Get Rid of PK rooms in Cube of Fate

Options
MadameFrost - Heavens Tear
MadameFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Suggestion Box
Ok basically the title saids it all, and no this is not a Rage Post or a post for qq. Reason I am writing this is, ,I ask myself, what is the purpose of pk rooms anyways? I mean, most people do the cube to get exp and spirit and goodies. I been in cube alot of times, and there have been times where i been pked, but at the end I finally get to it in that day. My question is basically, why should we be delayed or give up for what we want because of other players enjoyment in annoying others. I mean its a game, so whatever, but really, annoying people is the best way to get fun? I mean Pk should only be when your in pk mode outside of a safezone or tw. Now if you think that pk rooms shouldn't exist in cube of fate, then post it here, show the Gms and Mods that you want change, if you really want something to happen, you all have to tell them, crying about it or cursing at other players, which is something I use to do, is not going to solve the problem. So post it here, so gms can read them and see that you want change, thats what gms and mods are for, to be at your service and help. Sure the Gms have been slacking off lately, or should I say Oftenly, but hey, it couldn't hurt to try.b:victory So Peace <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bow Down to me, your Queen. For it is Me that brings the Lustrous beauty of winter among Perfect world, without me, There is no Perfection in the world
b:cute
-MadameFrost b:heart
Post edited by MadameFrost - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    why not remove the whole cube thing and just give us the exp for turning in the cube of fate badge like crazy stone why should we have to work for anything at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    In case you didn't realize, the Cube rooms are meant to try and delay you or prevent you from making it to the end (for most of them anyways). What better way to make you be delayed than to have you either have to wait for others to reach that room? You are saying this isn't a QQ thread, but it sure sounds like one. You are saying you don't want to be delayed for what you will inevitably achieve? Well, in that case, I want PW to give me full Nirvana gear. In fact, skip that, full Rank 9, all equipped with Diamond of Tiger gems, and +12 to everything. I also want Lunar Energy cape, Love: Up and Down, full Ashura's, Nirvana Daggers, rank 8 top, and ornaments/helm of my choice, all gears +12 and with Diamond of Tiger gems. After all, I will eventually reach that anyways, so why not just let me get it sooner and with less effort right?

PK rooms are there to make it more difficult to reach that goal, or for some people, make it impossible that day. Besides, most people (on my server at least) do not PK unless it is a room where someone has to die for anyone to progress. If you get killed in the bored rooms though, then you just try again. Cube is supposed to be difficult and sometimes make you work to get to the end, or just simply make your luck so bad it becomes impossible to reach the end. If you want easy exp, do BH.

I'm not trying to be mean, but this is a pretty stupid request, IMHO.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    *sigh* only a true carebear could come up with something like this.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • MadameFrost - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    In case you didn't realize, the Cube rooms are meant to try and delay you or prevent you from making it to the end (for most of them anyways). What better way to make you be delayed than to have you either have to wait for others to reach that room? You are saying this isn't a QQ thread, but it sure sounds like one. You are saying you don't want to be delayed for what you will inevitably achieve? Well, in that case, I want PW to give me full Nirvana gear. In fact, skip that, full Rank 9, all equipped with Diamond of Tiger gems, and +12 to everything. I also want Lunar Energy cape, Love: Up and Down, full Ashura's, Nirvana Daggers, rank 8 top, and ornaments/helm of my choice, all gears +12 and with Diamond of Tiger gems. After all, I will eventually reach that anyways, so why not just let me get it sooner and with less effort right?

PK rooms are there to make it more difficult to reach that goal, or for some people, make it impossible that day. Besides, most people (on my server at least) do not PK unless it is a room where someone has to die for anyone to progress. If you get killed in the bored rooms though, then you just try again. Cube is supposed to be difficult and sometimes make you work to get to the end, or just simply make your luck so bad it becomes impossible to reach the end. If you want easy exp, do BH.

I'm not trying to be mean, but this is a pretty stupid request, IMHO.

To be honest, you are contracting yourself, your saying you aren't being mean, but in fact you are. And as for your points, your points have nothing to do with cube. I am saying, why should other players slow you down from what you want to achieve, you think I am standing in your way to get nirvana gear? Get your facts straight before you post please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bow Down to me, your Queen. For it is Me that brings the Lustrous beauty of winter among Perfect world, without me, There is no Perfection in the world
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Cube is one of the few places that is random PK on the PVE servers (and in more rooms than just the ones that SAY they are for PK, too.)

