5 Reasons Why You Should Stop QQing About CSers

Comments

• Echolight - Dreamweaver
    Echolight - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hey everyone. Captain Obvious here. Just thought I'd point out a few things to the players complaining about Cash Shoppers. Enjoy.

1. They make the game free. Obviously the game would not be running without some kind of revenue to pay the developers and keep up the servers.

2. Many of them work hard in real life for their money in the same sense many non-cash shoppers farm on a daily basis. At least real life currency can also be used for things beyond PWI's virtual world.

3. 99% of the people who complain about cash shoppers are simply jealous. You should not even bother being a competitive PVP player if you don't have the time or money and/or don't have the means to merchant.

4. There are other ways besides farming or grinding to make money, but only those with a brain can figure it out.

5. In the end, it's just a game. Relax.
    THERE
    You deserve a big hug b:pleased
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hey everyone. Captain Obvious here. Just thought I'd point out a few things to the players complaining about Cash Shoppers. Enjoy.

1. They make the game free. Obviously the game would not be running without some kind of revenue to pay the developers and keep up the servers.

2. Many of them work hard in real life for their money in the same sense many non-cash shoppers farm on a daily basis. At least real life currency can also be used for things beyond PWI's virtual world.

3. 99% of the people who complain about cash shoppers are simply jealous. You should not even bother being a competitive PVP player if you don't have the time or money and/or don't have the means to merchant.

4. There are other ways besides farming or grinding to make money, but only those with a brain can figure it out.

6. Many of the people who complain about cash shoppers just use oh lets say crab meat, herb xiao (Yes the level 75 hp and mana pots) and then complain about the price of tokens not realizing that the same item comes straight from packs that are paid for with real money.

At the end of the day someone is paying somewhere and no-one likes a hypocrite. To all those people who say "Oh but I still use level 60 pots and herb pots" don't make me laugh. Cause its just a self condescending argument.

They wouldn't use the level 60 pots or the normal herb farmed pots anyway I'll tell you that much cause it sucks at 80 and 90.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    This.

I cant think of more than one person who was terrible at his class and had terrible gears, and then ran out and got full R9 and now thinks he's the greatest ever.

Yeah and thats also VERY true. You wouldn't by R9 armor if you didn't know what you were doing in theory. b:victory
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    I'll just also add the 'cash shopper of communism scary big boogie man just seems to be children not remembering that servers take up BANKS AND ROWS AND BUILDINGS to run at about 100,000 to 500,000 dollars+ a year it doesn't run it self as well as wages to pay.

If you're complaining about the animal its a self exploding argument. You're not better than the dog you're beating. So what if I spend 200 USD a month. You're the one who has blue gear, dies in TT all the time, doesn't get taken in parties, etc. What else is new? Get a haircut and get a real job or get off my/our paid server.
    b i t . l y /
  • Hellsire - Archosaur
    Hellsire - Archosaur Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I don't really mind them, kind of see it as their loss to be honest. I mean I would much rather earn all my stuff in game than buy it all and get bored because I have everything. Not a very sound investment if you ask me.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I don't have a judgemental bone in my body, but you can strive to own THE SAME gear as the individual who spent hundreds/thousands of *insert currency here* to have it served on a silver platter.

-FACT: This is my only character.
    -FACT: I made it to level 93 in about 6 months.
    -FACT: I'm not much of a pro player.
    -FACT: Got 200k reputation after selling every last piece of gear/mount/flyer I have been working for in the past months.
    -FACT: I work 10hrs/day (No time for endless grinding to achieve said rank).

Make the most out of this game by being competitive, but don't plan for an endgame goal. You will succeed and have fun, perhaps even make smart friends.

Paul.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Y'know, Captain Obvious, there are certain things that really don't require your expertise. :P I think 99.9% of this place has figured that out already. People complain about CSers because the game has become free to play / pay to win, not because "i haev no idea how teh servurs keep runing herp derp."

