problem currently, just that I disagree with the design of those rooms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Dimitrik - Dreamweaver
    Dimitrik - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I agree. I don't believe the people who've elected to avoid PvP by joining a PvE server should be forced into PvP situations. And yeah, if you have to go through it in order to complete your character, it's forced.

Example:
    Territory War is not required. It gives you nice stuff, but can easily be bypassed. It is not essential to the development of your character.

Cultivation is required. It cannot be bypassed, and it is essential to the development of your character. Without cultivation, you are stunted.

If the Cube is required for your cultivation, then it's forced on PvE'ers. Simple logic. Don't know why it's been argued so much on this forum.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    @Dimitrik

The cube is only required for your level 100 cultivation, but hey so are two full delta runs which is even more difficult than doing the cube even after factoring the forced pvp.

Most lvl100s do just fine without their lvl100 skills if you didnt know. Having them is a good perk but in no way deterring a character's performance. And even if you complete your lvl100 culti, you still need 20 chrono pages for 1 skill book (1 chrono page = 2 mils or you go world boss farming/OMS farming with friends and faction mates). Furthermore, the lvl100 skills are not part of your lvl10 skill sets (i.e. the ones you can lvl upto lvl10 prior to 89). They are brand new skills and in most cases just debuffs or provide a certain degree of convenience. Also the lvl100 skills are the same for both demon and sage cultivations and hence are similar to your lvl79 skills in that aspect.

From a certain point of view, cube is necessary but having PK forced in it, as illogical as it sounds in certain instances, is just added difficulty.

In the end, your lvl100 culti, however important it may seem to you, is quite optional if you look at it from a certain point of view.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    my opinon may not matter much here since i never liked the cube even before i found out it was pk enabled lol.

by all rights, there should be SOME warning that rooms in the cube are pk enabled in the PVE servers (hell until i read this thread i wasn't even aware that so many were pk enabled lol i only knew of 4

aside of the warning however, i feel that it is something that doesn't need to change. anything that makes the game easier at this point i'm willing to shoot down without mercy. pretty much everything has been served up on a silver platter now a days. the cube looks like one of the few things that exist that actually make you work for accomplish PVE server or no. this is coming for a guy that would rather avoid pvp.

the way i see it, the cube is optional no one is putting a gun to your head to take part in it. i've been in the about 5 times, ended up failing every time due to not doing the rooms right. so i just stopped trying. the arugment about needing to do this for a level 100 culti isn't something i can really talk about much, but the way i see it, at level 100, you should be able to handle yourself enuf to get a chance of surviving if you get jumped.

what's wrong with having something like the cube the way it is even IF it's a PVE server? we already have awesome ways of getting exp, CS BH WQ oracles, FFC, Rotfish trench (well i like leveling there anyway) as well as hyper stones. in the face of all this, what's the harm in having this in the game?