They DO need to fix the glitch at cube entry, and they really ought to have better description on the PK rooms ("Dig ten chests, but be careful! Others may try to kill you!")

Apart from that though - no, I don't think it should change.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    *sigh* only a true carebear could come up with something like this.

I know I love Carebears, Blue Carebear for the win b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Cube is one of the few places that is random PK on the PVE servers (and in more rooms than just the ones that SAY they are for PK, too.)

They DO need to fix the glitch at cube entry, and they really ought to have better description on the PK rooms ("Dig ten chests, but be careful! Others may try to kill you!")

Apart from that though - no, I don't think it should change.

Well I respect your opinon, Unlike Others b:laugh. But you do have a good point, would be nice to have a description
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Forced PK rooms in the cube doesn't really make much sense for PVE servers.

Lots of people play on those servers so they don't have to deal with higher levels who enjoy killing those that are not able to defend themselves. Being facerolled by some random sin out of stealth while attempting to dig 10 chests is counter to that choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I know what you're saying, but it won't happen sadly...... I STILL haven't done the cube (cept to get to room 4.. lol) simply for the fact I'd rather not suddenly get jumped by some random jackass and get sent back to the start.

Kinda like Dragon Temple..... When i was lvl 60.... i went in there to check it out since i never been there. HT's local jackarse guild that owns the ENTIRE map in TW (*cough*) was camped out in there. I was like eh w/e... not like i can do this anyway. Not like i could beat them to whatever u do in there lol... Keep in mind this was my FIRST forray into a pk-enabled thing (since i was on a freaking PvE server i was under the impression u can't get pk'ed when you're NOT in PK mode).....

I'm looking around.... finally figure out which way the npc is (not the one u talk to to leave), and boom i'm dead. I'm looking around like wtf? cause no mob was near me..... I hit release figuring i'd go back to town, but i pop back in the SZ there. I'm like cool, head back to the npc. And die again somehow lol..... head back again..... my turtle dies.... I recall it, it dies again but THIS TIME i see a archer from enrage shoot it. I ask them wtf they thibnk they're doing, and how since i'm not in PK mode... no answer from any of them.... Then their Wiz one shots me....

now I'm getting ticked off, i'm biotching in the guild and **** wondering what the hell's going on.... then a guildy tells me bout pk-enabled events... lol So i nicely go NEAR the enrage people again and ask them to stop killign me, not like i can do **** anyway... I'M ONLY LVL 60! Just wanted to look around. They kill me again...... 4 more times trying to go check out the npc... b4 i left and realized Enraged picked their name for a good reason (someone made them butthurt in RL and they're raging taking things out on other people being total arses in-game to everyone)..... I'll admit SINCE then I've met ... like a couple enrage members that were actually nice...... but not many lol Still that's a whole 'nother thread there... Basically after that night i wanted NOTHING to do with events, and i set myself to farm the coins for Strong, Protect (that's done) and w/e else i wanted to get...

Anyway I'm babbling too much but you get my point. MOST of the people that join a PvE server don't WANT to pk.... dont' CARE to pk, and could give a flying rat's **** about PK.... And I'm one of those (includes TW). But everything's fracking PK, even while we're on a NON PvP SERVER!!! TW being PK.. fine, but every damn instanced event??? Dragon Temple... the CUBE (i REALLY dont' see the point of the cube having pk rooms cept giving the usual jackarse griefer somewhere to camp and do that, which is borderline harassment which is bannable yet PW gives people a way to REALLY do it... lol), and correct me if i'm wrong but CoA is pk-enabled as well isnt' it?

Heh w/e... i guess it's not that big a deal, i just dont' like wasting coin at ALL and if some tard's gonna sneak up and kill me in the cube for nothing but a laugh sendign me back to the start..... ya i'd get pretty pissed, so u can see why i dont' really do it. But ya that night in Dragon Temple at lvl 60 really pissed me off, and kinda stuck with me lmao
    edited February 2011
    Options
    To be honest, you are contracting yourself, your saying you aren't being mean, but in fact you are. And as for your points, your points have nothing to do with cube. I am saying, why should other players slow you down from what you want to achieve, you think I am standing in your way to get nirvana gear? Get your facts straight before you post please

Well, first off, I didn't say I wasn't being mean, I said I wasn't trying to. There is a difference, so you should probably read what I say instead of assuming. Trying not to be mean, and actually being mean are two different things. When a person tries not to be mean, it's basically saying they know they will be, but they don't want to be. A person just being mean is basically saying they intend it.