I almost wish PWI was pay to play. There, I said it. A P2P system wouldn't require any of this pack gear, wouldn't completely devalue one of its most coveted goals (rank) for the sake of cash, and would generally be more interested in making the game balanced and sustainable rather than rewarding heavy spenders with power and excess. And oh yeah, the bugs would get fixed and the individual player would have more of a say in how the game is run.

Honestly, it's ridiculous to try and get by in-game without some CS spending these days. Basic necessities like storage space items, mounts, aerogear and charms cost ridiculous amounts of ingame coin. I spend about as much on such items (using real money) as a person would spend on a P2P game per month. Why not make a P2P version of PWI, running alongside the F2P version, which would provide such items by balanced, in-game means (e.g. special quests)?
    I hardly see how this vindicates heavy CS use. "Hey, I do work! I deserve to run roughshod over my competitors!" Bull. Not to mention that the real world is vastly unfair, in many cases giving the people who really are doing hard work a minimum wage while others get far more money for far less actual work.
    Why would I want to be a competitive PVP player if I'm just going to lose to someone with more disposable income than me?
    And this is supposed to be a point in CSers' favor, somehow? o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    "half" means "50%"...
    It's completely different when you word it with half instead of 50%!

Some people spend a lot of money on this game and some spending nothing. Those that spend money on it are: a) able to afford it; b) spending beyond their means, but I'm not sure you can reliabliy say that > 50% of Zen Purchasers are using a credit card and that the primary card holder is a parent of an authorized card user. I can appreciate the intent of your statement because it's quite likely that the median age of a player in this game is not old enough to hold a card in their own name (although they may have a job to be able to pay for it). However, I think it's a stretch to believe that > 50% of Zen Purchasers are using a parent's credit for a game. Like you say, the US economy is bad for many people and that includes the parents that are under-employed or out of work altogether. Or did you think that 50% of Zen Purchasers are underage but all those underaged chargers are from rich familes that can afford to use family credit cards for gaming pursuits? I'm not meaning to say you're wrong and I'm right--just trying to get you to think about your assumptions some -_^
    Well it is a stretch to assume, like the OP did, that everyone who pays into this game is over the age of 18, with a credit card, a paying job and the want to pay into this game. I also would question the logic of a parent who is under-employed and making minimum money per month that would let their child buy gold for a F2P game. And going even further, I would question the parenting of a parent who allows their child to be spoiled enough to have enough gold in this game to fund them r9, nirvana, etc. But I don't know, I guess I was raised differently than most of the kids these days, and my parents were a lot more... stern with money issues.

Some people have an entertainment budget... not everyone does but if I have $30 a week to spend on going out to the movies and maybe getting some snacks for the show, why would it be any different than if I spent $30 a week all on a nice dinner, or a new piece of clothing, some sci fi novels, ...or even a game subscription? Entertainment spending is discretionary so people can choose however they like to spend it. Once dinner is eaten you only have a memory; once new clothing is worn out, you only have a memory (and maybe a hand-me-down to a friend or sibling), once a novel is read you only have a memory, once you've moved on from a game for a new one you only have a memory. I just don't see it being any different really.
    I guess you are correct in that one. I still see it as if you are going to spend money on entertainment, why don't you spend it on something more than yourself can enjoy? Those things I listed may only become a memory, but they will be a memory you will have with someone else and something you can look back on and say "That was fun" instead of looking back and saying "Damn, why did i spend all that money on a virtual world?"

Yay! I love civil discussion without flame-throwers! b:pleased
    lol seriously wasn't meant at you, just the first line of my post about the % thing. b:cute

jafidsojf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You are only lvl 14, so unless you are an alt, you really don't know what you are talking about. The evils of the heavy CS focus of this game don't really show themselves much until you hit higher levels, I would say at least lvl 50.

lol, you are only lvl 60, so unless you are an alt s-t-f-u... b:bye
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Avatar level doesn't matter. I could post here on my bugged assassins avatar that says shes level 3 and it holds the same worth this level 100 avatar does. Low level does not mean you don't know anything about the game. Took me 2 years to reach 100 and I did many ,many more things in the game than everyone else that was level 100 faster than me.