Second, as I already said, Cube is meant to be hard, and the rooms are meant to prevent you from reaching the end. It truly does this by having some rooms enabled with PK, and some where it is basically required. The same goes with the squad of six room, or the one where you have to kill a mob that require multiple people. Would you rather get rid of those rooms as well?

Also, you aren't standing in the way of getting Nirvana, but the point remains, I'll eventually get it (like you will reach Cube's end), so why should I have to work for it? You are saying you want PK rooms taken out because they slow you down. Doing bosses slows me down from getting Nirvana, so that means I should just be given the gear, or at the very least the mats. What if no one wants to do Nirvana when I am on? That would be players preventing me from getting my gear, so does that mean I should be able to force them to help me, or just get the gear free?

Hell, with your argument all servers should be PvE, because in the PvP servers the lowbies are PKed and prevented from leveling as fast as they could. Now, I'm sure you are going to say that they chose that server, so it doesn't apply, but it does. You choose to do the Cube, knowing that some rooms have PK enabled for everyone, and sometimes is pretty much the requirement.

If you don't want to deal with the PK rooms, don't do the Cube, it is that simple. So, I have my facts straight, you don't have your logic hat on though obviously, because you would realize why the rooms are there, and why they should stay there.

I wasn't trying to be mean before. This time, I am intending on being mean and just saying you are an idiot if you don't understand why this suggestion is stupid by now.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Dragon temple has a decent reason to be PK enabled since the chests are limited and guarded by mobs. The forced PK allows those who work to clear the mobs to defend their chest from free loaders.

COA is not PK-enabled but doesn't really need to be since the strongest are already able to prevent weaker players from stealing undeserved rewards.

The forced PK in a lot of the cube rooms doesn't seem to have any similar purpose.
    Being killed while trying to kill a mob (like room 23 or 45) doesn't really serve players that PVE servers are designed to cater.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    eh ya u got a point about Dragon Temple.... but ya that night got BURNED into my memory lol...... not to mention i wasnt' anywhere NEAR a chest... they wouldnt' even let me check out the god damn npc's options.. lol

And that's cool about CoA i thought it was PK..... maybe when i hit 90 i'll go do it. You can't leave with the Orbs from there, but there's a way to save them up right? I'd like to farm my own rings and whatnot.
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    My problem isnt the PK rooms. I just hide in them if I can. It's the room with the claps. They are messed up right now and I cant get through them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well, first off, I didn't say I wasn't being mean, I said I wasn't trying to. There is a difference, so you should probably read what I say instead of assuming. Trying not to be mean, and actually being mean are two different things. When a person tries not to be mean, it's basically saying they know they will be, but they don't want to be. A person just being mean is basically saying they intend it.

Second, as I already said, Cube is meant to be hard, and the rooms are meant to prevent you from reaching the end. It truly does this by having some rooms enabled with PK, and some where it is basically required. The same goes with the squad of six room, or the one where you have to kill a mob that require multiple people. Would you rather get rid of those rooms as well?

Also, you aren't standing in the way of getting Nirvana, but the point remains, I'll eventually get it (like you will reach Cube's end), so why should I have to work for it? You are saying you want PK rooms taken out because they slow you down. Doing bosses slows me down from getting Nirvana, so that means I should just be given the gear, or at the very least the mats. What if no one wants to do Nirvana when I am on? That would be players preventing me from getting my gear, so does that mean I should be able to force them to help me, or just get the gear free?

Hell, with your argument all servers should be PvE, because in the PvP servers the lowbies are PKed and prevented from leveling as fast as they could. Now, I'm sure you are going to say that they chose that server, so it doesn't apply, but it does. You choose to do the Cube, knowing that some rooms have PK enabled for everyone, and sometimes is pretty much the requirement.

If you don't want to deal with the PK rooms, don't do the Cube, it is that simple. So, I have my facts straight, you don't have your logic hat on though obviously, because you would realize why the rooms are there, and why they should stay there.

I wasn't trying to be mean before. This time, I am intending on being mean and just saying you are an idiot if you don't understand why this suggestion is stupid by now.
    You realyl need help, when a person saids this topic is stupid, it means your intending to be mean, otherwise you wouldn't say it, in other words, your contradicing yourself. And as for the rooms, my point is, fine slow us down, but why does pk have to do with anything. Why should players have the ability to slow others down or **** them off? Now if you want to continue arguing with your lame reasons, go ahead, I am not stopping you from trying to achieve your goal, which is trying to make yourself look like an idiot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ok basically the title saids it all, and no this is not a Rage Post or a post for qq.

Why do all rage/qq threads start like this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Why do all rage/qq threads start like this?

To be cliche?
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i support this for pve servers only if i wnt to do some pk and kick some *** and take names i would go play my chars over on lost or harshlands shouldnt be forced to do pk on a pve server except for the events
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »
    i support this for pve servers only if i wnt to do some pk and kick some *** and take names i would go play my chars over on lost or harshlands shouldnt be forced to do pk on a pve server except for the events

your not forced into pk. you dont have to go into the cube its a choice. just like you dont have to do dragon temple but people still do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    your not forced into pk. you dont have to go into the cube its a choice. just like you dont have to do dragon temple but people still do.

PK in dragon temple has a decent purpose: to protect your chests from free loaders.

You actually are forced to do cube if you ever want to open the past maps, complete your level 100 cultivation, or farm level 99 skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    PK in dragon temple has a decent purpose: to protect your chests from free loaders.

You actually are forced to do cube if you ever want to open the past maps, complete your level 100 cultivation, or farm level 99 skills.

ah but see you dont have to pk in those rooms and most people have the respect not to pk in those rooms even in the pk rooms most people just use do-all to finish their runs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

edited February 2011
    Options
    You realyl need help, when a person saids this topic is stupid, it means your intending to be mean, otherwise you wouldn't say it, in other words, your contradicing yourself. And as for the rooms, my point is, fine slow us down, but why does pk have to do with anything. Why should players have the ability to slow others down or **** them off? Now if you want to continue arguing with your lame reasons, go ahead, I am not stopping you from trying to achieve your goal, which is trying to make yourself look like an idiot

You obviously need to learn what intent is. Intend - to design or mean for a particular purpose, use, recipient, etc.

Did I intend to be mean? No, I did not. Was I mean? Yep, it doesn't mean I was trying to be mean with intent with that first post.

I've also given you my reasons, all of which are perfectly valid. You don't like them because they go against what you want to happen. They are legitimate and logical arguments against your reasons for wanting this changed. If you want to actually achieve your goal, you had best come up with a better argument than "your reasons are lame," because you have only made yourself look worse.

So, my goal is not to be an idiot, as you have so ignorantly assumed, it is to actually get you to consider one of two things, either one being fine. You either say "okay, this suggestion is bad" or to say "no, here are some legitimate reasons why it is good" and actually come up with an argument worthwhile, because we all know that without a good argument, PWE, let alone the developers in China, will not pay any heed.

Your arguments are flawed, you need to either revise them or scrap them if you wish to continue with this. I've already given you examples and explanations on why PK enabled rooms are there, as well as why they should remain. In case you did not get them from my previous posts, here they are in plain, simple English.

1) PK forces players to either wait in specific rooms and/or restart, or forces players to be able to fight for their reward.

2) PK presents a new challenge to players in which they must be able to defeat someone else.

3)PK rooms make it more difficult for a player to progress, which is the point of the Cube. You are not supposed to get through it easily, nor are you supposed to do it quickly. You want to be able to remove something that slows you down.

4) Players can control your progress outside and inside of the cube in other ways than just PK, so to suggest removal of those rooms with such reasoning is flawed.

With your logic, the room that allows you to force the next person(s) to enter to dig 5, 20, or 100 cards should be removed, because it is a player's ability to slow you down. The robber card room also applies to this as a player can just say no, they won't give you their cards. The squad of six room can because a player could just go there and say they won't squad with you because they don't like you. You could be left out of a squad in the room to kill a mob that requires multiple people, again others controlling your progress. Players could just go in and kill mobs you are trying to kill for rooms that require a certain amount to proceed.