That being said I agree with the person you quoted on the part of the evil cash shop doesn't rear its ugly head until higher levels.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Not my fault that I can enjoy the game enough to actually take it slow.b:laugh
    I also do the quests as soon as I get them.

Anyone can speed their Assassin to 102, want a cookie for your easy work?
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Avatar level doesn't matter. I could post here on my bugged assassins avatar that says shes level 3 and it holds the same worth this level 100 avatar does. Low level does not mean you don't know anything about the game. Took me 2 years to reach 100 and I did many ,many more things in the game than everyone else that was level 100 faster than me.

That being said I agree with the person you quoted on the part of the evil cash shop doesn't rear its ugly head until higher levels.

Glad to see someone realizes the fact that lower level CSers aren't really noticeable(perhaps because they all speed their way to endgame?). And don't worry about that troll, I find myself proud to only be lvl 60 after almost 3 months of playing this venomancer. It's been a more fullfilling experience taking it slow, and though I had to endure Shining Tidewood/Orchid Temple and Hill of the Old King/Tusk Town quests, it's been far more enjoyable than the blande tedium of speeding my way to endgame.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yeah and thats also VERY true. You wouldn't by R9 armor if you didn't know what you were doing in theory. b:victory
    Wait, you're saying they are good? Lol.

I can think of one archer in particular who had +3 TT90 equips and was one of the worst archers on server, ran out one day and got full +10 R9 equips and now thinks everyone should kiss his rear end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited February 2011

I can think of one archer in particular who had +3 TT90 equips and was one of the worst archers on server, ran out one day and got full +10 R9 equips and now thinks everyone should kiss his rear end.

Yes, this. You would be amazed to see the amount of people that have rank gear after leveling to 100 in a matter of days just to get this gear, and still don't know how to play their class. We are going to be seeing a lot of that right after the expansion comes out...I wonder who is going to be the first rank 9 seeker/mystic and how fast that will take >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yes, this. You would be amazed to see the amount of people that have rank gear after leveling to 100 in a matter of days just to get this gear, and still don't know how to play their class. We are going to be seeing a lot of that right after the expansion comes out...I wonder who is going to be the first rank 9 seeker/mystic and how fast that will take >_>
    +2 flawless sharded r8 bow of the demonhunter ftw
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It's not that they don't know how to play, it's that they talk so much trash and act like they're the greatest player ever because they spent a few thousand dollars. I remember one guy in my faction "lol noob you died soloing 3-2 once in 40 runs, I never die with my full +10 R9"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Bluemane - Heavens Tear
    Bluemane - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i think we need to also mention the CSers who spend there own money buying gifts for their friends/ in game wifes, husbands. There are a few who are generous enough to "spread the wealth" to those who may not be fortunate in RL to have the money but put in the "hard graft" and personal time in game. But like its been pointed out its there money to do so as they please. .....Just wanted to put a bit of balance to the argument so to speak.

Blue
  • NatureLover - Harshlands
    NatureLover - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Point 1 and 2: While we all understand that CS-ers are necessary to keep the game free, and its their money and whatsoever, its the imbalance to the game that makes non-CS-ers unhappy. We know these CS-ers should be rewarded for spending real money, but gears shouldnt be bought. Perhaps PWE could have put only Fash/Mount/Fly/Chat or other decorative items up in cash shop instead of putting up gears.

Rank 9 for example, cost approx 1.2bil coins, or approx 1500gold. 1500 gold is affordable in real life, but 1.2bil coins would take long to grind/farm/merc. Even if you make 20mil a day everyday spending 24/7 online, it will take 60 days to get the coins to make r9. Even the r9 sales dont last for 60 days. And while half the people here brag about making 100mil a day everyday, an average of 4mil a day is considered decent in-game.

Point 3 and 4: While some veteran players have the mean to merchant, most other don't. And a large portion of those that do start off with cash shop-ed beginning capital. Its not easy for new players to start making decent profit from merchanting seeing how gold price is 600k+, grinding grants them at best 200k coins per hour, while every piece of decent end-game gears cost 2-digit millions. Not saying its impossible, but the entry barrier to merchanting is pretty high that most non-cashshopper tend to give up.

As I said, gears shouldnt be bought via boutique in the first place, but the damage is already done, I guess its hard to do anything about it already.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The thing that irks me is that certain CSers sure spend a lot of money on the game, but they suffer from poor mentality and act like jerks, thinking that it's a right bestowed by their credit card... I cannot have respect for this group of people, even if they would act for their characters (I could never possibly be able to do that) or then, they are really like that (I truly pity them, then).

I know that cashshoppers do help making the game free, but still, I could not bring myself to comprehend how one spends in game and acts all mighty because of that... Yes, even if there is always one to fit the shoes of the evil dude/dudette (an absolutely needed role though for a MMO? I wonder).

Anyway, I am glad that not all cashshoppers are like that. And kudos for all of those who are still nice and helpful, even if they achieved a lot in game.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The thing that irks me is that certain CSers sure spend a lot of money on the game, but they suffer from poor mentality and act like jerks, thinking that it's a right bestowed by their credit card... I cannot have respect for this group of people, even if they would act for their characters (I could never possibly be able to do that) or then, they are really like that (I truly pity them, then).

I know that cashshoppers do help making the game free, but still, I could not bring myself to comprehend how one spends in game and acts all mighty because of that... Yes, even if there is always one to fit the shoes of the evil dude/dudette (an absolutely needed role though for a MMO? I wonder).

Anyway, I am glad that not all cashshoppers are like that. And kudos for all of those who are still nice and helpful, even if they achieved a lot in game.

Best post about csers ever.
    Pity for csers who think they are better then others just cause their gear is better.
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfenstine - Harshlands
    Wolfenstine - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    "Rank 9 for example, cost approx 1.2bil coins, or approx 1500gold. 1500 gold is affordable in real life, but 1.2bil coins would take long to grind/farm/merc. Even if you make 20mil a day everyday spending 24/7 online, it will take 60 days to get the coins to make r9. Even the r9 sales dont last for 60 days. And while half the people here brag about making 100mil a day everyday, an average of 4mil a day is considered decent in-game."

R9 is a joke and should be deleted from the game. Has anyone figured it out if you can't cash shop how long it would take you to get rank 9? 320,000 chips is a lot just to get the rank 9 ring. If you cant afford to buy the chip packs it would take you 43.8 years of farming the cube getting all the chip rooms and getting 20 chips a run. I am sorry I don't plan on playing this game until i am 75 years old. Secondly its approx 1500 gold for rank 9. It would take me probably 18 months to be able to afford to dump $1500 into this game.

Ive been on this game for a long time between different servers. I have gotten both year anniversary gifts. Rank 9 isn't even an option for me.

The fact of the matter is they need to stop adding things that make it possible for cash shoppers to have such a great advantage over someone who cant. This is no longer a free to play game if you plan on succeeding in any fashion. I remember the times when the difference between winning and losing in a pvp fight was whether or not you had charms equipped. Now its who has the rank9 +12 weapon that is only acquirable if you spend thousands of dollars on the game.
  • Finrah - Sanctuary
    Finrah - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wrong. I'm sure over half of the people that CS use their parent's credit card.

Lmao I dunno if its over half but, there might be a reason to why people don't get a job? x3

When I asked one of my ex-faction mates where she gets all the money to dye everything in red when she tells me she doesn't have a job, she says

"Oh I just ask dad to give me his credit card and I use his money :)"

I said - why don't you get a job instead of asking money from your dad...... she said

"coz my dad rather me waste his money than me going out to work because its dangerous!"

LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LesBionic - Archosaur
    LesBionic - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Reasons or no, it is true to a big extend that CSers are the ones who support the ongoing of f2p games, not just PWI. The major issue is how is the cashshop setup for each game like.

I do not support cashshop items which gives players gears, direct or indirect. Unfortunately, they are the ones which can sell out, due to players' mentality of becoming more powerful than that player who is currently taking the centre stage. b:pleased
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Lmao I dunno if its over half but, there might be a reason to why people don't get a job? x3

When I asked one of my ex-faction mates where she gets all the money to dye everything in red when she tells me she doesn't have a job, she says

"Oh I just ask dad to give me his credit card and I use his money :)"

I said - why don't you get a job instead of asking money from your dad...... she said

"coz my dad rather me waste his money than me going out to work because its dangerous!"

LOL

Oh brother. b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • _Equinox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Equinox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It's not so much CSers that's the issue on most servers as it is those people whose WALLETS play better than the people who own the characters.
  • omgwtffjaoweif
    omgwtffjaoweif Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It's always funny to see cashshopped characters making the dumbest mistakes and dying to characters whose gears are worse than theirs.
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    CS isn't the problem...it's the things you can buy by CSing that's the problem.
    It's like a fully grown adult jumping into kids' innocent paintball match with fully automatic paintball gun with double barrels and slaughtering the kids just because he can afford to buy such advantage over the kids who actually just want to play paintball, and acting like he accomplished something after he won the match solo.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    "Rank 9 for example, cost approx 1.2bil coins, or approx 1500gold. 1500 gold is affordable in real life, but 1.2bil coins would take long to grind/farm/merc. Even if you make 20mil a day everyday spending 24/7 online, it will take 60 days to get the coins to make r9. Even the r9 sales dont last for 60 days. And while half the people here brag about making 100mil a day everyday, an average of 4mil a day is considered decent in-game."

R9 is a joke and should be deleted from the game. Has anyone figured it out if you can't cash shop how long it would take you to get rank 9? 320,000 chips is a lot just to get the rank 9 ring. If you cant afford to buy the chip packs it would take you 43.8 years of farming the cube getting all the chip rooms and getting 20 chips a run. I am sorry I don't plan on playing this game until i am 75 years old. Secondly its approx 1500 gold for rank 9. It would take me probably 18 months to be able to afford to dump $1500 into this game.

Ive been on this game for a long time between different servers. I have gotten both year anniversary gifts. Rank 9 isn't even an option for me.

The fact of the matter is they need to stop adding things that make it possible for cash shoppers to have such a great advantage over someone who cant. This is no longer a free to play game if you plan on succeeding in any fashion. I remember the times when the difference between winning and losing in a pvp fight was whether or not you had charms equipped. Now its who has the rank9 +12 weapon that is only acquirable if you spend thousands of dollars on the game.

Actually, a good chunk of the people I've seen with R9 haven't spent very much cash on it. They're just good merchants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011

Are we talking in PvP or PvE?

Also I wonder who's paying for all your crab Rawrgh when you 'solo' TT as a claw barb ;)
    b i t . l y /
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011

Also maybe you'd like the 5.0 taken out of your barb so you can actually be a tank and not a BM. b:laugh

As for Rank 9 -- I may be spending 1500 on this but I'm earning my MEDALS and unfortunately paying for it. After all you gotta pay for charms to grind DQ.

Also if you look at the XP required for 103, 104 and 105 that is a LOT of experience right there so thats a lot of cube runs.

Also the FULL SET of Nirvana armor is designed to take a long time to get.

If most of you haven't noticed Perfect World is a longitudinal game.
    b i t . l y /