Hell, let's take this to outside the cube, starting with what will be the newest problem on all of the servers. When the expansion comes out, players will be killing mobs in the starter quest areas for the Earthguard left and right, and you may not be able to get any. They again are controlling your progress, and even on a PvE server you cannot stop it. What about players killing the oracle mobs when you want to kill them? That is preventing your progress. How about higher level players that KS the lower leveled ones during wraith attacks? They are preventing those lower players from getting a good source of income, heeding their progress in the game. Narla controlling the apothecary skill progression of the entire server by blocking off 1k is but another example of players controlling others.

Do you see yet why your arguments are flawed? Yes, this is a stupid suggestion. Do you know why I say that? Because the person arguing for it has not given a single good reason why it should be changed, especially when his/her reason can be applied to any number of other things within this game. A suggestion is only as good as the arguments supporting it, and right now those are lacking.

So, I am intending on being mean with this one as well. You have flawed arguments, and are an idiot if you think this is a good suggestion. Get some actual logic into your reasoning, and the Devs might look at it. Right now, all you are doing is looking at your own side of it without considering that the counter-points I have given essentially make your arguments irrelevant. Revise your arguments, and even I might actually agree with you. As it is right now though, sheep will follow the shepherd, but they may still get eaten by the wolves, and the shepherd with them.

So, you have two options right now, and I hope you choose the better of the two. You can keep going with this flawed argument and get absolutely no where, failing at what you are trying to do. Or, you can change/revise your arguments, take into consideration the flaws pointed out in those arguments, and make progress towards your goal. Currently, you are on the former of the two.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You obviously need to learn what intent is. Intend - to design or mean for a particular purpose, use, recipient, etc.

Did I intend to be mean? No, I did not. Was I mean? Yep, it doesn't mean I was trying to be mean with intent with that first post.

I've also given you my reasons, all of which are perfectly valid. You don't like them because they go against what you want to happen. They are legitimate and logical arguments against your reasons for wanting this changed. If you want to actually achieve your goal, you had best come up with a better argument than "your reasons are lame," because you have only made yourself look worse.

So, my goal is not to be an idiot, as you have so ignorantly assumed, it is to actually get you to consider one of two things, either one being fine. You either say "okay, this suggestion is bad" or to say "no, here are some legitimate reasons why it is good" and actually come up with an argument worthwhile, because we all know that without a good argument, PWE, let alone the developers in China, will not pay any heed.

Your arguments are flawed, you need to either revise them or scrap them if you wish to continue with this. I've already given you examples and explanations on why PK enabled rooms are there, as well as why they should remain. In case you did not get them from my previous posts, here they are in plain, simple English.

1) PK forces players to either wait in specific rooms and/or restart, or forces players to be able to fight for their reward.

2) PK presents a new challenge to players in which they must be able to defeat someone else.

3)PK rooms make it more difficult for a player to progress, which is the point of the Cube. You are not supposed to get through it easily, nor are you supposed to do it quickly. You want to be able to remove something that slows you down.

4) Players can control your progress outside and inside of the cube in other ways than just PK, so to suggest removal of those rooms with such reasoning is flawed.

With your logic, the room that allows you to force the next person(s) to enter to dig 5, 20, or 100 cards should be removed, because it is a player's ability to slow you down. The robber card room also applies to this as a player can just say no, they won't give you their cards. The squad of six room can because a player could just go there and say they won't squad with you because they don't like you. You could be left out of a squad in the room to kill a mob that requires multiple people, again others controlling your progress. Players could just go in and kill mobs you are trying to kill for rooms that require a certain amount to proceed.

Hell, let's take this to outside the cube, starting with what will be the newest problem on all of the servers. When the expansion comes out, players will be killing mobs in the starter quest areas for the Earthguard left and right, and you may not be able to get any. They again are controlling your progress, and even on a PvE server you cannot stop it. What about players killing the oracle mobs when you want to kill them? That is preventing your progress. How about higher level players that KS the lower leveled ones during wraith attacks? They are preventing those lower players from getting a good source of income, heeding their progress in the game. Narla controlling the apothecary skill progression of the entire server by blocking off 1k is but another example of players controlling others.

Do you see yet why your arguments are flawed? Yes, this is a stupid suggestion. Do you know why I say that? Because the person arguing for it has not given a single good reason why it should be changed, especially when his/her reason can be applied to any number of other things within this game. A suggestion is only as good as the arguments supporting it, and right now those are lacking.

So, I am intending on being mean with this one as well. You have flawed arguments, and are an idiot if you think this is a good suggestion. Get some actual logic into your reasoning, and the Devs might look at it. Right now, all you are doing is looking at your own side of it without considering that the counter-points I have given essentially make your arguments irrelevant. Revise your arguments, and even I might actually agree with you. As it is right now though, sheep will follow the shepherd, but they may still get eaten by the wolves, and the shepherd with them.

So, you have two options right now, and I hope you choose the better of the two. You can keep going with this flawed argument and get absolutely no where, failing at what you are trying to do. Or, you can change/revise your arguments, take into consideration the flaws pointed out in those arguments, and make progress towards your goal. Currently, you are on the former of the two.

@.@ you made my brain explode from all that reading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

edited February 2011
    Options
    @.@ you made my brain explode from all that reading.

I apologize, I probably should have put a tl;dr in it, but I don't think I could put one that would really sum it up without requiring you to read it to actually understand the reasoning.

I do hope though all the king's men can put your head back together again. b:chuckle
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ah but see you dont have to pk in those rooms and most people have the respect not to pk in those rooms even in the pk rooms most people just use do-all to finish their runs.

You dont have to PK or use Do alls. You just kill the little guy at the entrance go to the empty corner and after 10mins the teleporter will appear. Me and this one guy found that out last night when we was out of doalls and didnt want to fight each other.

He came in killed the little guy and came over to the corner where I was. and less then 10 mins later we both was able to get dice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Options

While this is largely true the point is that lot of people who roll on PVE servers do not wish to interact with players who lack such respect. I have a blue-named cleric friend who has never PK'd and was recently killed out of stealth by a high level sin in room 23 while she was fighting a strong mob. She isn't much of an expert at the cube and became frustrated that she died that way.

Purposeless forced-PK shouldn't really have a place in PVE servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Options
    before i go to sleep i would like to add this again you do not have to cube yes you have to cube a couple times maybe to get to the room for the cultivation after that though you dont have to cube and before that you dont have to cube. the fact is the cube is a luxury as much as fc and bh and dragon temple is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'd add that this does seem largely to be a non-issue.

I've been attacked in the cube only once, I think. And that was a player who, when I ran away, explained that he wanted me to kill him because his town-tele was in cooldown!

I've accidentally attacked someone once (meant to buff them, misclicked, oops) - oh tell a lie, I've been attacked once in the 10-boxes room with the same "Meant to buff you" thing.

It just doesn't seem to happen very often. Most people on a PVE server don't WANT to attack other people. Heck, even the red-names are usually in the cube because they want to get to the end.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ive been atked in cube over 100+ times for what ever reason i got bored enough to start keeping track lol although most of the time they lostb:laugh unless it was a sin still havent been able to fight any of them and winb:cry
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

If you don't like the PVP rooms then don't go in there. Cube is optional much like the CS quest; World Quest; Race Event; Jungle Ruins; etc.

PVP builds 'character' and skill and its about the only action we'd see bar taking the "PvE tag" (going white name) off on Raging Tide at West Gate.

The cube is a race to get to the FINAL ROOM 50 or beyond to Room 60. Even in PvE enabled servers some rooms have PK enabled so there is nothing stopping people from killing you. Just means you learn your rooms faster and play harder.

Malaysia taught me to work fast. Remember what numbers of which rooms and what to do.

If you get killed in ANY room well thats tough bricks, and some of them are PVP enabled. Then sucks to be you. Try again. You get the cube every day and not all rooms are the same. You might get the Dragon Gate EX room one day. Another day you might get the chest room, the card room.

Also if you don't like Rooms 14 and 34 then use Do-All cards to bypass them but you'd be to silly to notice such things. You can buy Do-All Cards from player cat shops AND YOU (the OP) can grind DQ for them from the DQ Rewards system: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/dqrewards

They're 500 DQ points each, which is a far-cry from what we had in Malaysia where you didn't get any DQ reward points. You had to earn them or get them of other players.

It costs 3 to 4 cards to bypass one room.

PVP rooms and in this case PVP rooms with a timer are part of the game. That is what makes it 'fun'. If it was just a boring old cube filled with empty rooms, then where is the "fun" in that.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    To be cliche?

No being cliche would be filling the Cube of Fate with feather dusters and telling people to go and PvP. That is cliche. b:laugh
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye